Mud Time and RP Time

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

Mud Time and RP Time

Postby Lilira » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:20 pm

Auril or Eilistraee,

Could you explain the time thing? I'm posting this because I'm certain I'm not the only one that gets confused by all this.

Mud time moves constantly.. since the death of Auzorm'tvorl, I'm sure on the mud a few decades have passed. How much time has passed RP-wise? Is there some sort of Time Line you guys follow?

Just something that's been bugging me. *grin* I try not to mention time in my RP Posts because of it, but the er.. time has come to change that a little.

Thanks. :-)
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:50 pm

We've discussed it...

Overall, we aim the passage of time within campaigns to be on an RL basis. Conversations can span days, even weeks via mud time - I don't know about some of our players, but I'm just not chatty enough to talk for a week. :P

In between campaigns, time is more flexible. The upcoming changes will have taken probably a few years, instead of a few months, and in part they'll be presumed to 'have always been.'

Without a universal timeline, though, we're probably all on separate time. Characters can go from novices to masters in a week, so perception of self will be different from the player who takes several years to reach the same level.

So - probably a few years have passed since the Vile One, Auzorm'tvorl, was destroyed. :)
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:19 pm

Thank you Auril! That clears things up lots. :-)

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”