Geomancers, Geography Lessons, and Great Grandma Oh My!

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

Geomancers, Geography Lessons, and Great Grandma Oh My!

Postby Lilira » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:31 pm

I had spent a few days in Waterdeep, waiting to see if perhaps there were any messages for me at the Dead Orc, which there weren’t, visiting a couple of friends, bumping into some folk I had traveled with in the past, and reprovisioning. I received a message that a young cleric was looking for me, wishing to ask me questions about the monoliths. I sent him a message in return telling him to meet me in the huge oak tree in the grassy meadow towards the east of Waterdeep. It was nice, quiet and peaceful, the perfect place to answer questions without being interrupted.

He arrived, clambering up the tree, and introduced himself as Espre, a servant of Khelemvor. We chatted about the monoliths for a bit. He told me he had a dream, and in the dream the monoliths appeared. My name was given to him, hence his reason for seeking me out. I summed up the events of several years as I knew them into as short a summary as possible, then directed him to the writings of Master Gurns and others for more detail.

A strange bolt of lightning tore across the sky, and we went to investigate. Finding nothing at first I was leading us back to the tree when my companion began asking questions.

“Is there a temple to lightning? Or a lightning God?” Espre mused. “The High Priests of the lord of the dead were not very instructive in the complete pantheon, mainly we focused on the rites involving the dead and dying.” Something was tickling the back of my mind when he mentioned this. I knew the answer, I just had to think on it a moment. “So I sadly do not know the significance of lightning..” Espre kept explaining.

“Lightning… Chaos,” I muttered under my breath, my feet still directing us to Waterdeep. Then it hit me, well, like a bolt of lighting. “Talos!” Espre snapped his fingers and nodded.

“Where do the worshippers of Talos congregate? Maybe we can learn something there..” Espre suggested.

“I'm drawing a blank. I know of no such places devoted to Talos. I rarely pay attention to those who follow deities.” I frowned in thought, memories of places I’d wandered flitting through my mind. I muttered to myself, “Let me think… there’s a temple in Baulder’s Gate, but that’s to Umberlee…”

“Aye, the Wonderlord also has his followers in residence at the Gate.” Espre’s eyes lit on a hawk that had fluttered in and perched on the tree’s branches above us. He frowned as the hawk flew east. He followed it and it returned to the branch over my head. “That hawk moves around a lot...”

I’d seen odder things in my time upon the road, so I shrugged and followed it. It lead us back to the road and to the turning point in the road east of Waterdeep then soared high and headed to the south and west. I had the feeling it wanted us to head south of Waterdeep. I quickly ran us through the town, Espre peppering me with questions as we went, me trying to answer them, but caught up in a sense of urgency I sped us to the south gates. Leaving Espre to create a diversion, I picked the gates, grabbed his arm and pulled him through before the guards noticed it was unlocked. Feeling a pull to the south, I began a traveling song and jogged down the trail, Espre in tow.

South on the trade road, we took care of a pesky hill giant convinced barbeque bard washed down with cleric stew would be a tasty treat (thankfully he was a slow one), and passed several merchants and their burdens heading north. In my haste, I ran us into the entrance to the Trollbark forest. Mistress Cleona smiled when she saw us, I returned her smile and apologized for the intrusion, telling her we were just passing through.

We reached where the Trade Way and Coast way intersected, and I stopped suddenly. Before us was an elf. His long sandy-brown hair was held back snugly by a ring of blue-grey stone. He was dressed in simple light brown pants and tunic, and the pockets in his tunic seemed to be weighed down with something. His feet were bare and occasionally he wiggled his toes in the dirt. He casually loitered as if waiting for something. Despite my bitterness towards elves, mother did teach me manners, so I curtsied politely. He returned my curtsy with a very formal bow. The scent of loam and precious metals wafted through the air towards us as he moved.

Espre was quietly puzzling about the elf. Something was tickling my brain… For the second time this night some of Gurns’s stories were flickering through my mind. There was something odd about this elf. I certainly hadn’t seen any running around the mainland barefoot.

“Greetings sir,” I said courteously.

“He looks tough,” Espre whispered to me. I flashed him a grin.

“Greetings, child of the land,” the elf replied. All the pieces of the puzzle fell into place with that one phrase, this was Gurns’s friend the geomancer, Zhoanest I think.

“I have heard tales of you, but not have had the honor of a meeting.” I wondered if this meeting was what the hawk had been trying to guide us to. He nodded at me and wiggled his toes in the dust.

“Have you seen a hawk flying the skies near this place, sir Elf?” the cleric asked.

The geomancer nodded. “She has been very preoccupied, and things have been - awkward, so they say.”

“She?” I had to ask. It might be obvious to some, but I like to make sure I have my facts straight. For all I know, he could have been referring to the hawk.

“Yes, who is she?” “Who would "She" be sir?” the cleric and I asked at the same time. I grinned at him when he snapped.

“She is the Land, upon which you walk, upon which you grow your food and make your homes. Her name, in the common language, is Faerun.”

“Of course, the Earth Mother...” Espre said, “Whose name is Faerun!”

“Ah yes. Faerun,” I murmured. I had only heard that name a handful of times to be honest. I’d really never thought about it.

The geomancer bowed deeply.

“She has revealed the Stones again, and yet it is not enough,” he continued. I raised my eyebrow questioningly.

“Why has Faerun been preoccupied?” Espre asked.

Interrupting, I fought a stammer and asked, “The stones have returned?”

The poor elf shook his head in confusion as our questions were fired like crossbow bolts. Finally he nodded at me, causing me to gasp with astonishment.

“The stones ...” mused the cleric for a moment, “The monoliths? My dreams!”
He gasped as well.

“Well Espre, you wished to know of them,” I said quietly, frowning.

“She speaks to me of a child, yet one I cannot comprehend. It's not the price-child...” continued the elf. I stared at him blankly, not understanding his words. He shook his head in negation. Then regarding the human, he asked, “You speak of dreams?”

“The Frostmaiden spoke to me in dreams of "monoliths" and the name Lilira,” he told the elf. I shrugged slightly. “I have sought out this... Lilira,” he finished, indicating me. “Then a great shaft of lightning rent the air.”

“Then you must seek out the monoliths as well.”

Oddly enough, with the confirmation of their return I had figured that out. Apparently I’m not the only one with a gift for stating the obvious. Oh and we just happened to be relatively close to one. Wasn’t that a coincidence? I hope. I get nervous when gods start playing with things.

“Seek them out?” Espre was asking,”But Faerun is so large, where shall we start?'

“There is one close,” I said against my will. Visions of the metallic creatures I had encountered the last time I had visited that place haunted me for a moment. I blinked and focused on the cleric. “A little further south, in the troll hills.” Zhoanest nodded at me.

Espre shuddered. “I have heard tales of woe about the Troll Hills.”

The geomancer told us, “I know the way.”

“Would you lead us?” I asked. I know generally where it was, but I usually find it by sheer luck. He nodded.

“Er… The last time I visited that monolith… It was guarded by something. I do hope that with the... destruction of the Vile One, that guardian is gone?” I asked nervously, but the elf had already left.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I once more started my song and we traveled south to the Troll Hills. I paused for a moment at the edge of the hills, stopped singing and enshrouded my companion and me in invisibility to avoid the worst of the problems in our path.

“Lilira, I sense evil to the east!” Espre said quietly. I saw the giant skeleton he referred to.

“We can avoid it,” I replied. I almost chuckled at the cleric trying to sneak through the hills past the trolls. The ground changed into swamp, and the mud sucked at our boots as we made our way deeper into the black swamp, following the geomancer.

Finally we reached our goal. The massive obsidian slab was there, just where it had been the last time my feet had brought me this way in the company of a certain ranger and enchantress. How I hated that obsidian rock. I peered around nervously, watching for a glimmer of metal while the cleric pondered the monolith. Bowing to the inevitable, for I had to be certain, I approached the monolith and touched it. As before I was dragged into the nightmare of visions it imparted. I snapped out of the monolith induced trance with a shudder.

While Esme communed with the monolith, I met the gaze of the geomancer.

“They have returned, but they don't solve the puzzle She carries.”

I shook my head. This place, the memories, the monolith, it had all served to unnerve me. I had to leave. I bid farewell to the cleric, trusting the elf could show him how to leave safely, and fled back to Waterdeep.

Soldiers aren’t the only ones that carry battle-scars.

Author's note: I had to leave this one early, hence the somewhat dramatic exit. Besides, it gives me an excuse for the next bit. - Lilira
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:54 pm

The next day found me wandering the docks in Waterdeep. A sea voyage seemed like a thing to do. I could sail to the Moonshaes, explore the islands, get some fresh air, and perhaps find something new. Going with my impulse, I purchased a ticket immediately and boarded the ship that was due to leave that evening.

The trip was uneventful. I spent the time amusing the crew with my songs while they worked. Some of them taught me a few sea shanties I hadn’t heard, and I had them all laughing at the blushes some of the more ribald lyrics brought to my cheeks.

We reached the Port of Caer Corwell, the flags of King Byron Kendrick flapping in the calm sea breeze. I disembarked the ship and to my surprise Zhoanest was waiting.

“Greetings, child,” he told me.

I used manners to cover my surprise. “Greetings,” I curtsied before him.

“It's a nice day today.”

Feeling slightly embarrassed for my behavior a few days prior, I apologized. “Please pardon for my abrupt departure when last we met.”

The geomancer Zhoanest sighs loudly, then nodded. “Perhaps it was for the best.” I gave him a puzzled look. “The child of man felt it important to educate me about how the real gods are.”

“Ah. Yes, well...” I stammered, not sure how to respond. “Many clerics I have met are similar.”

“They live such a short time, they must focus rather narrow-mindedly,” he told me.

I couldn’t help it. I flashed him a wicked grin. “I guess everyone must have some calling.”

“Yes. No matter how peculiar” he replied, smiling. He wiggled his toes in the dust and frowned, toying with a rock. “A child, the way these rocks are, but much more important...” He shook his head with a puzzled expression.

I pondered his words a moment, before adding my own. “Well wouldn't rocks be children of the earth, as they come from the earth?”

He nodded before continuing. “She is more clear than She had been, but I still cannot fathom the intricacies. I suspect She is still confused as well.'

“She seeks a child, wounded from within. It feels much like poisoning.”

“Unfortunately sir, there are many who can claim that description,” I had to point out.

Zhoanest nodded. “It is Her child, however. Those of us who tread upon her surface are not regarded as such.”

I frowned in puzzlement. “Good sir, you speak in riddles.”

“As does She,” came the response. Trying to sort through his words, I rummaged into my bag and pulled out a cookie. I munched on it thoughtfully.

“Shall I tell you a story, child?” he asked, interrupting my thoughts.

Seeking more insight to this odd man, I eagerly agreed. “I always welcome a good story sir, tis a way to spread knowledge.” I sat down and listened intently. He nodded and began his tale.

“There was a man, a holder of many secrets, who was given a puzzle.”

“This puzzle was peculiar, speaking of feelings foreign to him, sensations he could never bear.”

“And yet, the bringer of the puzzle could not have felt them either.”

“Together they debated the nuances, and ultimately he set out to widen his experiences, that he might learn the answer.”

“Step by step, he has sought the key to the challenge, and dutifully reported back for more discussion.”

“So far, the man has learned that there are many who grow too excited to recall the details he has chosen to impart concerning his mission.”

The geomancer grinned ruefully, and sat down. I pondered his words. Could he be speaking of himself? But what did it mean?

Zhoanest placed his hands upon the road, caressingly, and nodded. “This is one of her children,” he said, patting the ground.

"Ahh the islands?" I asked. All these riddles. Can't anyone just tell me something straight? Elves may live forever, but I sure won't, especially if I can't keep myself out of trouble.

"She will not confirm - She has grown almost agitated with the revelation," his face bearing a serious, almost sad expression.

"Children,, islands.. poison.." I muttered quietly to myself.

"Something is damaging one of Her children, and has been for quite some time. It was slow and insidious, but finally enough for Her to notice despite all events going on," he continued.

“One of the lands?”

“I believe so.”

How odd. “Poison caused by the actions of people or carelessness?”

“I do not know yet. Perhaps, when this excitement has passed, She will have more information.” He sighed loudly.

I frowned. “Will it wait that long?”

“I hope so.”

"Is there something I can do to help? I know of those who can heal the earth," I offered.

'I will continue my journeys to seek the wounded child, and hope that I am sensitive enough to Her that I can recognize it. If they could look for the wounds, it might help a great deal. Even being able to eliminate options would be of benefit."

"Um.. there is a lot of well.. territory. Is there anyway to determine a closer area to look in?" Nothing like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Patting the ground again, he told me, 'This child seems alive and content, I can tell that much.'

I nodded, “So not here?”

The geomancer nodded.

“I will ask some of the healers I know to check the island of the elves,” I assured him.

He nodded. “That is an important place to investigate.” Then he asked, “Bardess, where do your contacts lie?”

“They roam, as do I,” I told him. “I have ways to get in touch with one named Sotana.” Again he nodded. “She is familiar with the elven isle, where I have only been once.”

“Do you tend to stray in these parts, on this side of the ocean?” What could I tell him? This trip was an odd coincidence. I’ve had my reasons for staying away from the elves. The time was coming, and that would have to change. I’d get around to it eventually.

“Very rarely,” I told him truthfully.

“I could investigate islands far to the east and south, and have you see what your sources can find in these general areas. More could be discovered that way.”

“I can wander this place well enough,” I offered.

“The side of Her which is yet in darkness might bear the wounded child. I shall seek there, as it is distant for you.” The description confused me. Islands that lie in perpetual darkness? How odd. “It's distant for me as well, but I have Her aid in movement,” he continued smiling somewhat humorlessly.

“I'm afraid I'm confused by your description sir,” I mumbled, blushing. He nodded understandingly.

“She is massive, so large that it is difficult to understand that She is a sphere.” A sphere? I hadn’t really thought about it. I mean I get on a road and start walking and I eventually arrive. “There are children - islands - on Her far side which I suspect you've not seen.” I shook my head. Some day I’d have to figure out how to get over there.

“My wanderings have kept me mostly to the main land. I have been from the deserts of Calimshan to the mountains far to the north. Very rarely have I traveled to the islands.” I’ve wandered a couple of the planes as well, but I really didn’t think that was what we were talking about here.

“I shall begin there - where the sun does not yet shine, but soon it shall. They are lands much like what you know, yet different.” I nodded, my agreement. Then he asked, “When shall we meet, Bardess, to discuss our findings?” He stood, and graciously offered me a hand up. I liked this elf. He didn’t hold my heritage against me.

I accepted his hand, and gracefully rose to my feet. He beamed a wide smile at me. “3 nights hence. With the aid of my song, I can travel quickly.”

“At eight bells - will that suffice? You need not worry about travel. I can reach you where you may be, as long as you are upon Her surface.” What a magnificent thing!

“Certainly.”

He nodded. “I shall depart, and meet you then.”

Quickly, before he left, I asked, “Would I be permitted to have the druidess Sotana with me as well to report her findings?”

He nodded. “Any who you wish to have present may be present.”

I murmured a “thank you,” and curtsied before him in farewell. “Safe travels to you sir.”

He bowed to me in return, “And to you, Bardess.”

Slowly the ground trembled, arms stretched up from the earth itself. Carefully they enfolded the geomancer Zhoanest, rising up until the elf man was hidden from view. With a crash, the pillar abruptly fell back to the ground, leaving no trace of the geomancer.

“Well. That was interesting,” I said to the air.

Before I started my travels, I wanted to organize my thoughts. I needed to send a message to Sotana, but I wanted to ensure my thoughts were collected before she found me. That woman asked so many questions.

I sat on the edge of the dock and thought over what the geomancer and I had discussed. After I had been sitting there for a while, there was a tap on my shoulder. I looked up startled and a small message was pressed into my hand by a passing elf. Unrolling it, I read:

Child, it is time for us to meet. Come to one of our ancestral
homes in the northwestern quadrant of the city. You will not be
harmed.

Signed,
Lady Lysiana Silverdew, House L'thelias

I felt the blood drain out of my face. I had gotten too close, and stayed at the dock too long. She had gotten word I was here. I scrambled to my feet, and reached into my pouch pulling out the little cocoon Sotana had given me. The druid had promised her company when the time came to meet my great grandmother. I only hoped she would get here in time.

As I had done once before, I cupped the ruby colored orb in my hands and breathed on it. I felt it move in my hand, and with a fascination that would never cease, I watched as a tiny scarlet colored moth emerged from the cocoon, sat on my palm for a moment fanning its wings to start the blood flow into them, then take flight.

I loitered on the docks for a few hours waiting, before walking with shaking legs and lead filled stomach along the beach and up the trail that would take me to Chrysalis, and the elfgate there that would transport me to Leuthilspar.

Author's Note: There is more to come. RPQ did such a splendid job with Great-Grandma that I'm taking my time on that post. I'm sure you'll appreciate it when you read it. Thanks! - Lil
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:56 pm

Disappointed by our lack of progress with getting into the Chamber of Travelling, yet glowing with my success at locating it, I set off the next day, breaking camp where I’d been staying in the Chamber, and wandering the woods of Evermeet seeking a place that was “poisoned”. After all, I only had one more day before I was to meet with Zhoanest, and thought it best to have _some_ kind of information to give him at that meeting. Sotana and I had spoken about likely locations, and she had mentioned a “dead wood”. I had no idea where it was, and there wasn’t anyone I knew who could point me in the right direction. I fumbled my way back to the main road that wanders through the woods west of Leuthilspar and kept going. After trudging along that road for what seemed like forever, I saw an elf setting what appeared to be snares. I wondered whether I should bother him, but he met my gaze.

I nodded in greeting, and he returned it. I screwed up my courage and told him “Hello. Would you have a moment sir?” He nodded again. “I seek a place on the isle that may be suffering. The land itself. Have you come across anything like that in your wanderings?”

“Perhaps...” he replied, looking at the trees, with an odd expression upon his face. “They don't seem the same these days.”

I raised my eyebrow in a silent question. “If you could point me in the direction, I would be greatly appreciative.”

“They're all around you,” pointed out the elf. Alright, I missed the literalness of his words somewhere. I’m not used to talking to elves on their home land, and I’ve noticed some of them tend to be inscrutable, perhaps out of habit. Then again, I’d run across that trait on the mainland as well.

“Many pardons, I am newly come to the shores of the isle,” I apologized; thinking to myself what may be obvious to him sure wasn’t to me, and hoping he’d keep answering questions.

“Most half-breeds are,” was the wry response.

“Does it seem centralized anywhere?” I asked, ignoring the jab.

“If it was, it'd look it, wouldn't it? But there's that forest that got decimated in a magical battle years back...” he replied, regarding a leaf with serious intent.

Hmmm, magical battle. Well, such things had been known to damage the area where they occurred. It would be a good place to start anyway. “Would you point me in that direction?” The elf waved vaguely westerly, continuing to focus on the leaf. “Thank you. Good luck with your snares.” He gave a nod which I returned.

“I'd best get word of this back...” he said softly, disappearing into the trees. How do they do that? I can’t even hide in shadows reliably when I’m trying to, yet these elves melt into the forest like they were part of it.

I continued along the path westward, matching my stride to the sound of a woodpecker looking for its food. I was out of hearing range rather quickly. I passed the occasional creature on the road, and found myself standing in the middle of a lush, green glade. Not finding a path, I stumbled around for a bit, getting turned around over and over. There were so many trees! At least in a city, the buildings are different! One tree looks the same to me I’m sad to say. After bumbling my way around, I found an elf who appeared to be a guardian of some sort. He was slender and agile and like most elves, seemed at home in the woods. He wielded a longsword of elven design, and its keen edge made me think that anyone who tangled with him would be foolish. He murmured under his breath as I stood there, and became surrounded by a shimmering globe.

I gave him a cheerful smile. He nodded to me in acknowledgement. I decided to push it and see if he’d talk to me. I started with shop talk.

“Has the area been peaceful good sir?”

“No, it has not,” he replied seriously.

I raised an eyebrow questioningly. “Oh? Are there dangers I should be alert for?”

“Not too long ago, our Elder was - was destroyed. Signs show that it was one of our kindred who did the deed.” Sotana had told me something about this. “Trust no one - and be certain that you will be watched closely, outlander.”

I nodded my acceptance of his words. It only made sense after such a loss to watch the strangers closely. Now that I had his attention, I asked the real question. “I seek a place where there was a magical battle?”

He snorted lewdly. “The elder's own home, the cave where that foreigner was, the damaged glade, take your pick.” I frowned. I hadn’t thought there were so many places. He made a brief gesture toward some bushes, before returning his attention to me.

“Oh.” I was deflated for a moment, then realized the need to be more specific. “I'm seeking a place where the land was damaged. It seemed most likely to me such would be a place where magic had damaged the land.”

“Another treasure hunter, are you? After Windsong, like so many others.” He snorted again, this time the disdain he held quite clear. I had no idea what Windsong was, but I certainly wasn’t looking for treasure.

“No,” I told him in an even tone. It wouldn’t do to anger him. “I seek no treasure.” That seemed to reassure him a little, but I knew I would still be closely watched.

“West, look for the lost trees, and a bit south too.” I nodded in acknowledgement, and told him thank you, curtseying politely, before heading in the direction he indicated. Deciding discretion was the better part of valor; I once more summoned a cloak of invisibility to surround me and roamed the glades until I found an area that fit the description.

Filled with trepidation, I entered the dead grove. In its center, I found an odd looking oak tree. It almost looked like an elven male, and was the only living tree in the grove. A large hollow stump was next to it. It captured my attention for a few moments, but I had to continue searching.

Heading in a southerly direction, I found myself in an area of the forest that filled me with dread. A black mist hovered over my head through the trees and my spirit quailed with the feel of impending doom that pervaded this area. The ground looked as though it hadn’t seen rain in many months, and the only sounds I heard were those of creatures screaming in pain, to have it cut off suddenly. The bark was peeling off the trunks of the dead trees. Even my city-born heart wanted to weep in sympathy for the devastation. It was a similar feeling to what I have every time I see Bloodstone Keep.

Several creatures sniffed curiously at me as I passed, smelling me but unable to see me due to my invisible state. Hidden by the trees, I didn’t see the mountain until I stumbled over a huge cave. Something tickled in the back of my mind, something about a cave on Evermeet that had housed a servant of the Dark Sun. Sotana had told me of her trip with Lorsalian and Azelrus and their meeting with the two unknown individuals. I took a deep breath, and entered the cave, slipping past the monstrous bear creature that was sniffing around outside it. I explored the tunnels, slipping past the monsters that inhabited it. Finally I reached an enormous chamber.

This large chamber looked like a study of some sort. Many wooden bookshelves lined the sides of the stone walls, holding countless numbers of books. A large wooden table was in the center of the room, with a large, crystal orb which shed light into the room hanging just three feet above it. There was an aura of evil that emanated from this chamber, giving me the feeling of swimming through an icy lake. I shivered. My stomach flipped nervously, and my head began to throb from the feeling of oppression here. If anything I’d yet seen could be described as “poisoned”, this place was it. I was feeling ill just standing there. I poked around as long as I could, feeling worse the longer I stayed. When I could stand it no longer, I fled out of the cave and fumbled my way out of the dead forest and into the glades.

I stood there gulping the fresh air for a moment, trying to purge the frozen feeling out of my spirit. A cooshie approached me and licked my hand as I stood there shivering in the warm glade. Feeling, better I grinned at him, spending some time playing. I finished with a scratch on his back and pat on his head, murmuring “Stay outta there puppy. Its _not_ a nice place. Off to find more trouble to get into puppy!” A final pat and I headed back into the glades, putting distance between myself and that grove. My playtime with the dog had lifted my spirits somewhat. I stayed on the path this time. I came around some trees and a centaur stood in the path. I had heard tales of their ability to speak, as well as their ties to nature. I decided to give it a try.

I nodded to him in greeting, choosing my words carefully. He nodded in return and danced nervously.

“Good day sir.” He looked up at the sky, considering my words. To my surprise it was evening. I had been wandering all day. “Well. Evening anyway.”

A large buck walked in, and the centaur rested a hand upon the buck's shoulder. “Perhaps,” Was his careful response. This would take all night at this rate. I decided to start my questions, then I’d only have to wait for his responses. The buck wandered off.

“I seek a place where the land may be damaged or poisoned. I have explored the dead forest, and found a cave there that gave me a very unpleasant feeling.” I shuddered in memory.

He looked at me for a long time, before asking, “Why?”

Ugh, one word questions. “Why do I seek a place, or why did the cave unsettle me...”

“Seeking.”

“I am attempting to aid an elf known by some as the Geomancer,” I told him truthfully. After all, Zhoanest was an elf. Perhaps he was well known to the woodland creatures as well.

“Why?” Not much of a conversationalist this creature, but he got his point across. I felt like I was talking to one of the children I entertain on occasion. Why, why, why…

“He feels the unease in one of the "children" of Faerun, though he is not certain which one.”

“How?” Alright… I was a little frustrated by now. My answer probably wasn’t the best, but I didn’t know how Zhoanest did it, he just did!

“How do you run through the woods? Tis something he does.” I replied. While we were speaking, a large magnificent buck wandered onto the path again. The centaur nodded at it, and to my surprise, it nodded back before leaving. It returned a moment later, with a male elf in tow, who looked at me in some surprise. He looked over his shoulder briefly, nervously. For some reason, that spot between my shoulder blades got a little itchy. I had the feeling I was being watched particularly closely. I schooled my expression and body language into a relaxed state.

“Problem?” I asked the elf. The centaur wandered off.

“Uh... no. No, no problem, why?” asked the elf.

“You look nervous,” I pointed out. I gave him a smile in an attempt to put him at ease. Just a harmless little half-breed bard here, nothing to fear…

“They said you don't look too suspicious. But - wouldn't you be nervous?” He shifted again.

“Good point.” I acknowledged. “I'm only here trying to find something.” He nodded, and I made a point of openly slipping the peace tie over my blades.

“They do a lot of that,” he mentioned. I suppose he was referring to other adventurers who wandered through on occasion.

“Well, I'm not here for treasure or anything.” Once more I reassured him.

He looked at me appraisingly before asking pointedly, “Then what ARE you here for?” I had explained this so many times today, it was tripping off the tongue easily.

“I'm searching for a place where the land is ill, or damaged.” The elf snorted. I ignored it, continuing, “A deep illness. Not something that nature will recover from on its own.”

“That mage half destroyed the forest when he battled Thellas. His taint still lingers.” Who in the world was Thellas? I’ll poke into that later; I was finally getting answers that didn’t involve some elf staring into space for five marks before answering.

“Does it worsen?” I had to ask. Zhoanest had mentioned something about it being a slow poison, so it stood to reason it would get worse as it goes.

The elf pondered my question for a moment, before answering. “No, not worsen... but that mage entertained so many fiends, brought in people to kidnap ours, regularly attacked our - our lost Elder...” his composure faltered. I knew of this attack, from Sotana’s tale, but I did not know this elf had hailed from there. Was I even close that that place?

“My condolences on the loss of your Elder,” I told him in an effort to comfort. He nodded.

“We did what we could for - what was left of him.”

I pondered his words. Sotana had described the state of the Elder’s body with a slight look of revulsion on her face when telling me about her encounter with Lorsalian, something about a perfectly preserved skeleton with the symbol of Cyric branded on the skull. I wondered… “I mean no disrespect when I ask this... what became of his remains?'

“They were brought to the trees, as is our way. And when they were not accepted, we wrapped them in his favorite blanket and brought them to the Queen.” The elf almost seemed surprised I would ask this.

I chewed thoughtfully on my lip for a moment. “I wonder...” The servant of Cyric had been on the isle for years I guessed. I was vague on that part. But, that cave… What if… “Do you know what she erm.. did with them?” He shook his head. My mind spinning in a thousand circles, I gave him a distracted nod. I forced myself to regard him again. The niceties must be observed and his words had helped greatly.

“Thank you very much for your time,” I said, curtsying politely.

“So much pain, for so long...” he said, his voice edged with grief. He sighed.

Something pulled inside me. Elves live so long. Do they carry their emotions longer than the rest of us? I was of mixed decent and I knew my life would not span forever, though I would live longer than most of the humans I knew without magical aid. The death of my mother was still a constant, throbbing ache, while most humans may feel sadness at the loss of a loved one, it eventually eased. Perhaps the longer you live, the longer you mourn the deaths of those you love who did not. This opened a door of thought to my elven heritage I had never considered before.

“I'm so sorry,” I told him, my eyes burning in sympathy. He looked at me a moment.

“Seek the living forests, purge your sorrows.”

His words surprised me. “The living forests?” What in the world was he talking about?

He waved his hand, gesturing at the trees nearby and to the north. I nodded, my cheeks burning with a blush. Boy did I feel foolish.

“I hale from the mainland. My ignorance of forests embarrasses me at times. I must take my leave now. Thank you for your help.”

“Let them wash your wounds, child.” Why did everyone insist on calling me child? I have been wandering the roads of Faerun for fifty years now. While that might be a hiccough in time for an elf, it was still experience. I let it pass without comment, like a good bard. “I seek their balm, again. Goodnight,” he said in farewell before fading into the tree-line.

My mind working furiously, I hardly paid attention to where I was headed.

“What if the body of the elder was buried somewhere, and what was done to profane it is now eating at the land...” I muttered under my breath. That couldn’t be right. Surely the Queen would have known better. “Stupid bard... There’s something you’re missing.” I cursed softly under my breath. I could hardly walk up to the palace, knock on the gates and say “Hi, can I talk to the Queen? I need to know what she did with the body of the Elder of Larallyn.”

I would have to think further and report all I had found to Zhoanest. For all I knew, it could have nothing to do with the corpse, and everything with that cave. For now, I had to concern myself with getting back to Leuthilspar.

I stopped dead in the middle of the path. Where in the world was I this time? I looked up to see platforms in the trees. Was this Larallyn? I was lost yet again.

I backed up and retraced my steps to the glades, looking for the way back to Leuthilspar. I had messages to send; as there were two people in particular I wanted at that meeting with Zhoanest. I also held the hope that Sotana would be able to make it.

“Too many trees,” I muttered under my breath, finally finding the road that would take me back to Leuthilspar.

Author's Note: Sorry if this seems a little disjointed. I'm trying to keep subject matters connected, even though the threads kinda weave together. All the "poison" posts are under here, and the "Chamber of Travelling" posts will be under "Waves". - Lil
Lilira
Sojourner

OOOOOOhhhhhhhhh this is longish.

Postby Lilira » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:11 pm

I had returned to the inn in Leuthilspar, scribbled out some messages and went looking for someone to deliver them. It wasn’t too difficult. I sent it with someone who would be heading through the elfgate before myself, with a small pouch of gold as thanks, and a way to pay some children in Waterdeep to deliver them. Then I went into my room at the inn and fell into bed, it being quite late in the morning.

I awoke disoriented. The play of light on my wall showed it to be very late in the day. With a muttered curse, I dashed around getting ready. I was a mess. Using liberal amounts of water and soap, I pulled myself into decent order and dashed out the door, jogging for the elfgate and jumping through. This time I managed to remain standing, looking calm and collected when I materialized in the clearing.

Lorsalian, and the human I presumed was Azelrus, were already there.

“Did you recieve a letter too, Azelrus?” the ranger asked the human, confirming my presumption. She saw my entrance and peered at me.

“Greetings,” I told them and curtsied. The cleric stood up and nodded.

“Ah, our hostess,” Lorsalian said by way of greeting. He returned his weapons to their scabbards.

“More cloak and shadow nonsense, it seems,” Azelrus muttered bitterly. What a cheerful person this cleric seemed to be.

“My apologies for my delay, I had planned on being here sooner,” ignoring the jibe. I really had wanted to be early, so I could explain a little beforehand. Ah well. She looked at me appraisingly.

Lorsalian continued talking to Azelrus as though I hadn’t spoken. “It wasn't I who sent this, although given the attendance, I fear you are correct.” Gee. How nice to be loved, and to think, he’d only met me twice. Admittedly the first time I’m sure wasn’t the best impression. The second time I thought I made up for it!

“I hope you weren't expecting me to be dressed for battle...” Azelrus grumbled. I didn’t have the time to explain that I was dressed in my armor because I had passed out asleep in it. Suddenly we weren’t alone.

The ground before us shivered, small pebbles tumbling in rippling waves. Slowly a pillar rose up from the earth, with an eerie scraping sound. For a heartbeat the pillar remained motionless - then it seemed to melt, running back down to where it had been, revealing its passenger.

Lorsalian chuckled, "Rhoanadun would be proud to see you so unconfused, my friend," as Azelrus and I curtsied before the geomancer. Azelrus snickered softly at Lorsalian.

“Greetings Sir,” I said to the geomancer, who bowed in greeting. I frowned a moment, wondering where Sotana and Ashiwi had gotten to.

Lorsalian smiled at Zhoanest. "Wow ... I hadn't expected to see you again so soon, Zhoanest. No offense, of course."

“I had not thought to see you either,” Zhoanest said to Lorsalian. I had missed something somewhere, but I smiled in relief. I wouldn’t have to introduce them.

“Good, you've met,” I stated. Lorsalian nodded, rubbing his arm absently. I began to organize my thoughts while the cleric and the geomancer stared at each other for a moment. Lorsalian grinned at Azelrus.

“Well, there were two others I had hoped would be here. Something must be delaying them,” I began.

“Do you wish to wait, child?” Zhoanest asked me. I sighed softly.

Lorsalian interjected, “I received a message from a mutual druidess that she would be later than she wished.”

“Ah.”

Azelrus threw a look at Lorsalian. “You mean...” she asked, frowning.

“Yes, the druidess you accuse of nearly getting you killed, Azelrus, though it was nothing of the sort,” responded the ranger to the unfinished question.

“No sir. I believe the information I have retrieved is important enough to continue without them,” I responded to the elf, while Azelrus rolled her eyes at Lorsalian. I raised an eyebrow. Apparently I had missed something.

“Hmm. I had not heard that part of the tale,” I murmured.

“It is a tale for another time, Lilira,” the ranger stated. I shrugged. There was business to attend to first.

“Of course, THIS elf doesn’t seem like he isn't ready to kill us for saying the wrong thing, so…” the cleric continued, and smiled at Zhoanest, who was wiggling his toes in the grass. “er…” Is this impatience that was starting to creep up on me how everyone else feels when I won’t hush and get down to business? At least I have the excuse of being a bard. Thankfully, Lorsalian interjected before something foolish popped out of my mouth.

“We can't keep Zhoanest waiting. I don't think he has Faerun's patience,” the ranger pointed out.

“Master Zhoanest, did you find what you were seeking?” If he had that would merely knock all my conjecture out the window.

“No, not yet. There are more places to search, however. She has not been more clear,” Zhoanest told us. Lorsalian raised an eyebrow silently questioning. Azelrus once more began firing off questions again.

“Who hasn't been clear, Master Zhoanest? I fear that I have been kept out of the loop...” she objected, looking at myself and Lorsalian for answers.

“I apologize for that Azelrus,” I told her, “I did mean to make it earlier.”

“The land which you call Faerun,” came the response from Zhoanest. Azelrus flicked her eyebrow up once more.

“I found out some information sir. I'm not quite certain it would have anything to do with what we seek, but in the time allowed, it was the best I could come up with,” I plowed ahead. If the cleric would listen, she would learn eventually what this meeting was about. Zhoanest looked around and found a spot to his liking to sit in.

I paced for a moment to reorder my thoughts once more, as Lorsalian pulled out his bow and sat down. Azelrus kept tossing sideways glances at Zhoanest.

“Master Zhoanest, what exactly is going on?” demanded the woman.

Addressing Zhoanest, I kept going. “You asked me to search for places that may be poisoned.” He nodded at me. Lorsalian’s face showed shock which quickly changed to interest, but instead of interrupting, he listened. “Azelrus, please listen. What you don't pick up from my tale, I will be happy to fill in for you later.” I needed to work on my patience it seems, but it’s hard to get the rhythm of a tale if it keeps being interrupted, and this is one I had not performed before.

Zhoanest, perhaps taking pity on me, asked, “Would you like to speak with your companions about the task you've undertaken, Bardess?” Azelrus smiled at the elf.

Inwardly I groaned, but a bard must do what a bard must do. “If you have the time sir.”

“She has not grown more anxious than She has been already. We probably have time.”

I nodded in response. “Okay.” Taking a deep breath and attempting to ignore the fact that Azelrus was staring at me again, I began my tale.

“I met Master Zhoanest in the Moonshaes three days ago. He told me that Faerun is... distressed, anxious about one of her children.”

“Children?” Lorsalian asked.

“One of the islands is ill. Poisoned?” I looked over at Zhoanest for confirmation, and he nodded. I smiled at him, relaxing a little. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Azelrus bite her lip. ”The Islands are considered her children.”

Lorsalian pondered my words as I continued.

“He asked if I would aid him in seeking out which of the children was ill.”

Once more, Azelrus interrupted. “So...what does this have to do with me? You said it may relate to something I know about.” Never before had I felt more elven, irritated by the lack of patience in the humans. Then I felt ashamed. It’s not her fault she’s young. The geomancer looked at Azelrus.

“Patience young one,” I rebuked her gently, then continued. “I told him I knew some healers of the land and I would attempt to contact Sotana to search the elven isle, while I looked on the Moonshaes.”

“May ... don't trust to luck that you don't offend,” Lorsalian murmured to Azelrus, snickering. She rolled her eyes at him. My eyebrow raised in an attempt to bring control back to the conversation.

Just that moment, swirling mists appeared signaling the arrival of Sotana. I smiled at her, giving her a hug, while Azelrus frowned and stared at the druid.

“I apologize for my lateness,” the druid murmured to me. She put her scimitar away, and sat down in a comfortable spot.

“Tana. Thank you for coming,” I told her with perhaps a slight edge of desperation. Zhoanest rose to his feet and bowed in greeting to Sotana, before once more making himself comfortable. Lorsalian reached over and whispered something to Sotana that had a flush rise in her cheeks.

“It's alright, druidess...this elf seems much more forgiving,” came the sarcastic comment from the cleric, who smirked at the druid. I definitely would have to find out more about this later. I frowned at the cleric, and continued my story.

”Well,, events otherwise dictated that I continue on to the elven isle. I was contacted by Lady Lysiana Silverdew asked to meet her. After our meeting, it was only sensible to remain on the isle and look for the "poisoned" area myself.”

“Sotana and I did some searching, but she was called away to attend to other matters.” I smiled at Sotana, who nodded at my words. “I continued on my own, blundering my way through the forest talking to any creature who would answer me. I met an elf.”

“Which isle were you on then? Not THE Isle?” Lorsalian interrupted. I supposed I hadn’t been clear.

“Evermeet,” I answered shortly. I wished to keep the meeting between my great grandmother and myself private for now. I had to touch on her some, but they had no reason to know my relation to the elven woman.

Lorsalian pondered as I continued, adding these words for his benefit, “My heritage is as mixed as your own Lorsalian, and it permitted me access to the Blessed Isle.” Azelrus stared heavenward.

I met his gaze and he mouthed, ”and likewise troubled if the rumors are correct.” Rumors? What rumors this time. Another question I would have to bother him with at another time. Now was the time for my report to Zhoanest.

“Such talk has not purpose here,” I leaned over and whispered to the ranger who nodded.

“I met an elf who seemed concerned about the health of the trees. He mentioned that they weren't the same.” The cleric with an air of inattentiveness began singing softly to herself. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from telling her she could leave if my words bored her so much. Zhoanest was listening, and considering my words carefully. “I wandered further into the forest into an area past the glades that was dead.” I watched as Lorsalian’s jaw dropped. I resisted the urge to reach over and close it. “The people in the area call it the Dead Wood.”

Sotana nodded, and Lorsalian seemed to realize where it was I spoke of. He relaxed somewhat. “Sad that that area once again figures in events.” Zhoanest transferred his attention to Lorsalian for a moment, before I continued.

“Hidden by a cloak of invisibility I roamed and found a portion inhabited by were-creatures.” Lorsalian frowned and I could see I had recaptured the cleric’s attention. “I also found a cave. A cave that gave me a feeling of foreboding.” Even now, in the warm weather here, I felt a chill, and shuddered in response. “I looked around, then left as soon as I was able. I met an elf from Larallyn back in the glades.”

The ranger nodded at me. “It takes a bit for the chill to leave you. That cave must be cleansed of its former tenant eventually.”

“It used to house a servant of Cyric,” Sotana murmured. Zhoanest looked at the druid, considering her words.

“An elven follower of Cyric?” he asked. Azelrus shook her head negatively.

“Human I believe,” was Lorsalian’s response.

“On Evermeet?” The geomancer looked slightly shocked.

“He figured in the recent assassination of the Larallian Elder,” Lorsalian reported, a sad expression on his face.

“He is on Evermeet no longer,” Sotana added.

“The elf I met, He told me the story of the death of their elder, which rang with the tale Sotana told me of your mutual trip,” I mentioned, looking at Lorsalian and Azelrus, before turning my attention back to Zhoanest.

“And the villains also took the Cyrite elsewhere, after killing the elder.” Azelrus chimed in.

Zhoanest looked surprised. “What are humans doing on that island?”

“There are other ways to reach the isle other than the portals sir,” I pointed out.

“I assume he remained largely undiscovered as he lurked in his cave serving Cyric for many years....but he has been called to other responsibilities now apparently,” Sotana informed us.

“And they should be warded,” the geomancer responded to me.

“I have only rumors of them,” I shrugged. Sotana nodded her agreement with Zhoanest. Azelrus looked at her sharply.

“I think the visit predated the recent warding. It may have even been a reason for it,” Lorsalian added, continuing with a mutter, “Bleh... visit. Not a sufficient word.”

Now it was time to tell him my thoughts, if I could get them out without interruption. “Sir. The remains of the Elder... they were perfectly preserved in skeletal form with the symbol of Cyric on its skull.” Lorsalian shuddered at my description and Sotana winced. Zhoanest placed his hands upon the ground and worked his fingers into the soil past the grass.

“Has the Archer found him yet?” Azelrus asked. I stared around blankly.

“No...nor will he...” Sotana murmured. The cleric frowned, which changed into a sorrow-filled expression.

“The ceremony for remains could not be completed. The "Trees would not accept him,"” I continued. Zhoanest shook his head mournfully. “So the people of Llaryllan wrapped the remains in his favorite blanket and delivered them to the Queen. The elf I spoke with did not know what she did with them.” I continued.

“Is there some way... Well... the remains themselves could be tainting the island?” Around the glade, everyone was staring at me with different expressions, measuring my words. I shifted uneasily. Maybe I was just being stupid, but I pushed on, “Or the cave that was inhabited by the man ultimately responsible for the Elders death?”

“Tainting the island any further than human presence upon it? It could be possible.” Zhoanest responded. I relaxed slightly. Apparently my words did have some merit to them. Azelrus frowned at Zhoanest’s words, and Lorsalian sighed.

“Humans are not all evil,” Lorsalian said to the geomancer.

“I have not made such a presumption,” came the retort.

Lorsalian returned his regard to me.

“You told me sir, the taint was slow,, it took time...” I started again. Zhoanest nodded. “Until its poison was felt through the other excitement that Faerun felt.” Zhoanest nodded again. “Could that human's presence over a period of time be responsible?”

“It is entirely possible, that plus the presence of others,” agreed the geomancer.

Azelrus says 'Well, the mere presence of humans cannot possibly be a taint of the land...'

“Excitement?” asked the puzzled ranger. I raised an eyebrow at him. To think, he’d been part of it.

“She felt Auzorm'tvorl's tread upon Her surface. She felt the Stones shift back into time. There was plenty to be distracted about.” Zhoanest grinned mirthlessly.

I murmured to Lorsalian, "Would you not say the events leading up to the battle with the Vile One could be construed as excitement?” I chuckled softly, flashing a smile at Zhoanest as our words collided.

“Ah ...” was all Lorsalian responded with. Sotana nodded. “I wouldn't have used that exact word, although I cannot think of another at short notice.” The ranger shivered.

“Vile One...he won't shut up about that...” Azelrus muttered under her breath. Sotana and I both looked at her eyebrows raised. At times I feel the urge to laugh at our mirrored expressions. Azelrus returned my look. “What?”

“Cheeky youth you've connected yourself to, Lorsalian.” Whomever it was this young woman was referring to, if the ‘he’ she’d been muttering about had anything to do with the final battle, he deserved the right to talk about it. I didn’t, and neither did many others I know, but that didn’t mean he shouldn’t be permitted.

The cleric peered at me. “What are you talking about?” she demanded of me. “I wasn't talking about Lorsalian at all.”

“Aren't we all?” Lorsalian responded to my comment. The geomancer wiggled his toes deeper into the grass during our exchange. I suppose our by-play was boring him.

“And as for taints...” I began again, attempting to jerk the conversation back on its path, “That human was evil... it is that evil that taints, not the fact he was human, at least in my eyes.” I shuddered as Lorsalian nodded in agreement. “That cave... it was like walking into a place filled with ice water...”

Sotana looked at me, her gaze filled with comfort and understanding. I pressed on. “I couldn't stop the shivering once I entered.” Lorsalian started rummaging around in his sack. “The only thing that I've felt that was worse...” I shuddered remembering a cave filled with demons, elementals and an enormous, malevolent golem we fought to destroy, comrades falling as they sacrificed themselves. I shoved those memories to the side, this was not the time. “Bad memories. And none I wish to share at this time, though Sotana and Lorsalian have shared them.” Sotana nodded slowly.

Lorsalian handed me a clove of garlic. “This can help control the shivers, although it doesn't banish them. If you even need to go there again,” he told me. “Shivering isn't a good thing to do with the beasts nearby.” I thanked him, and tucked the clove away.

“Sir. Do you know anything of the creation of Evermeet?” It was time for a change of subject, though it was one still pertinent. The question caught Lorsalian’s attention and he listened intently.

“I know two perspectives of it, although the accuracy of either may be suspect. I am but mortal, more or less,” Zhoanest told us. I nodded.

Catching on to where I was going, Sotana added her two copper. “I would be very interested in hearing anything you might know.”

I added, “I heard from Lady Silverdew that it was once part of Arvandor? Which is why it is called the Blessed Isle?” No I wasn’t about to sit up and scream that the woman is my great-grandmother. I didn’t know Lorsalian and Azelrus well enough to admit that. However honorable some may think I am for trying to help the elven isle, this did all come down to one thing, my own selfish need to hang onto my heirloom.

“Will you hear a tale, then?” asked the geomancer.

“Yes please.” Sotana answered eagerly, sitting up straighter. Azelrus nodded. Before he could begin we were briefly interrupted by the arrival of Deshana exiting the elfgate on Evermeet.

Azelrus peered at Deshana. The elven druid tipped her hat to all of us gathered in the clearing. Zhoanest stood and bowed to Deshana, who returned it.

“Forgive the intrusion,” she said, organizing her belongings. I smiled at her. It had been a while since I’d seen the elven woman.

“Are we intruding?” Zhoanest asked her.

“Well, we were here first...” muttered the cleric. I sighed inwardly. I hoped with age would come wisdom for this one. Tact is a valuable trait for anyone who had to deal with people on a regular basis. You can’t increase the population of worshippers for your god, if you annoyed them all.

“No, I didn't mean to interrupt my friend,” Deshana reassured the geomancer, who nodded, before tipping her hat once more and fading into the trees.

“I perhaps chose a poor location. I merely knew I would be able to reach here quickly from the isle,” I said apologetically.

Zhoanest nodded, “It will suffice.”

“Better than the place _I_ left the gate that first time. Heh,” Lorsalian reached over and whispered. I raised my eyebrow before turning back to Zhoanest.

“Please. Your tale,” I asked of him.

“I know of the creation of Evermeet from two perspectives,” he began. “The tale passed down to me from my father and mother speaks of a long journey, a search. There had been a home, before they had to seek another. And they created Evermeet, from an element of Arvandor and through High Magic. As such, it is a treasured place.”

“What was their home before?” Azelrus asked, as I muttered under my breath about too many trees. I blushed when I realized I had said that out loud.

“I can see why,” Sotana murmured.

“The tale speaks of another land, much like how Faerun would be,” answering Azelrus’s question.

“There is another side, which I understand but poorly. There was a time when She became aware of a request, to bear a most wonderful thing. She has hosted other such, even though this one was different. The land... arrived.”

“Both could be true,” Lorsalian pondered.

I caught Sotana’s gaze and raised my eyebrow questioningly.

“True....one does not necessarily rule out the other...” she mused, before shaking her head slightly at me. I nodded. I wouldn’t discuss the Chamber here, in front of the ranger or the cleric.

“Would think it only polite to ask before you create an island,” Lorsalian continued, chuckling nervously.

“It would appear that a visit to Evermeet, to talk with her ruler and council, is in order,” Zhoanest suggested. My stomach jumped nervously, as Sotana nodded.

“How difficult would that be to arrange?” she asked before looking at Lorsalian for his opinion.

“I have spoken with Queen Amlaruil in the past. I could request the meeting,” Zhoanest offered.

Lorsalian pursed his lips slightly, pondered, then nodded. "Yes, I suppose that would be necessary."

“I shall do so, then,” the geomancer stated.

“Thank you... I am very interested to hear with else she can tell us,” the druid told Zhoanest.

“I will begin the proceedings,” Zhoanest told us. What did it take to get an audience with the Queen? Admittedly, probably knocking on the gates wouldn’t be wise. The geomancer bowed formally before me. I curtsied in response as Sotana nodded in acknowledgement of Zhoanest’s words.

Zhoanest bowed to everyone else in the clearing. “I appreciate your time and tales,” Sotana told the geomancer, before the ground reached up and lovingly cradled Zhoanest, pulling him into her embrace.

“We will discuss it when we return, Azelrus. I think your presence would be... misunderstood.” Lorsalian seemed to reply to some unanswered question. He frowned.

Azelrus peered at Lorsalian. Sotana murmured, “I agree with Lorsalian.”

“I haven't taken the trouble to get to know you to bring you back to your temple in pieces,” Lorsalian frowned, then chuckled at the dark humor.

Leaving them to their banter, I wandered back to Waterdeep. I needed some time at home.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”