Attitudes, High Magic and Explanation

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lorsalian
Sojourner

Attitudes, High Magic and Explanation

Postby Lorsalian » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:38 pm

Reference: http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16634

A much older-feeling youth sat once again in his favorite grove, but neither it nor his improving skill at playing his father's flute seemed to calm him.

The oracle had said that the high magic had only been used twice in the history of the elven race; and both times to disastrous consequences. The only reason this island existed was through the grace of Correllon Larethian in turning the spell aside. If used again, would it have the same results? Would Correllon again intercede to correct the mistakes of his children?

After all, the high mage who had attended the Queen's court seemed to be the most skilled, and most likely to weave the magic; yet he had been unable to handle the latent power of the chamber. Power that was a single drop compared to the flood of the emeralds that had been painstakingly retrieved and then just handed to him.

"Why did I agree to help?" he thought, not for the first time.

Even if they should succeed, the isle would be forever denied to outsiders. Lorsalian stopped playing, and looked at the intricately carved flute. If this was just 80 years ago, he might never have existed -- his parents would likely never have met. "I'm no saint, but I like to think I've done some good. Who knows who might be denied existence? Not all humans are like the raiders on the road."

That group of humans had been allowed onto the island by the goodwill following the destruction of the Vile One, just had proven to be the worst examples - attacking and robbing travellers, and cutting enough wood for each member to have their own fire at night.

At length, he thought of an explanation to himself. Not the reason why he had started (he still wasn't sure of that) but a reason to continue; a seemingly vain hope that he would be able to temper the xenophobia of the court. Maybe the temperament of the would-be 'interloper' could be considered. If a person was elven in all but race --

Lorsalian sighed, and shook his head. He was dreaming again, but he had to hope.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:30 am

Also for Reference: http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16798

I am sorry it took so long Lor.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”