RP Points

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Gormal
Sojourner

RP Points

Postby Gormal » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:12 am

So if we write a story/poem and post it up on the bbs do we automatically get rp points? What about stories and such written for the current player run RP stuff? Eil told me that all of the current competition is strictly player-reward driven but I'm sure others have the same questions. I am working on some new stories though and was curious if they would count towards my goal of earning enough RP points for a restring, I haven't heard of anyone earning enough for a reward in a long while.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:52 pm

The "RP" points we're awarding for the games are totally separate from any that RPQ sphere may wish/may not wish to award for the games. Our points are for the pure purpose of breaking any possible ties at the end, and levelling the playing field somewhat for those who may have chosen to play lower level characters. They exist merely because this is an RP-driven event, and we need some way to encourage/reward people for making the extra effort to RP. The RP itself is also one of the challenges with its own prize at the end.

While RPQ has been an invaluable aid in all this (thank you thank you thank you) this whole contest IS driven by players. They're helping us out to make this much more fun by lending us tools there is no way we could have duplicated on our own.

And a slight note of distinction. We're calling our points RP points. RPQ calls their points Quest points. At least the echo I get when I'm updated is Your Quest Point total has been modified. We did this deliberately to avoid confusion. :-)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Right, I was curious about the rpq staff points in general more.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:58 pm

I have a question about them. Were those who accumulated points during the course of the previous campaign going to receive a chance to use them to acquire any RP-related abilities or items? If ever?

I remember being told at one point we could write a story and RP an event where something would be possible added/modified with your character in a purely RP way.

Just wondering if that's still in effect? Do the points from the previous still stand? Or was everyone returned to zero at the conclusion?

Eili?
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:37 am

All granted points still exist. We have a list of who's earned points and hope to begin finding opportunities to let rewards enter the recipient's possession. The rewards are all based upon the roleplay we observe done by the recipient, and are non-transferrable.

A single story and participation in a single event could grant a small reward. Much would depend upon intensity and quality of roleplay, and prior participation.

Further questions are welcome, through mmail, posts, private messages, petitions or tells.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”