Ashstone: Adventurers Wanted!

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

Ashstone: Adventurers Wanted!

Postby Lilira » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:25 pm

Finally, the illness I had taken was gone. I was behind on promises I’d made and things I needed to get done. First on my list was passing the word about trade opportunities in Ashstone, as well as passing the word that aid was needed in the rebuilding. Since adventurers rarely stand still and at times can be difficult to locate, I decided my best bet would be to use methods similar to the ones used to advertise the games, though not to the extent of hiring several bards to herald about it. I would post signs to catch attention in several towns from Mithril Hall to Calimport. Dwarves always love a chance at trade, and I felt secure that there might be some interest in the south to send rare spices and the like north.

So, with this in mind, I sat in the Dead Orc Tavern with a stack of parchment, quills and ink. Thoughtfully I chewed the top of my quill, then started writing.

I read over the crossed out and rewritten draft several times, reworking a phrase here and there until I was satisfied with the final product, then I meticulously copied the words several times onto different sheets of parchment, pausing only to massage the cramps out of my aching hand, and sharpen my quills.

After they were dry, I rolled them up with a flourish and went to the common board to tack up my first one before heading north to Mithril Hall.

Attention Merchants and Adventurers!

Opportunities abound in the rebuilding of the city formerly known as Bloodstone. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, the Lady of what will become Ashstone seeks people who are interested in establishing trade relations, shops and services in the city.

For those who are not of a mind to sit in a shop all day, it is possible to sponsor a shop, providing aid in the clearing and rebuilding of the city as a representative of the shop you wish to sponsor. Anyone wishing an establishment in the new city must be willing to adhere to the following conditions:

1) Aid must be offered freely in rebuilding the city. There are many tasks which require skilled labor. Without service, requests will not even be considered.

2) Venture forth to Bloodstone Camp and speak with the Lady or Klovus.

3) While service will ensure consideration, platinum will purchase property, so funds will be required.

The Lady also seeks those of adventurous spirit and special skills to aid. Simply seek her out and offer your services, negotiation may be possible.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Thanks, Lilira. :)

The Lady Ashstone is, indeed, looking for people to assist with the rebuilding and to establish shops and the like. There are a few additional comments:

- This is not kingdom code. Some of our ideas make use of notions suggested by kingdom code, but the two are not the same.

- It'll be easier to converse with Lady Ashstone and Klovus if RP-Q is available to let them interact better - mmail rpq, Auril or Eilistraee to discuss an appointment, or petition in case we were quietly doing other work.

- You will not become the shopkeeper of the store you sponsor, nor will you receive funds from it. If you would like to learn more about this side of things, you are more than welcome to ask. :)

We look forward to hearing from you!

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”