Good vs Evil

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Gormal
Sojourner

Good vs Evil

Postby Gormal » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:24 pm

I'm happy to see the RP sphere back into the swing of things, but I'm having a hard time with the blending of good/evil events. As eager as I am to participate in the RP stuff, I won't be one of the good aligned people who's eager to chat it up with evil mercenaries, orcs, trolls, and the like just to get some RP points. Gormal can't even sit in the room with people like Nilan without things coming to blows.

I really think that a good VERSUS evil storyline would be cool. Run events that pit us against eachother, stories that show us helping different sides.

As a note to players: FAR too many good aligned characters are too eager to help/befriend evil ones. More people really need to ask themself "Would my character do this?"
Shevarash GCC: 'Are you going to be confrontational to me everytime I answer a question on GCC and you're at keys?'
Dranth
Sojourner

Postby Dranth » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:44 pm

I R teh Drizzt Do'urden of torilmud thankyou.
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:06 pm

Deshana is a deviant due to heritage and long association. her former goddess also held a great deal of sway though her treatment of non elven races depends on them.. usually a little harsh. Desh is peaceful by nature though, and knows she SHOULD be fairly rare in her veiws
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:11 pm

When we are running a session, we try to make sure the npc's will react and interact with the players appropriately. This does mean that they don't go off the who list, but rather on actions and/or equipment and appearance. The who list isn't really accessible in character.

Generally we won't turn somebody away from an event based solely upon their suitability for being present, but their ability to interact in character will be impeded and likely unproductive all around. Generally we avoid having mobs intended for interaction outright attack players, and stick with verbal deterrents where applicable.

In regards to a player vs. player event, we've tried a few times to set one up. With and without the pkill enabled but we haven't yet put something together that worked. I've been unimpressed with the implementation of the pkill, it's just an acheron emulator really, when used with roleplay and don't see it being useful anytime soon. And without that ability to truly impede the other side, a contested storyline feels somewhat hollow.

We do want to have events that involve player vs. player, but we're still looking for the right setup to orchestrate it well.
Eilistraee
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:41 pm

heheh gormal

i wasnt even able to be involved in todays event, so i would think that it went ok for you

heh

Nilan
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:35 pm

He did get to see Nenaga sacrifice a villager to Shar during the chaos. Shadechill ftw!
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:19 pm

Thank you very much for your post - and your interest. We do try to accommodate those who come to our events, even going so far as to ask players to turn on RP so we may interact with them more seriously.

However, we will also try to be less subtle and in-character with rpnews, in order to have fewer good-directed beings at sessions aimed to appeal to evils, and fewer evils at sessions aimed at goodrace beings. If in doubt, you are always welcome to petition or mmail us for more information. :)

In the recent past we have had players act as someone altogether different for RP reasons. We can work woth that, more easily if we are forewarned.

Auril

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”