RP Flavor!

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

RP Flavor!

Postby Lilira » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 pm

When I RP I like to look at other characters' descriptions!!!

I log every event I'm in whether its Imm run or an in character chat and I love to look at other players' descriptions so I get a picture in my head of what the other people look like!!!

I love the fact people take the time to develop their characters, work on the RP storylines, character habits etc, but it can be disheartening to be in the midst of an RP and look at someone to find that they have no description. What color are the eyes, skin, hair of the person I'm trying to talk to? How tall is the guy standing next to me swinging a sword to keep that troll from lopping my head off? Does he have a huge scar that mars that pretty face? Distinctive features? Even someone without distinctive features or non-descript should have something saying he's non-descript.

Brown hair, brown eyes, tanned skin, short, wiry.

Wow... so you're telling me that there's nothing exceptional about this guy and he blends in well with other common folk. Works for me cus I can change that into...

A breeze ruffled his brown hair as he glared angrily at me. or An amused smirk twisted his expression, his wiry frame seemingly relaxed as he studied me intently.

Just adds another depth. :-)

BTW, there are a few people out there who are more than willing to help write up descripts. :-) I'd be happy to help, just drop me a mmail or PM.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:36 pm

Thanks. :) It's a bit jarring to stand in front of a crew of fierce, powerful adventurers, knowing I've got my own secrets to keep me safe if they get uppity, working out a sly negotiation, take a closer look at my opponents - and they are suddenly nothing but eq standing there! How eerie! And what a cool trick, maybe I could do something like that... :P
Cirath
Sojourner

Re: RP Flavor!

Postby Cirath » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:33 pm

Lilira wrote:BTW, there are a few people out there who are more than willing to help write up descripts. :-) I'd be happy to help, just drop me a mmail or PM.

As it happens, I used to write up descriptions for others. It might even be the case that I could be persuaded to do so again, if you wanted to start providing that service. I should note, however, that I tend to interrogate the player fairly mercilessly before I do so to wring out their image of the individual.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:52 am

I pride myself on writing descriptions for the majority of my characters. I'm still lacking one on Rulos, though he has a neat story that Arilin and I worked out with his paladin, Revar. My invoker doesn't have one either since I don't want to RP a gnome.

I hate when people are joining RP functions and have no descriptions, it tells me that they really have no idea who their character is. Another thing that annoys me is when their descriptions are chocked full of things like "the deep scar across his face makes you cringe..." How do you know what my character's reaction will be?

Read the guidelines please, they are a great way to make your description better.

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”