Tel'arato Dagor en Halda'cuu 2008

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Lilira
Sojourner

Tel'arato Dagor en Halda'cuu 2008

Postby Lilira » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:56 pm

An excerpt from the journal of Lilira...

Odd. My house was filled with guests today. Wonderfully so. I was reading when Sotana showed up again. Then Lilithelle and Ashiwi. To say I was surprised... well that is an understatement. We sat and spoke of the Undermountain, Sotana and I relating some fun details of our last journey within to get the clay for Elura. Gods, the bunnies... Then Nonox of all people showed up. I must admit that it is somewhat disconcerting to be standing in my kitchen making tea, then turning to find another guest has teleported into the midst of my living room.

Ashiwi told us she had run into Gormal in her wanderings, and the dwarf began badgering her to get together with Sotana and I to organize more of the games. At first I was reluctant. So many details, including acquisition of the prizes. Previously, Ashiwi had cleaned out her vault and supplied a large portion of her own treasure. To come up with items adding up to even half the value would be difficult in the extreme. The excitement was infectious. We'll manage.

And a beginning was Nonox's contribution, in between his making calves eyes at Sotana who alternated between blushes and ignoring him. Mostly the latter. He handed Ashiwi a lovely little pile of trinkets, some of which she recognized.

We hashed out what games we would be interested in repeating, which ones seemed to go over the most successfully, what we could do to try and smooth things out... Needless to say, we have a lot of work before us. Somehow it will have to be juggled in amidst my other wanderings as well. However, the date has been set for mid-way through Elient. I hope that is enough time.

OOC: That is right ladies and gentlemen. Ashiwi, Sotana and I have decided to go ahead and do this. I'd like to point out that this is a PLAYER run series of _RP_ events/games. We had the wonderful assistance of RPQ last time through to make things run so much more smoothly, like permitting shouts where shouts normally couldn't happen, closing off zones for our use, portals, the loan of special badges for judges during certain games, assistance with advertising and on and on... all things that made this run so much more smoothly and add some flare. At the heart however, it was conceived and run by players. That will be the case again this time around.

We are not planning any restrictions this time. Last time we had asked that members of Imphras not play because all three of us were in the guild and the last thing we wanted were cries of favoritism due to guild affiliation. Anyone can play this time. Seriously... we would LOVE to see some evils show up! Just remember that you might not be welcomed with open arms by us 'In Character', but please, be your wily, evil little selves and show up. (How wicked would it be to send a human or disguised rogue to register so we wouldn't know until you showed up?)

On a side note, Elient = September. We'll have more details when we get closer, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up. For those of you who would like to participate but have no idea who your character is, you have time to work it out. Anyone interested in participation, but not as a contestant, contact one of us three please, I am certain we will be able to put you to work somewhere. We needed extra judges last year because our eyes couldn't be everywhere at once. *grin*
Gormal
Sojourner

Re: Tel'arato Dagor en Halda'cuu 2008

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm in, though I haven't decided which character I will use this time. I'll have to talk to mah peeps.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:49 am

I'm in as well, but may I make a suggestion?

I know you ladies will have a ton of work on your hands, but if you do it in early August, you'll have a higher chance of people participating since it'll be still summer and people won't be back in school. Just a suggestion.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm busy!!

GENCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:02 pm

You need this posted to news and rpnews in-game or a large group of people will never see it.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 am

Okay guys...

Due to random acts of nature/god and computer crashes, don't be surprised if this gets put off a bit.

When two of the three planners are off-line and the third is going nuts with RL stuff, this is not good. :-(

Sorry!

Heather
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”