How to Join RP Events

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Auril
Staff Member - Quests

How to Join RP Events

Postby Auril » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:28 pm

There are several ways to get involved with roleplay.

1. Check rpnews when logged into the game. It's where the RP-Quest sphere leaves announcements, briefs about past roleplay, etc. For example, right now you can see

2008.10.19 Upcoming Event
- The Lady Ashstone will receive visitors at the main fountain in the
new settlement on Saturday November 1, 2008 at 7:00pm Eastern time.

I posted the announcement on October 19. There are no restrictions noted with the announcement, so goodrace and evilrace are equally welcome. The start time of the event is Saturday November 1st at 7 pm Eastern. The location of the event is not explicitly stated, but can be inferred to be in Ashstone at the main fountain. The type of event is communication, as hinted by 'will receive visitors' and the absence of suggestions to bring weapons and gear. Other event types, with or without restrictions, will be posted as the story lines present themselves.

2. Talk with other roleplayers. Often, but not always, names will be included with past session briefs in rpnews. Also, people who write stories tend to be interested in interacting in character.

3. Contact us. There are several ways to do this, including mmail to rpq or to the members of the sphere. 'help email' will give a list of addresses also. Petition may work as well.

In the past, players were asked more about their views about roleplay, such as when they do and do not want to have roleplay opportunities presented to them, and we were firmly told that interaction during zones was unwelcome. There was one instance done at a player's request, to resolve an issue, and if I can avoid ever doing it again I will. Roleplay here is completely optional, and thus it falls to you to actively seek opportunities and contact us for more information.

Nobody is barred from participation. If circumstances feel uncomfortable, please discuss them with us and we will do what we can.

I hope to hear from you!
Lorendel Ebonmist
Sojourner

Re: How to Join RP Events

Postby Lorendel Ebonmist » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 pm

bravo
[size=85]Projection makes perception. The world you see is what you give it, nothing more than that... it is a witness of your state of mind, the outside picture of an inward condition. As a man thinketh, so does he perceive. - Anonymous.
[Confuscious say Look and you shall see]
"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl[*]
Nilan
Sojourner

Re: How to Join RP Events

Postby Nilan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:41 am

I will be there soon as I get home from my Vet Assistant job!!!

Looking forward to it,

-Nilan

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”