Confirmation of Resignation

Campaign-Related Roleplay Information

Moderators: Shar, Auril, Eilistraee

Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Confirmation of Resignation

Postby Auril » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:46 am

There has been some question about whether the RP-Q staff members have resigned. I have. I can no longer be what TorilMUD requires of its staff, so I have resigned my position. Eilistraee, Jergal and Leira have also individually resigned, although their reasons may differ.

As for the rumour that we will be starting a new mud, we will not. Nor will not be bringing our stories to a new mud; they were created for and within TorilMUD, and there is nowhere else they could possibly belong. Dlavizz Rha'Shashal is not on another mud, Bloodstone was probably never in the Greypeak Mountains anywhere else, and Auzorm'tvorl was not a menace to anywhere else. Anywhere else, the people are not those on TorilMUD, and thus the stories could not be translated meaningfully.

I had been a member of the roleplay sphere, first as the Quest Sphere and then as the RP-Quest Sphere, since March 5, 2002. For seven years, I have had the pleasure of working with many wonderful people, sharing our stories and dreams. I can't say what it has meant to me, because there are no words to properly convey this depth of feeling. Thank you for being a part of an amazing experience.

I am sorry that so many stories are left unfinished. For each thread we ended, several more began - how can the tales be done, while there is still life? Please remember your own tales, and continue to work with your own stories. Roleplay is about you, the character; all the rest is just bonus.

Auril 2002-2009
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Re: Confirmation of Resignation

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:59 am

I personally didnt RP much but I did get into such events like the christmas RP events and had a lot of fun with those, as im sure everyone else would say thanks for all the fun and enjoyment while you and everyone else was here.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Valendhal
Sojourner

Postby Valendhal » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:06 pm

I know there is no replacement, but what, in your opinion, can Toril do to get that "RP thing" going again?

I think it was important to many players here.

Chris

P.S.

What do you mean by saying:

"I can no longer be what TorilMUD requires of its staff"

What was the deal breaking requirement?
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Please note that Auril's account has been disabled as part of her confirmation of resignation and she cannot retrieve any private messages sent through the link on the post. If you wish to contact her, she can be reached at auril@rpquest.net
Eilistraee
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for posting this.

Yea, I have enjoyed the RP events and simple RP'ing I have occasionally done here in Sojourn/TorilMUD, thanks to those that have made them great!

Oh and Val, I think the primary answer to your question is, unfortunately, that which is needed to address many of our game issues - a pbase that is at least triple the size it is now :(
BEER

Return to “RP-Quest Discussion”