Evils Magazine (L.F.I. for October Issue 2003)

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Evils Magazine (L.F.I. for October Issue 2003)

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:37 pm

(July Issue 2003)

With most of the regular evilrace players absent, a slow influx of new evils has actually begun to take place. These new players are free of biases and attitudes. I'm finding helping them and teaching them the game (as some are apparently very new to the game) very exciting! :D

Some of the more regular playing evils now have begun to invest more of their time in RP, something Nilan has especially appreciated. I find myself often drawn into the plots and twists of the dark and mysterious themes often popping up in and around DK. (Thank you Nilan for often being the cause of this!)

This new generation of developing evils appears more receptive to RP and less focused on proving their own RL self worth to themselves thru equipment accumulation and zoning ability. Holding the value of friendship, players you can spend multiple hours of fun doing things together, over the persuit of the game... is becoming more and more apparent in our Evil world.

I'm looking forward to my next chance to log back on and meet some more and see if I can lend a hand. :D

I'll leave this update with a final message to anyone who's thought about rolling an evil, or has and didn't enjoy it because of people vs people problems:
This is quite possibly the best time to roll an evil. The problems with players, adamantly described numerous times by players suck as Thanuk, are very much disintegrating with the dissappearance of most of the instigators. The regular evils who are still around, mainly as alts now, are of an understanding mind that values players over their equipment.

So please, give it a shot. The timing couldn't be better! :D

And this has been your monthly Evils update.

-Llaaldara/Sesexe

Ps. I've been known to give out fully scribed spellbooks to new evil mage players! Dn't miss he opportunity!
Last edited by Llaaldara on Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Re: Evils Magazine (July Issue 2003)

Postby Snurgt » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:01 pm

Llaaldara wrote: The problems with players, adamantly described numerous times by players suck as Thanuk,

Interesting freudian slip!
Lazus
Sojourner

Re: Evils Magazine (July Issue 2003)

Postby Lazus » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:07 pm

Snurgt wrote:
Llaaldara wrote: The problems with players, adamantly described numerous times by players suck as Thanuk,

Interesting freudian slip!

You know, I was gonna say something along those lines, but I just barely kept myself from doing it =P.

Lazus
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:09 pm

Actually, I think I missed an "s" in there.

*whistle* :roll:

I guess I should lay off all those pRon stories I write. :wink:
Elseenas
Sojourner

Let me make a standing offer.

Postby Elseenas » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:47 pm

If you are a new evil and need help, send me a tell. I am generally more than willing to help.

I probably won't have any 1337 eq for you, but I can show you the ropes of the area and take you around for a little experience.

~Amenha/Elseenas (not Amemna, that's someone else)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:21 pm

*peer*

Where's the cover girl?

Ebils magazine ought to bring out some of those drow women...

:roll:
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:22 am

we tried a photo shot with our drow women, unfortunatly there have been major issues with flash photography
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:41 am

ROFL!

Hmm... Menzo isn't in yet is it?

As if I had the time to start playing again... heh.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:27 am

The flash photography, combined with the jeers of (now dead) male photographers...
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:38 pm

Bastards, one and all.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:33 am

(August 2003)

Evils Magazine (August Issue 2003)

The slow influx of new evils we had last month has continued on and this month some of those players have become a pleasant addition to our ranks!

This month’s Evil of the Month Honorable Mention goes to Kosaj. For his outstanding work with new evils and keeping them mainstreamed into playing by contributing ungodly amounts of personal time to them in all ways possible. Thank you for your outstanding and constant hard work!

Some evils have decided to roll alternate characters to help out with the lack of priority classes. Kudos to Sservis for leveling up a cleric, and doing it so fast! He’s online more then I’m on the BBS! And look out folks, Arnen is coming up quickly behind him!

After being gone for a few months, two great players have returned to our ranks once again. Big hugs to Wobb and Nugg for their return!

With so many evil leaders missing from our ranks, Xassis/Korris has taken up the mantle and began leading regular nightly zoning trips. Way to go Xassis!

The RP tide, lead by Nilan, has definitely been a strong force for swelling the evil ranks over the past month. Old players have begun to turn up ever more often, and even Todrael takes time to leave his old DK haunt to zone with us again. Possibly the most notorious drow warrior, Gazhad, has returned to our ranks to eagerly throw his body before mobs for our talented crew. Welcome back guys!

The bickering and bad behaviors that once plagued evils have reduced to a near non-existent minimum. Like I said last month folks, now is the best time to roll an evil! So roll one today and join in the fun and excitement!

And this has been your monthly Evils update.

-Sesexe
Zathep Barra'Chath
Sojourner

Postby Zathep Barra'Chath » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:36 am

Special thanks for going out to all you new evil players out there, keep fighting and keep leveling. we need ya! And sesexe for looking after all Da evils ;)
Azerost (H) NHC: 'I cut my unit trimming yesterday, I hope I didn't get herpies'

Totogimup says 'ok i'm gonna stay out of it, arguing on the mud is like winning the special olympics..even though you win you still a retard'
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:45 am

Go go go evils!

Oh yes. Be sure to roll an Illithid. 'Tis an interesting alternate path for all you caster-types out there 8) .
Rew Wolfblade
Sojourner

Postby Rew Wolfblade » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:46 am

i recently rolled up a orc and a troll.

i have difficulty navigating around waterdeep. i would love to explore the darkside....
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:29 pm

Good to be back!

I would like to give a shot out to all the evils who are back and playing. I've zoned at least every other night and often times more so all this hoo-ha about no more zoning for evils bla bla.....I have yet to see it.

Special thanks to Xassis for leading and kicking out some tough zones not just the old standbys. Kudos.

Shot out to great troll warrior "Yud!" This guy can tank like nobodys business. We were up in brass and he saved me and the group several times, and he was only level 41 at the time. I can't wait to see him in action at 50. Nice job Yud!

Also special thanks to Sservis for working his tail off to get 46+. Evils, its time for res quest again so dust off your best chars and lets get the job done!

I can't thank everyone but I have had the pleasure of grouping with the following people the last couple weeks and it has been a treat:
(in no particular order)

Xassis
Zazyg
Ssissiv
Zagn
Ssissu
Ellana
Gura
Nilan
Zathep
Kosaj
Sservis
Sesexe
Todrael
Gakaz
Zalkenai
Silsaterur
Ssikin
Bizal
Donuktanam
Braggo
Mynazzaraxxsyn (no tab add hope i spelled it right)
Xisiqomelir
Xom
Enata
Torv
Kirrus
Sszantiel
Zarel
Feezuu

...that is just from memory, and I know there are more....now...who said there aren't any evils playing? :P

Good job guys keep it up.

Wobb (Grumpa)
Osil
Sojourner

Postby Osil » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:33 pm

Hi evils, its good to hear that you folks are enjoying a resurgence. I have been thinking of rolling a squid again since I had a blast playing one when it first went into the mud. What classes do you folks need the most now?
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:31 pm

Osil wrote:Hi evils, its good to hear that you folks are enjoying a resurgence. I have been thinking of rolling a squid again since I had a blast playing one when it first went into the mud. What classes do you folks need the most now?

My usual default answer to this question is Cleric or Enchanter, but I don't think anyone would have a problem with you rolling a squid if that's your class of choice. :D In fact you'd probably get a lot of support from us in doing so. Just the other day we were doing clouds and it hurt us a lot because we didn't have a squid with us.

I dunno what kinda stats you should be looking to get tho, better if you ask or another squid responds here about that. :?
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:14 pm

Llaaldara wrote:I dunno what kinda stats you should be looking to get tho, better if you ask or another squid responds here about that. :?

Heroic Con, Perfect Power, Perfect Int
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:14 am

Llaaldara wrote:With so many evil leaders missing from our ranks, Xassis/Korris has taken up the mantle and began leading regular nightly zoning trips. Way to go Xassis!
-Sesexe

You guys do know I have a warrior that I consider my prime, don't you?!

I'm gyrx god dammit! *lick* 8)
Last edited by Gyrx on Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:16 am

Osil wrote:Hi evils, its good to hear that you folks are enjoying a resurgence. I have been thinking of rolling a squid again since I had a blast playing one when it first went into the mud. What classes do you folks need the most now?

Shaman. We need shaman love. Our only active shaman atm is Nugg, and most zones I prefer to have 2. We have others that stop in, but another active shaman would get guarenteed a spot in my groups :p

Gyrx/Korris/Xassis
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:34 pm

I still live, but I guess you guys don't really care. No one bothers ICQ'ing me to do stuff anymore. I can lead most everything and I've tried to lead clouds, etc and no one wants to help. Why? Obviously being the oldest evil left playing I don't command an ounce of respect from anyone. I don't ask for anything but people to have faith in me and what I lead, but I can't even get that out of anyone anymore. Why play with people who treat me like dirt when all I've done is try to better the evils?

Targsk
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:39 pm

You can take me zoning Targsky!
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:40 pm

Yasden wrote:I still live, but I guess you guys don't really care. No one bothers ICQ'ing me to do stuff anymore. I can lead most everything and I've tried to lead clouds, etc and no one wants to help. Why? Obviously being the oldest evil left playing I don't command an ounce of respect from anyone. I don't ask for anything but people to have faith in me and what I lead, but I can't even get that out of anyone anymore. Why play with people who treat me like dirt when all I've done is try to better the evils?

Targsk

It's because you smell funny.

And I always icq you, but you're never around!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:44 pm

I meant ICQ'ing me to do stuff. There are a few times when I'm busy but usually I help out w/ things when I can. Like when you led clouds. Remember how I told you how lucky you had it when you managed to get a group to follow you for it? I meant it. I've led tons of zones and I still can't get anyone to log on for stuff like that. Hey, I could lead Seelie Court sometime if you guys wanted but I don't guess no one trusts me enough.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:50 pm

I wouldn't really call it "lucky," shit, half the people in the group had never done jot or anything like that...most of them just didn't know what they were in for! Buahaha. I love clouds, grid is so much fun :)
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:22 pm

:D glad to hear that evils are having a bit of an upswing in their population.....I have a trollie shammer that I mess around with from time to time...mebbe about lvl 30...perhaps by the time they get sick of all of us petulant morts and pwipe he'll be zonable :)
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:28 pm

Yasden wrote:I still live, but I guess you guys don't really care. No one bothers ICQ'ing me to do stuff anymore. I can lead most everything and I've tried to lead clouds, etc and no one wants to help. Why? Obviously being the oldest evil left playing I don't command an ounce of respect from anyone. I don't ask for anything but people to have faith in me and what I lead, but I can't even get that out of anyone anymore. Why play with people who treat me like dirt when all I've done is try to better the evils?

Targsk

Targsk you suck as a bard. :P

Put down the violin and pick that sword back up! :twisted:

I don't care how much chocolate syrup you got, I'll pick a man over a marshmallow any day! :wink:
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:19 am

A good day for evils..

who evil

Listing of the Mortals!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[50 Inv] Sesexe - Sham'aroth Ra'ri - Orbdrin D'oloth (Drow Elf)
[50 War] Targsk Mosh Dwarf - To'Ryll Avuna - Orbdrin D'oloth (Troll) (RP)
[50 War] Ruagh Wander Alone (Troll) (RP)
[49 Cle] Elet (Drow Elf)
[39 Psi] Omussix (Illithid)
[31 Cle] Myzanya Vei'Zexlyn (Drow Elf)
[48 Inv] Feezuu - Streea D'ssussun - Orbdrin D'oloth (Drow Elf) (RP)
[50 Ill] Ssissu - Slayer - Gruff Old Dragonslayers (Yuan-Ti)
[47 Cle] Bakeledam Deathforge +CombatMedic+ Blood Raiders (Duergar)
[ 2 Nec] Titeketa (inv) (Drow Elf)
[50 Inv] Zazyg Ark'Henneld (Drow Elf) (AFK)
[25 War] Apuh (Troll)
[38 Enc] Romeg (Drow Elf)
[26 Psi] Muxxissinix (Illithid)
[43 Rog] Zathep - Har'oloth Zahanzon - Orbdrin D'oloth (Drow Elf) (RP)
[37 Ele] Mattachary (Duergar)
[37 War] Garax (Troll)
[37 Cle] Arnen (Drow Elf)
[24 Ctr] Vhagar (Orc)
[50 Inv] Esay (Drow Elf)
[48 Sha] Yokgu (Orc)
[50 Psi] Xisiqomelir -Aedileator- Crimson Coalition (Illithid) (RP)
[43 Rog] Totogimup (Duergar)
[50 Cle] Ellana - Slayer - Gruff Old Dragonslayers (Drow Elf) (RP)
[41 Ill] Rrekassas (Yuan-Ti)
[49 Cle] Sservis (Yuan-Ti)
[43 War] Zagn (Ogre) (RP)
[28 Sha] Rarid (Orc)
[46 Ele] Gleadakhade - Aeon Dread - Gruff Old Dragonslayers (Duergar)
[49 War] Kugol (Ogre)
[49 Sha] Nugg - Athiyk Mrigg - Orbdrin D'oloth (Troll)
[50 Dir] Kosaj - Uoi'nota Chath - Orbdrin D'oloth (Orc) (RP)

There are 32 mortal(s) on.

Total visible players: 32.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:37 am

Weird, why am i not on the list?
jono
Sojourner

Postby jono » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:43 am

coz you arent there gyrx! i think you are somewhere.. hrmm where is it??

N00bl3t.
Shuanerst
Sojourner

Postby Shuanerst » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:19 am

Must have taken the list when you were... dead!
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:42 pm

Shuanerst wrote:Must have taken the list when you were... dead!

die, just die all of you
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:24 am

Gyrx, did you just request the assistance of Morisquid?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:13 am

moritheil wrote:Gyrx, did you just request the assistance of Morisquid?

Mori, you always got a spot in my groups. Just give me enough time to tell everyone not to listen to a damn thing you say :)

*lick
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:44 am

He i was always tempted to roll and evil. But there was one thing the held me back and i think it might be one of the reasons of evil pbase decline..

X tells you 'I think I'm getting kina dired of ...er..I mean tired of evil zoning though'
You tell X 'why is that?'
X tells you 'they keep giving stuff out to their friends or something'
You tell X 'hehe nogs. thats why i never rolled an ebil'
X tells you 'to get gear for Y, I have to zone with X'
X tells you 'and if I'm just spending 3-4 hours a pop helping people equip their friends...I'd rather be over here'

dont get me wrong. I would love evil population to flourish(competition = good in my book) and thats the reason why i posted this log.
Ellana
Sojourner

Postby Ellana » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:45 am

Many times I have refrained from posting because I did not see the point in wasting my time and effort in generating a response. Many of the posts I read regarding evil pbase and evil zoning and evil handout system just makes me laugh because of the absurdity of it all. I have played here on my first ever mud, my first ever roleplaying game for over a year and a half now and I love playing an evil cleric.
I have made many friends and evil players are very generous with both eq and time to anyone who needs.
I see Wobb asking those who bid on ebony if they mind giving it to a warrior in the group who needs and no one objected. I see Gyrx giving several items from the same zone to one low hp player because he had too little hps. Targsk would many times equip up lowbies or people who need it. I have seen countless of zones done with the knowledge that the eq from there is going to someone who needs it, and sometimes that someone wasn't even logged on when the zone was being done. Gura gives out eq to people who needs and then berates me for not equiping my guildies. When Turgie was playing he'd do a zone repeatedly, every boot until everyone had what they needed from that zone. Gyrx though he takes the time and stress to leads lots will even not bid on an item even if he needs it because he sees someone who needs it more. Todrael, Nilan, Targsk, Ssissiv, Ssissu and I and many others have done the same zones 100s and 100s of times and did not bid because there are others who need.
There will always be some who are more disgruntled than others when they don't get what they bid for. I'm not saying there aren't times when I don't agree with the way split is done or that there aren't some people who are dorks. There's good and not so good players on both sides but it's just a game and for me, I play for the fun and for the friends.
What I'm trying to get at is that you hear the bad things but there are many many good things too. And I just realized how long my post is now and how old I'm feeling. I just wanted to write down some of the good things I have exp'd.

Ellana
Ssissu group-says 'I have mad skills'
Ssissiv group-says 'its known as the 'combo of the ssissy's'
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:24 pm

oteb wrote:He i was always tempted to roll and evil. But there was one thing the held me back and i think it might be one of the reasons of evil pbase decline..

X tells you 'I think I'm getting kina dired of ...er..I mean tired of evil zoning though'
X tells you 'and if I'm just spending 3-4 hours a pop helping people equip their friends...I'd rather be over here'

dont get me wrong. I would love evil population to flourish(competition = good in my book) and thats the reason why i posted this log.

God forbid we help eachother?
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:04 pm

oteb wrote:He i was always tempted to roll and evil. But there was one thing the held me back and i think it might be one of the reasons of evil pbase decline..

Posts like this piss me the off mightily. They completely spit in the face of everything I've done.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:42 pm

Oteb,

I consider you one of my favorite people on the mud. You've always shown such kindness and helpfulness towards me on the mud. Other people I talk to often refer to you in high regard...

Your post just brought tears to my eyes. :cry: I'm so sad right now. This is the second time now you've posted in a thread in a manner that is more likely to instill a flame war then be on key with the theme and subject matter of the thread. You know, as well as anyone, posts like that do nothing but start up that old horseshit talk about G vs E.

This threads purpose is to express the positive side to the evilrace side of the game, and to continually promote that endeavor to help squash the negative aspects that have plagued us.

Please rethink your post. Perhaps removing it or re-writing something else? It really doesn't deserve to be here. You're better then that.

Plz? :(

Your friend,

Sesexe/Llaaldara
yud
Sojourner

Postby yud » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:59 pm

I have to step in here and say my bit. I just started back playing again recently, and mostly all of the evils didn't know me from a hole in the wall. I was invited to do Brass soon after I came back, at 41st level. That was great. I declined to bid since it was my first real zone.

The next night we did Brass again, and without even asking, I was handed the amethyst ring, since I was doing a majority of the tanking. This speaks volumes right there.

I do not have personal experience with the evils this time around, and so cannot speak as to what may or may not have happened previously, but I can tell you that I have seen none of this favoritism or elitism.
yud
Cap'n Touk
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Touk » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:11 pm

(In the past several months I've noticed the following.)

Good races do straight up bids (any item to any person) the majority of the time.

Evil races tend to hand out equipment to people who need or have earned the equipment, and then bid the rest.

Both systems cater to the player-base, the evil base is smaller and can afford to hand items out to the needy. Chances are very high the person you just gave equipment is going to be in your group the next day helping you out.

The good base is larger and because of that, there's no real attachment to your group members (guilds excluded). The chances that you'll be grouped with the same people next time are very low, so why would you give up your bid to equip someone you won't group with for the next three weeks?

In short - I haven't seen any indications of unfair equipment splitting from either side in a very long time. The set up is different, but with good reason, just choose the one that suits you.

Cap'n Touk
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:27 pm

I am happily levelling up an evil myself, although it will be a few weeks before he's zonable. Things have been very pleasurable so far, I'm havin' a good time, it's a blast to just see new sights and people wearing new equipment, etc.

There's one thing that could throw a damper in my evil satisfaction, though, and that's how the split is handled. The only kind of split that's satisfying to the average player is one where they pick an item from the list, and get an equal opportunity to win it with everyone else who picked that item.

Handouts, leaders claiming stuff, announcing at the end of zone that we were "doing the zone for person X", that kind of thing is just deeply unsatisfying for me and, I feel, most others. I'm sure everyone has had at one time or another held a grudge against person X for that sort of split... I certainly have.

More fair would be, if you want to hand something out to someone, bid on it, and if you win, give it to them. That sort of thing happens all the time, and other people don't have that jacked taste in their mouths when it occurs.

Now you might thing, well, why should person X have an equal shot at some item when person Y has done the zone so many times before and still hasn't gotten said item? Just let the odds work themselves out; the more times you do the zone, the more shots you have.

Or, you might think, person X is stacked, they don't *need* some item, but person Y does. Let them decide; they may know better than you. They can abstain. They can get the thrill of winning, and then the extra thrill of generosity. They may really need the item after all for other purposes.

Anyways, like I said, I'm really happy evil'ing and I hope to see more of them soon; it's breathing a lot of life in the game for me. I hope that I don't have to retire my evil when he starts zoning because of frustrating split issues, it's a big concern. I'll be sure to let you all know though.
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:27 pm

LLaldara,
I didnt mean to to install a flame war of any kind. I pointed at a thing I heard a couple times from many high level goodies who switched sides and came back. I posted it since I hopld X in high regard and there are litteraly last person on this mud I would accuse of being greedy or biased toward any side of race war. Moreover this person made quite a lot of high level goodies switch sides, and i know they invested quite a lot of time in their evil char. Only reason why i posted that log was to imo give evils a chance to change something for the better.(even tho I would love X back in goodie camp I am all for growin evil pbase since I miss the time of firece competition between both sides of racewar).
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:20 pm

Well since people like to be vague and not give specifics on when things happened, I'm going to be specific. This is for you Mr. X

Recent evening evil leaders this week have been: Gura and Gyrx/Xassis/Korris

Gura normally does hand-outs on major items, and then hands out 2nd round to whoever speaks up first.

Gyrx normally seems to lotto, sometimes does handouts when everyone in the group is a regular and well known.

I haven't seen either leader claim anything for themselves this week. I haven't even seen either walk away with anything other then the items noone wanted this week.

Evils usually start zoning around 7pm central time. If you log on at 10pm central, yes you miss out on a few zone trips, but usually about this time we are either in the middle of a big one or about to start another zone.

It doesn't matter how many evils are on at 7, someone will start a zone group. Gura normally spams people on icq to get them on. How many goodie leaders do you know of that have to tug and pull and convince people to log on just so that you can zone? Then they have to put up with people goofing off and not paying attention.

As for me personally. This is how it went. This week I've done a lot of zones. I've bid 2 times total this week, for zoning every night and each night over the weekend as well. My first bid was in ET (which I've done a lot 15+ times) and never received anything. I only ever wanted an earth earring. Well this week Gura handed one to me at split after he lead it. A lot of times I'm the only invoker in groups (but not so last night where there were 3 others) and a lot of times I'm also the only evil taxi on (something I hate doing more then mindless exp). Yet I do these things without complaint and I do them well because they are needed. My 2nd bid this week was for someone else. I lost, oh well. I did clouds up to 85% of the zone, and never heard back about split or rest, cuz I didn't ask and no worries. When we did TF the other night, I asked to do circlet (which noone ever wants) but we didn't. No worries. I winded up not even bidding because I saw new evils in the group that could use an eldritch a lot more then me. During this split a friend was upset because he lost what he wanted to someone who hardly plays. I don't know why this person didn't ask for my help? I would have gladly bid on the same item for them or put in a good word. I wasn't even aware til last night that there is an important item for rogues from TF.

Mr. X, if you need some help getting something. By all means ask. But don't talk bad about us all behind our backs because you're not speaking up. :?
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:22 pm

Alomlim -

I'm not going to give a bid to someone in the group who acted like a retard all zone and wasted some of the groups time. I don't care if you don't know the zone, I don't care if you've never zoned. I don't care about a lot of things, but if you don't listen to me then don't expect to be getting any loot, and if you prove it over and over (as some people have) that you will never follow my directions then don't expect to be brought zoning.

If you're lower level, don't know the zone, but enjoy yourself, help other people enjoy the zoning experience and just do what your told, expect to be given the eq over the people that are wasting my time not listening to me.

Oteb -

Are these people not listening to the leader? Constantly complaning throughout the zone? Bitching to no end after the zone?

There are lots reasons evils do things that most people who aren't used to the system don't understand, but if people just stop bitching and try to have fun for a couple zones then everything falls into place for the most part.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:55 pm

Handouts/handdowns are the best way to make things as fair for everyone as possible. I've had people boycott my groups for doing such because they either 1. wanted to dice it (lame) or 2. were upset they weren't handed the uber item in the 1st round (even more lame). People in reference I won't bring up but it's always been people from a particular evil association.

Any leftovers I save and if I zone with or see mid-high level people running around and could use this item I will log on my storage and start handing gear out. Auctions, plat, and associations don't amount to much if you don't have players around to help do zones.

I've claimed things only twice, ever. One time was when I led jot invasion and I claimed the surtur, because I'd done it dozens of times since Toril and never had one. The 2nd time was DK vault when I claimed the mage staff for someone who needed, but wasn't in the group. No one else in the group needed it, despite one complaint from a guy who wanted to put it on his lvl 10 alt. I don't do zones to gear alts, unless your alt is a high level zoning alt.

P.S. I'll lead more when you guys wanna help me learn the more difficult zones. MD, scorps/seers, Avernus, Muspelheim. Seelie Court, anyone?

Enjoy!

Deathmagnet
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:31 pm

Well I typed and re-typed a reply to this thread 3 times, and nothing comes out the way I want to say it, as is often the problem with text messages.

In the end, I just want to echo what Llaaldara and Ellana have said, and caution the notion that there is "unfair" handouts or "handouts to friends".

There are none. Play an evil, and for crying out loud you have to come to at least 5 or 6 zones before you can judge anything, and you will see how it works. Generally speaking all splits work like this: people who need stuff get it. If everyone's got it, or no one needs it, it's diced. On a rare occasion, leaders claim stuff.

And as a leader, I defend the right to this. I've led more times than I can count, but I've only claimed stuff twice that I recall, and its never a HUGE item, (i claimed an amethyst ring once, and an SG crown..:P and most of the time, i never even bid stuff). And those who dislike "leaders claiming stuff", don't worry, leaders aren't stupid. They know if they claim unfairly, too often, for friends..whatever, they will soon find they have no followers. I don't see you people complaining about EQ leading a DAMN thing. If you don't like the way splits are handled, then lead something and do the split yourself, and then suddenly, you will find yourself on the other side of this coin. Gromikazer if you are reading this, I know how you feel now bro.

I've heard alot on the mud, been around since 1996. Zoned with all kinds, from the days of Kanthas and Kurz, to the days of Post-Turg. (ooh poetry)
I've seen too much Llaaldara to let two posts in this thread make me worry. So don't worry :) You and I and all the evils on lately know how great things are right now....I only post to confirm the notion the evil pbase already has.

In the end, its not the EQ that makes you, its being there. Keep being there, and you will have the EQ....get it?

Wobb
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:32 pm

I'll help ya learn em Targsky ;) Lets go.
If we all die, Stabby will hide and hold zone so we can CR.

heheh, Lets go, I'm game

Nilan
aka
Stabby

Hurry back Targsky, I miss ya, OD misses ya.
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:20 pm

You'll notice that there's no rash of threads complaining that dicing eq is unfair... on the other hand, I think we've all read debates and complaints on the handout system before. But whatever, fairness is not the most important point.

All I'm saying is, I'm not alone amongst the people for whom the handout way is a big turn off. You might want to work on that if you want to keep players who are goodie converts, or even potential goodie converts.

Also, the following split techniques (listed above in this thread) would tend to make your average goodie pretty torqued if it was sprung on them after the zone had started:

-claiming best zone item (amythest, eldritch)
    -claiming invasion eq (surtur)
    -giving a player no bid cuz you thought they weren't doing their job

So, don't do that! On the evil side, to avoid you, your victims are unlikely to have any recourse but to go back to the goodies. Goodies pull these kinds of stunts too, but at least you can avoid them and still play the game.
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:11 pm

Alomlim -

There's reasons we all do those things, and if you are just somewhat active in our system it all works out.

Now, for everyone who doesn't like how things are done then start leading things yourself. People will follow who they want to follow.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”