Why I Hate the Friggin Jets

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
thanuk
Sojourner

Why I Hate the Friggin Jets

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:27 pm

Ok so its December 1st. Pennington got hurt in the pre-season. The Jets, sitting at 4-7, were dead in the water, going into a monday night game against the 9-2 Tennessee Titans, and probable MVP Steve McNair was going to play. All that's left is to watch the Titans run the Jets over, put that last nail in the coffin, and then i can relax and watch the real teams compete for the playoffs and think about the Jets draft pick for next year. Then they go and beat the fuggin Titans.

So now the Jets are 5-7. BFD! But wait....

If the dolphins lose to the Eagles and the Patriots they'll have 6 losses, and play the jets on the last game of the year. And we all know what happens to Miami in december.

If the Broncos (who are favored by 3 over the Chiefs, what a joke) Lose 2 of their last 4 games...and they're playing the Chiefs, Packers, Browns and the Colts in the next 4 weeks, so its very possible, they finish at 9-7.

Then if the loser of the Ravens Bengals game next sunday loses one more game besides that, they'll also end up 9-7. The bengals have the 49ers, browns and rams. The ravens have the raiders, browns and steelers. Let's go ravens.

If all of this happens, AND if the Jets win the next 3 games(Bills, Patriots, Steelers), they will be playing the dolphins for the last playoff spot on the last game of the year(jets hold the tiebreaker over all of the above teams). The phrase, "Snowballs chance in hell" comes to mind.

I can already see it now. Everything listed above will happen. The jets will go up against Miami with full knowledge that a win puts them in the playoffs. And they'll be winning by 6 points with 2 minutes to go. And on 4th and 27, John Abraham will put his helmet into Jay Fiedler's chest and get roughing the passer. Or Ray Mickens will committ pass interference in the end zone on a hail mary with time expiring. Or Curtis Conway will drop the game winning touchdown that hit him in the chest while he was wide open in the end zone. Or 100 other things.

It's not gonna happen, but it could happen. Even though it won't happen. And you all better hope and pray it doesn't happen, because if it does, you'll never hear the end of it. But I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. Especially Vahok. And that's why I hate the god damned Jets.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Clangeddin
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Clangeddin » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:38 pm

I could see all of this potentially happening except the Jets beating the Patriots, so go ahead and kick back, have a beer, and look forward to next season.

Or maybe start shooting heroin, hell.
Clangeddin Silverbeard, Lord of the Twin Axes
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:50 pm

Muamman wrote:I could see all of this potentially happening except the Jets beating the Patriots, so go ahead and kick back, have a beer, and look forward to next season.

Or maybe start shooting heroin, hell.

Heh, that's the real kicker Muamman. By the time the Jets play the patriots, the pats will most likely have clinched the AFC East and homefield advantage. They'll be playing for nothing, and they are injury ridden, so it would probably be the Jets vs. the Patriots practice squad.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Clangeddin
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Clangeddin » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:06 pm

And here I thought I could get you shooting heroin.

*snap*
Clangeddin Silverbeard, Lord of the Twin Axes

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:00 pm

Thanuk, you have way too much time on your hands.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:26 pm

If the Broncos (who are favored by 3 over the Chiefs, what a joke) Lose 2 of their last 4 games...and they're playing the Chiefs, Packers, Browns and the Colts in the next 4 weeks, so its very possible, they finish at 9-7.

Thanuk, you're lucky you're a Jets fan, or I'd be insulted. Broncos are favourites for 3 reasons I can think of:

1. They lost the first game in KC by one stinking point. Curse you Hall you overrated, no talent bum. If you look up Hall in the dictionary you'll find the phrases "lucky as hell" and "Desmond Howard".

2. Jake Plummer is back, healthy, and playing well.

3. Game is in Denver, home record is still solid.

Anyways, Thanuk the Jets have as much chance of making the playoffs as Denver does...take it for what it is.

*waiting for the Draft, yet again...*[/i]
Meatshield
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:21 pm

Or they lose to the buffalo f***in bills.

Hooray for draft day!

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:25 pm

Hey, how about those Pats! 11-2 baby, after crushing Miami in the blizzard yesterday. Gotta love the safety at the end of the game to clinch the shutout.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:27 pm

Denver rules..enough said.

Those other chumps in AFC better hope the Broncos don't make it, or it could be lights out. Mind you, they still play Indy but after Portis destroyed those overrated Chiefs, I'm not too worried.

5 touchdowns in one game = sick!
Meatshield

Return to “General Discussion Archive”