To be or not to be, chaos christmas is the question.

Archived discussion from Toril-2.

Do you want Chaos Christmas (Dec 25th only) and Chaos New Years (Jan 1st only)?

Yes
53%
No
27%
Indifferent.
20%

Total votes: 74
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

To be or not to be, chaos christmas is the question.

Postby Shar » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:45 pm

Who wants it who dosent and why? :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:06 pm

imo,

1. it gets old.
2. it takes away from the chase to the top.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:20 am

Would be fun if we could LOOT the one we kill :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:41 am

The problem last time was that people had insane super abilities and hps. Just turn Pkill on, throw some artifacts around and let us lvl to 50. No teleport, super hps or any ability we want. Organize some teams or competitions
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:08 am

Agree with Tanji.. best chaos was the first one cause it was pretty simple. Turn on the pkill and load a few artis. Let people form teams and go after each other. Chaos sucks when you get your crew together and your going to ambush some evils, and some god teleports in and wipes you out. Thats not fun at all...

Might also want to load the artis in a fun place and let groups fight it out over who gets there first. For instance.. load up invasion in jot, put a bag full of artifacts in loki's room, and let everyone know its there. Not only do you need to kill off the zone to get your weapons.. you need to fend off attacks from other groups. That would be ub3r fun.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:33 am

Im all for simple choas, just sitting around and getting slaughterd every 5 sec and having hundreds of corpses in wd.. cuz tia loaded 1d from inn isnt fun. I think having a good vs evil, or guild vs guild chaos with no god intervention just turn on pk and loot would be fun. Prizes to the winning guild or team.. shrug

Another idea would be to like ultimate fighting, where once you die, you cant come back in.. and the team or group left standing gets the prize.
you can log back in to a !exit room just to see who is left and listen on guild chat of whats going on.. again no god intervention just pk and looting turned on.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:27 am

I'm all for handing out level 50 and equipment. Let people who are levelling up have fun with all of their spells and skills for a while.

Though if you're handing out equipment, please please please don't put a bunch of cursed, burning items in the bag. Nothing is more frustrating than doing a get all bag;wear all and seeing 7 items you can't equip. Except when the cursed items start burning you to death :)

Chaos is fun.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:36 am

Ok, so for the last few years Chaos Christmas has been "Imm's nuke every room in the mud, thus killing all morts"

Im with Tanji, tone it down a little.. FNAT was lame, don't make Chaos Christmas into one.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:49 pm

competitions would be great :)

imho chaos is no fun ... it seems that once the pkill flag gets turned on all people wanna do is senseless slaughter instead of organized groups

most of the fun of pkill is the hunt/race to escape ... load sweet items in rarely done zones and let us hunt eachother down ...

how bout a ctf type thing? setbit everyone to lvl 50 ... no eq ... and put a prize somewhere .... load artis, etc ... make us earn eq as we go (much like spob?)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:54 pm

chaos would be fun if it didnt get reset after a couple hours or something lame

if i could use chaos to get eq for my naked mage then yay, but since its all transient - whats the point
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:13 pm

I'm with corth on this one. Every year I get on for this and just sit in WD backstabing those that come by and then get handed to some wanker that got boosted up to 10k hps. It's really no fun when you know there is not really a way to kill these people. I'd love the guild competitions, and racing to lokie with a trail of evils wanting to not only kill FG's but also me and my band of merry men (me, daalgar, rylan), and women (lili, crumar, stamm). It would give purpose to the killing, and it would be up to our skills as players, and not the EQ/hps that where given to the special people who are good friends with a biased god.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:19 pm

If you're going to have pkill xmas and or new year, here's some ideas:

1. Add code so you don't forget spells when you die. Also remove the need for books to mem.
2. Restore all your hp and movement on reentry into game
3. Allow one free relocation (usage resets when you die) to anyone that's in your group. Can only be used a minute after you die.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:46 pm

Dalar wrote:If you're going to have pkill xmas and or new year, here's some ideas:

1. Add code so you don't forget spells when you die. Also remove the need for books to mem.
2. Restore all your hp and movement on reentry into game
3. Allow one free relocation (usage resets when you die) to anyone that's in your group. Can only be used a minute after you die.

4. No staff members killing mortals as godlevel staffed characters. If you don't have the balls to play a mort, or de-level your immort to mort level, and fight us on even terms, stay the hell up in the heavens. :P

5. No re-setting hps to godly levels or granting of abilities of other classes. No petitioning for mucho hits!

6. No loading Tiamat, or other uber mobs in hometowns. Get a life this is so freaking lame. :(

7. No loading cursed artifacts (like Ragorn said).

8. Put a fully loaded Tiamat into the game and let us get there as per normal, not mass god transit right on top of her just to mass death crash the MUD repeatedly. :P

9. No loading of Gond's chaingun or other instant kill all in the room immort weaponry.

10. (Personal request here) Make it so Evilrace can't Pkill Evilrace, and Goodrace can't pkill Goodrace, SO WE ACTUALLY HAVE SOME RACIAL WARS FOR ONCE IN THIS MUDS FREAKING HISTORY!!!! (And to stop ghey assed rogues who sit 1u and backstab everyone entering the game. :P) Get a freaking life Semat :P

So far the very first Chaos Xmas so very long ago was the best. The recent things have been utterly annoying. I have yet to vote in this poll.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:38 pm

Just do it for one day, not days

and sesexe has the best idea

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:40 pm

Sesexe wrote:10. (Personal request here) Make it so Evilrace can't Pkill Evilrace, and Goodrace can't pkill Goodrace

A huge part of Evil PK is samesiding.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:59 pm

I wonder if some of you might not be as averse to playing Duris as you think you are.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:01 pm

Ragorn wrote:I wonder if some of you might not be as averse to playing Duris as you think you are.

pkill was fun as hell ... the adrenaline rushes were GREAT ... but dunno if I like the idea of wipes as often as Duris wipes

nothing more fun than either finishing a zone, exiting and finding a bunch of evils waitin for ya :) or ... hunting them down and killing them, or raiding their hometowns :)

it's a real toss-up cause i also enjoy keeping a set of eq for a period of time :)
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:13 am

Chaos events are insane fun, make them for a couple of full days at least tho, to cater for all folks around the world to get on and have some fun.

Load lots of high level eq bags around the place, load transport portals at all fountains or something for easier transport.

Less cursed stuff, or make it so we can drop them during chaos, same with items that hurt those that cant use them etc like rags said.

Make any player able to be set to lvl 50 with max skills, but dont give selected players hero status/huge extra hps and stuff - make the boosts even for all.

Turn off assassinate and backstab or something to help with that issue .;)

More Chaos!
BEER
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:18 pm

Assassinate and backstab is how rogues fight. If ya gonna turn that off turn of bash archery and other spells too.

To make it fair fight

Nilan
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:39 pm

Honestly the less intervention the better, just turn on Pkill. Offer rewards to those teams/groups that survive. No teleporting, no super duper stats/hp/skills, no set stat weapons of +100/+100. Dont remove skills of backstab and assassinate. To avoid the issue though you might make Wd and DK sanctuary to give people a chance to enter the game and start.

I look forward to spending some time orginizing, and planning attacks, and just having fun.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:52 pm

well yeah, less intervention the better. I dont think its unfair to make everyone level 50 though, and make it so you can mem without spellbooks. Artifacts are always fun too, but they get out of hand really fast, some moderation is always fun.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:42 pm

Agree with Malia, offer a final prize (badge or something) for competitions between groups. This would make it really fun and something unique to do, everyone's already done the nonstop killing and dying thing of prior chaos.

ORGANIZED CHAOS!

Look forward to my daggers in your back, everyone!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:44 pm

If people seem to like racewars, why hasn't any quest god made another fight club since Malar's?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:23 pm

Because the staff who were working on racewars aren't up there anymore, as far as I know.
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:23 pm

No rewards. I think that would leave out some of the lower players
I like the idea of racewars.

Have some roms flagged as !kill rooms like the inn, guilds, and a few rooms spread out.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:29 pm

I like the portals all over the place idea. At the fountain in every HT, put a portal to every other HT Fountain. Then turn Justice off. Of course, the 15 evils that enter the portal and are met by the 100 goodies standing there.... wouldn't be much of a fight unless anyone can group together. Turn off grouping restrictions too (ie. group max limit, race, etc.)

Loading a horde of stuff on tiamat would be cool, also loading bags of eq on squirrels, rabbits, pods, esroh, all little mobs. In each bag put a "lvl 50 potion". No uber eq or artis unless it's on like tiamat or something. Everyone can be the same level with good eq, mages get auto scribe or books prescribed.

Load that chain gun on some mob in avernus. See who gets it first. Then give them 20 minutes to play with it.

Two gods make two teams of morts. Like picking for kick ball or something. Remove grouping restricts. Make a huge field with no exits. Put one group on one side, other on the other side, and let them have a war! Flag members of each teams with colored flags to tell who's who. Last side standing gets something to play with.

Or, give one team a city, have the other team invade.

Hmmm. I really like the war ideas....
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:12 pm

Played Basternae when it was CTF for a month, and that was most fun I've probably ever had mudding.

Set all mobs to 1/10 their level: i.e. level 50 = level 5 except for mobs 51+, leave them alone.

Set a pillar in wd and in dk to level a char to 50 with 1 touch.

No spellbooks/practicing required.

Put a flag in both those towns.

Enjoy much killing.

Was mucho enjoyable, and not all that twinky.

Also, recommend closing off the uber zones since people will just try to use the time to map those areas.

Shrug.

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:58 pm

Tasan wrote:Set all mobs to 1/10 their level: i.e. level 50 = level 5 except for mobs 51+, leave them alone.
T

i think something happened like this before where someone had an artifact and solo'd a new zone to get the directions for it. not a good idea imo.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:03 am

Gura wrote:
Tasan wrote:Set all mobs to 1/10 their level: i.e. level 50 = level 5 except for mobs 51+, leave them alone.
T

i think something happened like this before where someone had an artifact and solo'd a new zone to get the directions for it. not a good idea imo.

Tasan wrote:Also, recommend closing off the uber zones since people will just try to use the time to map those areas.
T
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:05 am

why not just setup a quaker server and frag each other over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:08 am

kiryan wrote:some stupid crap

OMG not a whole major holiday without mudding!

#sub {kiryan} {negative nancy}
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Joras
Sojourner

Chaos

Postby Joras » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:21 pm

There are a lot of good ideas floating around.. Having the Imms leave most things alone is a good start, throw on the PK Switch, and drop nasty EQ around or I was thinking just have everyone roll up a new character, back up the player file and start as a noob.. when you come in you are automaticly setup to level 50 with a couple bags of gear..

Another idea, don't know if it's possible but some how force the population to split.. Evil/Good And let the Racewars begin..

I like the ideas of Portals in HT's but just make it so evils and goods can all portal to the main city so they can group-regroup together faster. Say all Goodie town portals end up in Waterdeep, and all evil portals end up in DK, or what ever.

If the racewar option isn't done, then turn off the grouping restrictions.. keep the autoleveling to 50, put in portals to all HTs.. turn off justice and set group limts to 8 people or less and make large mobs targets for people to race too..

My 2cents
Joras
It's better to burn out then to fade away!
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:11 pm

All I want for Chaos Christmas is:

Autolevel to 50.
Artis in a few hard locals
low group limits 5-8 tops
Justice off
No god interventions, unless they are playing as a mortal

Getting a group together and hunting would be a lot of fun.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:20 pm

Hey hey, FNAT was not lame. It was good training for "impossible" fights.

Anyhow, I think most people are suggesting that we have a little order to go with our chaos ;)

:D

Hmm, I think it would be most interesting if we got not only CTF mod code, but everyone could load in a 300 room arena wherein each part of the terrain favored one particular class above others.

For example, there should be a part with masses of annoying agros, but teleportable, and that would favor mages to carry a flag through. Then there could be a silenced area with lots of highlevel agro golems, and that would be a prime place to use a rogue to sneak the flag through. That way the CTF theme would involve real teamwork.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:12 am

belleshel wrote:All I want for Chaos Christmas is:

Autolevel to 50.
Artis in a few hard locals
low group limits 5-8 tops
Justice off
No god interventions, unless they are playing as a mortal

Getting a group together and hunting would be a lot of fun.

Exactly.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:41 pm

Chaos Christmas will be held on December *26th*. this is the day *after* Christmas.

Chaos New Years will be held on January *2nd* this is the day *after* new years :)

Thanks for your input.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:42 pm

can u turn off all racial barriers those days
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”