It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:31 pm

YAY!

First REAL snowfall of the season last night and it's already 3 inches deep, as I write this I am looking past my monitor out the window (which encompasses the whole one wall of my bedroom) at the big fluffy snowflakes dancing in the updrafts.

I love the winter, now if only everyone doesn't forget how to drive today it'll be a great day. I can tell.

What do you love about the winter?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:39 pm

Crisp days that aren't yet bitter cold, where you can see your breath, a bright sun that tries to warm the world ...

Hot cocoa, cuddly blankets, and tomato soup with grille cheese sandwiches!

Christmas lights twinkling in the dusk as I come home from work ..

And cute little kids all bundled up in snowsuits, waddling cause they are so layered up :)
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:43 pm

Wierd side note, most petty type crime happens after the first major snowfall. Easy to hide things under a puffy winter jacket. I should know, I just had my back licence plate stolen.

I hate winter.
Meatshield
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:07 pm

Winter sucks. Bahumbug to the holiday season, and bahumbug to the snow that makes my car not want to stop when the brakes are applied. Bahumbug to the cold weather that makes me shiver when I get into my car. I hate winter.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Karae
Sojourner

Postby Karae » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:36 am

I like getting gifts for my friends and family. But seeing as this whole town that i live in is like in a depression and no one can find a job it kinda makes it hard without money. I mean even McDonalds isn't hiring and thats unheard of!

But the snow is cool, not as cool anymore since I'm going to college now, and it won't get canceled for snow at all.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:34 am

Lol, I like how people call 3 inches a 'real snowfall' :P
We're already having our second major nor'easter of the season. The one last weekend broke records for the biggest storm ever in december, with a lot of places around boston getting over 3 feet.

Oh and my senior year in college we had a snow day because most of the professors couldn't make it in. hahaha
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:05 am

Vahok wrote:Wierd side note, most petty type crime happens after the first major snowfall. Easy to hide things under a puffy winter jacket. I should know, I just had my back licence plate stolen.

I hate winter.

hahahahahahahahhaahh
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:20 am

rylan wrote:Lol, I like how people call 3 inches a 'real snowfall' :P
We're already having our second major nor'easter of the season.

I meant that we hadn't had any snow yet this year that stayed on the ground. Up until yesterday the temperature was like 12c then it dropped to -14c; normally at this time of year there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and come january the drifts are often 5-6 feet tall on boths sides of the sidewalk. X_x Gooooooooo lake-effect snow! And it's that heavy, packy snow that is great for snowballs and snowforts.

ps: I can see the lake from where I am sitting too :) I'll have to post a picture when I get my digicam back.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:31 pm

Living in Oklahoma means I'm very lucky to see a decent snowfall in the winter... "decent" meaning the snow actually sticks to the ground and isn't so sparse there are big, ugly patches everywhere. We got about 3 inches this weekend, and it was beautiful. I love the way the trees look when they're covered in snow. I hate ice storms, but the trees are also pretty when they're totally encased in ice right as the sun comes up in the morning.

Mmmmmmm, and I love hot apple cider in front of a toasty fireplace, or coffee laced with eggnog on a morning that smells like fresh snowfall.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:53 pm

thanuk wrote:
Vahok wrote:Wierd side note, most petty type crime happens after the first major snowfall. Easy to hide things under a puffy winter jacket. I should know, I just had my back licence plate stolen.

I hate winter.

hahahahahahahahhaahh

It's the rotten American influence on my nation's youth! Oh well, cost me $20 to get it back and I did meet a pretty hot policewoman...could have been worse I guess.

P.S. Thanuk, why does your mom wear a winter coat all year long? Oh shit, my bad, it's called a pelt in her case.
Meatshield
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:10 am

And so the zings begin.

"It's Christmas time
again
Time to be nice to the people you can't stand
all year
I'm growing tired of all this Christmas cheer."

-Blink 182, Won't be Home for Christmas
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:37 am

Holidays are for couples and children, and I turned in my membership cards a looooong time ago.
/bitter
-g
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
ssar
Sojourner

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Postby ssar » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:52 am

Iaiken Toransier wrote:YAY!
What do you love about the winter?

I love a cold winter morning..
When there is not a breath of wind, yet vast clouds stretch across the sky dropping a steady and silent blanket of large dry snowflakes.
And all around the shades of grey vary from dark and threatening to the palest of pale adding to the surreal and somewhat eerie feel to it all.
Trees and bushes strain under the weight of much overnight snowfall with distinct bright white coats, as the calls of the various birdlife echo all around with the onset of daylight.
Pockets of fog cling to low lying areas and drift ever so lazily through valleys and across mountain peaks.
The silence is almost palpable, yet exquisitely beautiful, and an absolute delight to behold calmly listening and just being.

Unfortunately, such a scene as I describe is very rare here.
And in any case, we have about half a year to wait for the winter.. Right now we are soon heading down to the local beach where the water (Apparently) is around 21 degrees C (which is very comfortable) for a nice refreshing swim.
BEER
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:37 am

i love how its cold and dark and dreary.

i love hearing everyone bitch about it.

i love to join in and pretend to bitch about it.

i love how the real world is hidden.

i love how the idiots stay away from the world and leave it to me.
Elisten
Sojourner

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Postby Elisten » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:04 pm

"I love a cold winter morning..
When there is not a breath of wind, yet vast clouds stretch across the sky dropping a steady and silent blanket of large dry snowflakes.
And all around the shades of grey vary from dark and threatening to the palest of pale adding to the surreal and somewhat eerie feel to it all.
Trees and bushes strain under the weight of much overnight snowfall with distinct bright white coats, as the calls of the various birdlife echo all around with the onset of daylight.
Pockets of fog cling to low lying areas and drift ever so lazily through valleys and across mountain peaks.
The silence is almost palpable, yet exquisitely beautiful, and an absolute delight to behold calmly listening and just being."

How can anyone compete with that?? :)

8) Love, Eli
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:39 pm

Mogr owned us all. I admit it.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”