Cordan
Sojourner

Presidential Candidates!

Postby Cordan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:51 pm

Who would you vote for?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:54 pm

George is way out ahead in this pull 100% of the 1 surveyed voters would vote for GWB!
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:00 pm

didn't see Mickey mouse on the list :(
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:09 pm

Um, he's the one everyone is voting for. ;)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:24 pm

lol Dick Cheney? Hes the veep dude :P

Now the scary thing is I think Al Sharpton would probably do better than Dean in the national election. Dean is positioning himself so far to the radical left that he can't get elected by anyone but the liberal democrat primary voters.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:34 pm

WTH? You people want to re-elect the Dubbyuh? I swear, the amount of crack some people smoke really deteriorates their decision making skills. I'll be voting for clark.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:02 am

Lol Kifle, I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you're smoking crack by mentioning clark. :P
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:17 pm

kifle doesn't realize that voting for clark is just as good as voting for bush. silly people who think that getting the most votes means you win.

i won't be voting unless arnold himself runs. but remember - the demolition man prophecy! we have to vote for someone who can change the constitution to let arnold take over the country.

can i get an oh hell yeah!?!
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:37 pm

Rylan, you think everything is really far left.

You're a crazy redneck alarmist.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:08 pm

Heh, like Bush or hate him, you don't honestly believe any of these other goons would do a better job, do you? Not that it matters, since most of you who talk a big game about what an idiot/fascist/whatever he is probably won't vote anyways:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:12 pm

Vote Cthulhu.

Why go for the lesser of the evils. Lets go with the evilest fricking thing out there.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:27 pm

Mitharx wrote:Rylan, you think everything is really far left.
You're a crazy redneck alarmist.

Lol Mitharx. I live in Massachusetts, where almost everything _is_ really far left. If the media was biased to the right I would bitch about it also.. they're supposed to report the news and not slant it towards how they want people to perceive it, thats what editorials are for. About the only media source that is towards the right are a lot of the radio talk shows (except for NPR), but those are all editorial type shows anyway so thats ok. But don't worry, theres a nice backhanded movement to destroy talk radio too. Do some research on the so-called 'fairness doctrine' for broadcast media and you'll see what I mean.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:30 pm

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Vote Cthulhu.

Why go for the lesser of the evils. Lets go with the evilest fricking thing out there.

rofl..my old roommate had that bumpersticker

Vote Cthulhu
Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:34 pm

Bush is a bad vote because he's a dishonest guy. Granted, all politicians are dishonest, but I think he's the top seed for "Who has the least respect for our intelligence?" He tells us Iraq has WMD and that we need to invade despite vehement denial by most middle eastern countries. Meanwhile North Korea is hopping up and down saying "we have WMD and we're pointing them at you, 3nj0y". Bush says we need to talk to N Korea, but invade Iraq because of the possibility.

Then he has "reliable intelligence". One source isn't reliable intelligence. One foreign source isn't reliable intelligence. One foreign source that was opposed by one of OUR OWN CIA OPERATIVES while they were in the country that the intel supposedly came from. Oddly enough soon after the big scandle that person's cover was blown and they were extracted.

Unfortunately some people are gonna be like "sure, he lied to us, but getting rid of saddam was good!" yea, how many post-war casualties?..tell that to all my friends that are getting blown up because Bush wanted to flex his nuts.

Oh, but Al Qaeda was being financed by Iraq, because Osama and Saddam are tight. Whatever.

He told us he'd find weapons of mass destruction, when he didn't he just shrugged his shoulders. It's been a political war since day 1, they've played on the patriotism of all the soldiers that went over there and didn't reward a fucking one of them. Company commanders' are getting silver stars for being in charge of a guy who took three rounds and charged a near ambush, that son of a bitch Bremer stands up in front of a crowd of people proudly proclaiming "We got him." Where are the 4th ID and SF guys that did get him?..they should be getting the credit, not some suit who "survived an Ambush"

Sorry, turning this a little too much into an "Anti-War" rant. The point is Bush will lie to your face, and laugh about you believing him. At least the others would be kind enough to make it APPEAR as if they are out for your better interests.

As far as clark goes, he's been a politician from the get. He wasn't popular amongst the army population, everyone knew he was a politician, he had 4 star generals threatening to beat him up because he kept showing up on CNN talking about operations in the Balkans that were potentially compromising to the troops there.

I think at this point I'd vote for Sharpton. I think the last election should at least motivate us to vote. It should also motivate us all to research all these presidential candidates so that we don't let their bullshit commercials decide which one we want to vote for.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:38 pm

You ever think that maybe Bush was given misinformation? That the millitary wanted to invade? Or possibly there were WMD but due to their nature their existance is being kept secret?
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:51 pm

Ensis:

Unfortunately some people are gonna be like "sure, he lied to us, but getting rid of saddam was good!" yea, how many post-war casualties?..

Compared to how many bodies in Iraqi mass graves?

I mostly agree with what you are saying here, I intend to vote against Bush next election. I just haven't decided who to vote FOR yet.

However, I think Bush accidentally brought some good into this world by getting rid of Saddam. I was saying that even before the war. He did the right thing for the wrong reasons... but it was still the right thing.

Mynazz:

Damned squid names...

You ever think that maybe Bush was given misinformation? That the millitary wanted to invade? Or possibly there were WMD but due to their nature their existance is being kept secret?

Nope. Doesn't matter what their nature is, finding and announcing them would give Bush the election without fail. He'd announce, hell... I'd be surprised if he doesn't "find" WMD's within the next couple months.

A friend of mine even thinks he started the war entirely as a popularity gaining move for the next election. I'm not sure I believe that, but it's certainly possible.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:10 pm

I'm curious why people think that only Bush believe there were WMDs in Iraq, when the UN (including France, Germany, Russia etc) all said that Iraq had them before we invaded.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:36 pm

Ensis wrote:Oh, but Al Qaeda was being financed by Iraq, because Osama and Saddam are tight. Whatever.

Saddam's regime paid large sums of money (25k I think) to families of successful suicide bombers in Israel. I believe this story was ran by CNN.

Is it that far of a stretch to think he wouldn't give money or resources to organizations who conduct terror operations against US targets considering he was far more outspoken in his hatred for the US than he was of Israel?

You can attack Bush point by point and demonstrate how he lied and distorted the "facts" in order to support his decision, but can you dispute the fact that Saddam and Osama needed to go?

now stfu about how you were misinformed to outright lied to in the most insigificant ways.

new topic:

how we get misinformed to outright lied to by companies marketing their products on a daily basis.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:23 pm

i'd like to see dennis leary be president
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:38 pm

Lots of things.

I'm not gonna dispute that any of you have the right to view him either way, I'm not attacking whether you vote for him or not.

As far as bush being Misinformed, like I said, he was misinformed by one british report saying that the Iraqi government was trying to buy spent fuel rods from an African country. Gathering intelligence is like reasonable doubt. Especially when you're talking about going to war. They should have been sure.

Bush went to war on a Technicality. Was he right?..technically, yes. Saddam was given a deadline that wasn't met, and Bush used a claus in the UN resolution to go to war.

Why did he use the claus?..Was Saddam Threatening us?.. he doesn't have ICBM's. Was Saddam heading up the terror effort?.. He offered 25k to suicide bomber families. Find the statistics of how many of those suicide bombers reached the US, and how many of them were connected to Al Qaeda.

It's a well known fact that during a time of war the President's approval rating goes up. The initial outcry against Bush has tamed since, mostly because protesting doesn't do anything, he'll do what he wants when he wants anyways.

Saddam's capture being some kind of global celebration is ridiculous. His army being overthrown was the end of his reign, even if he was still at large there is nothing he could do. Terror cells exist independently and receive orders from multiple sources. It's nigh-impossible to get rid of them. If Osama croaked tomorrow there would be someone else to make phone calls and send emails.

Body counts?..yea we killed a lot of Iraqis compared to our losses. We also have an undermanned occupying force in Iraq trying to quell terror attacks. Bush and Rumsfield say from thousands of miles away "we wont back down" from their comfortable chairs, and wont increase a force that is 1/10th the size his father sent during the last invasion. Note that with that enormous force Bush SR was still scared to invade Iraq because of the possibilities of a Guerrilla war.

Take into account other little snippets his administration has pulled off: Cheney's Ex-company coming up as the main breadwinners for the Iraq reconstruction, who have been ripping us off from the get.

You can say Bush is ballsy for what he does, you can say what needed to be done got done and I'll totally agree with you. I just don't agree that he's doing it for our best interests. I think he's a fratboy that wants to be top dog.
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Iyachtu » Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:39 pm

Ensis, the technicality was this:

In 1991, Saddam agreed to a peace contingent on him allowing UN Inspectors access to his country, to supervise the destruction of his WMDs. These WMDs were believed to be in existence for several reasons, the chief among them the fact that he had previously used them.

From that point onward, as soon as the elder Bush was no longer president, Saddam refused to cooperate with the UN weapons inspectors, culminating in the 1998 action (taken by the inspectors) of the cessation of inspections, on the grounds that they could not perform their activities under those conditions.

That is a violation of an armistice agreed to by the head of the Iraqi government. If the other party in the armistice wishes, they can respond to this identically to an attack made on their people or possessions.

The technicality is that we were still at war with his country, and he wasn't cooperating. If he didn't have WMDs he's the dumbest son-of-a-bitch alive for not cooperating with the inspectors.

The alternative, continuing sanctions, proposed by the European powers would have simply continued to starve innocent Iraqi civilians... apparently forever, as the Europeans simply wont' authorize the use of force, even in the most heinous of situations (see Bosnia).
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:38 am

Kossuth for President!
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:51 pm

I agree with voting for the demon listed above (no, I will not attempt to spell his name or that crazy squid).

Rylan, my statement was mostly random and I stand by it. I don't appreciate your attempt to use "facts" or "truths" to disprove my randomness.

You're also a hippie.

We should all make a pact to vote for Shevarash. I bet he beats out some badly organized liberal candidate.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:31 am

Moooorrrrriiiiii for prez!

Remember, a vote for Mori is a vote to solve the population problem.
Last edited by moritheil on Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:56 am

mynazzaraxxsyn wrote:Vote Cthulhu.

"Our Great Leader is greatly opposed to nuclear weapons in the possession of others, because the melting of human flesh, and mass destruction, are not mortal rights."

CTHULHU FOR PRESIDENT!
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition

Return to “General Discussion Archive”