Chaos Christmas 12am EST, Dec 26th

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Chaos Christmas 12am EST, Dec 26th

Postby Shar » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:24 am

CHAOS CHRISTMAS will begin at 12am est, December 26th. We will have 24 full hours of chaos.

***please note, NOTHING done in chaos is permanant. Have fun, don't worry and above all else, remember this 24 hours is for *fun*. :)

There will be very minimal god interaction. Gods will not be killing everyone without thought, nor will gods be handing out bags of eq, nor will gods be leveling everyone up or setting skills to max.

We will be putting very desireable eq (read artifacts and more) on mobs within zones. It is a free-for-all type chaos. We have removed the need for spellbooks and group size limits (for chaos only).

All zones will be loaded durring chaos so, have at them. All kinds of fun eq will be spread throughout several zones making chaos even more fun for the high-end gamers.

If you are not a high-end gamer (aka "elite", by some) you can still enjoy chaos! take the time to explore areas you've never been in and kill kill kill!

Remember, chaos is not permanent. It is all about a change of pace, but that does not mean you can break basic rules! We don't want to have to intervene with players, so keep it above the belt!

Enjoy. See if you notice any of the slight changes with Chaos that are different than previous chaos'.

Happy holidays.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:35 am

8)

So there will be mobs with the old roots belt, gormal's crown and torin's hammer on them?
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:19 pm

< 1104h/1159H 118v/118V P: std > You sense someone behind you, but before you can turn to look you feel a sharp crack in your neck and your world goes black...

Corpse looted. Game over for Stamm.

I'll wait till chaos finishes I guess.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:58 pm

Can I suggest if you want to make anything at all of chaos that you make arena death apply to everyone on the mud and have us pop at our guildmasters with our equipment, and reload the mud from the stored pfiles?
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:42 pm

Was fun playing for an hour or so... Invading WD and just mindlessly slaying all in the city :)
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:14 pm

yes yes the rux knocked a few heads in this raid as well!

good raid jeggy.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:10 pm

Stamm wrote:Can I suggest if you want to make anything at all of chaos that you make arena death apply to everyone on the mud and have us pop at our guildmasters with our equipment, and reload the mud from the stored pfiles?

k, then what's the point of it then if there's no gain or loss?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:23 pm

It's difficult to have fun, or to be reckless when you're in Mithril Hall with no equipment, and no way to get any equipment.

And there is no point to chaos, that's supposed to be part of the fun, nothing is lost or gained at the end of it.

My problem is that for me and at least a couple of other people, they got whacked very shortly after they logged on to the game by assassinate, and there's now nothing to do.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:31 pm

Plan better? Don't meet in the inn where any sane person knows a rogue will most likely be hiding?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:36 pm

It is a bit late for that now, I had no idea that assassinate would work on PCs.

As well as that, the very last words on the login message are 'be reckless'. Hardly :P
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:55 pm

Nog. Yeah. Who would have thought one of the main skills rogues have would be useable. Nog. Oh well!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:27 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Plan better? Don't meet in the inn where any sane person knows a rogue will most likely be hiding?

hard to plan when you enter the game at the inn and get aread ...

pkill does not work this way ... sure there is purging .. but not like this ... I HEARTILY applaud Elders for their planning ... THAT is how I see pkill .. hunting parties, not mindless slaughter in hometowns ...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:21 am

Stamm wrote:< 1104h/1159H 118v/118V P: std > You sense someone behind you, but before you can turn to look you feel a sharp crack in your neck and your world goes black...

Corpse looted. Game over for Stamm.

I'll wait till chaos finishes I guess.

bah stamm i would have hooked u up.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:18 am

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Nog. Yeah. Who would have thought one of the main skills rogues have would be useable. Nog. Oh well!

Oh f*ck off.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:21 am

Stamm wrote:
Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Nog. Yeah. Who would have thought one of the main skills rogues have would be useable. Nog. Oh well!

Oh f*ck off.

Refer to my sig.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:35 am

So you're calling me a cynic?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:37 am

8)

I had fun killing people and duckponding their loot.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:43 am

Nope, I'm saying you totally ignored the obvious that nothing would be done about assassinate, and in turn I pointed that out to you, for which you told me to screw off, in other terms of course. So, you can view what I said as being as me acting the part of a cynic if you prefer.

But, now I just do it to poke fun.

Stamm OOC: 'On Boxing Day (26th). There will be Toril Chaos. And as I am very sure you realise....we have been, we always will be The Best Guild around'

yawn.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:48 am

I have enjoyed every single chaos I've been involved with for a long time, on different muds with the Sojourn codebase.

I've enjoyed pk on Duris, for quite a long time.

I just happened to think that this chaos was not any fun for me.

Today I learned that a rogue could kill and loot me, and completely kill all potential of chaos fun by just sneaking in to the room and typing one command.

I live and learn.

My point was that by the time I had learned, it was far too late, I was in Mithril Hall, with no equipment and as far as I was concerned chaos was over for me.

And the last thing I need when I'm drunk is some smug prick gloating about how great it is that I'm not enjoying myself.

So a nice warm mug of f*ck you Arilin, whoever you are.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:59 am

Yeah, it wasn't that fun owning everyone repeatedly. Gets boring after awhile.

As for who I am, Thalidyrr, and many others. Enjoy!
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:58 am

Next year perhaps we could not have Chaos like we were promised last year, but since it seems inevitable, could it be for only 8 or 12 hours?

It's obvious that a few people get off on being asses to everyone/ don't get it that they take it too far/can't leave people who don't want to be involved alone, and it's obvious some people take it way too seriously/personally/whatever.

Some how the idea of causing selfishness and strife for Christmas just seems wrong.

If you can't get your Kum-bye-yaya's off in 8 hours, you need to take some time away and see a shrink.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:57 am

ROFL. If anyone took anything personal during Chaos xmas, they need to remember it's just one day of killing that has no affect on the future. I'm not mad at the guys who tried to kill me. I do give props to the ones who actually did a good job in it. Well, one. Kiyre :P
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:52 am

The thing is, whether you think something is fun, you very well could be the cause of someone elses stress/anguish/whatever. Sadly, there are a few people who realize and relish in that.

Chaos does nothing but cause hard feelings, whether right or wrong, and really should be scaled back or gotten rid of.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:30 pm

Stamm wrote:
Stamm OOC: 'On Boxing Day (26th). There will be Toril Chaos. And as I am very sure you realise....we have been, we always will be The Best Guild around'

Yayaril wrote:I had fun killing people and duckponding their loot.

Stamm wrote:It's difficult to have fun, or to be reckless when you're in Mithril Hall with no equipment, and no way to get any equipment.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:35 pm

Oh sure, you say you got bored smiting people as they logged on, but I had to lay out 15 or 16 Elmos corpses before you guys stopped and even then you just left.

Maybe you're all dominatrixes.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:42 pm

On a more serious note, I'd like to thank the gods for having Chaos Christmas this year, in particular Shev, who spent a good portion of his Christmas night fixing code for us, and others like Eilistraee for loading/hiding artifacts all over. Good job guys, thanks for the hard work.

To all of you who are bitching, go read the poll Shar put up. They gave us EXACTLY what we asked for. I didn't get purged by any immortals, I got to play with some artifacts. You have no right to complain. If chaos isn't your thing, well, you can make it 1 day without mudding.

To the people who were renting/duckponding eq, congratulations, you ruined it for everyone. You should be real proud of yourselves. Nothing beats taking eq out of circulation so nobody can have any fun! Woohoo! You get the Tien award!

Much props to Jalahon, who almost smited us all in jot. Comforts to Liganes, who had 1 assassinate vs. a group of 13 people, and decided to waste it on the warrior:)

If you do another chaos for january 2nd, i think you should do it the other way. Artifacts and bags of eq everywhere. Everyone is level 50. Immortals purging people at random. No corpses, when you die your eq hits the ground. Turn off assassinate(sorry rogues, i know its your skill, but its a cheap skill. Backstab is as good as assassinate 90% of the time anyway) and let it ride. I had a blast.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:15 pm

dude :p, i assasinated you cause i lured ancient white dragon and plow dragon :p
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:31 pm

thanuk wrote:To all of you who are bitching, go read the poll Shar put up. They gave us EXACTLY what we asked for. I didn't get purged by any immortals, I got to play with some artifacts. You have no right to complain. If chaos isn't your thing, well, you can make it 1 day without mudding.

Glad you are the one who decides if a complaint is legit or not. Unless I misread/got the wrong poll, a good number of 'what we asked for' didn't happen. There were, after all, some of us that didn't want it at all. Also, if you look at the list of what Chaos was and wasn't gonna be (the top of this very page), it seems the 'wasn'ts' slipped in anyway.

thanuk wrote:To the people who were renting/duckponding eq, congratulations, you ruined it for everyone. You should be real proud of yourselves. Nothing beats taking eq out of circulation so nobody can have any fun! Woohoo! You get the Tien award!

It is because of those very people we shouldn't have this event. Anything that encourages people to go out and screw people over doesn't need to be here, especially this time of year.

I really didn't care about the chaos, because I was able to avoid it until someone decided to give everyone trans, and people decided to trans to me and kill me.

By doing that, it made it impossible to explore new areas, etc' like the lowbies were supposed to be able to. I will say that with the exception of 1 person, when I told them to leave me alone I was gating prime to see new stuff, they did. Funny thing is, the 1 missed both times and Aristan? trans'd in and killed him in attack lag.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:00 am

Does anyone know how the turnout was for Chaos, relative to a 'normal' MUD day?

My sense was that the turnout was fairly poor. At one point we had a hard time both forming raiding parties and finding people to raid even when we did have people. It got boring, so I logged off.

It was cool to see those funky artifacts again though. It's amazing to me how flexible the code is sometimes. Kudos to the admins who obviously worked hard on making Chaos come to life again.
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:42 am

I want to add to the thanks. Chaos christmas was fun. It is nice to get one day a year to try out the crazy uniques, artifacts, and relics of near forgotten eras again. It was a well planned event with a good structure with gods putting some items out there on mobs to be recovered.

If you have a complaint, first admit that alot of work was done to setup Chaos Christmas. From there, give possible solutions to your complaints rather than just the complaints. Good examples: portals leading to wd in all the hometowns or loading a basic high lvl eq set into bags. Someone else mentioned leveling everyone to level 50.

In conclusion, great job!

Imis

PS I have a new respect for Constriction, thanks Mirlantharn :)
"Wondrous is the strength of cheerfulness, and its power of endurance -- the cheerful man will do more in the same time, will do it better, will preserve it longer, than the sad or sullen."
-- Thomas Carlyle
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:43 am

I found that chaos to be the most fun I have ever participated in. Being able to actually do a zone like jot during chaos and fighting off little attacks was an absolute blast. Much better than when people are getting transed all over the place insta smiting you with silly skills. Actually hunting for artifacts was great fun too! :)
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:35 pm

I killed Trolls for fun with Arti.

Ask me if I like Chaos.

Ask Ruxur if he ate my earthquake.

Arti pwns <-----JOOOO-------

Return to “General Discussion Archive”