Old Players? ('95-'97)

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Rytnor
Sojourner

Old Players? ('95-'97)

Postby Rytnor » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:20 pm

Is there already a thread for players from old incarnations of Toril/Sojourn? I was fairly active 95-97 and am looking to find some of my old buddies...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:03 am

I played around 95 or so, but I don't recognize the name...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:56 am

was Shalia back then

dont recognize the name either but hi!
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:14 am

*shrug* played Toril 96-97. Got Branthur to 50 about a month before shutdown...other than that just played Malrath (barb warrior) but never got him about 35 if memory serves.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:37 pm

Rytnor... I think that rings a bell.

Back in 1995 timeframe I was Noc the human sorcerer
... Followed by Noke the Half-Elf Bard
... and finally Nokie the Halfling locksmith!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:43 pm

I was Rylan since back in 95 :P
I just didn't play on the Sojourn2 incarnation very much.
Grizz
Sojourner

Postby Grizz » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:42 pm

Nymbel - Ranger
Fror Thunderforge - Warrior
Dohrum Foambeard - Warrior
Nurok - Thief
Mogan: Paladin, Human(Active)

In the immortal words of Tagad, "F**K IT! CHARGE!"
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:57 pm

Not sure I reconize the name. Had too many alts back then but 95% of my time was on me. Didn't play soj2 tho.
Asamoth Matsuki - Husband of Liyesha
Red Wizard of Thay
Zulkir of Thay
the Flux - Crimson Sigil
High Wizard Eye Aeternum
Planewalker -=Riders Of Twilight=-
-=Ephemeral=- Darkstorm Rising
-Planeswalker- Scions of Netheril
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:07 am

I was Lavey back then. Pretty much the only name that I used that had any recognition.

Human monk et al.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:24 am

Used to be Silverast, Grey Sorc (Invoker on Soj2)... Still around mostly as Talsor or Saerian :) Name is a little familiar but cant really remember from so long ago....
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:43 pm

Rytnor was a barb warrior i think? Or a human cleric. Probably barb warrior.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:56 pm

Welcome back to the fold.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:13 am

I played for a short while upto 1995, my roomate was Rainmaker then a forger. I played as Ekikal a Assassin but never made it past 20th even then people wanting to group didn't exist unless you were in a certain click of people.

Lost track of Rainmaker over the years, he started a bbs called Paradox Online, and made his own Mud for awhile, then ran a The 4th Coming server but later Vircom bought up all the licenses so he stopped running that. Beyond that I do not know where in the folds of the Online community he disappeared been a good 5 years now. Perhaps he plays? This was one spots to hang around.

The stricter name standards where not quite in yet at that time, I also had an alt named Demenshia. (Not very RP like I know).

Had a few people I wish I could find again nowdays but highly doubt they play anymore :( .. Thyme and Divinity
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:55 am

I played back then. For the most part Vigis was a little guy. Had a merc named Ralastan, but Vigis was always the flagship.

Good to see people from a long time ago coming back. Maybe even Vigis will live again. . .

Enjoy the game and recruit more poeple :) It never hurts to have newbie come here for the first time. I would suggest though that helpers are allowed into the newbie zone. I remember when I first logged onto this game, a friend of mine told me to stand at the fountain (Barb hometown was still WD) and shout for anybody willing to help a new player) A lvl 25 dorf helped me out (at the time lvl 25 was HUGE to me) and showed me the ins and outs. We don't see that anymore, NHC is a great idea, but it becomes alot more impersonal just answering questions rather than taking a level 3 warrior out of WD and having a heart attack when he tries to kill a deer.

This should all probably go into a different thread, but my 2 cents.
Raluen
Sojourner

Postby Raluen » Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:35 pm

Just checked back after several years of being away (haven't played more than once or twice since late '99). I started back in '96. Played Vruar (conj) and Urghug (troll warrior). Had a few others as well (Vomar, Carastil, Thruar and I'm sure some others that I've forgotten). Just checked back in to see how Toril was faring now. I may have to come back and bring Urghug back to life, now that I'm finally sick of evercrack.
thruar
Sojourner

Postby thruar » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:10 pm

Raluen wrote: Played Vruar (conj) and Urghug (troll warrior). Had a few others as well (Vomar, Carastil, Thruar and I'm sure some others that I've forgotten).

Pretty sure one of your characters is not Thruar, coz then who am I? Heh heh
Raluen
Sojourner

Postby Raluen » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:35 am

Pretty sure one of your characters is not Thruar, coz then who am I? Heh heh

hehe. Was something similar to that. It's been too long (and too many beers) and I rarely played that char. I just remember it was a barb shaman I only got up to about 20 or so then quit playing him. TRUNDAR! That's what it was. Must have just had your name stuck in my head from seeing it in game and having just typed Vruar. Started that shaman then realized the name was real close to someone I used to group with a bunch (Rundra, I believe it was....apparently my memory sucks though so I could be wrong....I just remember his main he started playing later that more people probably remember him as.... Revenki the necro). As soon as I realized how close it was to the other char's name, it just annoyed me too much to play him any more.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:23 am

I've mostly only been Jurdex (barb warrior) and Dornax (dwarf cleric).. but I did play at that time period..

Rytnor, sounds familiar. I believe you were a human monk?

Dornax
Jurdex
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:18 am

If I remember correctly he was a dorf cleric. One of the better ones too. But my memory is pretty lousy :)

Good to see you back Rytnor

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:23 am

I was Mamoru, other than that I don't remember much. Too much alcohol. :/
Rytnor
Sojourner

Postby Rytnor » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:06 pm

Wow. So many names I remember.

Rytnor was a barb warrior - I'm surprised someone remembered. ;) I had a few incarnations as Gryntok, Ryntok, etc. - one of them was a dwarven cleric.

I do remember Branthur, and Nokie - in most of your incarnations. Silverast, Thruar and Dalar are also a familiar names. Jurdex/Dornax - Did you hang with Lestion/Trogar and crew? Corth - good to see you again. :)

I pretty much tried every class up to mid/late 30s and got 3 main characters into high 40s (Rytor/Rytnok/umm... can't remember the 3rd). I wasn't able to play as regularly as others, so I didn't have a hardcore group going. As such, I tapped into groups who needed auxiliary power and played the transient.

I just started a human cleric - Pimloren. I'll be wandering around at some point. Say hi if you're bored (or I'll just tug your sleeve). ;)
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:21 am

Aloha, welcome back...
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:29 pm

Hmm, i played Balaire, Tegas, Delmair, Aedin, and Dunbek. Human assassin, human assassin, human anti, human sorc, and dwarf warrior, in that order =P Cant say these names ring a bell, but i got banned in 97 or 98 for awhile... was a long time ago =P
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:07 pm

Well I played quite extensively during that time. But I was Werg (Troll Warrior) and you probably didn't have much contact with ugly ole me.
-W3rgy
Kyse
Sojourner

Postby Kyse » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:35 pm

Anyone remember Kyse? Or my old friend Grenan?
And what's torils address these days? Last I heard It shut down. :(
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:48 pm

Heh i remember Grenan :)
addy is torilmud.dyndns.org port 9999
not sure of the ip addy..
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:56 am

Rytnor wrote:Wow. So many names I remember.

Rytnor was a barb warrior - I'm surprised someone remembered. ;) I had a few incarnations as Gryntok, Ryntok, etc. - one of them was a dwarven cleric.

I do remember Branthur, and Nokie - in most of your incarnations. Silverast, Thruar and Dalar are also a familiar names. Jurdex/Dornax - Did you hang with Lestion/Trogar and crew? Corth - good to see you again. :)

Ah, well, I was totally off then, but your name was familiar. And aye, I did play with Trogar, Corth, Lestion, Verarb, Altan, Tol, Gbiran, Kelendil, and many others around that time. :)

Dornax
Jurdex
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:34 pm

Kyse wrote:Anyone remember Kyse? Or my old friend Grenan?
And what's torils address these days? Last I heard It shut down. :(

Kyse Littlecoyote .. apparently you found it! hugs and welcome back! and Grenan .. hrrm havent seen him in ages .. hrrm hrrm

-Jenlea
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:54 pm

back on toril 1 i was known as myricamas the dwarf warrior...

unless i grouped with you more than once... then i was known as merry christmas

Rarlaj
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:58 am

That's awesome.

Uh . . . I have a nickname, but, well . . .

Anyhow, it's funny how hard it is to remember names after a long time. I mean, I know the people that I grouped with a ton, mostly, but I always feel like I'm certain there are more I've met and should remember.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
BreninLlewyd
Sojourner

Postby BreninLlewyd » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:02 pm

eeeeek I see an Asamoth!

Hello to all y'all. :) I recognize a lot of old faces. I was Brenin Llewyd, a human necromancer, way back in the day of Sojourn. Sometime after that I ended up being an admin as Yurtrus, and then as Ilmater.

Nice to see this place is still alive 'n kickin!

Bren

ps - silverast! rawr!
Wulv
Sojourner

Postby Wulv » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:38 pm

I played Toril/Sojourn back around 93-95...

I was Jnar (Barbarian Conj) in Order of the Wyrm

Or Rifner (Human Cleric)...

ANyways...I just recently started playing again...

HUZZZAH!!!
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:56 pm

I played Sojourn/Toril (from just afterSojourn Beta pwipe to the end). Had some chars, mut mostly played as Artmar Whiteraven (barbarian shaman)
Trinak
Sojourner

Postby Trinak » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:00 am

I used to be here way back in the day. I had a Duregar warrior named Vraakulinar, and my monk was Trinak.

I'm playing a shaman named Javik at the moment.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:04 am

Wife and I are still around and kickin. Play(ed) Sylvos back then, she played Rayj. Lot of folks knew me as Thuro back then too.

Course now I play Sylvos and Lintral, and used to play Ashemiem. Can generally find Rayj around as Teej :)

Sylvos Winteraven
Klandal
Sojourner

Brenin

Postby Klandal » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:39 am

OMG! FISTANDANTALIS!!! Brenin, where the hell you been? lol (Schmooides from ThePointBBS)

My first was Rostam Redimere, a ranger who was later forced to change name and become Rylore.

Also made Turji, barb warrior fairly far back during Toril. And Klandal, sorcerer, near the end of Toril.

Skipped S2. Came back during S3 as Turji. Then made Klandan, barbarian shaman, and several other characters now.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:54 am

Ladak ... RAR
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:09 pm

BreninLlewyd wrote:eeeeek I see an Asamoth!

Hey Brenin, long time no see heh.
Asamoth Matsuki - Husband of Liyesha

Red Wizard of Thay

Zulkir of Thay

the Flux - Crimson Sigil

High Wizard Eye Aeternum

Planewalker -=Riders Of Twilight=-

-=Ephemeral=- Darkstorm Rising

-Planeswalker- Scions of Netheril
Calithan
Sojourner

Postby Calithan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:41 am

Back in '97 I played chars such as Savaric, but as my brother (Kalithan 35th pal) was a larger mudder then myself back in '97 I have decided to continue on his legacy and stick with the Calithan name :). (yea i know i'm making it sound all dramatic and stuff).
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:50 pm

I played a barb warrior named Tulta way back in they day, 94 I think it was.
Never got past 38 and then I think I got deleted because I was ultra noob and broke ooc rules. Shortly after that, Jenera the paladin came in, I got her to 40, got bored with paladins. Played some other characters. In Soj2, I rolled up Jenera the invoker and I've been an invoker ever since.
Calithan
Sojourner

Postby Calithan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:20 am

*BUMP*

Invokers Rock! :D
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:50 am

Waelos here! (well, was then. old KoL member / Oath of Galistel) Now I'm Weylarii / Welwyrii (ranger/warrior)

Was Ryntor also Kyntor? *scratch*

Anywho! Welcome back =)

The Lost

Oh yea! Anyone remember who also used the title 'the Lost'? I sorta had it bequeathed on me cuz of being Waelos(t) and a ranger and all. I'll give you a hint: He used to have a part in a section of the old newsletter/webpage Mystra used to publish!

the Lost ! ;)
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:15 pm

Nokie wrote:... Followed by Noke the Half-Elf Bard

I was Thimon the BattleBard. I wanted to be as bad ars as Noke. I leveled to 23 and then I got deleted by Mystra. I had the nerve to multi by logging on a storage and giving everything I had on him to some new guy. Apparently it was bad to have 2 chars just below the inn. Then I leveled to 23 again and got site banned by Mystra. One of her underlings accused me of running a group of 5 robots plus my self. The funny part was I was logged on using a dumb terminal at the time. I was typing everything because I didn't have access to any kind of program like ZMUD. That is why nobody knows the story of Thimon the BattleBard.

Hi Noke! :D
deidrit
Sojourner

hey all

Postby deidrit » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:25 am

I'm also from 93-97 timeframe, I was deidrit svendre, head druid and zone leader for eye aeternum for quite a while... Also the first weller and doomer of that wipe. I remember sylvos, asamoth, nokie, silverast of course very well. I happened to bump into a crimson sigil guy as well while on the mud today, they are still in contact irl. (kurz averyn lloric etc) Gonna contact them through aim and maybe meet up with them later on since they live close to me.

Anyway good to see some familar faces :)
My current char is a level 35 grey elven rogue. Who knows, if khanjari are actually going to stay as they are i might reroll to human eventually.

My other chars from back then were Madoshi (level 48 antipal) and faine (level 43 assassin) As madoshi i had the pleasure to RP with Haemos, one of the game's all time legends. I hear bloodstone was destroyed? shame.. it had a statue of him in the antipal guild, well deserved. I've been away from the mud for about 7 years, and was suprised how many familiar faces i saw upon returning. Ran into Enth the other day (head cleric from the mailed fist). We had a neat discussion, remembering people from back then, he even brought up slaag and tien who i'm sure you all remember :P

After leaving sojourn i played duris for a time, then once starcraft was released, I played it pretty hardcore on and off for about 5 years. I got into Daoc pretty heavily, played it for 1.5 years, quitting last summer. Also played some war3 and more recently, WoW. Anyway i'm back for a while, seems like a ton of new stuff was added since i've been gone :)

Deidrit
Celor
Sojourner

Postby Celor » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:57 am

Ambar wrote:was Shalia back then

i was shalantir back then.. your name sounds familiar.. dunno.. was so long ago :)
cherz
Sojourner

Postby cherz » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:38 pm

Hey Asamoth, how's this for ancient? You wrote it almost 7 years ago.

Why I play Toril/The Crazy Stuff I've done

Cr'ing Kanthas from a room where demo and a succ is standing over
his corpse, then after the cr was done, thinking that was too easy,
walking back into the room, folowing demogorgon. Only to get hit by a
succubus, geting noticed by demo, having him shout on me, escaping the
wraith of demo, geting whacked by a few marls and shadows. Almost
making it out but finally getting whacked by a backstabing succ.
(Takes a lota mobs to bring me down =) )

Trying to cr from Jabberwok while the braxxts have repoped.

Clair'ing Toddrick from cp, seeing he is in the crypts. Asking if he
needs help. Being told it probably repoped and I can't get in.
Relocing to someone in wd. Runing to the gnolls. Teleporting to the
vines, geting parad. Standing there not geting hit cuz my agro was
off. Pounding the vine into pulp when I can move again. Runing to
scorn, dropping into the sewers. Runing back upstairs to get the key,
unlock and drop the key. Runing into the crypts and folowing Toddrick
anyways =)

Being bored, then suddenly deciding I want one of those staffs of
feasting.

Going one on one with tiamat because those corpse _have_ to be
draged out in case of crash/reboot.

Knowing tiamat is still trying to summon you.

Its the rush from almost dying, yet still living while big giants
pound your body into pulp.

Wandering out and exploring, noticing that the mob is suposed to be
asleep, yet when you walk in it starts pounding you into a pulp.

Taking a cleric out (I'm a sorc remember) and tanking mobs while
geting pounded to a pulp, then having your cleric tell you she's not
memed (*poke Zothmo*)

Going out into astral, acidently meeting up with Demo/Jub, geting
pounded, fleeing, agroing 4 other mobs, fleeing some more, runing out
of moves, rembering the one spell that might save you, teleporting
blindly around in astral, geting lucky, runing into gith, and living
to tell the tale.

Zothmo deciding she wants a robe of a mob in mh, relocing up there,
attacking it, geting konked by justice, waking up, doing it again,
geting konked out again, waking up again, well you get the picture =).

Having people tell me I'm crazy.

Having people gasp in astonishment of what I did, then telling me
I'm crazy.

Cherz, archiver of all things interesting
Raiwen
Sojourner

long time

Postby Raiwen » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:25 am

Hey Deidrit!

I see some names I remember. Also that reference to the mailed fist brought up this thread in a seach. thanks.

haven't heard from thengil in awhile, Enth still plays I believe though in different forms. Massaki has disappeared. I hardly talk to him anymore as we're 3 states away now. He's married with children - as most of us are becoming.

I've logged on a few times to see who is on, but I'm not sure if I'll ever have the free time I used to have like when I was in college. The real world keeps you playing games that you can suspend and save rather quickly.

Though, if the devs could create a maddon 2005 type football arena, I might do that during work :)
obeah
Sojourner

Postby obeah » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:33 am

Well, I don't know how many of you will remember me, but I was Obeah back on Sojourn. I don't have as much time to mud as I would like these days, but I'm back playing for a bit. Trying my hand at a Drow Necro, we'll see how it goes.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:57 am

All you old farts need to get back to the rest home! Chop chop!

Love,

Mamoru
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:29 am

obeah wrote:Well, I don't know how many of you will remember me, but I was Obeah back on Sojourn. I don't have as much time to mud as I would like these days, but I'm back playing for a bit. Trying my hand at a Drow Necro, we'll see how it goes.

Heh, I remember you from Soj1 killing stuff (bouncers I think) in the WD tavern by the Bard's guild with myself and Sangdraxus. I can't even remember the name of the character I played back then but it was some Anti or Assassin. Was back around '95 or so. Good times.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion Archive”