Old Players? ('95-'97)

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ambar
Sojourner
Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Our House in Va.
Contact:

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:33 am

rofl yeah that unknown guy Kanthas

rofl

dork :P

-Shalia
Thorgil
Sojourner
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Postby Thorgil » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:55 am

I was Thorgil, dwarven warrior.

< 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> n

<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> Precarious Path Clinging to the Cliff Face
Room size: Mid-sized (L:30 ft W:5 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -N -S
A warrior manscorpion hunts the basin.
A warrior manscorpion hunts the basin.
A warrior manscorpion hunts the basin.
A warrior manscorpion hunts the basin.
A warrior manscorpion hunts the basin.
A warrior manscorpion hunts the basin.
A manscorpion squad leader directs the hunt.

< 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> recl
You drop to your belly.

< 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n

< 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> < 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> #
< 718h/718H 107v/107V >
<> The Path Wanders Around the Face of the Cliff
Room size: Mid-sized (L:5 ft W:75 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -S -D

< 718h/718H 100v/107V >
<> Alas, you cannot go that way. . .
Dranth
Sojourner
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am

...

Postby Dranth » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:37 am

Old Schoolers. Funny.

I was with Corth and Silverast I think... a monk was there too maybe?... We got teleported to a killer sheep. Anyone remember Dranth Eaglewrath (me) getting the last name Sheepwrath from that incident?

Fun fun.

So many names getting spouted off I recognize.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Long Branch, NJ

Re: ...

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:38 pm

Dranth wrote:Old Schoolers. Funny.

I was with Corth and Silverast I think... a monk was there too maybe?... We got teleported to a killer sheep. Anyone remember Dranth Eaglewrath (me) getting the last name Sheepwrath from that incident?

Fun fun.

So many names getting spouted off I recognize.


Dranth!!

Whats up killer, glad to see you around :)
Thrymenz Den'Zandon
Sojourner
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:17 pm

Postby Thrymenz Den'Zandon » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:20 pm

I remember a ton of these names.

Good times...
-Thry
Grochh
Sojourner
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 04, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA

Postby Grochh » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:02 am

Wow another old timer back! I saw a couple of names I recognize! I played a troll warrior named Grochh, but I forget the exact time period. I think around 94-97, but I cant really remember.

I started playing again as a dwarven warrior, Nibek. I hope to see a lot of you in game.

Ciao!

Grochh/Nibek/Joe
Malacar
Sojourner
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Boston, MA, USA

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:28 pm

Uh, I played. I think.
Draaz
Sojourner
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:12 pm
Contact:

Postby Draaz » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:50 pm

BUMPAGE! Draaz Returns!
Cyrra
Sojourner
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:59 pm

Cyrra - Level 50 Cleric

Postby Cyrra » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:18 pm

Played Cyrra, a level 50 cleric, partnered with Vurluk, level 50 ranger. I reconize several names, Jhorr, Silverast, and Branthur. Also played Cyrra on Sojournn 2, but do not remembber what level she reached. Also played the various manifestations in between. Just came back and am now playing several low level characters, level 20 enchanter, Ginowi, a Grey Elf, and Sarime, a level 18 grey elf Cleric. 8)
Aedes
Sojourner
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:01 am
Location: KC, MO, USA

Postby Aedes » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:22 pm

yup yup....I'm back as well.

Was a 49 paladin before the pwipe. Been around since about 6 months before Myranthea was taken out. Sir Montel was a beeotch with that backstab.

Anyways....since Aedes was 189 years old I figured I'd reroll and get my name changed once I reached Aedes' current level. So until I hit 24, I am Aederon.

Aedes Persicae, Knight - Mailed Fist
Brakner
Sojourner
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Postby Brakner » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 pm

I was mostly Nisa paladin
Aedes
Sojourner
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2001 5:01 am
Location: KC, MO, USA

Postby Aedes » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:10 pm

Brakner wrote:I was mostly Nisa paladin


I remember that name
Jerthal
Sojourner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Re: hey all

Postby Jerthal » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:41 pm

deidrit wrote:I'm also from 93-97 timeframe, I was deidrit svendre, head druid and zone leader for eye aeternum for quite a while...


Lol, Deidrit. Well, I only checked this board on a lark, and as this post was 2 years ago I don't expect you to see this for a while, but: wave.

Jerthal - Crimson Sigil
Hadjan
Sojourner
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:47 am
Contact:

Postby Hadjan » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:14 am

Memories!!

Rofl Kanthas! Mithlin playing WoW then I guess...

Nokie, Rylan, Dohrum, Asamoth, Lavey, Silverast, Thruar, Deidrit, Toddrick, Obe, Dlur, Sangdraxus, Targsk, Sok, Nilan, Innova, Mystra, Diel, Thanuk, Burunga, Altren, Lnarb, Diac, Sundara, Glaman, Kaila, Darnalak, Dranth, Malacar, Cyrra. Lots of names I recognize, some of you were people I wanted to become like, others people I grouped with!

Hope life is good to everyone!

/Hadjan/Borian/Garzagirar/Gorug
Osader
Sojourner
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:20 pm

Postby Osader » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:25 pm

I played regularly back in that time period. I was in a guild called "The Mailed Fist". My main char was Aegnor a human warrior and I ran with Grippen (human ranger), Onthar (dwarf warrior), Raewen (human cleric), Angrond (elf ranger), Massaki (human monk), and a few others that I can't recall. I do clearly remember Maj causing quite a stir when they started giving out last names and he chose Esrever. Maj Esrever or Reverse Jam.
Kanthas
Sojourner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:55 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Postby Kanthas » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Hadjan wrote:Memories!!

Rofl Kanthas! Mithlin playing WoW then I guess...

Nokie, Rylan, Dohrum, Asamoth, Lavey, Silverast, Thruar, Deidrit, Toddrick, Obe, Dlur, Sangdraxus, Targsk, Sok, Nilan, Innova, Mystra, Diel, Thanuk, Burunga, Altren, Lnarb, Diac, Sundara, Glaman, Kaila, Darnalak, Dranth, Malacar, Cyrra. Lots of names I recognize, some of you were people I wanted to become like, others people I grouped with!

Hope life is good to everyone!

/Hadjan/Borian/Garzagirar/Gorug


haha hey hadjan! you still hang with astansus?

Bunch of more ex-toril members are playing with us in the same guild now; Thruar, Trilca, Lloric, Averyn. Also got to play some online poker with kurz a few times.
sok
Sojourner
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 5:01 am
Location: santa ana, ca, usa
Contact:

Postby sok » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 pm

i play on partypoker w/ turg.

which one you play at?
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:34 am

Kanthas wrote:
Hadjan wrote:Memories!!

Rofl Kanthas! Mithlin playing WoW then I guess...

Nokie, Rylan, Dohrum, Asamoth, Lavey, Silverast, Thruar, Deidrit, Toddrick, Obe, Dlur, Sangdraxus, Targsk, Sok, Nilan, Innova, Mystra, Diel, Thanuk, Burunga, Altren, Lnarb, Diac, Sundara, Glaman, Kaila, Darnalak, Dranth, Malacar, Cyrra. Lots of names I recognize, some of you were people I wanted to become like, others people I grouped with!

Hope life is good to everyone!

/Hadjan/Borian/Garzagirar/Gorug


haha hey hadjan! you still hang with astansus?

Bunch of more ex-toril members are playing with us in the same guild now; Thruar, Trilca, Lloric, Averyn. Also got to play some online poker with kurz a few times.


How's naxx going.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sundara
Sojourner
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:01 am
Contact:

Postby Sundara » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:15 am

Hola, Hadjan! :)
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Kanthas
Sojourner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:55 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Postby Kanthas » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:04 pm

sok wrote:i play on partypoker w/ turg.

which one you play at?


One of our clients, www.tropicalpoker.com, started up a new card room which provides free buy-in tournaments every 3 hours. The playerbase is kind of small still, but they host free $100 private tournaments for us every saturday. If you guyz are interested in playing, let me know. We usually invite everyone we know and friends of friends. When I do have free time I sometimes also play at paradise poker.

Oh yeah, while playing we are also on ventrilo talking together laughing it up.
Kanthas
Sojourner
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:55 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Postby Kanthas » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:06 pm

Dalar wrote:How's naxx going.


It's going okay. I am kind of annoyed at the amount of consumables you need to get through the content. The encounters are cool and fun as hell, but why force us to waste so many consumables? :( It's bad enough that we have insaine repair bills!
Kuurg
Sojourner
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Faang
Contact:

Postby Kuurg » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:31 am

It was the thread from beyond the grave!


oooooooh!
·• Kuurg •·
sok
Sojourner
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 5:01 am
Location: santa ana, ca, usa
Contact:

Postby sok » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:05 am

Kanthas wrote:
sok wrote:i play on partypoker w/ turg.

which one you play at?


One of our clients, www.tropicalpoker.com, started up a new card room which provides free buy-in tournaments every 3 hours. The playerbase is kind of small still, but they host free $100 private tournaments for us every saturday. If you guyz are interested in playing, let me know. We usually invite everyone we know and friends of friends. When I do have free time I sometimes also play at paradise poker.

Oh yeah, while playing we are also on ventrilo talking together laughing it up.


i will let turg know. is there a way to contact you if we wanna crash one of your saturday tourneys?
Brogdagorripor
Sojourner
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:01 am
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA

Postby Brogdagorripor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:41 am

I started in '95 as Tarbrugg Ogre Berzerker. I didn't make it very far and of course he became Tarbrugg Ogre Warrior. After the wipe, I was Uguk Ogre Warrior and made it to about lvl 42 or so. My wife and I met up with Krazax and joined Swamp Hunters until a very nasty guild wipe to the Dracolich just after it went in. My wife lost her shaman totem which was later god-replaced, but the ordeal of the CR taking pretty much 48 hours made her stop playing for good. I then became Vaprak the coder (in the second incarnation of him) and was trained by Shevarash in the godly ways of how to try and not piss off Mystra. I really enjoyed working with Shevarash and Cyric and was most impressed with thier creativity. Latest incarnation is Brogdagorripor and Zissamus. I have pretty much mostly been a quiet solo player and usually group with my rl buddy Grumdikanikus who joined the mud with me back in '95.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests