Video Games!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Video Games!

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:54 pm

So, being this is november a shit-ton of games are/have come out. Question is who's buying what?

World of Warcraft gets released on tuesday, that's a must have.
Metroid Prime 2:Echoes is another must have.
Half Life 2 is yet another must have.
Baten Kaitos for the cube seems to be a solid RPG along with Tales of Symphonia.
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

To many damn games coming out, and those are only the ones I know of off the top of my head.
Last edited by Arilin Nydelahar on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:19 pm

Don't forget the following:

Halo 2
Need For Speed: Underground 2
GTA: San Andreas (you can get a dildo as a weapon)
Star Wars: BattleFront
Paper Mario (I don't care what you say, he's my hero... after Freeman... and Yoshi... and Mog)

IT'S A GOLDEN AGE FOR GAMERS!!!

(And it's about friggen time)

not to meantion games like:

GT4
LOTR Battle for middle earth
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
We're totally set for 2005.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:26 pm

GTA: San Andreas (have)
Metroid Prime 2 (have)
Metal Gear solid 3
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Baten Kaitos does look kind of interesting, not sure though. Have heard things about Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines and Half-Life 2. Definately want to try Viewtiful Joe 2 at some point...

I'm sure there's more, not sure what though!

Oh yeah, and to top it all off BioWare just started selling premium modules for NWN... heh.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:29 pm

Iaiken Toransier wrote:GTA: San Andreas (you can get a dildo as a weapon)

*snip*

IT'S A GOLDEN AGE FOR GAMERS!!!

*snicker*

Seriously though, where do you get the dildo? I just reached the second city before getting distracted by Metroid...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Yeah, I didn't post the ones I already own, ala Halo 2, Gta: San Andreas, etc.

Heard paper mario 2 was pretty weak. I'll most likely end up getting it cause I love the cube, but still.

Oh, forgot Prince of Persia 2 as well, _that_ game will be badass.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:48 pm

keep in mind he is SUPPOSED to be saving money to move to Va .. THEN he can buy games *cracks the whip*
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:53 pm

Ambar wrote:keep in mind he is SUPPOSED to be saving money to move to Va .. THEN he can buy games *cracks the whip*

I can save and buy 500$ worth of video games!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:40 pm

Le sigh, so many great games coming out, no time to play them with WoW coming out.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:09 pm

Dalar wrote:Le sigh, so many great games coming out, no time to play them with WoW coming out.

No kidding. I bought an Xbox and Live when I snagged Halo 2 and a few other games, and that's gonna be collecting dust as soon as next friday rolls around.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:17 pm

Friday? Don't tell me you're waiting 3 days for newbie zones to be less packed. I played stress and open beta (two diff chars) and it sucked both times. Play on Tuesday! BTW, you gonna go for the same server CBL is on?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:46 pm

Dalar wrote:Friday? Don't tell me you're waiting 3 days for newbie zones to be less packed. I played stress and open beta (two diff chars) and it sucked both times. Play on Tuesday! BTW, you gonna go for the same server CBL is on?

I'm going for the day i'll have cash to pick up the game :P I get paid friday, so game pickup = friday.

Yeah, I'll have atleast one char on that server gonna do the PvE thing too though.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:00 pm

You forgot about ghost recon 2!!

I've already god halo 2, and I plan on getting ghost recon 2, need for speed underground 2, and maybe world of warcraft if I have the extra cash. This holiday season is just booming with great titles...it's like gamer heaven.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:32 pm

San anreas fuggin rawks....except one thing....you cant climb ladders. You can hop fences, fly planes, but !ladder climbing.

You get the dildo in the police station bathroom shower stall I believe.....not sure which city that is....think the 2nd.
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:18 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:
Dalar wrote:Friday? Don't tell me you're waiting 3 days for newbie zones to be less packed. I played stress and open beta (two diff chars) and it sucked both times. Play on Tuesday! BTW, you gonna go for the same server CBL is on?

I'm going for the day i'll have cash to pick up the game :P I get paid friday, so game pickup = friday.

Yeah, I'll have atleast one char on that server gonna do the PvE thing too though.

PvE is _so_ boring on WoW.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:55 pm

So has anyone actually _played_ MGS3 yet? Is it any good? I liked MGS2, but it definately wasn't as good as the first so I'm wondering if they got back on the right track or screwed it up more...

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:43 pm

Sarvis wrote:So has anyone actually _played_ MGS3 yet? Is it any good? I liked MGS2, but it definately wasn't as good as the first so I'm wondering if they got back on the right track or screwed it up more...

From the review Penny Arcade gave, it doesn't seem worth the time unless your a big fan.

I just got ghost recon 2 and need for speed underground 2. Two bad ass games. Ghost recon 2 blows other FPS games out of the water when it comes to realism. It's kinda really close to america's army only better. The maps are HUGE. The only problem I've found so far is the enemy AI is kinda poopy, but they can still get you pretty good sometimes. Nfsu2 is also pretty good. It seems to be a decently long game (played 4 hrs and am 3% done with the game) and your cars are extremely customizable. Not only can you buy tons and tons of aftermarket parts for your engine, body, etc. but you can tweak the performance too. Very good game if you like racing and cars.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: Video Games!

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:57 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Question is who's buying what?

I bought 8 DVDs of MAME roms for like $22
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:59 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:

Err... why? Couldn't you have just downloaded them for free?

Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:26 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Xisiqomelir wrote:

Err... why? Couldn't you have just downloaded them for free?

Hunting down 51XX roms is a pain in the ass
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:54 am

i rented tales of symphonia and beat it in about 4 days it was really good though and i could have done more i was just trying to actually beat a game so i skipped alot of things in it i could have done.
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”