Please stop the snooping, you're killing our pbase

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:39 pm

i deal with it this way Rer, if you ask me for help i will help, nomatter who you are. As long as i am not busy in a group that i cant leave to help, or afk i will help anyone who asks.

But if you smart off to me while im helping you, odds are im gonna say heh do it yourself.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:56 pm

But Ruxur doesn't you helping people contradict the well proven fact that yer useless?!?!?! :p

Seriously though Rer sadly enough i have to agree with Ruxur. It's kinda silly to go through the who sort list and ask everyone under lvl 20 if they need any help, the have the nhc channel to ask for help and most people will go out of their way to help them weather by going there and walking them through it or talking them through it over nhc/tells.

Pril
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:09 pm

not to say that my time is more valuable than anyone else time, but....

i like to xp semi-afkish so i can watch a movie at the same time. of course i miss some of the movie and dont heal as well xping but hey thats what they get for asking me to heal in the first place.

if i'm xping i try not to deny someone if they ask for group, even when they are sucking my xp reasoning being:

1) it sucks getting the "we full" reply
2) i'm semi-afk anyways so glass is already half full

gormal
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:26 pm

Two things:

1) Anyone who thinks their ideas for punishing people for infractions and/or what constitutes an infraction have some truth or value to them should feel free to submit their resume to Shar for a position as an Administrator.

and

2) Imms should try to remember what it's like to just be a player who doesn't have to worry about the administrative aspects of the game and see what their actions may look like to the mortal folk.
Maedor
Sojourner

Re: Please stop the snooping, you're killing our pbase

Postby Maedor » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:43 am

Diel wrote:
and btw, you try playing the same game for over 10 years and see how much you enjoy doing xp over zoning. the reason for having multiple lv50s is so that groups are more flexible and you don't have to sit around and wait for hours for someone to log on to get a freakin group moving. so whine whine whine blah blah blah shut up and quit calling us cheaters because some of us would like to stay around and enjoy the game just as much as everyone else, but we just don't have time to do everything while at the keys. i'm sure most "cheaters" would agree with me, otherwise screw off cuz we don't wanna hear it anymore :P

kthx luv u byebye

Sigh-Deleting a player, and all but forcing them to quit playing here is counter productive. The days of having so many players that you don't know what to do with them is over. The days of deleting people should also be over. Find another way to maintain order without hurting the whole pbase. So what if they did something wrong...is it worth losing a solid and consistant player? A mud needs it's staff, but the players are just as important.
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:59 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:"I'm sure most 'cheaters' would agree with me."

Yes, llike minded people would tend to agree.

If everyone were honest and not scared of baleetion, I would like to see a raise of hands from people who have botted or ever abused the rules in any way. I won't mention any names, but I bet the total number would be quite large. :P
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
sifu_augustin
Sojourner

Postby sifu_augustin » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:59 pm

i have never fuggin_botted
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:28 pm

Maedor wrote:Find another way to maintain order without hurting the whole pbase. So what if they did something wrong...is it worth losing a solid and consistant player

Hmm...

But, if they are running off bots, not watching the screen, not touching a single key, will they really notice? Will other than those tagging along for the free ride really care? Will other than those whose ignored tells and pleads to not kill the mob they were about to kill or were fighting notice? Will other than those caught in the whirlstorm notice?

If they keep on bending the rules, keep on testing the limits for what they can and can't do within them, will other than those benefitting from it or caught by it care? Will other than the silent bystanders notice? What is to prevent them from thinking they can do the same?

If people get so bored about doing the same skill practice again and again and again, what prevents them from stopping? Will other than those power levelling their umteenth alt of the same class which miraculously pop out from anonymousity upon reaching high-zonability level have their skills seriously lacking? Who would notice, to sometimes grim results, other than those relying on their skills...?

If the mud only consisted of a couple of players, who would really care if people are bots or not? If there are a lot of different players what would some human interaction hurt...?

_____
... o O (Protected from: Evil Good Fire Cold Gas Acid Low Circle spells)
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama

Return to “General Discussion Archive”