Databases and Web Photos

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
kwirl
Sojourner

Databases and Web Photos

Postby kwirl » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:13 am

On a web page I'm building for a LARP, the players want a photo gallery that they can post images to after a game. Initially I did this manually, one image at a time, resize, ftp, write html, republish.

The game has grown to a degree that I don't want to handle the photographic needs of a game with over a hundred gamers.

Does anyone know any software or plugins or scripts or code solutions for integrating a photo template onto my site?

I would like to be able to give 2-3 or more other people web-based access to be able to upload/edit images hosted on my server, and allow them to control the content while I will happily have nothing to do with the process once initiated.

I'd like to avoid cgi-bin requisite stuff, and stick to perl/php, but I can be flexible if there are no other options available.

One day in my life I'll add mysql to the list of shit i need to learn.

kwirl, wishes there was only one prgramming language and protocol for every single system in a world running nothing but hacker-safe windows servers and clients.
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:26 pm

kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:39 pm

i don't want to confine myself to open source material, i'm willing to pay decent money for this kind of stuff

thanks a ton however :)
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:06 pm

I second the vote for php gallery, it's awesome.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:06 am

Gallery does rule. I've used it and modified it for several websites.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:24 am

for galleries on my website i use extenses portfolio. it's mainly an image cataloging program, but it outputs web pages with links to larget images with one click. saved me a ton of time when i changed servers and moved away from frontpage.

can always just start a yahoo group heh.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:05 am

ohhh Teyaha! come baaaaack!
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:47 am

first of all, hey all - thanks.

www.vtmlarp.com - thats the page i just built, the links to the images uses the gallery software talked about in this thread, piece of cake, like a day to twiddle with

also, teyaha - i was looking for you - my friend, the asian chick - moved back to san diego. she commutes up to LA for modeling and pageant gigs, but she is looking for someone to help her with some images for her portfolio - do you charge for that or offer any kind of service?

kwirlkarphys@gmail.com - hit me up if you need details, she can travel to wherever you might need her if you dont go to the SD area much.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 am

Not sure why... well maybe I am.... but I cant stop looking at this pic, it makes me giggle! :)

http://www.vtmlarp.com/gallery/Conclave/abl

If I'm talking to you in the game from here on in, just so you know I'm imagining that you are that picture regardless of if I've seen previous pics or met you IRL. I love it! TOUCH!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:02 pm

oh man - that's aaron, his character was a malkavian who died because he broke the masquerade after believing he was summoning pit fiends to deliver pizza for him.

great roleplayer

Return to “General Discussion Archive”