Ssissiv, Master of Dragons

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
daggaz
Sojourner

Ssissiv, Master of Dragons

Postby daggaz » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:10 pm

Was just reading the bot/punishment thread and this came up...

For people who dont know, Ssissiv 50th Yuan-ti Enchanter, came down one day into the center of WaterDeep, reached into his bag for a long- lost, dark and powerful item, and used said item to summon a massive red dragon into the midst of all those pathetic humans and their goody friends. Escaping once again into the darker realms, he sat back and watched the carnage commence...

PRAISE BE TO SSISSIV, MASTER OF DRAGONS, SLAYER OF GOODIES!!!

Personally I think he should have been awarded. I mean, the spells he used exist. The item he used, though extremely hard to acquire, was put into this world, for us to use, by the gods themselves. It is allowed, tho risky, for evils to enter WD. Its up to the guards to stop us, really. And what he did upholds every single concept in the whole RP side of this mud. Its good versus evil. Ssissiv is evil. He did an infamous and very evil act. Against the very heart of the good world. And its not like he pkilled those people. The dragon killed those people. Too bad for them half of them didnt hear the screaming and walked on in instead of running for the city gates. And its not like this is an everyday act, something that anybody can do. Not even close.

The act was awesome...the stuff of legends.

Personally, I wish I had done it. I have to settle for blinking humans out of my citie's morgue. Fools, to even group with me. Thats why I have an RP tag. So watch out, you can't trust a drow.

I also think its highly one-sided, the rules about so called 'pkilling by aggro.' If somebody dies in DK because the banshee is out chasing someone around, you NEVER hear even a whisper about pkill. Cuz 'life as an evil is fraught with hardships and death lies around every corner blah blah blah...' The goodies live all secure and happy in their sheltered little cities, weak and pathetic in their trust that nothing bad will ever happen to them so long as they never stray beyond the walls of their cages. Well, evil is a part of their world too! You can walk from WD to DK, and DK can walk in on you! Ssissiv just proved it, with full on aces.

Death lies around your corners, too.

(disclaimer: its just too bad he did it out of spite after arguing with a god, rather than from a pure RP motivation)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: Ssissiv, Master of Dragons

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:54 pm

daggaz wrote:And its not like he pkilled those people. The dragon killed those people.

"Max: You... you killed him?
Vincent: No, I shot him. The bullets and the fall killed him. "

The act was awesome...the stuff of legends.

Yeah, because making other people miserable is a Good Thing(tm)!

I also think its highly one-sided, the rules about so called 'pkilling by aggro.' If somebody dies in DK because the banshee is out chasing someone around, you NEVER hear even a whisper about pkill. Cuz 'life as an evil is fraught with hardships and death lies around every corner blah blah blah...' The goodies live all secure and happy in their sheltered little cities, weak and pathetic in their trust that nothing bad will ever happen to them so long as they never stray beyond the walls of their cages.

Actually I remember when I was newb, and people taught me that if I wandered into one of those insane tracking aggros you stayed there and let yourself die so you wouldn't ruin other peoples' day.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:11 pm

Nice last quote, good to see that flaming is as well inforced as 'pkilling'. Im assuming your use of somebody elses quote in answering me is the same as ssissivs use of a dragon in wd, which you condemned.

If you dont agree, fine. But dont tell me my opinions are shit and dont matter. Like you have any power whatsoever over that. I still think it was an awesome way to do it. And like I said, not like that could happen very often.

As for your n00b instructions. yeah nice. youre definitely a goody. even in evil groups we tend to refrain from smiting eachother like that..most of the time. But im talking about RP racewarring here. and the fact that it was awesome. That part kinda went right over your head.

As for swearing back at you, Ill refrain, evil or not. later.
Last edited by daggaz on Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:15 pm

daggaz wrote:Nice last quote, good to see that flaming is as well inforced as 'pkilling'

Huh?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:27 pm

hmmm well sorry, didnt realize that was an everyday quote on all of your posts. misunderstood.

Oh and btw, the banshee isnt some mob that you can just wander into. It only comes out if somebody wants it out, usually somebody bored with life and toying with death, or somebody elses death. Im glad the gods put something like that smack in the middle of our fair city. Heh. Living life safely just isnt part of the evil RP experience. Its even in our first help screen.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:05 pm

There are atleast some dangers in being a goodie. take the displcer beast for example, how many times have people wandered into it and had it track them out? Also since WD is at the center of the "goodie" world we tend to get other interesting world trackers there (MD marilith and a few others come to mind.)
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:05 pm

You know, I was going to post a long reply and criticize every "point" you made Daggaz, but truthfully, this horse is long dead. Yep, he claimed to "rp" while killing other players intentionally. yep, he and his friends thought it was all a hoot. Yep, people still talk about it. Yep, it will have its place in the history of this mud. NO it was not acceptable. NO it should not have been praised. NO way will anyone no matter who they are get away with this level of pk and extreme disrespect for the owners/operaters of this MUD.

Bottom line on rule breakers: CHANGE YOUR GAMEPLAY OR FACE THE CONSIQUENCES OF BREAKING RULES! None of the immortals or owners will tolerate rule breaking, nor will we pander to the few loud voices who cry out about it being harsh. If you are going to break a rule or watch others break a rule or do things outside the boundaries we have set up, you are a rule breaker.

We want you to play here. We want everyone to be able play here. That cannot happen in an environment where rules do not exist. We do not want people to exploit a known or unknown bug or loophole. We don't want to see players treating other players like they are worthless. If you are going to do that habitually, you will be watched. If you are caught, you will be punished. If you continue to abuse, you will be asked to leave or forced into it. WE DO NOT WANT RULE BREAKERS. Period.

We have had several of abusers this wipe and for the most part, they got away with little things. Most of the time, a little disrespect for the staff and rules goes barely warned or wholly ignored. Because of the nature of the job, we expect to have problems with the players. This is WHY we have rules. Nobody who plays here is an idiot nor is any member of the staff. Stop treating us like we are.

Lately, there has been too much disrespect and too much rule breakng coming from high level players. MOST of the people who abuse the rules are "high end" players, or "elite", as so many of you label each other. Realize that from the elite, we expect the most. Stop acting like idiots and you'll not have any issue at all with any of the staff or the rules. Your example is the one that the new players look up to.

My last comment; If there had been no "argument" between player and god in this particular circumstance, the outcome would have been the same. If you cannot abide the rules, no matter who you are, you'll be given the same treatment that everybody else gets. The rules apply to everyone. In this particular case that Daggaz has mentioned, it applied to Ssissiv.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:08 pm

Yeah, if pkilling is so great, how bout we just let staff members start randomly killing people for fun? That'd be grand.

The rules are easy, and if you can't follow them you are welcome to play somewhere that has rules more to your liking. Enough said.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:31 pm

Groupleader group-says 'tanks east'

The hand of Shar reaches down from the heavens and strikes down tankX.
TankX is dead. R.I.P.

That would SO rock! kind of like the gods punished mortals in Greek/Roman mythology. I know i'd laugh weather i was the victim or just watching it happen. Bring on the vengeful gods! :p
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 pm

P.S. Sarvis, that sig really needs to go. serious :P

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:15 pm

Shar wrote:P.S. Sarvis, that sig really needs to go. serious :P

why? It was ok for Teflor to say all that apparently.

rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:31 pm

I always enjoy it when Pril gets smited by the Gods.

Usually it goes along the lines of Pril petitioning the Gods for something stupid - like, "Teleport me to WD" and ending up getting Teleported to somewhere with lots of spanky mobs and Pril dying.

All I hear is Pril start busting up laughing, cuz he knows its his own damn fault.

He gets his God Ress, put right back where he was, and told to leave the Imms alone. Everyone has a good laugh.

Or, when Gods decide that due to a Mud problem, they're going to ress up a spank, but kill Pril off a few extra times for good measure before doing so. They always come up with some spectacular deaths for the Prildo.

It Rocks! Long live the Gods (and Pril's stupidity!)
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:39 pm

1) I think an occasional pkill is not the end of the world.
2) I considered Ssissiv to be a friend on the mud.
3) I found the incident funny.

HOWEVER.

He knew what he was doing.

He knew what the penalty is.

ERGO

He got what he earned AND deserved for it.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:52 pm

Sarvis wrote:

You truly expect me to read every single thread that you and teflor go at each other in? I skim, at best. Be an example. Shrug.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:06 pm

Shar wrote:
Sarvis wrote:

You truly expect me to read every single thread that you and teflor go at each other in? I skim, at best. Be an example. Shrug.

Fine.

It's just grating that it seems I am always the one singled out around here.

No doubt Ambar and Teflor, possibly even Arilin, will be on the scene soon to point out just how well deserved that is. :roll:

Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:15 pm

Thank you very much Sarvis. It was not my intent to single you out. As a matter of fact, you are the 3rd person *today* I've asked to modify something. :) If I could catch you ingame, I would. And with private messages here being wonky, well... this is how I did it :) thanks.

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:28 pm

Shar wrote:Yep, he claimed to "rp" while killing other players intentionally. yep, he and his friends thought it was all a hoot. Yep, people still talk about it. Yep, it will have its place in the history of this mud.

yea its still a hoot :-P :lol: but we all knew it was wrong. still do and ssiv suffered the consequences as well as the rest of us guilded with him. ssiv 22 goodies 0.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:11 am

Maybe it is just me, but I fail to see the humour in Ssissiv doing it. Wow, you killed some players. We all know of spots/ways we can kill players. I'm sure all of them were RPing as well. I find it amusing how people can act like assholes and hide it with roleplay. If the other player has the role play flag on, I understand then. But if not, they don't wanna play your game, so don't force them to.
Meatshield
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:14 am

Save Ferris!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: Ssissiv, Master of Dragons

Postby Yarash » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:15 am

daggaz wrote:Personally, I wish I had done it. I have to settle for blinking humans out of my citie's morgue. Fools, to even group with me. Thats why I have an RP tag. So watch out, you can't trust a drow.

I agree.

- Mike
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:49 am

Daggaz, if you want to legitimize pkill, take it to duris.

I know that plenty of goodies that would be more than happy to just pkill you over and over and over again.

If this was your game, you could run it in the manner you liked. You could shake up the players, all you wanted.

But to be quite frank, it's not your game AT ALL. It's ours, and if you think you can change it with pitiful, sociopathic posts so shallow a float would bottom out in it, you've got another thing coming.

Not everyone wants to play _your_ game. Your game sucks.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:51 am

Sarvis wrote:No doubt Ambar and Teflor, possibly even Arilin, will be on the scene soon to point out just how well deserved that is. :roll:

She did you a favor. I keep trying to tell you why you have such a bad rep. I have no problem with you pasting it everywhere you go, because I would gladly say it to your face in public.

But if you want to put it on a shirt and wear it around all the time and refuse to let go of the past, it screams loudly about exactly how much class you have.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 am

daggaz wrote:But im talking about RP racewarring here. and the fact that it was awesome. That part kinda went right over your head.

As I continue to read your posts, which I actually do read posts as opposed to skimming them and missing information, I can see that you have a sophisticated way of viewing the world at large and the mud in general. Sophisticated irregardless of however incomplete.

There is a reason why this is not a pkill mud, not only does this fact completely go "over your head." You don't seem to understand any of the reasons behind it.

If Toril was simply a game of oneupmanship, of besting other players, pkill would have been implemented long ago.

Fortunatly, this game caters to a slightly less ignorant crowd. If you feel the need to disrupt "lives too secure and happy," I might recommend reading Timothy McVeigh's autobiography, or introducing yourself to the murderous cowards in Al-Queida.

Failing the fortitude to take your urgent need to feel better than other people, you could merely head down to the arcade and play one game until you can beat most people at it, challenge them repeatedly in order to show your superior worth to all those willing to look.

Those of us looking for a little more will find TorilMUD bettered.

In closing, go ahead and hide behind the fact that rangers from Waterdeep can't be sent to hunt you down, rend your flesh with the flash of magical elvish weapons, and take all of your equipment as bounty for the kill, and keep on with your pathetic attempts at disrupting the peace.

If you feel that I have given you zero respect in this post, then you're reading it how it was written. After all, in an RP setting, I'd have no respect for you anyway.

Pathetic.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:53 pm

As predicted.

teflor the ranger wrote:She did you a favor. I keep trying to tell you why you have such a bad rep. I have no problem with you pasting it everywhere you go, because I would gladly say it to your face in public.

That shows just how much class <i>you</i> have.

Say what you want about me, I tend to refrain from swearing fests and generally flaming people.

Oh, and you have never tried to tell me why I have a bad rep. All you did was swear at me a lot, and then connstantly <i>claim</i> to have told me why.

I just find it funny that another player found what <b>you</b> wrote to be a flame which and an Admin found inappropriate for these boards, yet again this is somehow my fault and you are trying to look like some goody-two-shoes Paladin.

(What the hell does having two shoes have to do with being good?)

But if you want to put it on a shirt and wear it around all the time and refuse to let go of the past, it screams loudly about exactly how much class you have.

I have plenty. For instance, right now I'm <i>not</i> going to just shout a bunch of swear words at you.

You and Ambar go back to your little club now. It's obvious neither of you are capable of understanding how infuriating you are, nor why.

EDIT: Oh, and at least Ambar had the good sense to avoid commenting after my prediction.

Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:45 pm

Sarvis and Teflor. again. stop it. now. please. or i will remove both of your posts from all threads everywhere. EVERYONE IS TIRED OF READING YOUR PERSONAL ATTACKS ON ONE ANOTHER. YOU ARE BOTH WRONG, A LOT.

thank you.

(p.s. if you choose to view that as a personal attack aimed at both of you, that would also be wrong. If you choose to open a new thread and discuss what I've just said, that would just be... well, predictable. And should you decide that you will continue to flame one another or make personal remarks about how both of you are victimized by the other, take a look in the mirror. You're doing it to yourselves. Kthx.)

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm

I disagree strongly with Sarvis's final personal attack on me.

Now, in the spirit of "good sense" I'm going to ignore him.

As for your 'prediction', Sarvis, while you may or may not be capable of understanding, I will not be limited by what you have to say.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:50 pm

OMFG! Please make the insistent bitching stop.

Pril
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:28 pm

8)

We all know that the true Dragon-Master is none other than Blackwolf, himself. Fresh pup! 8
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:34 pm

Pril wrote:OMFG! Please make the insistent bitching stop.

Pril

The word you're looking for is "Incessant" Pril.

And Teflor, Irregardless is not a word. The one you were looking for is just "Regardless".

Just thought I'd point that out. And continue the bitching. *poke Pril*
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:48 pm

rer wrote:
Pril wrote:OMFG! Please make the insistent bitching stop.

Pril

The word you're looking for is "Incessant" Pril.

And Teflor, Irregardless is not a word. The one you were looking for is just "Regardless".

Just thought I'd point that out. And continue the bitching. *poke Pril*

Well Rer I was looking for Incessant but really either of them work... from dictionary.com...

insistent (adj.) Repetitive and persistent.

incessant (adj.) Continuing without interruption.

Either way make it stop
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:54 pm

Insistent does not work in context, however. It's like a child who is insistent on some attention. Or your mom, you insists that you call her. She is insistent that you keep in close contact, because otherwise she worries about you. And when you don't call as often as she insists, she calls both of us incessantly until you return her call.

Sorry, Pril. But does the difference make sense?
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:21 pm

Yeah it makes sense and as i said i was originally looking for 'Incessant' but ended up going with 'Insistent' because it semi made sense although it looked odd. Anyways, i think we can both agree that the bitching should just stop. :p

Pril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:22 pm

Actually, I think it's symptoms of a disease diagnosed by the French... La Stuerditis.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:27 pm

hmmm what is that Ash?

Pril
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:35 pm

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

I will continue use, irregardless. Look up "vernacular," Rer.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:00 pm

hey yo shar/shev

lock threads much?

*poke* *poke* this just seems like one of them that needs it
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:26 am

I'm well aware of the vernacular Teflor. But just because 100 people are using a word that does not exist in a dictionary, does not mean that the word makes you any more sophisticated, particularly when speaking of sophistication.

Irregardless is not a word, regardless of how you look at it.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:50 am

screwit changed my mind and decided not to respond ....
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:02 am

Ragorn stands up from his chair at the back of the room and walks toward Teflor and Rer.

Ragorn draws a mighty battle hammer from its sheath, twirls the head around once, and brings it crashing down on this thread, sending splinters of horrible grammar and shards of self-righteousness flying.

Ragorn nods, sheaths his Grammar Hammer, and goes back to what he was doing.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:04 am

actually i do understand why this mud isnt pkill, and i strongly agree. I hated duris.

I also understand why ssissiv got what he did, and so did he. He still did it, it was still awesome, you are still all talking or at least knowing about.

Even tho i said he should have been awarded, it was more in the rp spirit of things. Also in the RP spirit of things was when I said i blink people out of the morgue. Did it once, in heavy RP mood. Afterwards apologized and got the guy ressed and we laughed about it, cuz it was sort of funny.

And whatever goody (i dont bother to remember your name) thinks im an ass and anybody would be a fool to group with me, well TRY GROUPING WITH ME ONCE, first. Otherwise youre the fool. I lead people around as much as i can, help noobs, even ran a guild which did semi ok. Overall i think im pretty well liked and appreciated over on the evil side of things, and most of all, i like to keep the RP spirit up and running.

Which was all this post was about, really, singing the song of the legend that was ssissiv, and the deed he done. That and getting you all to beeeotch at eachother. heh. later guys, see ya on the mud, having fun as always, Daggaz.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:24 am

daggaz wrote:And whatever goody (i dont bother to remember your name) thinks im an ass and anybody would be a fool to group with me, well TRY GROUPING WITH ME ONCE, first. Otherwise youre the fool. I lead people around as much as i can, help noobs, even ran a guild which did semi ok. Overall i think im pretty well liked and appreciated over on the evil side of things, and most of all, i like to keep the RP spirit up and running.

Umm... dude, <i>you're</i> the one who said goodies were fools to group with you... heh.

Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:35 am

Why do items that summon dragons even exist? Damn, let one of those loose now, and only a reboot would save us:P

It's still a toril classic. You all act like dying is awful. Get a ress...lose a little xp, and laugh mightily at Ssissiv's creativity. But, that doesn't mean it should be allowed by any means...

drugs are bad...dont do drugs

I mean-breaking rules is bad, don't break rules.

Live long and prosper-kthxbye
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:28 am

rer wrote:I'm well aware of the vernacular Teflor. But just because 100 people are using a word that does not exist in a dictionary, does not mean that the word makes you any more sophisticated, particularly when speaking of sophistication.

Irregardless is not a word, regardless of how you look at it.

Actually, it is in the dictionary. Hence the usage note I copied from it. Furthermore, it's well more than a hundred people, seeing as how you seem to have heard of it as well. "Vernacular" Rer.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:31 am

Maedor wrote:and laugh mightily at Ssissiv's creativity.

Terrorists are just so creative.

Not giving a hoot about how other people is just SO creative.

Being completely self-centered and acting out of self-satisfaction without care for consequence for the people around you is just SOOO creative.

Acting out because we are cranky and "the man" is coming down on us because (someone) never bothered to GROW UP is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CREATIVE.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:22 am

It would be OK with me if this thread died now. hinthintwinkwink

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:43 am

Maedor wrote:Why do items that summon dragons even exist? Damn, let one of those loose now, and only a reboot would save us:P

It's still a toril classic. You all act like dying is awful. Get a ress...lose a little xp, and laugh mightily at Ssissiv's creativity.

it was my idea! he just did it :-P
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:45 pm

From a goodie standpoint i think it was semi cool. How often do you guys come into the middle of WD and see a dragon tearing through the streets? It was a nice twist, yeah it sucks that people died (and by people i mean low level newbies) cuz at higher levels people shouldn't care about exp as much, you die, you res, you go on. Anyways it happened a while ago, people are over it, Ssissiv was punished, he'll be remembered forever. Get overit.
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:24 pm

oh my god.....

there are so many of you that need to be bitch slapped, that I would wear out both hands doing it.... i can't remember the last time I heard/read so much bitching. And a couple of you need a swift pecker-slap as well. Damn....

(Hint: before you post something, read it as if someone had written it to/about you... especially if it's directed at any one person...)
-W3rgy
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:06 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:

Being completely self-centered and acting out of self-satisfaction without care for consequence for the people around you is just SOOO creative.

Acting out because we are cranky and "the man" is coming down on us because (someone) never bothered to GROW UP is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CREATIVE.

I hate to point out the obvious Teflor, but this is a 'game'. 'Killing' a character isn't even comparable to killinga living person. The 'death' of a char has a consequence of 5% xp loss...don't even try toi compare that to the loss of human life.
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:08 pm

Maedor wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:

I hate to point out the obvious Teflor, but this is a 'game'. 'Killing' a character isn't even comparable to killinga living person. The 'death' of a char has a consequence of 5% xp loss...don't even try toi compare that to the loss of human life.

Yeah, but within the rules of a game, players shouldn't have to worry about cheating. I can't tackle playing golf, nor should I have to worry about that fact.
Meatshield

Return to “General Discussion Archive”