Ssissiv, Master of Dragons

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:32 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Terrorists are just so creative.

Ssissiv -Terrorist Dragon Summoner- Gruff Old Dragonslayers

bahahahahahaha. love you ssiv!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:48 am

Sure, you can glorify those who get their kicks by kicking other people down.

But as Ssissiv proved quite nicely, that when you do that, someone bigger comes by and kicks you.

It's called justice. A fittingly pitiful end to a fittingly pitiful gesture.

Too anyone who thinks they can use the angish of another innocent person to inflate your own pitiful ego, you're dead wrong.

We'll be there waiting.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:11 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Sure, you can glorify those who get their kicks by kicking other people down.

But as Ssissiv proved quite nicely, that when you do that, someone bigger comes by and kicks you.

It's called justice. A fittingly pitiful end to a fittingly pitiful gesture.

Too anyone who thinks they can use the angish of another innocent person to inflate your own pitiful ego, you're dead wrong.

We'll be there waiting.

You are so horribly dramatic :P I'm not saying Ssissiv didn't get what he deserved...I just don't think it's half as big of a deal as you'd like to make it sound. I'd consider adding 'drama queen' to your title *duck*
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:25 am

Belittle me all you want. You belittle only yourself.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:43 am

can u belittle someone so much that you belittle yourself to nothing?
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:43 am

and if so is that like casting invis on self?
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:44 am

and if it works can u walk into the ladies locker room without being notice?
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:10 am

Person who posts and glorifies anyone who purposely tries to hurt others and says they were under the umbrella of being evil and in RP = shitty thread. You must really think the average population of the mud is stupid to buy that. Glad to see the immortals never fell asleep the day it happened. Perhaps Shar should turn on her RP flag and fry all your eq right before killing you just because she is an evil goddess and felt like doing it. If anyone on here responds that they would not care if that happened to them then you should consider doing it Shar I am serious. So to those who think this thread was a good idea enjoy the above picture.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:00 pm

Nah, Shar is the goddess of night. Destroying all eq and deleting would be too flashy.

Permanent blindness maybe. Make the world be dark for the person forever, that's more her style. ;)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Larem
Sojourner

hello? um...yeah

Postby Larem » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:26 pm

are you all forgetting the main thing behind this? the one thing that in itself alone, no matter the grievences that he may or may not have had with a god, the gods flat out said, and mentioned several times:

PKILLING WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE RP CAMPAIGN, BE FOREWARNED

so, in the immortal words of sadam, while talking to satan:

what's the big deal bitch?

i don't see why someone should be deleted for doing something that was posted months in advance that he could do, but, i'm an asshat, what do i know
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:51 pm

on another note, i know i've said this many times before, but when things keep happening that point to it, whut else can i say? is this the act of another conspiracy, some god plot to rid themselves of him? or was it just gods pmsing and deciding to act out of anger instead of with a neutral, 3rd party mind, just seems to me, that unlike maedor, who blatently broke the rulz, several times, that this wasn't a rule breaking, since it's posted on the first line of the "rpnews" menu. it seems to me, that this is another solid example of the gods deciding whut rules to follow, and whut rules they can put aside, though of course, they may not be rules, don't make my lack of a decent vocabulary be the deciding factor on how fast it takes them to delete this post and then bitch at me. I for one, would like to move for everything done to him be undone, ssissiv that is, because, whether u like it or not, it's in bright cyan under the blinking "notice" at the top of the rpnews page, and has been for months. I'd also like to move for some kinda common line that all gods follow, where as it's fairness for all, not picking and choosing which rules to enforce on certain people, and not others
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:06 pm

Larem, the notice at the top of rpnews is intended to alert players that they may consent to participate in a player vs. player event. All involved parties are required to give consent to being subject to the possibility of being pkilled. You cannot be pkilled in the course of roleplay without knowing of the possibility and agreeing to it.

Ssissiv's actions did not involve the consent of those killed. Nor did it result in no penalty to the characters, as PK within the RP-Campaign results. Furthermore, the notice of potential PK was only placed in rpnews roughly three or four months previous, whereas Ssissiv's actions happened well in advance of that.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:18 pm

I think Larim's point is, this is NOT a !PK mud since PK is allowed in some instances, and for you to bristle so grandly over this is hypocritical.

BTW, Ss was an ass for doing this, and deserves to get kicked in the nuts RL.
emote Rescuepractice
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:29 pm

This mud has had an Arena for pkill since at least Sojourn3. The ability to fight your fellow players has existed for at least that long. Extending that ability into a roleplay context, with all associated penalty (your hitpoints are temporarily lowered, you are transported away from where the fighting happened) is so vastly dissimilar from what Ssissiv did that a suitable comparison can't be aptly drawn.

Regardless, my involvement in this thread is over. If you have any further questions regarding the facts of PK within a RPQ session, please contact us in game.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:42 pm

Larem that was the... bleh I won’t insult you. Look dude, he brought a dragon into Waterdeep to kill non-RP people and there was no sanctioned RP event that day by any of the immortals. Let me turn on the RP flag right now and lure some mob that will get into the gates while your walking around with one of your alts that isn't fully protected and see how you feel when you die and lose some eq to it. Then I can claim I wanted to RP and cause destruction because I rolled up an evil character and that’s what he would do.

He summoned the dragon into the city and promptly left via portal. That took a lot of guts and skill to accomplish *notice the sarcasm*. Oh then I can look up and find every single rule that the immortals wrote (the rules are outdated by the way because they don't expect people to actually look for loop holes) and try to fit it into roleplay. They TRUST us to play fair not to look up ways to "bend" rules. Common sense should tell anyone that his actions were wrong. Funny thing is when people lure agro's to the gates of Waterdeep from MD for example people at least try to clean up the mess and the person usually responsible organizes the clean up because they know its wrong. In this case it was apparent it was done solely to laugh it up and say "I got the goodies good". Then stupid people like Gura and friends praise him for something a dragon did because he found a way to bypass the loop hole of pkill.

If you think that it’s right to have others hurt through this sort of act then you need to move onto a pkill mud and stop saying that this act had merit. This was and always will be a non-pkill environment when there is no RP immortal run event on that day going on. If you don't have the RP flag on its wrong to pkill that person simple as that. Ssissiv was a coward who enjoyed making other people suffer just to make himself look better in the eyes of his peers. Role playing is actually that role playing not using an object to summon a dragon then run away like a pussy.

If you want to keep bringing up role playing then look at it this way. He brought a dragon into Waterdeep, the lords of Waterdeep found out who the culprit was and had powerful mages like Khleben "blackstaff" Azure, along with all the other lords hunt him down and kill him for the heinous act he committed against the city. Then they made sure he would never be resurrected by burning his body and spreading his ashes to the four corners of the wind. But since Ssissiv didn't bother to write up a story and let the immortals know this was his RP plan I guess the immortals should give him the same courtesy and use this story now after the fact to validate their decision on why he was banned. Enjoy.

Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:58 pm

help rp

ROLEPLAY RP

The RP toggle is purely how your character will act. Having it on will
tell other players that you are role playing and to act accordingly. You
receive no benefits or bonuses from it (besides fun)
, it is all how you
play it.

Note: You cannot have both RP and AFK toggled at the same
time.

So you see during a non immortal run session this is how RP is outlined in the help files. So basically if I have my RP togged off your saying I have to worry about people who have RP togged on Larem? Give me a break.

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:30 am

if i remember from an argument i had with him a few months back, daggaz is ssissiv's forum name.

puts the original post in a whole new perspective.

edit: n/m, wasnt him
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:34 am

fyi crumar ssiv wasnt banned.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:55 am

i fail to see why ssissiv's actions were a big deal, and why some of you are still talking about it. It as freakin hilarious yes, and i wish i could of been in waterdeep at the time. Some of us have a stick up our ass really really really far. When is one undeserved death such a big deal? I cant remember a time when it was bigger than this one.

I mean hell ive been pkilled a ton! just ask sservis, or nonox, or vikaz.

i count it a pleasure that someone would think enough of me to end my life, *eyes get misty* thanks guys, now im getting vechlempt!
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:41 am

Not everybody shares your sense of humor, Rux.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:22 pm

Or ask Boboloppe about me...

Or anyone that's ever followed Mori into a zone...
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:24 pm

okay, this thread can die officially now.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:39 am

i agree
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:54 pm

Shevarash wrote:Yeah, if pkilling is so great, how bout we just let staff members start randomly killing people for fun? That'd be grand.

Oh crap, I knew I was backlogged :( Sorry guys!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”