3%
Never again, because the last gathering Jenera hosted was incredibly lame
3%

Total votes: 34
Jenera
Sojourner

TorilMUD Gatherings

Postby Jenera » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:38 pm

With the last gathering so successful and so much fun, I got to thinking how often I should host these. Indiana sucks, but it is rather centrally located and there are a lot of mudders in this area. Plus, I think you guys know I'm capable of doing this well.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:41 pm

There wasn't a vote for "quarterly."
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:42 pm

I nor anyone else can afford that, Kelly dear.
Btw, when are you moving up here to play D&D with us and be a true nerd?

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:52 pm

every 6 months!

i think Vena is going to try to organize a west coast event sometime in the next 9 months.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:59 pm

I vote summer, cuz driving in the winter blows. Especially when Pril is behind the wheel.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:08 pm

I believe Duard and Oriana are wanting to host a gathering next spring in Washington State also.

It just seems everyone is jumping on the 'hosting a gathering' bandwagon. Been wondering of late if I should even bother making it a tradition like I wanted to. If somebody somewhere is hosting a gathering every few months, I feel the novelty will wear off quickly. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly cannot afford to go anywhere to attend another gathering, whether it is driving or flying or train. So yeah, me wanting to host the only gathering in the country here in my home is horribly selfish, but I enjoy planning and putting it into action so much, I wish no one else would have their own, hehe.

Just thinking lately now that everyone isn't so shy about meeting the people they've played a game with for the past 10 years and gatherings start popping up everywhere, there is no point for me to host a big one in a crappy state like Indiana and I should just give it up.

Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:48 pm

Summer is always better.

But in terms of 'everyone wants to do this now', I think that's something you should be proud of Jenera. You have taken a group of stereotypically socially inept people and brought them together. Further, you did it so well that others now want to emulate it. While it may lose the luster of being the only one, those that came to see you will prolly still come to see you, and those that live too far away will still be too far away. I get the feeling from those who went that your/their get-together will always be memorable.

Just my 2 cents.
emote Rescuepractice
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:58 pm

Jenera,

While I agree that all posers should be shot (just kidding!), yours can be the traditional "Big" gathering - I'll still come to yours, with no luster lost. I might go to others as well... Always in search of the perfect barslut!!! (j/k). Anyhow, tell me when and tell me where, and I'll do my best to be there. Wow, that kinda rhymed. I should try to be the next Eminem. Which would be really funny, I think, since I can't carry a beat, let alone a tune!

Anyhow, props to the Indiana peeps for throwing the last gathering, and word to those who are setting up the next.

Don't mess with Jenera!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:01 am

Winter = Cheap. Try a winter in Ocean City, MD. Hotel rooms for $50/night!
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:12 am

I think it's good to have other people host gatherings. I'd like to meet some of my friends, but it's too expensive to go halfway across the country.

- Mike
muma
Sojourner

the toril party

Postby muma » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:31 am

it's hard for me to vote personally... if i just think of me. however next year it would be easier for it to be in the summer for me (possibly, that could be wrong).

since everyone else seems to say summer. me too. ok i'm gonna vote that. oh yeah, and every year :D
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:31 pm

Hrmm.. it's pretty close between summer and winter.. but looks like every year is the big winner.. so far ;) giggle ;)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:37 pm

thatd be cool if duard and oriana held a gathering.. it would be an excuse to go see some of the cooler portion of my family.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:34 pm

Hehe, I think people are misunderstanding my original post. I, in no way, want the gatherings I host to be the only 'getting together' of mudders. I organize little dinners and activities with the mudders in this area, who because of work, wives, gfs, and kids, would probably never see each other otherwise, even though we all live very close to each other.

It was more of a wistful thought that I enjoy hosting these gatherings so much that I wished I could be the only one who would arrange the nationwide version. Once a year, bug mudders all over the US, Canada, and even in other continents to come to my home and eat good comfort food, meet each other, etc., even though Indiana doesn't have much too offer.

It just seemed to me that nobody even cared about going through the stress of hosting a gathering, and yes, it does take quite a bit of planning despite what most may think. And suddenly, word of mouth got out of how much fun the people had and everyone jumped the bandwagon of wanting to host their own 'big gathering' . Instead of word of mouth leading to more people coming to my next gathering, it backfired on me and everyone wants to host their own. As of now, no less then 6 people are wanting to host the next 'big gathering' in their own niche of the country, and I'm just saying that I sighed in a bit of sadness, that's all.

rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:54 pm

Ya, but Hei, what you fail to realize is that not one of the 6 is as cool as you, so their gatherings will suck in comparison!!

Actually, I'm sure they'll all do a fine job, but you've got the experience and 10 ppl in your area, which makes yours ideal. I'll come to the next one you host!!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:10 pm

Hei, just trust us when we say your gathering will always be the first and foremost in our minds. Besides, you have all the people I'd be interested in seeing again already in your area. For any other gathering to even come close, somebody would have to hold one in Canada, and even then, all those Canucks are too strung out all over the place up there.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:55 pm

Cool, more in WA!

<-- Everett/Lake Stevens!

Anyone else? I know Pava and Pheten are both in the Tri-Cities area. The wank formerly known as Gargauth is in Bothell. Ssassin and Kugol are in West Seattle.

I know there's several along the I-5 corridor as well (Portland freaks, Vancouver geeks)...
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:42 pm

Me & Tibek are from Pullman Washington!
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:55 am

if they do have one i can prety much garontee linsow's zitahna's and my presence there
Fayren
Sojourner

Postby Fayren » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:36 pm

Maybe it is time to think about having a 2006 Mardi Gras slumber party ...

I did invited folks to Mardi Gras slumber parties a number of years ago - but then I took a break from this community.

Some of you (many of you no longer regulars on this Mud) have slept on my floor and took quick showers - so you could go partake of the Mardi Gras experience.

Something to consider
Fayren

PS - I am not jumping on the 'bandwagon', just a consideration ....
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:15 pm

Fayren wrote:Maybe it is time to think about having a 2006 Mardi Gras slumber party ...

Hehe - I'd be in for that one :)

Better forewarn the barsluts tho!
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:04 pm

I'm curious to know who voted that my gathering was lame....

Well that settles it. If you guys ever want to come to Indiana to a gathering here, just let me know in advance. Not going to make it tradition, as there is no point. That would only keep people from throwing big gatherings in their own niche of the country. Whenever you guys feel like coming to Indiana in winter, spring, summer, or fall in large numbers, just let me know and I'll start planning. Not likely I'll ever be able to afford to attend one someplace else. :)

rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:12 pm

I want a tradition Jen!!!!!

I'll go to others where I can, but yours kicked ass, and I would definitely go to an annual or every 2 years gathering!!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:53 pm

Jenera wrote:I'm curious to know who voted that my gathering was lame....

Looks like Larim's handwriting to me.

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:36 pm

fayren, i was thinking about mardi gras for next year.

as much as i enjoy mudding w/ you guys, i can't image buying a plane ticket to see you, unless it's convience.

example: if i was going to visit new york, i would try to hook up w/ thanuk.

or if i was going to mardi gras i would contact fayren

if i will hitting up a bar and wanted to hook up w/ some shank, i ask rer to be my wing man.

NEways, i'm flying into seattle, June 10th. getting there a little after midnight. if u wanna come pick me up and hang out between midnight-6am, hit me up.

sok
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:49 pm

sok wrote:if i will hitting up a bar and wanted to hook up w/ some shank, i ask rer to be my wing man.

ROFL.

Come to Denver.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:14 am

Jenera wrote:I'm curious to know who voted that my gathering was lame....

Well that settles it. If you guys ever want to come to Indiana to a gathering here, just let me know in advance. Not going to make it tradition, as there is no point. That would only keep people from throwing big gatherings in their own niche of the country. Whenever you guys feel like coming to Indiana in winter, spring, summer, or fall in large numbers, just let me know and I'll start planning. Not likely I'll ever be able to afford to attend one someplace else. :)

I think you are taking it wrong Hei .. take it as a compliment that others want to try to accomplish what you already have ... let your place be the BIG one, that other people in other parts of the country cannot attend , just like you couldnt attend one at .. say Our house ... other people have the same monetary/time constraints as you do .. and sounds/looks like people had WAY too much fun not to make it a tradition ...

as far as the person who said it was lame .. hell it could have been some jackass who didnt even go!

love,

-Jennifer
Sonon
Sojourner

Postby Sonon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:53 am

man i hate being a teenager
-------------------------------------------------------
Alysia group-says 'Lilen immolates a terrified squirrel to a charred crisp with his devastating inferno!'
-------------------------------------------------------
Lilen group-says 'where are all da trolls i was promised'
Lilen has left the group.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:59 pm

I just don't want to make it tradition because multiple big gatherings across the country is silly. Yeah, everyone can have small little get togethers whereever they are, especially since, like you said Ambar, that many people have the same money constraints as I do. But I love hosting these gatherings, I've hosted 3 thus far, two for Toril and one for Everquest that I invited some Toril people to. I believe Sok, Gordex, and Brog showed up to that one. I just don't want to set a tradition anymore in case someone who is able and really wants to come to one I host here, is hosting one themselves whereever they live. :)

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:38 am

Jenera wrote: I just don't want to set a tradition anymore in case someone who is able and really wants to come to one I host here, is hosting one themselves whereever they live. :)

Why couldn't it be tradition.. this last one the planning started what, 5 months ahead of time?? Seems to me that with the planning starting several months before hand there shouldn't be a conflict in schedules..
*shrug* :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”