Thanks Kiryan

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Vigis
Sojourner

Thanks Kiryan

Postby Vigis » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:11 pm

and the rest of the group for BC. Was a good time (even though I'm sitting at work with only 3 hours sleep under my belt, others had it worse *comf Akreb*

All in all in was a roller coaster ride, and I like roller coasters.

Lilira and Cefiw: Neither of you win, you should know I'd never stop at a dozen corpses.

Evils in Faang: Be nice to that stack of my corpses. . .I shudder to think what an Ogre does with a dead and nekkid Barb.

Thanks Again to everbody involved.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Nogs, the few hours of sleep that I got were SO necessary.

Sweet Jebus that's a long ass zone! Upgrade the lewt!!

And Vigis, I think only you and Aristan beat me in corpse piles... I got 10 resses last night and still have 4 more corpses in Avernus. *sigh* There went hundreds of % of exp in a flash! And the zone exp is nothing compared to how long that crap takes. That should be looked into. I think I was +10% from zone exp, and -316% from deaths. If I had gained 30-40%, I wouldnt have worried about it... and I wouldnt have worried about losing a fourth level, which I was damn close to doing. So far only have gotten 1 out of 3 levels back, but I'll get a second one with the next set of resses if I can get my corpses from Avernus.

Anyhow, thanks Mori! DOH! I mean Kiryan! :P

Actually, Kiryan did a great job, Bel's door just sucks major ass.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:27 pm

Yeas Kiryan, thanks for a really fun time, for the most part. The last couple of hours after my server screwed me over really sucked... having to sit there without even gsay to keep you company for that long is kind of a trial, which is my server's fault and I should hunt them down and show them the error of their ways. Other than that, I enjoyed the hell out of the zone. It was almost continual work for me, and that's always a good thing.

I won't do it again though, not like that. Fourteen hours to have 2/3's of the group bidding on the rogue item isn't worth it for me. Open bids on the dagger only ensure that the rogue is the only class who gets the least chance of winning a bid on the item for the class they actually zoned with. 10 of 15 people? I knew that would happen as soon as I realized bids were all open, because most people realize the dagger's in huge demand, even among people who don't play rogues regularly. Had tons of fun, would love to do it again some day... maybe after I get a nap and get over being crabby.

Oh, and I'm not saying it's right or wrong, so nobody go and start a big hubbub over it, I'm just saying those odds really aren't worth that kind of time and effort investment for me when I have to get up the next morning. I really did enjoy the zone, and would love to go again some day.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:40 pm

Oh, and a huge THANK YOU to the staff for their assistance, due to that bug with the zone, especially Eilistraee and Cyric (since those were the ones we actually interacted with, tons of thanks to anybody we didn't see who got involved). I know that even staff sometimes have to work the next morning, too, and Eilistraee stayed up to make sure the bug wasn't an issue.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:45 pm

Doh Ashiwi! I didn't realize you needed the dagger (thought you had 2 already~ my bad) If I had known I wouldn't have bid it and won it and lost it all at the same time :p

I do happen to have a lovely GCD that I will hook you up with *poke*

Next time I'll look more closely at the rogue. . .well if you're not being sneaky and pulling my fat arse out of the fire!

*Hugz Ashiwi*
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:50 pm

After 12 hours of trying to keep track of consents/reduces and the like, I had finally had it. My advice for any enchanter who agrees to solo-chant that zone:

#action {(%w) tells you 'scales'} {c 'dragonscale' %1}
#action {(%w) tells you 'blur'} {c 'blur' %1}
#action {(%w) tells you 'reduce'} {c 'reduce' %1}

Then you can just sit back, relax, and remem as necessary rather than trying to roll those spells for everyone. Once I did that, I enjoyed the zone much more.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Dagger should never be bid, should be given to the rogue who does the entire zone, especially if you only have one fugging rogue. That's just stupid. But hey, grats for beating your guildie for a dagger she could use!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:08 pm

Oh wow, sounds like madness. Hope you guys didn't lose too much!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:19 pm

cust curious. what was the loot?

i know dagger anything else?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:20 pm

It's kinda sad how you can only bring one rogue because you need the additional slot for a stupid invoker. InvokerMUD ftw!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:21 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Dagger should never be bid, should be given to the rogue who does the entire zone, especially if you only have one fugging rogue. That's just stupid. But hey, grats for beating your guildie for a dagger she could use!

*scratch* Vigis and Ashiwi Aren't guildies.. Unless Shadows and Realms combined... *shrug* :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:22 pm

Duna wrote:
Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Dagger should never be bid, should be given to the rogue who does the entire zone, especially if you only have one fugging rogue. That's just stupid. But hey, grats for beating your guildie for a dagger she could use!

*scratch* Vigis and Ashiwi Aren't guildies.. Unless Shadows and Realms combined... *shrug* :)

Vigis won in error, then they rebid so someone else won the dagger.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Maedor
Sojourner

Re: Thanks Kiryan

Postby Maedor » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:48 pm

nothing to see here...
Last edited by Maedor on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:00 pm

Ok, having missed my flight to Rome so I could have a change of bidding the dagger for Thalash, I'm now in a hotel having arrived five hours later than I was meant to. It's funny how mud can sometimes take over your life.

Damn that door proc is retarded :) It simply doesn't involve any skill at all - just pure blind chance. Ok, so I got very lucky as Akeb last nite - I still can't believe I didn't die at all, not once (and I made it in for every run at Bel except the first one where I wasn't following Kiryan yet). But that's just it - the reason I didn't die isn't due to any kind of skill on my part, but just because of pure fluke. (Well that and the fact that I had blur, scales, displace and mirror, plus a hotkey for abort;flee;south).

Oh, and I strongly agree with Ashiwi's point made earlier about bids. First time I did BC, I solo chanted the zone (I feel for you Aranel, not fun) and after a world of pain I wasn't allowed to bid the dagger because Thalash wasn't 50 yet - and at the time I was fine with that, because it had been said up front. I still went. But *shrug* was Kiryan who lead it, his choice.

Oh, and Vigis must be the worlds nicest guy. He was totally robbed (he won dagger and it was re-diced so that Vena could win it), his corpses got dropped in Faang (because Agor gated prime and called 'safe'), and he starts a thread saying thankyou. Damn, you're a far better man than I ;-)

Just for fun, here's a copy of a corpse room - this isn't even at the end of the zone, just a snapshot I grabbed at some point cause I thought it looked impressive.

Foyer in the Bronze Citadel
Exits: -N -S -W
[5] Corpse of Yggal is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Alilsil is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Kramel is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Aranel is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Aldira is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Maxler is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Rer is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Vena is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Vigis is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Kiryan is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Agor is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Anarii is lying here. (magic)
[3] Corpse of Kramel is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Ashod is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Agor is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Aristan is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Aldira is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Elun is lying here. (magic)
[2] Corpse of Kiryan is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Anarii is lying here. (magic)
Corpse of Aristan is lying here. (magic)
[5] Corpse of Vigis is lying here. (magic)
[5] Corpse of Vena is lying here. (magic)
[6] Corpse of Rer is lying here. (magic)
[5] Corpse of Maxler is lying here. (magic)
[4] Corpse of Kramel is lying here. (magic)
[5] Corpse of Kiryan is lying here. (magic)
[4] Corpse of Ashod is lying here. (magic)
[5] Corpse of Aristan is lying here. (magic)
[2] Corpse of Anarii is lying here. (magic)
[2] Corpse of Alilsil is lying here. (magic)
[3] Corpse of Aldira is lying here. (magic)
[5] Corpse of Agor is lying here. (magic)

This isn't all the corpses by any means, there was also the 30 or so that were lost due to the silly !magic dark room. (Does anyone know *why* that room is !magic? Is it *just* to screw players over? Zones should be a challenge, sure, but that's silly). Kudos to Kiryan for agreeing to do some forced RP to get the corpses back.

-akeb
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 pm

Vigis, ya big goofball, if you'd won the dagger, you would have won it fair and square, and I don't have any problem with that. Actually, when you won it, the first thing I thought was ...

Okay, the first thing I thought was "bastard Vigis!," but the second thing I thought was "how many corpses???" and it was all good.

Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:46 pm

rer wrote:Sweet Jebus that's a long ass zone! Upgrade the lewt!!

roll an evil it dont take so long with us.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Gura wrote:roll an evil it dont take so long with us.

I...

errrr...

Can I just quote that??!

Kramel
Sojourner

Postby Kramel » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:00 pm

Thanks Kiryan.

I had a blast.

Thanks to those who helped at the end, we needed it.

Kramel----Corpsecount 11
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:18 pm

Gura gonna lead BC March 13th. come one come all.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:34 pm

sok wrote:Gura gonna lead BC March 13th. come one come all.

He going to post his split policy with the zone?
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:41 pm

all short cambodian will get bids, otherwise u are screwed
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:34 am

OMG that zone was a blast and annoying at the same time. Yeah bidding got a little screwed but oh well it was still a blast. The painful part was staying up with kiryan after zone as my rogue trying to get into Avernus both of us were so retarded and mind fucked after the zone that i died once and kiryan died 3 times trying to get in. All is good though will have to do zone again.

Pril
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:29 am

Llaaldara wrote:
sok wrote:Gura gonna lead BC March 13th. come one come all.

He going to post his split policy with the zone?

if i wasnt in daytona beach on the 13th i might :-P maybe on the 20th. as for my split policy well u all made it too complicated. honestly tho i'd prolly hand out most of the items with passdowns.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:24 am

handouts with passdowns is actually a pretty good method :-) let me know if ya want ruxur in a bc run gura, ill see what i can do to clear my schedule
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:37 am

if i was gonna do bc tho i'd do it in 2 stages which should be allowed imo by the imms and its been mentioned before by corth about the 3 items u need being either rentable or storeable the night before a run and secondly that some items be exchangeable for their good or evil counterparts with the neutral code in place now.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:23 pm

the avernus portions are rentable now.

this saturdays trip is gonna be at least 1.5 hours shorter because we don't have to wander around avernus and don't have a potential spank on lich.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:39 am

Try having to switch from yer 50 rogue to yer half naked lvl 47 elementalist 5 mins before you start the run. :)
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:22 am

Nice corpse pile
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609

Return to “General Discussion Archive”