CIA? HERE!?!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Larem
Sojourner
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Crawfordville/Florida
Contact:

CIA? HERE!?!

Postby Larem » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:38 pm

so, i'm just wondering how many people here are actually employeed by the CIA?

I'm pretty sure Nokie was/is a CIA operative, and i think Kiryan might have some ties with the agency. The only sad part about all this is.......

I think Muma is CIA too :( Her acts of stupidity are just her cover. When in reality she's really their top assassin.

The CIA is everywhere, we know this, could it be that mudder you do xp with? could it be that person you just tried to rip off in a trade? Could it be a "god"??

The spooks are out there, and i'm pretty sure, they are here as well.
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Postby Shevarash » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:07 pm

less posting, more playing
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:23 pm

Shevarash wrote:less posting, more playing


Agreed.
kiryan
Sojourner
Posts: 7275
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA and Flagstaff, AZ
Contact:

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:31 pm

the cia wouldnt post whackjobs like me in the field

or would they.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:47 pm

The CIA sends out its teflors to baffle you with bullshit, then dazzles you with a backstab!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Virginia Beach
Contact:

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Shevarash wrote:less posting, more playing


Disagree. Less posting, less playing.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:57 pm

Thilindel wrote:The CIA sends out its teflors to baffle you with bullshit,


I know I baffle you, Thilindel, being handicapped as you are, but really, they'd do better to send you out. I'm just the lower bidder.
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:07 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:
Thilindel wrote:The CIA sends out its teflors to baffle you with bullshit,


I know I baffle you, Thilindel, being handicapped as you are, but really, they'd do better to send you out. I'm just the lower bidder.


You just go right ahead and think you're beyond anyone. *snicker* Timeless fun.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:11 pm

Really, Thilindel, there was no reason for you to start with the insults in this thread.
Botef
Sojourner
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Eastern Washington
Contact:

Postby Botef » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:35 pm

Image
Last edited by Botef on Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:36 pm

And there's no reason for you to continue it.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:40 pm

"Really, Thilindel, there was no reason for you to start with the insults in this thread."

Did I continue it with this post, Rer?
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:35 am

"Thilindel, being handicapped as you are,"

That's not exactly a compliment, Dave.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:36 am

Rer, that was supposed to be an insult. You do notice however, it comes before the other posts? As of that point I was no longer continuing, and thus your comment was unnecessary.

Do I really have to explain everything here?
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:38 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Rer, that was supposed to be an insult. You do notice however, it comes before the other posts?


Nothing's more pathetic than when you have to explain a joke. And there's no explaining a Teflor.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:40 am

*roll* This thread's going places.
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:42 am

Which is exactly my point. Sweet Jebus man! Be the bigger man and let things slide. If Thilindel wants to insult you in every thread, that's his prerogative. It doesn't mean that you need to lob insults back at him because of it. Eventually, he'll grow up too.

I'm done getting in the middle of these things. Feel free to respond if you want, but I'm outta this one.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:48 am

rer wrote:Which is exactly my point. Sweet Jebus man! Be the bigger man and let things slide. If Thilindel wants to insult you in every thread, that's his prerogative. It doesn't mean that you need to lob insults back at him because of it. Eventually, he'll grow up too.

I'm done getting in the middle of these things. Feel free to respond if you want, but I'm outta this one.


No no, you're right on that one. Even though I have no desire to be the bigger man... Check out the Idiot Trap thread instead. Now that's a thread that's going places.
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:53 am

teflor the ranger wrote:
rer wrote:Which is exactly my point. Sweet Jebus man! Be the bigger man and let things slide. If Thilindel wants to insult you in every thread, that's his prerogative. It doesn't mean that you need to lob insults back at him because of it. Eventually, he'll grow up too.

I'm done getting in the middle of these things. Feel free to respond if you want, but I'm outta this one.


No no, you're right on that one. Even though I have no desire to be the bigger man... Check out the Idiot Trap thread instead. Now that's a thread that's going places.

Yeah, that thread will go further than you ever will in your life. But you need to get one first.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:55 am

I think you just self-pwned there Thil.

Go post some more of your particular brand of BBS fare here: http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15559

You seem to belong.
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:59 am

For cripes sake you guys, would you just quit? Take it to private messages, or something. It's like listening to the neighbors fight every effing night. If neither of you will back off for yourselves or for the other, then do it for the rest of us who use this BBS?

An occasional disagreement is one thing, but don't keep at it on and on and on.

Thank you Rer.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:59 am

I don't bother researching further links of yours. Like you, they're not worth it.
rylan
Sojourner
Posts: 2903
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Hudson, MA

Postby rylan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:25 am

Image
Larem
Sojourner
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Crawfordville/Florida
Contact:

Postby Larem » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:44 am

Shevarash wrote:less posting, more playing



ever heard of a man named Frederick Douglass? he was born a slave in 1817 and secretly learned to read and write. He escaped slavery in 1838 and went on to become an acclaimed orator, newspaper publisher, abolitionist, and advisor to presidents Lincoln and Grant. Here are a couple quotes from him that seem to fit the quote i got from you listed above.

Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants.


You are not judged on the height you have risen but on the depth from which you have climbed.


Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.


I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incuring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.


The soul that is within me no man can degrade.
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Sesexe
Sojourner
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:13 am

Postby Sesexe » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:43 am

teflor the ranger wrote:Rer, that was supposed to be an insult. You do notice however, it comes before the other posts? As of that point I was no longer continuing, and thus your comment was unnecessary.

Do I really have to explain everything here?


Image
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3172
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:04 am

That's a cute chick!
Kifle
Sojourner
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Huntington, IN USA
Contact:

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:01 am

I'd give her the pleasure...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Burmadapig
Sojourner
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:56 pm
Location: New Orleans
Contact:

Postby Burmadapig » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:04 pm

less posting, more playing


Shevy is either CIA or FBI or ABC...one of the three!
Botef
Sojourner
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Eastern Washington
Contact:

Postby Botef » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:55 pm

Image
Gormal
Sojourner
Posts: 3914
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:01 am
Location: A Whale's Vagina
Contact:

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:22 pm

LOL botef! omg so funny
Larem
Sojourner
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Crawfordville/Florida
Contact:

Postby Larem » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:14 pm

i don't think shevarash is cia. I don't even think he's american. Only a canadian could fit such bad musical tastes into such ugly ansi.
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:20 pm

I'd be willing to bet that the CIA has foreign operatives... Maybe Shev's a Canadian double-agent??
Larem
Sojourner
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Crawfordville/Florida
Contact:

Postby Larem » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:27 pm

naw, if shevarash is an operative, and he is canadian, i'd hafta say he's either MI6, or whut ever the french equivalant is
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:31 pm

MI6 is British.

The French have intelligence?
rylan
Sojourner
Posts: 2903
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Hudson, MA

Postby rylan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm

rer wrote:The French have intelligence?


Yeah, they spy to find out the most effective ways to surrender! :P
Vahok
Sojourner
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:01 am
Location: guelph,ontario,canada

Postby Vahok » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:36 pm

Actually the top level of Canadian intelligence is called CSIS (Canadian Secret Intelligence Service..something like that anyways). Basically, it isn't separate like the CIA but it is a top level of the RCMP (Mounties for Americans.)
Meatshield
shalath
Sojourner
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:46 pm

Postby shalath » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:21 pm

Vahok wrote:Actually the top level of Canadian intelligence is called CSIS (Canadian Secret Intelligence Service..something like that anyways). Basically, it isn't separate like the CIA but it is a top level of the RCMP (Mounties for Americans.)


The idea of a canadian mountie (red costume, funny hat, riding horse) trying to sneak around unnoticed really appeals to me :-)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Vahok
Sojourner
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:01 am
Location: guelph,ontario,canada

Postby Vahok » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:40 pm

shalath wrote:
Vahok wrote:Actually the top level of Canadian intelligence is called CSIS (Canadian Secret Intelligence Service..something like that anyways). Basically, it isn't separate like the CIA but it is a top level of the RCMP (Mounties for Americans.)


The idea of a canadian mountie (red costume, funny hat, riding horse) trying to sneak around unnoticed really appeals to me :-)


Hehehe. I also find it funny. But not as funny as a country with guards wearing big fur hats and also wearing red costumes. Oh the irony...:)
Meatshield
Larem
Sojourner
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Crawfordville/Florida
Contact:

Postby Larem » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:27 pm

rylan wrote:
rer wrote:The French have intelligence?


Yeah, they spy to find out the most effective ways to surrender! :P




okay, we all hate france, but isn't it about time all this surrender stuff stops? i mean come on, has everyone forgotten joan of arc? or even napolean? France has seen the error in it's ways. War is not healthy for a country and it's people. If only other countries would realize that. Die capitalism and democracy, both of which further distance us from utopia.
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
teflor the ranger
Sojourner
Posts: 3923
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Waterdeep

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:31 pm

War is no more unhealthy for a country than ignoring the plight of those suffering under the governments which we go to war with.

Quite frankly, I prefer a healthy democracy and just capitalism to "nowhere".
ssar
Sojourner
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Postby ssar » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:55 am

Sojourn/Toril MUD has had lots players who are agents and former agents of whole heaps of special service agencies: CIA, FBI, ASIO, CSIS, KGB, MI5, Mafia, Triads, Yakuza, Secret Service and more!

Hell, some of our logs go straight into analysis programs to identify security and terrorism risks - imagine wading thru some of the crap we toss over ooc?!

But Muma CIA?!?! I draw the line at that. :P
BEER
rer
Sojourner
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby rer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:02 pm

While I do not agree that war is Healthy for a country, or for anyone for that matter, it does provide some interesting side effects that do seem to be beneficial for the victor - most importantly is a typically strong economic growth. During periods of war, employment tends to rise, as the number of available bodies decreases, causing increased spending and growth. On the other hand, how can any activity in which thousands of people are dying be considered "healthy" by any means? Regardless of the moral value in toppling a dictator like Saddam Hussein or destroying a fascist regime like the Nazis, the argument is generally, "We are killing these evil people to stop the killing." In some cases, certainly, it seems that there was no other way than losing 7 million men to battle in order to prevent the continued slaughter of innocents whose deathtoll had already reached 6 million. Yet, is it not morally reprehensible to destroy the life of another?

Well, now I have gotten into a philosophical question that all will have different answers to, as each person has their own defining experiences, values, and ideologies. Rather than attacking the viewpoints of one another, perhaps we can enter into a calm, reasoned discussion in which each person is able to present his or her point of view without fear of reprecussion? Somehow I doubt it, as I know that I have been as guilty as others of slandering others points of view because of disagreements in the past, yet I would hope that we are all mature enough to at least read others thoughts and reflect on them - regardless of how full of merit we found them.
Kifle
Sojourner
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Huntington, IN USA
Contact:

Postby Kifle » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:09 pm

rer wrote:While I do not agree that war is Healthy for a country, or for anyone for that matter, it does provide some interesting side effects that do seem to be beneficial for the victor - most importantly is a typically strong economic growth. During periods of war, employment tends to rise, as the number of available bodies decreases, causing increased spending and growth. On the other hand, how can any activity in which thousands of people are dying be considered "healthy" by any means? Regardless of the moral value in toppling a dictator like Saddam Hussein or destroying a fascist regime like the Nazis, the argument is generally, "We are killing these evil people to stop the killing." In some cases, certainly, it seems that there was no other way than losing 7 million men to battle in order to prevent the continued slaughter of innocents whose deathtoll had already reached 6 million. Yet, is it not morally reprehensible to destroy the life of another?

Well, now I have gotten into a philosophical question that all will have different answers to, as each person has their own defining experiences, values, and ideologies. Rather than attacking the viewpoints of one another, perhaps we can enter into a calm, reasoned discussion in which each person is able to present his or her point of view without fear of reprecussion? Somehow I doubt it, as I know that I have been as guilty as others of slandering others points of view because of disagreements in the past, yet I would hope that we are all mature enough to at least read others thoughts and reflect on them - regardless of how full of merit we found them.


Rer, you're an idiot. You make no sense. j/k. Honestly, that's the only way you can justify war in the end. However, the utilitarian view of war can always be countered by saying, "who's to know if what you did was better?" It could just as easily be argued that Saddam could have had a life altering epiphany the next day and turned into a saint. Yeah, it's highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. After truman dropped the big one, he said he did it to save more than he had killed...the utilitarian apporach. However, he was later posed a question, 'would you boil a live baby to save two?' He didn't respond. The questioneer then said, 'no, you just don't boil babies." Yeah, it's an argument structured with emotive language, but it works none-the-less.

About the war, though. I have no idea. I think we could have pulled off an assassination and then set up a puppet government instead of starting a war and setting up a puppet government. That would have been better for the people in our country and theirs. honestly, we should have kept our attention on bin laden, but that's neither here nor there now.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Crumar
Sojourner
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Canada

Postby Crumar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:40 am

Another useless post brought to you by Larem.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609

Return to “General Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest