WoW!!!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Elisten
Sojourner

WoW!!!

Postby Elisten » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:01 am

(I know there was a post awhile back but I didn't keep digging for it. Forgive me!)

Who of you actually play WoW?

And if you do, anyone play on Darkspear?

While Toril/Sojourn/et. al. will always be in my heart.. I can't get ENOUGH of WoW.

If you ever join up on Darkspear, drop me a line!! Would love to chat!

Love,
Eli

8)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:21 am

Proudmore
alliance
aerisia elf hunter
shalea elf druid
korbi dorf priest

horde
narra troll warrior

Stormscale
horde
telina undead mage
Lasar
Sojourner

Postby Lasar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:41 am

Quite a few of us on Proudmoore actually. (Though not sure if I count as much of a mudder, haven't played, or rather OOC'd, in ages)

My characters are Acria, Adilmira, and Riladaple (Human Warlock, NE Druid, and Gnome Warrior), hit me up in game for some questing/instance running. :D
Adilmir

You cleave a purple goat in twain with your flaming blade!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:57 pm

proudmoore here as well.

Kifle NE rogue
Cifle dwarf pally
Kifler NE druid
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:09 pm

I play on Bleeding Hollow, though since it's one of those cool realms with all the problems (population, still down for the maintanence from yesterday), I dont reccomend you start a char here :P But I wanted to post with all the cool people and list my chars!

Talsor 60 Human Warlock (With Inferno woo!)

I think I am gonna make a char on Proudmoore too :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:07 pm

Dartan/Folur/Tarrok/Averyn/Lloric/Allycis all play on Tichondrious. Kurz and Rolart are inactive.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
kragt
Sojourner

Postby kragt » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:30 pm

Uldum:
Shambles undead mage
Brak orc warrior
Guildname: Pollos de Muerte

Hyjal
Tripod gnome mage
Guildname: Drunk and Disorderly
Selzan
Sojourner

Postby Selzan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 pm

kragt wrote:Hyjal
Tripod gnome mage
Guildname: Drunk and Disorderly

Aha! Whelp, I'm also on Hyjal (along with several other old toril folks), and will definitely be keeping my eye out for you on the pvp front :)

My main character is Sarkhon, 60 troll rogue, Fires of Heaven -- see you around :P (to the extent that any of you play a Hoarde character on Hyjal, feel free to drop me a msg at any time).
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:37 am

i was on proudmoore until the leet dewdz and constant raiding of tarren mill became annoying. i have a 40 rogue, 44 shaman, 45 priest all horde.
rugrn
Sojourner

Postby rugrn » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:51 pm

proudmoore
rugrn troll shaman
epicure orc hunter
battlemagus troll mage

Ossis, Semat, Kupa, and Narzon play with me on proudmoore horde side ^^ Hope to see you guys on alliance side pvp flagged =P
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:34 am

rugrn wrote:Ossis, Semat, Kupa, and Narzon play with me on proudmoore horde side ^^ Hope to see you guys on alliance side pvp flagged =P

anytime you want some :)

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:33 am

archimonde
korris - night elf druid

arthas
korris - undead priest
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:23 pm

Tichondrious here.

Tanji tauren druid and Mamoru troll mage.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:54 am

I'm running around on Icecrown myself, as a level 60 rogue named Sythel. Friends volunteered me to be their guild leader there before I learned where most of the old MUDders were.
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'You are no match for elemental pants!'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:27 am

Some loser stole my name on WoW so I havent played there

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:51 am

Praxel on Tichondrius, Tauren Shaman (40 as of now). If anyone is looking to start out, or start over on a new server, drop me a tell and I'll give you the business.
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:19 am

City of Heros > WoW

Bill Gates III > all

See!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 pm

I was thinking of going PvP, but is Tichondruis still having nasty server issues...i mean, worse than most?

Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:15 pm

skullcrusher, alliance.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:04 pm

Tichondrius, PVP
Argent Dawn, RP

horde only, fuck the alliance
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:50 am

Kifle wrote:I was thinking of going PvP, but is Tichondruis still having nasty server issues...i mean, worse than most?

Seems like the only time Tico is in queue is when other servers are down for maintenance. Don't get me wrong, Orgrimmar is still a clusterfuck that will have your processor screaming for mercy, and there are the occasional 2000ms latency spikes. But overall, it's very playable 95% of the time. Sargeras was definitely worse when I played there.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:57 pm

speaking of mercy - i've got a 256MB ATI Radeon 9600, my friend has an Nvidia Quattro card, both of us will a couple of times a night just have our video card lock up, and force us to reboot the computer.

We have the newest driver updates, no programs in the background, and it doesn't happen with anything but WoW. Has anyone else heard of problems like this?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:13 pm

kwirl wrote:speaking of mercy - i've got a 256MB ATI Radeon 9600, my friend has an Nvidia Quattro card, both of us will a couple of times a night just have our video card lock up, and force us to reboot the computer.

We have the newest driver updates, no programs in the background, and it doesn't happen with anything but WoW. Has anyone else heard of problems like this?

try running it in open gl mode .. worked for me with my lockups ... (thank you arilin for telling me about open gl :P)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:14 pm

bah
Last edited by Ambar on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:16 pm

Tichondrious really only lags when Azuregos and Kazzak are up and both factions fight for the spawn, or when all the servers crap out. The queue is almost non-existant during peak hours.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:07 pm

yeah i ran the game using the -openGL switch, felt like it ran better, but after a few hours of play it crashed again

so i went into my display settings and switched the hardware rendering to opengl mode as well, again, a few more hours and it crashed

i've run the file corruption tool from blizzard, checked my settings in dxdiag, i don't know what else to do, but thanks for the suggestion!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:08 am

hurrm .. yeah -open gl fixed me .. my lockups were mostly when my video was tasked pretty heavily .. ie: at gryph rides into SW, and other places like that ...

something else I find odd (but PROBABLY not related) .. had an OLD as hell 80GiG HDD as my prime .. installed a 250GiG as slave (well i was too lazy to switch to the new drive) ...

finally decided to switch to new drive, formatted .. started fresh with clean XP-Pro install , and now do not use open gl mode at all .. and experience no lockups .. isnt that odd?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:43 pm

Ambar wrote:hurrm .. yeah -open gl fixed me .. my lockups were mostly when my video was tasked pretty heavily .. ie: at gryph rides into SW, and other places like that ...

something else I find odd (but PROBABLY not related) .. had an OLD as hell 80GiG HDD as my prime .. installed a 250GiG as slave (well i was too lazy to switch to the new drive) ...

finally decided to switch to new drive, formatted .. started fresh with clean XP-Pro install , and now do not use open gl mode at all .. and experience no lockups .. isnt that odd?

It is odd, but WoW is pretty RAM dependant it seems. I checked mine out and it was using up 800/1k mb of my ram when I was in the middle of Redridge. If you don't have 1gig of RAM I'd assume you're gonna be paging a lot and slowing down, so an old HD could very well cause some problems.

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:49 am

1 GiG PNY 3200 RAM :)

we looking at proices to upgrade us both to 2GiG

(anyone got a hookup?)
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:44 am

my main is on bronzebeard, Kalay

I also have characters on a pvp server

-g
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:21 pm

Skullcrusher pwns u.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:32 am

If you have a Dell computer with onboard sound card, you might experience occasional blue screening. If you ever crash to blue screen with an error in file P16x.sys, that's a Dell sound card driver. I crashed about once an hour when I first installed the game. Then I swapped out the sound card with an old box I had laying around, and never had another crash.

I have 512MB of RAM, and flying into Orgrimmar during peak hours is basically a five-minute ordeal. I land on the wind rider platform, and my video just freezes solid for several minutes. The mouse moves, but nothing updates and no keys respond. I just have to let it sit there until it's good and ready before I can move. Then it'll freeze and jerk until I leave the city, but at least it's playable.
Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:03 pm

Was just curious...in terms of server side filtering and whatever hardware configuration Blizzard has in place, is WoW even possible without a broadband connection? I've seen the game and it looks good, but my friend was experiencing all sorts of lag with a cable connection and machine that was capable of running the game. Not enough to make it unplayable...just a bit jumpy and annoying in light of the fact that it is a subscription service based game. Anyone have any experience with non-bb connection and gameplay viability?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:16 pm

The game is worth upgrading whatever you have in order to play it. Well, maybe not after next patch.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:00 pm

Dalar wrote:The game is worth upgrading whatever you have in order to play it. Well, maybe not after next patch.

Yeah, rogues going down faster than a whore on nickle night.

anyway, I have a cable connection and it run just fine. I know a few people that play with dial-up, and they have a few complaints, especially in Ironforge, but they say it's still playable.

Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:25 pm

Thanks for the input ! Gives me a little food for thought in trying to decide whether or not to pick up the game. I just don't want it to be unplayable and regret purchasing it. It looks to be a nice game, if one that still needs some debugging.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:10 pm

Since Nov 23, subscribers have received 15 or 16 extra days of subscription because of server screwups. I'm on Tichondrious, which is one of the opening day servers, and I still haven't regretted it since.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:17 pm

Just curious, how far is everyone in WoW? Anyone kill Onyxia or Majordomo? Or are you guys just playing the casual game.

Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:36 pm

My guild is small, though we're working on our Onyxia keys and are planning on raiding Onyxia by the end of this month.

As for my character Talsor, he's level 60 with full Dreadmist, has the infernal, just needs to do the epic mount quest, as well as the ritual of doom quest (didnt feel like farming those doomguard commanders) when it goes in next patch.

-Talsor/Ed
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:06 am

I'm too busy doing the Alt thing to worry about the endgame instances. I have about half the shadowcraft set, but that's about it.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Onyxia sux. Some guild on our server keeps "cheating" by jumpin onto the ledge in the back of the cave so they don't get hit by lava bursts on phase 3.

Selzan
Sojourner

Postby Selzan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:06 pm

Everything dead except Ragnaros ... should hopefully happen soon
Atin
Sojourner

Postby Atin » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:03 pm

Just started playing about two weeks ago on Eldre'Thalas -- I wanted a newer server rather than deal with all the problems the more mature servers seemed to be having.

Eldre'Thalas - Alliance
--------------

Bandej -- 23 Dwarf Priest
Atin -- 20 Gnome Mage
Putamerda -- 11 NE Warrior
Vermelho -- 1 Human Paladin

Peronolde -- Horde
--------------

Nubia - 12 Tauren Shaman

I've been thoroughly enjoying this game since I got it. I get a little lag because I'm playing from South America, but it's not too bad. Occasionally I'm having problems with getting booted from the server after I turn in a quest, but that seems to be happening less and less. Which is nice, considering it was happening every time I turned in a quest and forced me to do a complete reinstall of the game *gag*.

Considering how little time I have to devote to gaming, WoW probably means an end to my Mudding days. So I hope I run into you all on one of these realms.

Abracos,
Atin

--------------------------

Develop Faculty X
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:23 am

Hey Selzan, hook it up w/ some majordomo tactics. I'm too lazy to wipe and learn :P Golemagg down but we didn't even try.

Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:51 am

If anyone wants to join us, liganes (me), diel, molor, veldrex, qualith, gerlock, hibbidy are on skullcrusher. its a pvp server. our guild name is <YourMommasAHorde>.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:07 am

Ihazim wrote:If anyone wants to join us, liganes (me), diel, molor, veldrex, qualith, gerlock, hibbidy are on skullcrusher. its a pvp server. our guild name is <YourMommasAHorde>.

Join us!

rehsurclluks eht nioj.
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:12 am

You can either find me on Thunderlord as Relka (orc hunter) or Destromath as Caerlyn (NE warrior) been mainly on Destromath lately.
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:26 pm

yea we need more guildmembers on skullcrusher

lv50 paladin so far, still tryin to find time to get lv60 before summer sweeps me away!

this game is teh pwn :P
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Tue May 03, 2005 6:36 pm

I'm a Shadowpriestess undead, soon to be lvl 60 on pvp Tich.

I am truely the forsaken.

Horde > Alliance any day. :)
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue May 03, 2005 6:51 pm

Sundara wrote:I'm a Shadowpriestess undead, soon to be lvl 60 on pvp Tich.

I am truely the forsaken.

Horde > Alliance any day. :)

You'll never get 60 squishing alliance all day in hillsbrad...

Return to “General Discussion Archive”