A Happy Thread

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Thilindel
Sojourner

A Happy Thread

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:23 pm

In light of recent threads I figure I would start one to a different note.

1) Thank you Shev, Shar, Cyric, and others for helping to keep this game going and keeping my sorry ass entertained for like 10 years or more.

2) Please put my innate stats to 200 (j/k) :P

I just wanted a thread to have thanks and stuff in it for what you appreciate in the game. What brings me back most is Lilithelle, which the gods would like to claim fame to, but can't =D

You know you've done a good job when for over a decade, people still are captivated by your creation and maintenance.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Just thought it was funny that thread has been viewed 10x and nobody has anything positive to add for how much or what it is they like about the mud hehe
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:01 pm

Thank you for keeping Larim here so that we can have hours upon hours of quality entertainment while we give him shit about tanking worse than a halfling warrior on crack!

Pril
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Re: A Happy Thread

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:14 pm

Thilindel wrote:In light of recent threads I figure I would start one to a different note.

1) Thank you Shev, Shar, Cyric, and others for helping to keep this game going and keeping my sorry ass entertained for like 10 years or more.

You know you've done a good job when for over a decade, people still are captivated by your creation and maintenance.

The MUD has been officially under their collective direction for approx 1 year 6 months 15 days. I believe Nov. 1st 2003 was their first offical day of independance from Kris, and fully established their current 3 Forgers. Before that it has been under the direction and influence of other people, and would be inappropriate to praise the 3 people currently in charge of this version of the MUD for the time periods and versions beforehand.

Therefore, if you'd like to praise the MUD and it's direction under the current owners, it would be more appropriate to cover the time period that their specific ownership has been in charge.

As such, I would like to thank the current owners for their support and continued promotion of the RP/Quest sphere, which has brought a degree of enjoyment and entertainment to the MUD for me. I would also like to thank the current forgers of Torilmud for their incorporation of the HomelandMUD staff/areas/code, which is proving to be perhaps the most beneficial move towards the MUD's betterment in years.
Last edited by Llaaldara on Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssolsinorr
Sojourner

Long goodbye

Postby Ssolsinorr » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:40 pm

Well I really can't say enough about this mud, I know it has gone through many forms and stages but I came to it just as sojourn 2 was being implemented and it was the best thing since sliced bread as far as I was concerned. I had been a mud junky since early on started out on bbs's.. Majormud, Swords of Chaos, Telearena hehe for the old schoolers, and finally was turned on to sojourn y a coupla friends that played some of the others with me. I knew as soon as I saw it that it was definatly by far the best and only thing I wanted ot play from then on out. I played religiously for quite a long time until a pwipe came and put all my hard work and hours of raiding, with nothing to show. Well I guess I was frustrated and left and went on to duris for a bit, and then finally ran on to graphic based games. Was en EQ addict for a while and dabbled in DAOC, but the funny thing was all along my gaming career after this one I still found my mind drifting back to Sojourn and some of the friends I had made and some of the crazy things and adventures I had experienced in my haul here. Well one day after having quit all online games for a bit was browsing the internet after a new friend I had met had told me about a dragonball z mud he played and wanted me to.. All I could say was that the best one I had ever played was sojourn etc etc and raved for a bit about how good it had been. Then out of sheer curiosity I did a search and went to the info sight for it and found it to be up and running and not only that but bigger and better than ever. Well I guess the decision was made in my head that night although I put off for a coupla days for my brain to truly understand how much I had missed it. Well soon as I realized no more pwipes and all the other good stuff, I pretty much jumped right back in and never looked back ehhe. Well to stop rambling on, I would still say this is the best game graphic or otherwise in my humble opinion and I would like nothing else than to play no other ever again now that have have found it again... Anywayz sounds like an addict but what can I say its just a great darn game :).

Sol
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:16 pm

I'd like to say thanks so much for everything this mud has done for me over the years, and the staff's great attitudes on most things.

Can you go back to being assholes on some other things? There's not nearly enough punishment going on.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: A Happy Thread

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:50 pm

Llaaldara wrote:Therefore, if you'd like to praise the MUD and it's direction under the current owners, it would be more appropriate to cover the time period that their specific ownership has been in charge.

Thilindel wrote:for helping to keep this game going
=D
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:53 pm

I still have to thank the mud for my current happiness :)

Christ that means I have to thank the guy who brought me to the mud .. again .. :P
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:09 pm

I would like to thank the powers that be for the paragraph. It makes things so much easier to read.
Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:36 pm

F you all in the A...could you please shut the mud down again...that way these people will all have to get a life! Especially that Larim kid...I met him and it was truly sad!

J/K - wanted to throw my 2 coppers in...to say kudos to all the imms for putting up with us for so long and providing a viable means of entertainment and even the opportunity to make some friends.

P.S. - Larim/Jenera/Dranix.....Lacuna Coil still sucks! *duck* :lol:

P.S.S. - Pril smells

That is all....

Furbie
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:35 pm

Pril wrote:Thank you for keeping Larim here so that we can have hours upon hours of quality entertainment while we give him shit about tanking worse than a halfling warrior on crack!

Pril

larim was pretty funny. he was talking smack in arena. so i brought sokwa out there. he was avoiding it cuz he said he think it's lame to fight rogue in arena. anyways i manage to convince him that i have faith in him and that i think he will win. anyways i find him backstab him and RIP. i was laughing my @ss off. but it goes to show up larimi does know what he's talking about.

edit---------

forgot to say thanks. kiryan for hooking me up w/ eq. to gura for giving me his password and allowing me to MULTIPLAY him. <------------ Imms you heard that? *nudge* *nudge* Gura... Multiplay...Delete...*wink* *wink* but i didn't say anything

Return to “General Discussion Archive”