The Immortals

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

The Immortals

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:25 pm

Sit back and take a minute and think please.

Who are some of the names of good players from Soj/Toril history you'll never forget? (Good as in, people who left a positive image on your view of the game, not good as in 'goodrace' because I mean all player races/classes).

This isn't a popularity contest in the least, so don't treat it as such. Come up with your own lists, and try your best to not to just grab from others. I'd like to see who was influenced by who in their playing over the years.

Please Adhere to the following respectul requests within this thread:
-No getting into any nasty drama details. Post the names, and as much class/race/gender info as you can, as well as one possitive aspect about that player (aka your reason for listing them).
-No bashing people, or quoting other people. Speak for yourself.
-No obvious brown nosing of current players. Remember, I said 'Soj/Toril history' and that is indicating players who are not currently playing or haven't played for over a year.
-No derailing my thread. Post your list once, and update it if you need to.

I appreciate your help to keep this positive and productive.

Thank You.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:56 am

- Serro
- Adriorn
- Aradune
- Marda
- Marforp (was playing...he still around? *peer*)
- Mplor (same here...where are j00?)
- Vallon/Tavon
- Kanthas
- Krazrat (aka Krazax)
- Thruar
- Grunthar
- Gogan
- Zira
- Wug
- Jilael/Vadicus
- Sebitar(d)
- Ragorn
- Urz

ADDED:

- Grimulk (can't believe I forgot him off the original post, I was thinking of him just the other day)
- Serrala (hadn't heard this name in ages)
- Tagad/Deregan (first to show me small group tactics, a la lava demon)

...and RIP Waza :( one of the nicest guys around back on Soj1, even though I didn't personally group with him but a couple times I think.
Last edited by Yasden on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:57 am

Wow...

I guess I should list Ragorn first, since he's technically not active any more. The reason? He played the game the way I play the game.

Who else...realizing my list probably won't match up with many others.

- Kasita Stardreamer, my first mud wife.
- Krazax, badass of the old Swamp Hunters, who thought 2 warriors and a shaman were plenty to do the dbone bracelet (back when it was trolls, ogres, and the occasional outcast)
- Vrunx/Lithel, for reasons that decorum prevents listing (though I hear he's back???)
- Rileas (gawd where did I pull that name from), the paladin who could've singlehandedly forced the creation of the 5-minute FS shout rule.
- Berronar, for giving great big hugs for no reason other than she liked doing it (is she still around in some other form?)

I know I'm forgetting tons, but these came to mind first.
*beer*
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 am

Vandic wrote:- Berronar, for giving great big hugs for no reason other than she liked doing it (is she still around in some other form?)

No, but i can pass along the message for you.

And my addition to the list:

Kyrend
Santego
Ratiis
Marforp again
Sangdraxus

Plenty more that don't come to mind right now...
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:55 am

Hrmm.. wow.. people who don't play anymore and influenced me..

Kobei
Varia
Tholmir
Thamas
Maelgwyn
and a couple people who's name's escape me atm.. I can remember classes and races, but the names are foggy :(
Been too many years :(

And last I knew, Mplor was playin evercrack.
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:15 pm

Probably won't be to many people on my list.

Adriorn
Waelos
Dhurn
Corth
Dlur
Mamoru
Toddrick

Not to many evils,

Jegzed
Blung

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that tend to stand out.
Last edited by Arilin Nydelahar on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:49 pm

Jalagai
Hibbidy
Diel
Molokaram
Bilgai
Niligai
mumeh
lonel
glahir
soroth
kiyre, cause he sucks
aeds
athanaum, husband of llandrien
kedle
rat
Your
Momma
IsA
Horde
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Verar.. err I mean Kurz!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:05 pm

Kobei
Maelgwynn
Tayros
Gort
Pride of The Sabertooth... :p
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:11 pm

wow...i'm on the list! *is flattered*
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:26 pm

Ihazim wrote:athanaum, husband of llandrien

I...

What???

Damn Zennie, you had me WAY fooled.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:34 pm

kobei - for taking a newbie into a guild, and showing me the community
diac - for teaching me so much and letting me learn from him
sok - for inspiring me
crumar - for being a friend and taking me places
ragorn - for providing another view into this world
waelos - for being a cool guy, and taking time out for others
selias - for answering my newbie chanter questions
pride and wyrm - for being a home away from home
xisiqomelir - for returning my kindness in turn, and culturing a positive attitude
donuktanam - for enduring my breakfast name jokes
slavan - for being an understanding leader

obviously this list is not conclusive, but it is an entry to the top of my head
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:37 pm

In no particular order:

Old School Evils:
Grimulk/Jaeb (Troll Shaman/Bard) - Holder of vast knowledge of the game, and ALWAYS a nice guy, and he belongs in the leaders list also.

Wug (Troll Shaman among others) - Very knowledgable, had great ideas for making a small group of ogres/trolls workable and always very funny.

Thrakazog/Thrak/Mumba (Berserkers of various races) - Rough, tough, and almost mean at times, but a super good player with lots of crazy ideas.

Anga and Urz (Trolls)- These two taught me a lot of how to be a proper troll over the years.

Jukahn(warrior and Berc's brother, later Shratz on Duris) - Only person I ever succeeded in 2-manning rabid troll with and a hell of a guy.

Gogan, Serrala, Drakkoth, Targsk - Warriors of note from pre-illithid evils.

Awesome Leaders:
Kurz/Lothair/Porthal (Warrior) - One of the smartest guys I've ever met, not to mention one of the best leaders of all times and my personal favorite leader to follow.

Modu (Sorc)- Smart dude, and all around swell guy, great leader of both zone groups and guild.

Toddrick(Cleric) - We all know this guy.

Daeron(Dorf Cleric) - One of the guys that taught Kurz, Tavon, Toddrick, et al how to lead zones.

Tavon/Vallon (Monk) - One of the other best leaders of all time and a hell of a guy too.

Jerthal(Cleric) - Another legend in leading groups, with a knack for driving politics and conflict to the benefit of his friends.

Mplor(Monk/Invoker) - I mplor you to find a nicer guy, was always willing to follow this guy.

Jihad/Joth(Cleric) - Upbeat guy who had his ups and downs as a leader, but I remember more high points than lows.

Lazzraxxuum(squid) - Every evil who played after Squids went in knows why this is here.

Calib(Cleric) - Fiy uo oucldd udnertasand ihm eh wsaa great leader.

All around legends:

Serro (various) - Need I say more?

Sao (Sorc) - 1st sorc and player to 50 ever?

Adriorn(Pipi Ranger) - Nobody can make me laugh like this guy. Ever. Probably my favorite ranger of all time.

Garosh (Warrior) - Doombringer anyone?

Draaz (Warrior) - Taught me what playing a barbarian and being a warrior was all about, not to mention he had a nice axe :)

Gorsh (Warrior) - Gauntlets, hammer, good guy.

Xyzom (druid) - One of the legends of druidism, and always willing to help a fella out. Not to mention that anyone in Legion of Chaos should probably be in this list somewhere.

Tagad(Cleric) - One hell of a cleric and I suppose he was a nice guy also.

Sjesko (Gnome Sorc)- Probably my favorite sorc of all time, and one hell of a guy too.(Magebane!?)

Tarius/Lloric/Luknor (Rangers/Conj) - Fun, funny, and a top notch player(Woundhealer!?)

Waza (Monk) - One of the nicest guys I ever met on Sojourn, and the first one to take pity on my newbie self way back when.

Menoch/Latimer and Haemos - Legends of RP

Waelost/Weylarii(ranger) - Questing machine.

Yrbie(Gnome Sorc) - One of the only other gnomes from back in the day that I consider to be a true gnome along with Sjesko and Marforp.

Marforp(Gnome Sorc) - Never had so much fun dying with someone in such stupid situations.

Elscint, Dohrum, Vurad - 3 guys who became my first real friends on the Goodie side of the game back when, and they were great players too.

Mikar - Good leader despite all of the spanks back in the day. He really got a bad rap, mainly because he'd always end up with a couple of newbies that would get the group spanked...reminds me of Mori in that respect. At least he was always willing to try.

People who suck:

Thanuk
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Athanaum
Sojourner

Postby Athanaum » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:43 pm

Ashiwi wrote:

I...

What???

Had me fooled too, apparently. *mutter ihazim*
Mertak
Sojourner

Postby Mertak » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:33 pm

Touk: Conjie turned Warrior. Great guy, helpful to the end, a good host, and a fun wingman at Swing Night. ;-)

Valier (and lots of alts): Started out and grew up the same time I did, left me way behind. Funny guy, there were times my roomie and I would literally fall out of a chair laughing at the fun we all had together.

Arishae (Melthas back in the day!): I think nearly all of my best early memories are based on hanging out with these three B.C. boys, but Scrappy (*I* gave him the nickname he still uses!) and I have done the most different things together, and he's gotten me out of more stupid spots than anyone else in MUD history.

Turra, Shaman and Guild member: Supportive, informative, nurturing and caring. She is and will continue to be missed. R.I.P.

In general, there have been countless people who made the game more fun. Some of them are still around, some are gone, new ones come along all the time. Keep being cool to each other, and maybe any one of us might make someone's short list in the near future.

Cheers,
Mertak MoonHowl, *Mystic* of the Malevolent Order
Hali
Sojourner

Postby Hali » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Nokie (best rogue evar)
Asamoth (sorc)
Raspor (When he actually was retired)

mmm... more beer.
Last edited by Hali on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:16 pm

Lur
Kianna
Varia
Touk
Jurdex
Mplor
Lavie
Lekar
Xyd
emote Rescuepractice
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:32 am

Ssyslisk aka Raspor / Gindipple
Ragorn
Nilan (I prefered him as a human)
Urgle / Moghur <---who remembers him rofl
As long as we live in this world we are bound to encounter problems. If, at such times, we lose hope and become discouraged, we diminish our ability to face difficulties. If, on the other hand, we remember that it is not just ourselves but everyone who has to undergo suffering, this more realistic perspective will increase our determination and capacity to overcome troubles.
-- The Dali Lama
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:04 am

Drix, the conjurer that introduced me to this game in supercomputing class in 95

Jensyth, Cirath (DARMAL! woot!), Thuraneer, my original leveling party.

Kobei i think hes on everyones list.
Nebomosel, my first guild leader
Ruggak, taught me how to party like a real troll (flaming longswords ruled)
Ossis
Blung
Wobb
Cherzra
Oosh, (i still think oosh is one of the funniest guys around)
Artikerus (who continues to be my best friend i've never met)
Yayaril and Nokie, that much hilarity will never be forgotten
Moritheil, who taught me to die with style.
Gormal, for being the only one who has EVER grossed me out.
Xolan, because *QUACK* thats why
Ushug, who taught me how to hage.
Jegzed, for showing me how to play the game correctly

and also some relatively new friends, who all have influenced me in some way or another, good or bad.
the OD bunch
Targsk, rarlaj, mynaz, muxx, grumdikanikus, sesexe (good thread btw), wuk, kelzen, and many other evils such as Hsievssruk *blink* Feezuu and Elet

the SoI bunch
Larim, Crumar, Kiryan, Pril, Azerost, Lilethelle, fotex, toraza, sotana, vena, and many others

if i left you off this list, please note that this is not a list of friends. Hell a couple of people on this list i cannot stand, but neverthe less they all influenced my style of play.
Last edited by Ruxur on Thu May 05, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:44 pm

If I started, I wouldn't ever stop listing people.

Essentially, if I know you, and we talk, be assured that you have influenced me. Since I talk to 95% of Toril's remaining players, if you're reading this thread, you've probably influenced me.

I do have to list a few people that definitely don't play any more and probably will never read this thread: Knetzar, Nerzul, Sariyo.

Most of those I can think of aside from that still play, but either rarely (i.e., Alixi, Rivan) or regularly (i.e., Jalahon, Alilsil). For a few of them, I should know who they are now (i.e., Mplor, Thuraneer, Narrisse) but I can't remember anymore :(

Darn it, with so many years of experience, it's impossible to start listing everyone, because I know I'll miss someone and only realize it later when they show up to yell at me for it.

Hugs all around. Oh, and who's up for TTF?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:45 pm

Benshar/Quaychang (hey boo)

the 3 others of our 4 man group that got me from 31+ to 46th as a cleric:
Drakkoth
Wharrok
Songoku

We're also the reason you can't kill the ferry masters anymore. :)
Fear us Nizari shadow!!

Modu
Enth (he was a cleric once.. anyone remember?)
Thengil (great guy, and well rounded player)
Rand - the reason you can't kill shop keepers
Crynus (sp?) for disintegrating doombringer
Jerra for teaching me that a 21st lvl cleric can heal you while you tank Kang's toughs.
Jihad/Joth for bringing me along on zones, when I didn't know anything.
Cerze for showing us how uber a monk could be

The following introduced me to Toril/Sojourn:
Kozir
Massaki
Onthar

And my thanks goes out to all my Mailed Fist brothers!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:28 am

inspiring..
shev,shar,eilistraee,mielikki,kossuth,cyric

inspiring if you ignore some stuffs
miax,kia

inspiring bad behavior...
mystra (if your going to be punished for not breaking the rules, might as well start breaking them)

inspiring
sok,mikar,toddrick,todrael,tagad,dartan,lilithelle,hsievssruk,gromikazer

hage
kwirl (although i hate him less with each post recently).
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:27 am

IMHO too much hate to Mystra. Times I dealt with her, she was very fair. Of course, I wasn't quite big enough to abuse bugs or truly insult people who controlled a game that I played for fun, but I guess I was a true N00B back then....
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:31 am

Vigis wrote:IMHO too much hate to Mystra. Times I dealt with her, she was very fair. Of course, I wasn't quite big enough to abuse bugs or truly insult people who controlled a game that I played for fun, but I guess I was a true N00B back then....

She'd accuse you of botting if you had "create food" in your queue .. hit the up arrow, and cast too fast (i was a sub-40 druid making food) and had no idea yet how to make triggers ...

She'd give you a certain amount of time (like 2 or 3 minutes) to come up with a new name even if another immort accpeted you and she didn't like it ...or delete the character .. if you couldn't fnd one to suit her

Let alone the people who actually DID break the rules ..

But, with all sense of fairness, those were the days the pbase was so high ...
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:37 am

Mystra deleted an old ranger of mine when another player accused him of stealing his kill.

That player later admitted that he misread what actually happened (he was in the middle of stealing MY kill), so I logged on my druid to petition for my ranger back

and Mystra deleted my druid.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:38 pm

back in OC days ... I rolled a druid so I could be a weller for the evils .. Kanthas xp groups in BS ... fun times .. funny thing is I NEVER got OC'd .. used to group with evils VERY blatantly .. and happily walk thru the gates of WD every evening ..

So, I suppose I'd add Kanthas, Krazax, Unfortunately Targsk (:P:P), most of the old old oldschool "Hunters" for the folks who first influenced me ..

these days, I thank Crimson Coalition and my *brothers* .. all of them ... for welcoming me, a relative noob ... into their family and turned me into a semi-decent player ...
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:00 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Mystra deleted an old ranger of mine when another player accused him of stealing his kill.

That player later admitted that he misread what actually happened (he was in the middle of stealing MY kill), so I logged on my druid to petition for my ranger back

wow thats a pretty pimp move by mystra, sounds like something i would do.

maybe i mis judged her.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:07 pm

ROFL that's just awesome, im only going to put mystra no my immortals list :)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun May 01, 2005 2:56 am

This is both easy and hard.

My Mentors:
Mamoru
Deneir (the original)
Mplor
Waelos
Gorsh

These guys taught me how to play, how to interact with the community, how to lead, how to quest, and how to kick ass with style, respectively.

My Posse:
Gormal
Vandic
Vandylia
Lithel/Vrunx
Drannic
Cardolan
Touk
Thanuk
Yasdork
Beern
Jenera
Kolara
Xanador (ror!)
Fayren
Noke Arrier

And of course -
The Wanderlust Crew (Arishae, Selias, Galok, Aedarton, Ashain, Glandriel, Jaraq, Vyrol... if I missed you, it's because this is a lot of names to remember from more than 5 years ago)

Special Thanks:
Therdan

For being one of the few gods during S2 to actually give us updates on Association code, while Lloth and Mystra were telling us not to ask or we'd be silenced.

And Finally, One I Cannot Forget:
Nilan Thilusan

Without whom, my time on Sojourn would have been more bleak and less exciting. Your constant venom and unwavering friendship gave me a big reason to check in from time to time after my playing days were over. My heart is always with you, old friend.

I hate these lists, I always leave people out and feel bad about it.

Artikerus
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun May 01, 2005 3:02 am

Pril

I have seen firsthand his unending dedication to the mud and its players over the last decade. He doesn't even get up to use the restroom in zone. Seriously just holds it in for hours.

When he didn't have a chair, he'd stand in front of the computer.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sun May 01, 2005 12:26 pm

Lergin (Maxler), for introducing me to the game, all those years ago.

Drix, for showing me how to play it.

Jensyth, Thuraneer, and Hastrom, for bumbling through those first few years with me.

Delmair and Lyron, for showing me that APs were great, even when they sucked.

Yayaril, for showing me that rogues were better.

And, most of all, almost anyone that ever wore an Excidium Umbra title, for being family.

There are others who have made mud life fun, but none have made bigger impressions than these.

One of these days I will have to start playing again.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun May 01, 2005 5:53 pm

Kurz/Lothair/Verarb :)
Trogar
Toddrick
Dornax
Vhelnir
Aradune
Glorishan
Asamoth
Silverast
Daeron
Jerthal
Marforp
Strond/Gbiran
Sarkhon
Dartan
Malacar
Pheten
Kalthanan
Kanthas
Kobei
Sao
Sangdraxus
Thruar/Folur
Jaeb
Grimlak
Mplor
Diac
Mikar
Touk
Gormal
Deneir (the original)
Lloth & Mystra
Thanuk
Vallon
Ilshadrial
Ghimok
Ranon
Ranor
Dhurn
Waelos
Joth
Adriorn
Jilael
Mikayla

and probably about 30 more that I can't remember offhand.. no offense plz for leaving you out. :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Mon May 02, 2005 7:24 am

First to answer a question:

Marforp is happily enjoying World of Warcraft, I play with him quite a bit, so is Sangdraxus.

Now for the list:

Generation 1:

Kurz
Kanthas
Toddrick
Tagad

I learned more from those 4 about how to use little to get a lot done.

Elscint --- The ultimate information resource
Marforp --- The ultimate comedy resource
Dohrum --- The ultimate beer resource
Dlur --- The ultimate beer, information and comedy resource packed into one.
Kadim -- You loved or loved to hate him.

Generation 2 and 3:

Lazzraxxum
Gromikazer
(forging ahead with leading for evils)

Blung
Ossisna
(I think they were the same person but it doesn't matter, they both rocked, reminded me of Kurz a lot, do more with less)

Gura
Turg
(legends in their own right, they built their empire ground up, nothing was handed to them)

Nilan
(The singlemost RP-driven and single-character focused individual I have ever met)

Todrael
(Possibly the smartest and most reflective guy I've met, wear sunglasses!, seriously, an excellent thinker)

Those are people I would say have put a "mark" on the game in history.

--Wobb
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus » Mon May 02, 2005 4:17 pm

I am honored for this consideration by a couple people.

There are so many names that come to mind, but I am never good with names so I don't want to hack peoples legacy's to bad here.

Names that come to mind both famous and infamous:

Modu - first person who helped me in the mud when I rolled my A-P.
Shabay - first person who came onto me (and others) in the mud, and who couldn't heal the broad side of a barn, but did she love the loot.
Tadra - my dearest friend, companion in my years of the game
Rayj - another great friend... who went on to marry Sylvos :D
Sylvos - Never met (or was forced to meet) a finer ranger... just saying that makes me sick.
Kalthanan - My "Padawan"... so many questions :)
Haemos - MY mentor... to this day I have never seen a better roleplayer of a class.
Wobb/Turgsk & Clan - The deciding factor of Sang going Outcast, rested on your shoulders... and I never regreted my decision... not once
Kobei - Damn fine person (R.I.P)
Toddrick - Got me invited into my first raid
Jihad - Tempremental leader, who I enjoyed taunting greatly
Garosh - First person I ever inspected... (jawdrop)
Mikar - Great friend/leader got me my frost axe :)

I know there are a ton I am missing... and for that I apologize... I am old now, and my memory fades greatly ;)
Sangdraxus Blackfire - 50th Level Anti-Paladin
Sangdraxus - 60th Undead Warrior - Whisperwind
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue May 03, 2005 1:18 am

Turgsk? Bah. :P

Don't make me call you Wangdraxus again. :P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Tue May 03, 2005 2:25 am

Wow ..names from the past. I use to have all the old charters and guild badges on a laptop. I should try and find them.

LOL the god who forced to much beer drinking and got his command yanked!

Any and all staff members deserve credit its a lot of work and hats off to shev and cyric for what going on a decade of dedication.

ps who needs a name generator with me and berronar!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue May 03, 2005 9:32 am

I was a midbie elf on evermeet, saw two littler elves and decided to run them thru EM , they acted as brother and sister, and a great time was had ..

Later on I find out it was Berronar and Therdan ... and I was floored .. was my first live-time experience with a *god*, and for it to be two of my favorites on top of it ... I was still new enough to just be flabbergasted ...

good times :)

anyone rememebr the *Bubble Lady* ?

I fashioned *my* immort after her on the project Yahli had right after "the dream" .. complete with bubble wand and all :)

Anyone remember the "coffee clutch" ??

What fun I have had on Toril .. too many folks really to name names ... too many great folks that melt into the woodwork .. all the great leader stand out, but most of the better followers just sorta blend in ....
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Tue May 03, 2005 5:28 pm

Athanaum wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:

I...

What???

Had me fooled too, apparently. *mutter ihazim*

Apparently, I had myself fooled as well. That's the first I've heard of that one.
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Tue May 03, 2005 6:04 pm

Hi!

I am the forgotten one, the unknown..... the...umm... :cry:

But hello to all the foofies out there, even tho you all suck :) I say that with love.

p.s. haven't seen this board in a long long time and it never occured to me to stop by until Praxel (Ragorn) mentioned toril boards. He happens to be guilded with me on Tichondrius server in wow. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

Sincerely,

Sun
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus » Tue May 03, 2005 6:10 pm

Sundara wrote:Hi!

I am the forgotten one, the unknown..... the...umm... :cry:

But hello to all the foofies out there, even tho you all suck :) I say that with love.

p.s. haven't seen this board in a long long time and it never occured to me to stop by until Praxel (Ragorn) mentioned toril boards. He happens to be guilded with me on Tichondrius server in wow. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

Sincerely,

Sun

Who could forget you Sunny :)
Sangdraxus Blackfire - 50th Level Anti-Paladin

Sangdraxus - 60th Undead Warrior - Whisperwind
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Tue May 03, 2005 6:27 pm

haha, Sangdraxus man, apparently everyone! ....well okay, I admit I am bad with names, too, I also suffer from old timers disease now and then. :blush:

:)

-German Proverb-
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Wed May 04, 2005 9:09 pm

nobody comes to mind :p
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Thu May 05, 2005 4:22 pm

Diel, how many times do I gotta tell you to stay away from hard liquor and conoes.

-German Proverb-
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu May 05, 2005 7:00 pm

Graelov for first showing me how to go from newbie to god.

Modu, Silverast, Asamoth, Wabook and Zenak for being my sorc rolemodels.

Arigon for always being willing to help out.

Gorsh and his big hammer.

Corth for managing to spank us several times when IC first opened. That hasn't changed much either.

Tagad, who I first met in buffalos (believe it or not he was getting waxxed).

Altren and Thanuk, I'm pretty sure they were lovers for a while back then.

Jihad for taking me on my first zone run (and a bunch more) and for closing Eye membership the day I get sponsored. :p

Mplor and Varia for repeatedly killing me and CR'in me in UM over the years.

And Sang for Circle of Fire!

Prob lots more too!
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 05, 2005 7:13 pm

Oh yeah forgot to put you in my list tanji.. actually you would make it as mamoru but not as tanji :) And I forgot to put modu and molidar too.

And how the hell do you remember the icecrag incident? Jeez.. At the time cr'ing from Malice's room was difficult! *nod self*

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri May 06, 2005 11:14 pm

Cuz it was back when IC first opened. My first trip there I had a berserker tanking. Hell, you used to be able to sell that damn armor in there for decent cash to people.

I remember the day IC opened there musta been like 60 people stuck inside with no idea how to get out and someone wakes malice and has him wanderin around while everyone is stuck. Least no one attempted the archivist that day.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 07, 2005 5:36 pm

Ruxur wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:Mystra deleted an old ranger of mine when another player accused him of stealing his kill.

wow thats a pretty pimp move by mystra, sounds like something i would do.

maybe i mis judged her.

DANG YOU TO HELL!!!!! FOR MAKING ME SPEW!! my co-worker gave me a bless you. too funny
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 07, 2005 7:05 pm

RL friens who got me hooked on mud.
Taelin, Kiryan, Tain, Iceman, Cardolan

The rest:

Opfor for bringing me to sojourn

Altren for running to MH to buy me some armor

Diac Burunga Mrylan Cyntro Altren and the rest of Wyrms

Mithlin or Diel lecturing on the responsibility of Twilight

Joth my first hell invite

Calib my first jot

Rathipon (Corth) for helping w/ my first IC spank

Daliar (Turg) for convincing me to OC (this alway reminds me of the OC, "welcome to the oc b*tch"

Qualith & Veldrex, who became RL friends

some mudders i met in rl who i might've hung out with.
Gormal
Lurgo & his twin
Allycis & his roommate Keven
Jenera
Brog & his group

current evils
Ramo
Jaznolg
Nilan
MO members
OD members
etc

Blung for being good at fantasy football
Skullcrusher for alway overcoming my negative view of his fantasy skills
hey who is your mud character again

and finally the most influential person to have effected me is....

RUXUR because he is going to trading me Eric Gagne.

i'm holding u to this buster. no backing out.

oh... Ruggak if you trade me Lidge you can be great too
Ruggak
Sojourner

Postby Ruggak » Mon May 09, 2005 8:09 am

Lets see my list Alot of names I know i'm going to forget

Immortals
Deneir (Original) The first to have a RP mortal Ikar
Berrornar Taught me the ropes

Evils/Outcast
Pheten
Silandor
Lazz
Ezz
Wobb
Ossis
Jegzed
Jaznolg
Turg
Cherzra
*The orignal Swamp Hunters*
Zrax
Syssok
Brugg
Oosh *His RP shouting at DK Fountain as a newbie was classic*

Goodies
The Shadows of Imphras krew
Lilithelle, Sotana, Crumar ect ect
Corth I actually exped with corth!
Saitcho
Touk
Waelos
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Mon May 09, 2005 1:29 pm

As far as Mystra deleting your character I doubt it. Its this type of crap that gave a person who gave more hours to this game than anyone a bad rap. She had access to logs and would not of deleted someone for this. What you said or did after the fact might be reason you where deleted if this story is true. Bashing Gods that are gone is bullshit. I was there for 90% of deletings and everyone I saw deserved what they got. So I think your full of shit.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”