Memory Lane

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Wobb
Sojourner

Memory Lane

Postby Wobb » Tue May 03, 2005 6:41 pm

It's been a while? Let's do it again. Post some memorable moments, or people you remember. Some names invoke a memory, its fun to post those!
Started a new thread not to hijack Llaaldara's Immortal thread.

Memory Lane:

-Vurad, Urb(miyu) and (marsak's ranger) doing Mistywood, watch out for the alligators!
-Lost in mistywood, getting attacked, shouting for help (before the 3 shout limit and before consent required on summon):
You have been summoned by Tadra! (Thanks Tadra, I remember that to this day)
-Kybrell leading brass....as kybrell.
-The day Kanthas got his Avernus
-Diel, when he was 15, ooc lovin
-Marforp, tiamat 9 trips, no isha, 10th trip, Isha, few days later, mud closes.
-Buffalo Exp, thanks Waza
-Crimson Sigil
-Mikar leading Jot
-Zoning with Kurz, kanthas, toddrick, tagad, dlur, mytzle, elscint, marforp (polished bone collars anyone?)
-4 and 5 man zones with Kurz: roots, jot etc..
-Jot, period, hands-down favorite all time zone, dunno why
-Kadim calling Elscint "skint"
-The dream
-Monks, Mercs, Sorcs!
-Old silence
-My first "Huge drinking flagon"
-Haela Dwarf Goddess
-Noke Arrier
-Zothmo
-Urgle, "hey man, try an evil, you will like it..." (wobb was born)
-My first manscorps run
-My last manscorps run (just before eq changes)
-Evils...its where its at
-Zipalodok getting res
-Llaaldara's cleric getting res
-My duergar rogue tanking dragon-boss (forgot his name) in clouds (and living)

Good stuff, tons more memories, tons more names. Post yours too!

Wobb/Vurad
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue May 03, 2005 6:51 pm

-Midlevel exploration on dusk and pissing off a bunch of tracking and assisting halflings, running for my life and sending a tell to Lilithelle begging for help. Moonwell appears and the angry little halflings walk in and finish me off before I can enter.

-Telling a friend "Nah, I don't think they assist" and being proved horribly wrong.

_Sarvis bringing an Ice bear to the group when we were all low level. . .for once I didn't have the longest walk.

- Learning that MH was aggro to evil align

- Getting a tell from Tayros saying that I was nearing a guildable level. . .and asking if I had considered Pride of The Sabertooth?

:) Most of my fondest memories involve some sort of death :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the shudder of fear that would run through people when I asked "Wanna go exploring?" That honestly is one of my favorites.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue May 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Back before ship ... When HP was still good midbie xp .. mudding drunk (who? me??)

dropping whole group into tarpit :)

- Sitting near Ghore gates as a troll shaman when the goodie leader tried to walk his group into Ghore (farsee anyone?)
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Tue May 03, 2005 8:56 pm

Haela dwarf goddess... she was a nice person. She was an early god few remember. I was sadden to hear she passed away from cancer a couple of months ago.

Funniest moment for me was when shev by accident lured mobs to wipe out a group when checking a bug...it was to funny. Damn what was that zone one with what use to be good hitter ring.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue May 03, 2005 9:50 pm

Vigis wrote:-Telling a friend "Nah, I don't think they assist" and being proved horribly wrong.

That friend was probably me...

_Sarvis bringing an Ice bear to the group when we were all low level. . .for once I didn't have the longest walk.

I'm remembered!

:) Most of my fondest memories involve some sort of death :)

Whereas most of mine involve him getting me killed. ;)
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue May 03, 2005 9:53 pm

therdan wrote:Haela dwarf goddess... she was a nice person. She was an early god few remember. I was sadden to hear she passed away from cancer a couple of months ago.

Funniest moment for me was when shev by accident lured mobs to wipe out a group when checking a bug...it was to funny. Damn what was that zone one with what use to be good hitter ring.

Hey Therdan, Beer Me!

Nice to see you hanging around :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Tue May 03, 2005 10:19 pm

No can do.. had force command revoked becouse I was abusing players by force all to beer me.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed May 04, 2005 1:36 am

Vigis wrote::) Most of my fondest memories involve some sort of death :)

hrmm.. would that include yer trip to snakeville? :P

I think most of my fondest memories involve death as well.. particularly following either Vigis, Larim, Nokar or Rhoquinn to my death :P

Another fond memory.. doin Buffs xp with Teej's sorc on Toril, can't remember the characters name :(

Doing LH elites with Jansha and Taserea when they were bored :)

My first zone.. Can't remember who lead it.. but it was IC Vault, as my lvl 20 bard on soj2 :) took us 4 hours to do it :P

And it's good to see you again Therdan :) I remember those beers well :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed May 04, 2005 3:57 am

Ambar wrote:Back before ship ... When HP was still good midbie xp .. mudding drunk (who? me??)

dropping whole group into tarpit :)

GRRR.. that wasn't such a great memory.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed May 04, 2005 4:55 am

Duna wrote:
Vigis wrote::) Most of my fondest memories involve some sort of death :)

hrmm.. would that include yer trip to snakeville? :P

LOL! I should have added that one :) It was a classic move for me.

*Vigis thinks 'I'll be funny and double hop the portal'* enter portal; enter portal *Vigis thinks 'Damn, portal crumbled* Alarm bells sound *Vigis thinks 'Ah Shit! Going to lose my gear'*

While I'm at it, here is another good one:

We just finished BC I had 16 corpses total (10 from Bel) Agor group-says 'Safe!' I drag all 10 corpses through the portal and alarms start ringing somebody group-says 'Faang!!!' I tried dragging all 10 corpses back through the portal, moves too low :) I got 2 of them out and left 8 Vigis corpses sitting on the floor in Faang.

*Note* This is the same run where my other 6 corpses got dragged into a !magic dark room effectively making them !retrieve :) We got those back due to Kiryan.

1 other memorable moment (same run) Kiryan group-says '11 people on dagger' (kiryan rolls the dice etc etc.) Kiryan group-says "Vigis"
OMG, I went into shock, couldn't believe I had won the coveted BC dagger! Agor group-says 'I bid dagger too!' Kiryan group-says "Redicing" *Damn :)* It was still one of my best memories (or is it infamous?) I had soooooo much fun that day it wasn't funny, of course the next day at work wasn't much fun.

*note* I did manage to get all 16 corpses ressed successfully :)

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 04, 2005 7:05 am

therdan wrote:No can do.. had force command revoked becouse I was abusing players by force all to beer me.

Revoked? They should give you a medal for that!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Wed May 04, 2005 8:32 pm

Midlevel exploration on dusk and pissing off a bunch of tracking and assisting halflings, running for my life and sending a tell to Lilithelle begging for help. Moonwell appears and the angry little halflings walk in and finish me off before I can enter.

Do not screw with us half-pints!

Furbie
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 05, 2005 6:09 am

- That god damn hoarding cleric who's too big to be doing the ant quest but keeps stealing the illithid from me. I think his name was... Kildran or something.

- CR;Ragorn;(password);1;consent drannic;d;w;n;w

- group all The Troll Control Patrol

- Always being the last one out of the silenced room in IC vault.

- Running Library of the Seers three times. All three times, falling to my death at some point during the zone. Second trip, chainlink girdle.

- Doing Sakaslan with 13 people, Mplor diced 13, I got heart of Sakaslan and pissed off about 8 casters all at once.

- Soloing all the flames under Moonshaes. With a Ranger.

- Valeos and I two-manning Demi during Sojourn 2, probably the lowest point of character power in all of Sojourn/Toril history.

- The displacer beast. Dying to it, saving newbies from it, finally being well equipped enough to solo it.

- The fishing village south of Minthka. I found my first dual wieldable weapon there at level 13 on Toril 1. A barbarian fishing spear. I was listening to Libach. Funny the things you remember.

- The Quest for Thellas Windsong.

- Marrying Thricia's anti-paladin, Mystra set my hometown to Calimsham, then sitebanned me when I logged off. Goodbye, Toril 1. A year later, I logged in on a whim, and found Sojourn 2.
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus » Thu May 05, 2005 10:36 am

- Entering Bloodstone for the first time, and not knowing how to exit the warrior hall

- Not being able to leave Bloodstone, because I didn't have the money to buy the key

- Sending random tells to high level people until someone came and helped me get to Waterdeep

- Meeting Tadra for the first time on the docks in Waterdeep, marrying in game soon after

- Roleplaying becoming a champion for Shar (before the Gods had sticks to far up there asses to let those things happen ;) )

- Meeting Wobb, Turgsk, Serrala and Co. and deciding at that point I liked them more, and going Outcast

- Killing 2-3 buffalo at a time, causing the nerf on Frostbite :|

- Being caught killing the dock master over and over again at the hut outside waterdeep by rezzing him. Caught by Mystra, but completely roleplaying the situation out to perfection and not getting in trouble.

- Many, Many, Many hours of awesome roleplay with paladins inside the realm, and literally hating everyone of you bastards.

- Being site banned because of Mystra not looking at reason (theres a stretch) and feeling Miax's cold blade enter my back one last time as my days in Sojourn came to an abrupt halt <Connection Closed>.
Sangdraxus Blackfire - 50th Level Anti-Paladin
Sangdraxus - 60th Undead Warrior - Whisperwind
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu May 05, 2005 11:21 am

- Meeting Daksnar near TP and getting a green trident (I think)..that was on my first day. Also got some plevelling from Enanen, back when BGR seemed so mysterious and scary to me.

- Nearly getting pwned by drow raider that loaded in town.

- Meeting Sotana for first time in EM and her showing me around Kob village.

- Agor portalling to Ghore. We set off the alarms, and Ruxur was in the town too. That was funny...

- Watching Branthur pwn SS with Holy Pwn, er, Holy Word.

- Being a 4th level paladin and walking into a roleplaying session at the farm north of TP.

- After the session, saw Teej kill a young farmboy, and later roleplayed trying to hunt her down to confront her. :p

- Same paladin, at level 16, deciding to go confront Kang since he couldn't make it to Moonshaes, and getting pwned.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu May 05, 2005 11:39 am

- Watching everything go wrong the right way. Thanks RPQ :P

- The first Bite (victim I think was Lilithelle)

- The emerald longsword. mmm haste.

- Watching all of my friends get hooked on Toril like some sort of drug dealer? Priceless.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu May 05, 2005 1:49 pm

meeting Enth and Thengil for the first time, and having them help level me at lava tube skellies using holy word.

two-manning the myranthea gang with Benshar (hey boo)

Being a half-elf ranger in WD in my level 20's, and waking up after fighting shady mercs, only to find a kind soul left me a coat of many pockets in my inventory.

killing pre-DS-day treants with Jerra

finally getting 50 from moonshae wizards

soloing a moonshae drider, while naked, trying to CR the party and unable to flee - as it would spell insta death if I fled the wrong way into the head drider guy. When out of spells, I finally hit him the throat, he chokes and dies.

being total surprised and grateful at the number of people willing to help me obtain ressurrect.

losing all my equipment and backup equipment in dragonia, as well as half the 40+ level characters on the mud.

Kurkis tells you 'follow for jot'

killing the north WD banker with Rand, and afterwards having them ban the killing of shopkeepers.

killing Kang so much, that they make him so uber and worthless xp-wise that it's no longer worth it.

killing the southern ferry master with Drakkoth, Songoku and Wharrok, and afterwards having them ban the killing of ferry masters.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu May 05, 2005 2:31 pm

Threatening Beern's well being over a flaming bastard sword.

Subsequently meeting Kelrist/Arigon/Kel for the first time

Garosh getting doombringer after crynus disintegrated it... twice.

Watching a certain rogue get deleted for dumping 10k plat at a time
into the duckpond. Don't ask.

Soulrender. Perhaps my favorite weapon of all time here. Its proc was only chill touch, but it went off ALL THE TIME. Loved it. (Bring back knights
test!)

Modu - a sorcerer - wearing platemail of knighthood? *boggle*

I killed tiamat, and all i got was this shirt.

The 4 man mount re-named to be a BMW.

Lobos coat.

Liran doing cat burglars.

Marforp and the Major Para kang trick.

Being homed in bloodstone, and after purchasing the key to get out,
still not being able to get to WD because i couldn't afford a boat =(

Death due to the Bloodstone Portal. Grr.

morispanks.

Pre-shadows leadin by Dornax.

Sleepless nights when CR's were near impossible. (gotta love the
rogue sneak/hide)

Plenty of other memories that have obviously escaped me.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu May 05, 2005 4:11 pm

- Smiting dock hands and sailors in WD with the help of Waza.
- Smiting at Kang's with Sangdraxus and some nice barbarian warrior that starts with A that moved on to Duris when the split happened.
- Getting the shaft when Bloodstone went in and all Antis were moved there, but then growing to love the town after spending an eternity there.

- Playing a troll shaman with horribly bad strength and getting into Dark Alliance to hang out with cool people like Grimulk, Anga, Serrala, Gogan, Bafu, Zira, etc.
- Summining elves from Paradise into ghore's peace room in sequence so that we could 2man the sapphire bracelet more easily.
- Back when shamen could summon like 4 elementals of total crapitude, helping Serro, Wharrok, Drakkoth, and Thrakazog lure foul smelling troll guards to Swamp Thing in yet another attempt at killing it.
- Using foul guard to kill most anything, especially using huge alligators and trying to get them to fumble their gleaming metal clubs.
- Mumba running around with a polished bone sword which was blind/haste
- Removal of Myranthea zone from the MUD and the subsequent loss of half of everyone's equipment in the game since the game was just so overloaded with EQ. Reminds me of some zones we have now.
- Loosing all of my EQ, and having better back due to great friends in less than a week.
- Wug deleveling himself to 1 with fireball scrolls.
- 2-manning rabid troll with Jukahn or Urz as my warrior and a pile of potions for mucho profit.
- The Dream
- Using teleport potions to get myself into Ghore Palace and then summoning Anga and Urz in to get the first polished bone collar in years.

- My first real group as a goodie- Elscint, Dohrum, and Vurad
- Dying with Marforp, repeatedly
- Meeting Draaz, thinking what an asshole he was and then becoming good friends with him.
- Attempting to start a barbarian clan with Draaz, only to be denied because Mystra didn't like Draaz. (specific reason given)
- Draaz and I whooping up on Crimson Sigil's group of Vallon, Tagad, Kalth, Adriorn, Kanthas, and some druid that played with CS before MilarnBot took over druiding duties that wasn't Mytzle during Chaos Xmas one year. This was subsequently how I got in with CS and started grouping with them.
- Draaz and I getting whooped up on by Kurz during the same Chaos Xmas, and Kurz was alone.
- My first Kurz zone trip - Astral
- Doing anything with Adriorn, especially leading newbie groups to UM and getting them killed, and gsaying "FULL SPELLUP" at innapropriate times or gsay "STOP" and the other one would gsay "Collaborate and listen" just to attempt to anger Kurz.
- Being handed my Twilight by Kurz without any bids.
- Lloric group-says, 'Woundhealer!'
- Smighting Tiamat 2x in one day with CS...right before it got yanked.
- TheKurzTiamatBidSystem 2.71a(tm) - (Trips to tiamat * square root of the cosine of pi divided by the air speed velocity of an unladen african swallow) minus (tiamat items won divided by your birthday in roman numerals to the fifth power multiplied by (the pantone color value of the shirt you are wearing that day minus the amount of equipment duckponded the previous week times i))
- 3 or 4 manning Jot, often. Especially during invasion.
- Attempting to do Astral all at once without killing any lesser mobs first.
- cloning magic boots
- The cool unique items that people got from the very first Jot Invasion run.
- The cool artifacts that Eye members had and the drive that created in me to be a good player.
- 36+ hour long CRs in Cave City, and going from level 50 to level 42 during said CR and not caring.
- Doing hyper-efficient wall elites with Kurz after he got deleveled for using Avernus on his paladin. Clearing out entire pop of wall elites, all lighthouse elites, dockmasters if they were there, and harbor master and still having to wait several minutes for the pop.
- Tok, Dragonbasher.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Thu May 05, 2005 4:24 pm

Being completely overwhelmed by ansi and notching speed reading like a mofo.

getting rid of the pimping chains and feeling I graduated into a real mudder at that moment

doing buffalo exp and thinking these are tough

dying so much I knew Rylan notched to max off me and creating a friendship that would exceed past ansi...Thanks

receiving my first Valk sword which I still have btw

hitting level 20 and hoping in a well and staying in that spot for three days because I couldnt figure out where the hell I was, who to ask for help for fear of sounding noob, and I didnt want to lose my still noobish eq.

Going to the first girl-girl wedding in mud

Oh and this......hearing room emotes and thinking someone was actually there....NOOB
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Thu May 05, 2005 5:11 pm

I've grouped with alot of good people in my times of mudding soj/toril sadly, I can't remember all their names, otherwise I'd come up with a big list w/o leaving anyone out. It's been to many years, and like ashes in the wind, so are my memories of this place. However, I can share the names of the people who invoke memories for me, and they are: Toraz, Tadra, and Sangdraxus. These good people leave an imprint because they were the last I RP'd with before the great big ban during Mystra's times. Interesting stories and change of events, but alas, I never rp'd again. Duris was my new mud home full of chaotic pks and I had a blast there, too. But that's been years for me also. :) It's funny how a text based fantasy game can bring such fondness and nostalgia when you revisit the realm you enjoyed killing time with!
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu May 05, 2005 6:50 pm

The 7 elf death runs on Bandor when all the lowbie elves would team up to kill him.

Meeting Graelov, Arigon, Mori, Rhajiz and all the other elves in Knights of Light.

Finally getting Mamoru to level 20 and leaving EM, only to lose all my gear in Mistwood several hours later.

Deneir running my Globe imm quest and killing my poor group by sending us into Ix over and over.

Falling asleep while stone/hasting Athorn and co. in Greycloak.

My first Hell run.

Doing Gatemasters with Lloric-dork and Mytzle.

Watching a group of elites splatter Sang all over BS.

Sitting with Asamoth at the jet.

The 5 am Jot trip organized by Slaag to get my corpse when I decided to wander around Jot alone.

First Tia run, the famous CS v. Eye. Lloric tells you 'stone Aryk before he enters.'

DL'ing the new version of Zmud and not turning auto login off quick enough, subsequently logging a 2nd char in before my first poofed and getting deleted.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Thu May 05, 2005 8:16 pm

If you're hasted, and Tiamat breathes lightning...
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Lloric
Sojourner

Postby Lloric » Fri May 06, 2005 3:37 pm

Woo I got mentioned 3 times! Oh the memories...
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Fri May 06, 2005 3:51 pm

* trogar never gave me my merman boots and leggings. i saw him log on 5 years later and i asked for them back and he still wouldnt give them to me.

db & co
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Fri May 06, 2005 5:32 pm

Lloric wrote:Woo I got mentioned 3 times! Oh the memories...

4 times:

The Mighty Fehble cuts your legs clean off, you feel drifting into dizziness
... and finally into blackness.

Welcome to Homeland

0) Take your leave of Homeland.
1) Enter the realms of Homeland.
2) Enter your character description.
3) Read the history of Homeland.
4) Change your password.
5) Delete this character.

Make your choice:
Vaprak, the Destroyer

-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri May 06, 2005 11:09 pm

Vaprak wrote:4 times:

The Mighty Fehble cuts your legs clean off, you feel drifting into dizziness
... and finally into blackness.

Welcome to Homeland

0) Take your leave of Homeland.
1) Enter the realms of Homeland.
2) Enter your character description.
3) Read the history of Homeland.
4) Change your password.
5) Delete this character.

Make your choice:

So great to gate into that room randomly and go "wtf?!"
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 07, 2005 3:11 am

the A warrior was Altren, i think.

-go to bed bob.

-gagging giant during jot invasion

-outcasting sok, spanking in tf, and managing to outcast 2 monks and a druid in the process of CR'ing

-getting myself, kiryan, taelin, and all of my site ban cuz i was upset with mystra

-doing cats w/ cyntro, diac & mrylan

-
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Sat May 07, 2005 4:49 am

Bonus points for knowing why I only have 204 hps at this time =)
Those of you who do know probably remember what happens next =)

-------------------------------------
< 204h/204H 120v/120V >
<> l

Trunk of Yggdrasil, the World Ash
Room size: Large (L:50 ft W:50 ft H:10 ft)
Exits: -N -E -S -U -D
[2] a deep red rose lays discarded here.
Some iron rations lies here.
Some fine black shoes sit here.
A red pile of cloth lies here.
Reaux (Barbarian) stands here.
Valisor (Human) stands in mid-air here.
Sjesko (Gnome) stands in mid-air here.
Lothair (Human) stands here.
Sebitar (Half-Elf) stands in mid-air here.
Nepenthia (Half-Elf) stands in mid-air here.
Waelos (RP) (Half-Elf) stands in mid-air here.
Tagad (Human) stands here.
Vadis (Human) stands in mid-air here.
Grundor (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
Thruar (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
Mexar (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Yriffle (Gnome) sits resting in mid-air.
Rhuric (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
Jacyn (RP) (Human) stands here.
Dharag (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
Wrinde (RP) (Dwarf) stands here.
Curun (Barbarian) stands here.
Marell (RP) (Human) stands in mid-air here.
Qilar (Half-Elf) stands here.
Yasden (RP) (Human) stands here.
Cylithera (RP) (Grey Elf) stands here.
Raner (RP) (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Millara (Grey Elf) stands here.
Jensyth (Human) stands here.
Taelin (Half-Elf) stands, inches above the surface here.
Yurax (RP) (Human) stands here.
Nokar (RP) (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Leranor (Grey Elf) stands here.
Jasix (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Falma (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Toddrick (RP) (Human) stands in mid-air here.

< 204h/204H 120v/120V >
<>
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Sat May 07, 2005 5:04 am

---Begin---
< 840h/840H 170v/170V >
<> time

It is 10pm, on the Day of the Moon
The 21st Day of the Month of Hammer (the Deepwinter), Year 295.
Time elapsed since boot-up: 41:56:32
Current time is: Fri Aug 14 17:15:35 1998 (EDT)

l
< 840h/840H 170v/170V >
<> The Western Wall of Utgard
Room size: Mid-sized (L:10 ft W:30 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -N -E -S -W
Corpse of a frost giant berserker is lying here.
A water barrel has been left here.
Tagad (Human) sits resting in mid-air.
Thruar (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
Bratlii (Gnome) sits resting in mid-air.
Marell (RP) (Human) stands in mid-air here.

< 840h/840H 170v/170V >
<>

---End---
< 591h/840H 170v/170V >
<> e

The Throne Room of Utgard-Loki
Room size: Mid-sized (L:25 ft W:25 ft H:10 ft)
Exits: -W
Thruar enters from the west.
Marell enters from the west.
Tagad enters from the west.
Bratlii enters from the west.
A air elemental flies in from the west.

< 591h/840H 169v/170V >
<>

Tagad group-says 'eheh yea '

< 591h/840H 169v/170V >
<> time

It is 1pm, on the Day of the Sun
The 34th Day of the Month of Hammer (the Deepwinter), Year 295.
Time elapsed since boot-up: 47:13:57
Current time is: Fri Aug 14 22:33:00 1998 (EDT)

< 592h/840H 169v/170V >
<> w

A Royal Hall
Room size: Large (L:25 ft W:80 ft H:25 ft)
Exits: -E -W
Corpse of Utgard-Loki is lying here.
Corpse of a frost giant jarl is lying here.
A water barrel has been left here.
Thruar enters from the east.
Marell enters from the east.
Tagad enters from the east.
Bratlii enters from the east.
A air elemental flies in from the east.

< 592h/840H 169v/170V >
<>

Thruar group-says 'ee did it! 5 man 6 deaths :)'

---Every Mob Killed In City, Second gate only looked like this tho.
A heavily patrolled guardhouse.
A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse
Exits: -N -E -S -W
[2] Corpse of a magic carpet is lying here.
A frost giant citadel guard protects the demesne of Utgard-Loki.

---Even With that low mobcount we still has stuff like.
Casting: locate object *

< 688h/688H 118v/118V >
<>

You complete your spell...
corpse of Turji in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Ranor in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Ketroc in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Galas in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Stonel in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Rhyic in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Tisron in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Tholmir in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Varia in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Bridin in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Jaylor in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Dohrum in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Vallon in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Leornas in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Lur in A Large Waiting Room.
corpse of Mikar in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Styxar in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Zaris in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Omrec in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Ferlieth in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Grintor in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Amiral in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
Toryn peers around intently, looking for something.

[RETURN for more, q to quit]

corpse of Lnarb in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Tarrok in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.
corpse of Ternak in A Heavily Guarded Gatehouse.

< 688h/688H 118v/118V >
<> time
It is 4am, on the Day of the Moon
The 14th Day of the Month of Kythorn (the Time of Flowers), Year 268.
Time elapsed since boot-up: 5:50:14
Current time is: Sun Nov 23 05:45:31 1997 (EST)
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Sat May 07, 2005 5:20 am

Tiamat trying to eat me but choking to death on me.
Asamoth >>> Dracolich
Anyone have a log of this? My copy seems to start after we went in (I probably tried to cut/paste my buffer)

---People who were there---I'll Post what I have later if ppl intrested but all it shows is me being healed up from after the draco proc.

l

Throne Room of Avernus
Exits: -N
Corpse of the Dracolich of Tiamat is lying here.
Tyrai (AFK) (Human) stands here.
Thuro (RP) (Barbarian) stands here.
Jukar (RP) (Human) stands here.
Dohrum (AFK) (Dwarf) stands here.
Reaux (RP) (Barbarian) stands here.
Maladryn (RP) (Human) stands here.
Ramish (RP) (Grey Elf) stands here.
Sebitar (RP) (Half-Elf) stands here.
Rela (Barbarian) stands here.
Saeroth (AFK) (Human) stands here.
Taelin (Half-Elf) stands here.
Rika (RP) (Barbarian) stands here.
Yurax (RP) (Human) stands here.
Gavry (RP) (Human) stands here.
Ikhar (RP) (Human) stands here.
Kelira (AFK) (Human) stands here.
Kolod (Dwarf) stands here.
Saduin (Human) stands here.
Soltau (RP) (Half-Elf) stands here.
Fylne (RP) (Grey Elf) stands here.
Yasden (RP) (Human) stands here.
Branta (AFK) (Barbarian) stands here.
Lloric (Half-Elf) stands here.
Galdren (AFK) (Human) stands here.
Vallon (Human) stands here.
Sjesko (Gnome) stands here.
Twyl (Human) stands here.
Glaron (AFK) (Barbarian) stands here.
Doji (Human) %% stands here.
Tagad (Human) stands here.
Thruar (Dwarf) stands here.
Ithil (Grey Elf) stands here.
Khamul (AFK) (Human) stands here.
Kanthas (Barbarian) stands here.
Marell (Human) stands here.
Toddrick (RP) (Human) stands here.
A water elemental stands at ease.

< 961h/961H 122v/122V >
<>

Sjesko completes his spell...
Sjesko utters the words, 'meteorswarm'
Sjesko conjures up a fearsome meteor swarm!
Thruar group-says 'where it go?'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat May 07, 2005 10:35 am

Wow Asa.. thanks for postin those.. so many old names.. so many memories :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun May 08, 2005 12:13 am

Hey look, Doji's LD again!
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Elet
Sojourner

Postby Elet » Sun May 08, 2005 6:31 pm

I cant remember date but here goes:

Happened when elet still at level 38 or so:
I hold key for ic vault. i got lagged and half of my group spank. lucky yssilk still outside room to help with cr :) Then cherzra had to bail coz of that. i feel terrible for that and i wont forgot what ive done. but then it was my first zone experience :)

elet level 47:
thanks for either jaznolg or cherzra or gura or gromi. i cant remember which one of em lead avernus for my resurrect quest :)

elet level 49:
Evil 2nd tiamat run. Thanks to gromikazer for leading those tia trip :) my unforgetable tia experience

january 2005
elet got his 50 for the first time :)

thanks to gromikazer (my first guild leader and will remain in my memory for the rest of my life) for teaching me alot

thanks to cherzra, jegzed, jaznolg, yssilk for teaching me how to be a cleric in a zone... without them i wont be like what i am now...

and other more that i havent say their name :)
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Tue May 10, 2005 9:44 pm

I remember this one time I got really bored and played with my 2h gith in WD and summoned a gith knight and I had to leave before I could take care of it. So I come back a few hours later to find a freakin dracolich stomping around killing everyone and anything in sight.

Dizahk tells you 'good job!'
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Thu May 12, 2005 12:23 am

Three West
Room size: Huge (L:100 ft W:100 ft H:70 ft)
Exits: -N -E
Corpse of Tavar is lying here.
Corpse of Dakn is lying here.
Ranon Firebeard (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
A street cleaner is walking around, picking up trash.

Ranon says 'tell everyone i said hi'

time
It is 10pm, on the Day of Freedom
The 18th Day of the Month of Bestanth (the Renewal), Year 543.
Time elapsed since boot-up: 5:42:38
Current time is: Wed May 11 17:23:08 2005 (EDT)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu May 12, 2005 1:28 am

So I was on as a random elf and started upoa conversation with another elf while exping .. this was ... o 7-8 years or so ago ... Can't rememebr his loging name back then

I decided the little guy was a perv (he was about 17 or 18 at the time)

Over the years we talked off and on, and laughed if we were on as another elf .... "o You're Shalia" ?

Several years ago we met up again and pretty much never lost touch .. he became a good friend, by thie time he had rolled up Arilin and I just KNEW he'd never make it as a necro!

Two years ago in May, we started talking via the phone, and my little friende had all grown up ... (he is STILL a perv mind you)

And today, we live together .... and I couldn't be happier :)

I finally have my mudding partner all the time :) fun times!

Thank you Toril, thank you Tanji for making me play this DUMB (haha) game!

And this weekend we are lookign to geta puppy .. o christ ..a family :P

-Jennifer
aka
Ambar/Shalia/Aerisia/Tasira/Karikhan/Telina/Narra/Jenlea/Alieshi/Mavan
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 14, 2005 12:32 am

ambar r u rika?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat May 14, 2005 3:33 am

sok wrote:ambar r u rika?

noper
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat May 14, 2005 7:38 am

-when ruraz walked into bel fight as sitter and we totally spanked...more details to come :-p
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat May 14, 2005 1:30 pm

Gura wrote:-when ruraz walked into bel fight as sitter and we totally spanked...more details to come :-p

that sounds better than the caz/inesa thing on our first tia trip :P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat May 14, 2005 3:44 pm

Yeah, last night's BC trip is definitely going down in Memory Lane.

Jrackbox fumbling the sword.
Vigis saying "Oh wait, I didn't die, I have to go back in!" and double-fleeing back into Bel to do just that. Sometimes he comes way too close to living...
Watching people follow rogue into Bel's when rogue dragged corpses and failed hide... creating more corpses.
And the finale...

OMG that was a fun run.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat May 14, 2005 3:57 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Vigis saying "Oh wait, I didn't die, I have to go back in!" and double-fleeing back into Bel to do just that.

Yeah... he does that. Frequently. ;)

EDIT:

We were fighting some priest thing in BG once. He was tanking and needed to run out, I stayed behind to tank thinking he'd come back and assist... first he tells me to get out, then immediately comes right back in and gets slaughtered when I flee out. Hehe... good times.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Sun May 15, 2005 6:19 am

getting dragged into this game and subsequently ditched by the friend that made me play

getting picked up by Gythi and Lythix and taught a number of things,

meeting bailen, then kylina and zanalista (what a fun wedding!) and learning alot of the ropes

a level 20 ship group, 10 man, Old man Gavry missin his bash and getting smashed by a clouding mage.. oops

meeting a certain surfacer distrusting drow and getting into all sorts of trouble because of it,

going six months man bashing with Dala before I finally clued in, only to learn that was part of what he liked about xping with me

Lili taking over teaching me about druids after Gythi vanished

Legacy taking my under their wing and teaching me what zoning could be like, and helping me finally get planeshift.

Corth, Dolafibble, Teppen, Kelrist, Gordex, all sorely missed, at least we see glimses of corth!

Corth clouds XP

Mamoru as Runecopple, 'Does q track?' ... yes.

touk hauling me on jot invasion my first time up there

Grogu ressing me into the middle of jot invasion gatehouse.. twice.. before the mobs were dead

making a pattern of doing my first real zones with a character as level 31

Telling ssissu he'd have to let me summon him in if he wanted to slap me for disrespecting him.

Miax fixing sundaras pfile.. well that was what he told us.... as sundara poofs in flees n e and west in crypts, pulling every death knight, then vanishes in a puff of smoke... with Esrel hidden in the west room hoping to gods we can come up with the bodies to cr.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun May 15, 2005 7:36 am

Sarvis wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Vigis saying "Oh wait, I didn't die, I have to go back in!" and double-fleeing back into Bel to do just that.

Yeah... he does that. Frequently. ;)

EDIT:

We were fighting some priest thing in BG once. He was tanking and needed to run out, I stayed behind to tank thinking he'd come back and assist... first he tells me to get out, then immediately comes right back in and gets slaughtered when I flee out. Hehe... good times.

Hey now Sarivs. . I fled back in cuz I knew your pansy ass couldn't handle it :p

As to what Ashiwi said. . .yeah I got a little cocky a little too early :) Damned double flee P

**edited to add a k to new :) I hit the button too quickly when posting :)

Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Mon May 16, 2005 11:13 pm

Deshana wrote:Miax fixing sundaras pfile.. well that was what he told us.... as sundara poofs in flees n e and west in crypts, pulling every death knight, then vanishes in a puff of smoke... with Esrel hidden in the west room hoping to gods we can come up with the bodies to cr.

It's all a blur to me. People still remember that incident? that happend, what, 2-3 years ago? when I was sparingly mudding? I suppose that does make it to memory lane, but only Deshy's lane cuz she remembered! :) I'm still confused how that happend other then my pfile being buggy, and I really didnt know I was the cause of a massive, complete, disasterous wipe and apparently the hours of cr'ing seemed to be endless. That night I was sleeping like a baby, oblivious to the mud world, whilst the victims of my great crypt cataclysm were thinking of ways to murder me. ;)

Sundara - Crypt Priestess of Chaos and Destruction

The Soundless Sleeper

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Tue May 17, 2005 1:11 pm

Daksnar was my hero this day...........

You complete your spell...
You cast your sights far out, into the realms!
The Bottom of Keeper's Dale
Exits: -E -U
A tiny pool of blood lays here.
[15] Corpse of an elite dwarven guard is lying here.
Corpse of Bodug is lying here.
[2] Corpse of an elite dwarven guard is lying here.
An elite dwarven guard stands here, fighting Arrok.
An elite dwarven guard stands here, fighting Daksnar.
An elite dwarven guard crouches here, fighting Daksnar.
An elite dwarven guard is lying here, incapacitated.
An elite dwarven guard is lying here, fighting Daksnar.
An elite dwarven guard is lying here, fighting Daksnar.
Arrok (RP) (Troll) sits here, fighting an elite dwarven guard.
Daksnar (RP) (Orc) stands here, fighting an elite dwarven guard.

ps. i heard the dwarven elite pussies have been upgraded abit since this.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue May 17, 2005 7:47 pm

-Demberdazzle and Beca leveling me to level 6 after just logging Birile on for the first time ever.

-Airship questing with Vaho*.

-A pre-20 Sotana sitting down and watching me solo the gaunts of speed mob on EM and thinking it was actually impressive.

-Pissing off Oteb by winning the cloak of the elvenkind, logging off and logging back on an hour later to find he had left Shades of Twilight.

-And the best for last--growing up with Thanuk on Soj3.

Those were my favorites!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue May 17, 2005 8:41 pm

I remember pre-sotana days when i was helping her level her ranger who she later abondoned for sotana :p

Pril
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue May 17, 2005 9:36 pm

Pril wrote:I remember pre-sotana days when i was helping her level her ranger who she later abondoned for sotana :p

Pril

Someone abandoned the ranger class? How can that be!?! ;)

Return to “General Discussion Archive”