Indiana TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Indiana TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Postby Jenera » Tue May 24, 2005 5:15 am

The planning for the next gathering is already in the works. Duna came up this past weekend and we started discussing the minor details. We have agreed, however, that this gathering will be in the summer. After the gathering, people can decide which they liked better, winter or summer and we will choose one season to hold it every year. Will start gathering info and things sometime this winter.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Tue May 24, 2005 2:27 pm

Can we have the Indiana gathering in NY so I can go? :(
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Long Branch, NJ

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue May 24, 2005 3:52 pm

Since its tagged 2006, does that mean the next gathering isnt until next summer?
Duna
Sojourner
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 am
Contact:

Postby Duna » Wed May 25, 2005 1:18 am

Yes, that's what it means...
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Corth
Sojourner
Posts: 6002
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am
Location: NY, USA

Postby Corth » Wed May 25, 2005 3:51 am

Well if we're gonna plan this out over a year in advance...

I'll bring the onion dip!

*duck*
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Duna
Sojourner
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 am
Contact:

Postby Duna » Wed May 25, 2005 4:07 am

LOL :) actually the food is what we've already started to plan :P
well part of what we've already started to plan :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Jhorr
Sojourner
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Jhorr » Thu May 26, 2005 1:29 am

If it was in NY I might be able to go also :(
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Thu May 26, 2005 4:20 am

I know Indiana is just not possible for most folks, but we had a great turnout this past February from people all over the country and I had a lot of people tell me that if it was during the summer, they'd attend. If you can't make it, you can't, but we all had a blast at the 2005 gathering. For those of you who know they just can't attend, maybe somebody will host a gathering closer to you. I know after I posted the pictures, a lot of people were going to attempt to host their own gatherings :)
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Nilan
Sojourner
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Nilan » Thu May 26, 2005 5:06 am

Gee maybe I should show up to this lil gathering

Nilan
aka
Stabby
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Thu May 26, 2005 2:00 pm

IF I get a bigger place this year I'll host in NY. Just don't hold your breath. :lol:

Sorry, not hijacking. Back to Indiana!
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Long Branch, NJ

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Thu May 26, 2005 3:27 pm

I'll go to Indiana next summer for the meet! And as such, its never to early to....

Call the couch
. I got the couch again!

Also, if anyone does do some sort of meet in NY, I'm in Jersey so I'll meet up there too :)

-Talsor/Ed
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Thu May 26, 2005 6:15 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:I'll go to Indiana next summer for the meet! And as such, its never to early to....

Call the couch
. I got the couch again!

Also, if anyone does do some sort of meet in NY, I'm in Jersey so I'll meet up there too :)

-Talsor/Ed


Punk!

For some reason, ever since reading the Duris LARP fanfic, I can't get past the image of Silverast as a man with a glittery silver wig. :P
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Lirela
Sojourner
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:01 am
Location: North Dakota

Postby Lirela » Thu May 26, 2005 6:57 pm

well thanks moritheil, that's an image that has been burned into my head now

and i've never even me the man
Duna
Sojourner
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 am
Contact:

Postby Duna » Thu May 26, 2005 8:33 pm

Okay, so Ed's got the couch.. who's got the floor? :)
and Nilan, I think the reason Hei posted about it already is so that people can start to save up money to come, if need be :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
sok
Sojourner
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 5:01 am
Location: santa ana, ca, usa
Contact:

Postby sok » Sat May 28, 2005 2:10 am

Nilan u host one. i alway wanted to go to hawaii
Nilan
Sojourner
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Nilan » Sat May 28, 2005 4:28 am

:)
Ragorn
Sojourner
Posts: 4732
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Ragorn » Sat May 28, 2005 8:09 am

moritheil wrote:Punk!

For some reason, ever since reading the Duris LARP fanfic, I can't get past the image of Silverast as a man with a glittery silver wig. :P


Well... since you brought it up...


The following is a story told from Grev's POV of what most likely would happen when geeky mudders go to a convention! It is 100% fictional and since I use no real names I think I am clear from legal action! 3nj0y!

The tension in the goodie hotel room was palpable as we five heroes prepared to do battle with the evils we had sought so long.

I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my name tag that read ‘A Dwarf’. I had let my beard grow out for two weeks in anticipation for this day. My 6’2” frame was less than conducive to my role playing. After pondering a moment I added “(medium)” onto my name tag.

Aethia [Lilithelle] was resting on the corner of the bed stroking the small round stone in her hand. She had put tape over the name of her pet rock so it read ‘earth elemental’. She didn’t really talk much. I figured that was because she was afraid of Silverast ogling her and constantly making passes at her.

Our silver-haired sorcerer had spray painted his hair to match his character’s color. It was now plastered to his head in a stiff silver mess. The ear extensions i think were leftovers from a star trek convention but they worked well enough i guess. He clutched a copy of Encyclopedia Britannica, Volume ‘A’ in his arms, wrapped in a brown paper bag from a local supermarket as his spell book. His lusting gaze was constantly shifting from Aethia to Vispa’s chest. (He really had a thing for her chest.)

Vispa looked up from her enormous bong she was using as Ambran and frowned at Silver.

“Where did Daq go?” She asked me. “Its almost night we should spell up soon.”

“He ran to the ice machine to restock for the fight. He’ll be right back” I replied.

Vispa nodded and resumed filling the four-foot-long metal bong with weed. As soon as Daq returned we got stoned up and Vispa quaffed what I assumed was a haste potion from how quickly she started talking and moving afterwards.

With that we set out down the dark hallway, (looking very heroic I might add). After bursting in on a banquet and a wedding reception we finally found the right room. Crouched in the far shadowed corner were five evils! (At least those twinks brought even numbers.) As we entered the room they all stood and circled to face us I was amazed at how like their respective races they looked.

Taranno must have weighed at least four-hundred pounds of sweating rolls and massive skin flaws. Fren’s trollish face was covered in large hairy warts and acne that accented the large hump beneath his tattered tunic.

I glanced to their githyanki who had his face painted half white and half green in keeping with how giths ‘look’ on Duris. The distant look in Squint’s eyes proved they had stoned themselves as well before this fight. I had hoped that they might forget to spell up, this being real life now and all.

Orthaz was there, lurking behind the others. A faint hum could be heard from the grey vibrator in one of his hands which I assumed was the fearsome Bloodfeast. In his opposite hand he clutched a red Swiss army knife, its chipped blade glinting in the low light.

Their drow huddled behind Taranno’s massive body, clutching a trident fashioned from a broom handle and tin foil.

‘Fah! They have multiple artifacts!’ I cursed inside my head.

The drows pale white skin disproved the rumor of their dark complexions. It was plainly obvious that this pathetic being had never seen the light of day.

“Target one point human!” Golrith shrieked to the other while prodding Tar with Tsunami.

Squint furrowed his brow in intense concentration and directed his beady eyes towards Vispa, trying to will detonate. Her Ambran must have absorbed his spell as she merely swung the mighty weapon at the frail githyanki.

Squint collapsed in a heap on the ground and Golrith began applying bandages to Squint’s wounded forehead.

The huge ogre glanced at Vispa and unleashed what must have been a new innate given to ogres before the fight unbeknownst to us! A loud rumbling roar exploded from him and the room filled with an incredibly noxious invisible gas.

I cursed myself for not having protted for this type of attack and gagged against my ‘I survived Neg’ t-shirt.

Orthaz maneuvered around and tried to stab me the in back, but Daq came to my rescue. He began hurling his iceballs which he had gathered earlier at Orthaz until one struck him in the eye. The orc reeled backwards screaming in a shrill voice and Daq grinned wide and slipped in a pool of ice water that had formed at his feet, and fell.

Silverast decided to attack Fren’s trollish weakness with some fireballs. He proceed to light and fling wooden matches at him. A lucky shot managed to set his sleeve ablaze, and the troll fell to the floor rolling about screaming.

Taranno quickly rescued his friend from the assault and sent Silverast crashing into the wall with a fearsome kick form his massive foot. The fight began to turn as I began to loose blood from a few stabs from Orthaz and Vispa began to get worn down by the two warriors despite her artifact keeping her stoned. Daq’s iceballs had little effect on Fren and Tar, and they just ignored his onslaught completely.

Then Silverast regained consciousness and staggered back to his feet. Then, in a terrible irony, he flashed back to his Sojourn days and produced a bottle of kerosene with cloth wick. He lit the makeshift spell component and hurled it towards the evils yelling ‘INFERNO!”

The flames quickly engulfed them, and terribly began to race towards us. I must have forgotten to turn off my wimpy as my frayed jeans caught fire and I began to flee around the hotel, swatting at the rising flames.

The doctors say I will heal up in a few weeks. In the meantime I have ordered them to keep me on a strict diet of holy water and iron rations. What do you say evils? Same time next year?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Yayaril
Sojourner
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Postby Yayaril » Sat May 28, 2005 4:40 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:I'll go to Indiana next summer for the meet! And as such, its never to early to....

Call the couch
. I got the couch again!

Also, if anyone does do some sort of meet in NY, I'm in Jersey so I'll meet up there too :)

-Talsor/Ed


You can have it, but I'm not flipping you over on your stomach again after you get stone drunk.
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Postby Pril » Sat May 28, 2005 6:37 pm

Yayaril wrote:
Silverast Rubicyn wrote:I'll go to Indiana next summer for the meet! And as such, its never to early to....

Call the couch
. I got the couch again!

Also, if anyone does do some sort of meet in NY, I'm in Jersey so I'll meet up there too :)

-Talsor/Ed


You can have it, but I'm not flipping you over on your stomach again after you get stone drunk.


I've already challenged Ed to a fight to the death for the couch. And he said no more car bombs this time around :p

Pril
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Sat May 28, 2005 7:25 pm

Yayaril wrote:
Silverast Rubicyn wrote:Call the couch. I got the couch again!


You can have it, but I'm not flipping you over on your stomach again after you get stone drunk.


Did that make anybody else nervous about falling asleep with Yaya around?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:55 pm

Got some updated news for everybody. I've decided on the dates for the gathering next year.

The 2006 Indiana Torilmud Gathering will be held from August 4th-6th 2006.
Same kind of stuff applies. Anyone is welcome to stay at our home, which might change by that time as we are hoping to move closer to town. I have yet to decide whether to make a big feast like Duna and I did last time or just take you guys to some of these big portion/cheap price restaurants around here. That will take time to decide. I will not provide alcohol, if you decide to drink, bring your own. After what happened this past February, I don't think going to the bar will be part of the festivities. That will be a personal choice.

Something else I'd like to announce. Dranix and I are finally getting married. Yes, finally. We were supposed to get married this past May, but severe financial difficulties had us scrounging for food and shelter, let alone having a wedding. We started talking about it and realized, "What better time to have a wedding and to have all of our beloved friends around, than at the time of the gathering. A lot of people (hopefully) would be there anyway."

So it has been decided. Dranix and Jenera are getting married in real life on August 5th, 2006. Hope to see everyone there.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Shar » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Pril, pick me up on your way thru. I'll share with Ed.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Long Branch, NJ

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:49 pm

Don't rule out going to the bar just because I was a stupid jerk and had too much to drink ... I plan on managing my alcohol better in the new year!

And congratulations on getting married ... how could I possibly not come now? :)

*hugs*

I'll give you guys a call soon!

-Ed

PS - I'll share anything with Shar :D
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Postby Pril » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:02 pm

Derek/Hei congrats on the engagment. I'm sure Shar will grant you each an artifact as a wedding gift :p I'll see you in august 95% sure assuming life doesn't toss me for a loop.

Shar wrote:Pril, pick me up on your way thru. I'll share with Ed.


Will do.

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:PS - I'll share anything with Shar :D


It's ok man i get her in the car for 3 hrs before she gets to you :p

Mike
Shar
FORGER ADMIN
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Shar » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:10 pm

Silverast Rubicyn wrote:PS - I'll share anything with Shar :D


It's ok man i get her in the car for 3 hrs before she gets to you :p

Mike[/quote]

um, 9. I live in Kansas now.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:25 pm

Actually, Derek and I have been together for 3 years and been engaged two of those years. We're just finally going to get married :P
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:31 pm

Shar wrote:
Silverast Rubicyn wrote:PS - I'll share anything with Shar :D


It's ok man i get her in the car for 3 hrs before she gets to you :p

Mike


um, 9. I live in Kansas now.[/quote]

OWNED

Also, gratz to Dranix/Jenera!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Postby Pril » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:22 pm

Shar wrote:
Silverast Rubicyn wrote:PS - I'll share anything with Shar :D


It's ok man i get her in the car for 3 hrs before she gets to you :p

Mike


um, 9. I live in Kansas now.[/quote]

Eh more time for you to thank me for the ride :p *duck*
Salen
Sojourner
Posts: 771
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Salen » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:00 am

Where in Ks? I'm 1/2 between KC and Wichita now.

I will try to be there. I was in inservice on Aug 5 this year, but I might not be tied to work next year.
emote Rescuepractice
Llaaldara
Sojourner
Posts: 998
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Dobluth Kyor

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:32 am

Jenera wrote:Got some updated news for everybody. I've decided on the dates for the gathering next year.

The 2006 Indiana Torilmud Gathering will be held from August 4th-6th 2006.
Same kind of stuff applies. Anyone is welcome to stay at our home, which might change by that time as we are hoping to move closer to town. I have yet to decide whether to make a big feast like Duna and I did last time or just take you guys to some of these big portion/cheap price restaurants around here. That will take time to decide. I will not provide alcohol, if you decide to drink, bring your own. After what happened this past February, I don't think going to the bar will be part of the festivities. That will be a personal choice.

Something else I'd like to announce. Dranix and I are finally getting married. Yes, finally. We were supposed to get married this past May, but severe financial difficulties had us scrounging for food and shelter, let alone having a wedding. We started talking about it and realized, "What better time to have a wedding and to have all of our beloved friends around, than at the time of the gathering. A lot of people (hopefully) would be there anyway."

So it has been decided. Dranix and Jenera are getting married in real life on August 5th, 2006. Hope to see everyone there.


Gratz!! :D

So...... Hei.... wedding..... Toril Gathering.......... Um........... So.............. like............... well..................... Will there be a theme?? ;)
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:20 am

Someone stop in atlanta and get me plz. Will trade plat.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:34 am

Well, so far, as far as me and my bridesmaids/maid of honor goes, Ashiwi is going for a rather fantasy/medival theme. No traditional wedding for me, which is fine. Personally, I'm going to have a wedding outside, totally non traditional and no chairs. Going to put out big mats and blankets and want everyone to sit on the ground or lay down or just relax so don't want anyone coming to my wedding dressed all fancy. Plus since everyone who's coming to the gathering is going to be there, I don't want anyone to be concerned with bringing fancy clothes in suitcases etc. I'd be happy as long as you're comfortable with whatever you wear to go have a good time and have fun.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:10 am

Now Hei, I showed you some more traditional patterns, too. If, however, you decide you really do want a more fantasy-themed wedding, I could go all out for you. That dress pattern you picked out would look splendiferous in a gauzy green with a leafy pattern on it... totally druidy. Instead of a veil we could make you a wreath of ivy and flowers, too. I'm not sure I'd want to serve as a bridesmaid dressed like a rogue, but I could definitely whip up something a little more in the courtly elven style.

If you let me do it in an Imphras theme, however, I'd probably wear black trousers, knee-high black leather boots, a grey sash, a flouncy white pirate shirt and a crimson vest. ::wink::
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:12 am

Wait... after that last post I really feel as if I have to go wash the geek off of me. Don't you dare make me wear black trousers and a pirate shirt to your wedding!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:20 am

I actually wouldn't mind that green, you made it sound pretty. My dress was easy, now you have to pick the bridesmaids/maid of honor i.e. my ladies in waiting dresses. Get to work. :P
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Duna
Sojourner
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 am
Contact:

Postby Duna » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:25 am

Ashiwi wrote:Now Hei, I showed you some more traditional patterns, too. If, however, you decide you really do want a more fantasy-themed wedding, I could go all out for you. That dress pattern you picked out would look splendiferous in a gauzy green with a leafy pattern on it... totally druidy. Instead of a veil we could make you a wreath of ivy and flowers, too. I'm not sure I'd want to serve as a bridesmaid dressed like a rogue, but I could definitely whip up something a little more in the courtly elven style.

If you let me do it in an Imphras theme, however, I'd probably wear black trousers, knee-high black leather boots, a grey sash, a flouncy white pirate shirt and a crimson vest. ::wink::


ooohhh.. Now I've gotta go to the fabric store tomorrow.. I saw this fabric a lil while back that had dragons on it.. wanna see if they still have it, and get a better idea of what color's etc. it's in.. *sigh* so many fabric possibilities going through my head now :( ah well :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:01 am

Fine... you can be a druid, and I'll be an elf... but I WON'T wear the ears.

Did you want your bridesmaids outfits to match in any way?

If Carl doesn't wear a wizard's robe and hat, the effect won't be nearly complete.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:40 am

I'm going to spend a week over at Duna's house so we can go squeal over fabrics and throw ideas around which we'll relay to you online or on the phone if you prefer. I like white and green, can't decide. It feels like I'm trying to plan my whole wedding in 24 hours. *goes crazy*

This turned from a gathering thread to Jen's wedding thread.....
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Duna
Sojourner
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:40 am
Contact:

Postby Duna » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:10 am

Hrmm.. we could just start a Jen's Wedding thread.. :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
ssar
Sojourner
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Postby ssar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:55 am

Wow, gratz Dranix & Jenera! That's awesome news!

Sounds like an even bigger weekend adding the torilmud gathering to the weekend!

It will be great to read of your plans and eventually about how it all goes and see pics etc.

Mmmm, druid and elfie wedding! ... Arwen... mmmm
BEER
Kifle
Sojourner
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Huntington, IN USA
Contact:

Postby Kifle » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:01 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Fine... you can be a druid, and I'll be an elf... but I WON'T wear the ears.

Did you want your bridesmaids outfits to match in any way?

If Carl doesn't wear a wizard's robe and hat, the effect won't be nearly complete.


I'm afraid if I busted out the wizard's robe and hat, I'd have too much sexual magnetism -- and the wife wouldn't allow that.

I'm wondering if Dartan is gonna puss out like he did last year and not come.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:26 pm

Kifle wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Fine... you can be a druid, and I'll be an elf... but I WON'T wear the ears.

Did you want your bridesmaids outfits to match in any way?

If Carl doesn't wear a wizard's robe and hat, the effect won't be nearly complete.


I'm afraid if I busted out the wizard's robe and hat, I'd have too much sexual magnetism -- and the wife wouldn't allow that.

I'm wondering if Dartan is gonna puss out like he did last year and not come.


I never said I'd go to Indiana for a gathering! Also, I can't justify spending money/time on the plane ticket + time lost from work (I just graduated with an EE degree) + the headache from meeting Teflor. Maybe if I didn't have to fly and Teflor wasn't going I'd go!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner
Posts: 3830
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Huntington, IN USA
Contact:

Postby Kifle » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:33 pm

Dalar wrote:
Kifle wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Fine... you can be a druid, and I'll be an elf... but I WON'T wear the ears.

Did you want your bridesmaids outfits to match in any way?

If Carl doesn't wear a wizard's robe and hat, the effect won't be nearly complete.


I'm afraid if I busted out the wizard's robe and hat, I'd have too much sexual magnetism -- and the wife wouldn't allow that.

I'm wondering if Dartan is gonna puss out like he did last year and not come.


I never said I'd go to Indiana for a gathering! Also, I can't justify spending money/time on the plane ticket + time lost from work (I just graduated with an EE degree) + the headache from meeting Teflor. Maybe if I didn't have to fly and Teflor wasn't going I'd go!


Hah, last year you said you go if kyrian went. Just come, you can stick with the anti-teflor crowd if he comes.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner
Posts: 4905
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:42 pm

Oh yea I think I did, but I think I ended up meeting him some other time in the summer so decided not to.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Glaman
Sojourner
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am
Contact:

Postby Glaman » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:51 pm

What part of Indiana are we talking about? I live in the Indy area and might look at attending if it is in the area, but if it is up near Chi-town I doubt I will be able to attend.

G.
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 pm

The gathering will be held in the Warsaw area. We currently live in Etna Green atm, but we are definitely moving before the gathering. So I think you're about 2.5 to 3 hours away from us...
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Tasan
Sojourner
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Fridley, Mn USA
Contact:

Postby Tasan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:26 pm

Giggidty Giggidty Giggidty Giggidty GOO!

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
sok
Sojourner
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 5:01 am
Location: santa ana, ca, usa
Contact:

Postby sok » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:11 pm

who's in charge of the bachelor party? vegas is alway a good idea.
Jenera
Sojourner
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Jenera » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:54 pm

I will not be having a bachelorette party, but if anybody wants to come to the gathering a couple of days earlier and organize a bachelor party for Dranix, that's fine. His choice for best man is his best friend, Shalruk, and I believe he'll probably be too busy with 12 hour work days and going to school to throw him one.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006



Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests