Turgy Hitler Rules

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
turg
Sojourner

Turgy Hitler Rules

Postby turg » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:55 pm

Hey guys, as you know I made a widdle comeback here. Took me awhile to get unrusty, still am a bit. (Sorry for the spanks) I appreciate all of you following me and giving me a chance to lead once again. I have seen, however, on a number of occasions, people getting upset with certain things I'm doing. I ask that you all read this so that you understand how I work.

First, you need to assume that I would not ask you to group if I did not respect you. I am SO VERY apprehensive of taking people to zones I don't know. So If I ask you, please take that as a compliment.

Second and most importantly, I bark commands ALLLLLLLLLLL the time. This includes yelling for gheals when shamans are stunned, asking for bashes when tanks are bashed themselves. I am in no way bashing the player when I ask for this, It'd just the way I am. Whenever I'm fighting a group of casters and I see a coldshield up, I usually gsay inferno please.

When reading this, it doesn't sound so bad, but here is where the problem lies. The people I'm directing in my gsays seem to think that by gsaying these commands that I'm saying they don't know how to play their class. It's not like that at all, I am just used to barking commands.

I will also say that I am a bit Hitlerish in my groups. I first zoned in groups where if I wandered one room, I'd get ungrouped. If I entered one gate before the leader said in, I was ungrouped. I came to realize that after getting yelled at a couple of times, I became a very obedient and loyal follower. This later translates into much more fun in the zone. Once I knew exactly what I was supposed to do, i.e. do exactly as the leader says, we were able to joke around because the zones became easier with efficiency.

So when I lead, I just ask that whatever I ask for, please give it to me. Even if you do not feel it is justified at that time, just do it and after the zone let me know why I was wasting spells. (Or other mistakes I make in the zone)

With all this being said, I really have enjoyed myself the last month or so, minus the random drama associated with leading. I hope you can all see I'm just out to have a good time and I truly do mean well, and NEVER under any circumstances try to belittle someone or talk condescending to anyone in a group. I ask that same respect from you all.

Signed,
Hitler2 Aka Turgy
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:46 am

Ogres and squids and trolls, O my!

Seems fairly normal to me Andy :P
Thracx V'staluz
Sojourner

Postby Thracx V'staluz » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:03 am

And we wonder where the evil pbase went....looks like they are short one leader.
"Only the educated are free." Epictetes
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:50 am

its about respect for the person who's taking you through this zone. show them some consideration....they're being nice enough to help you out no?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:50 am

More just simple rules of efficiency and what is good for the rest of the group.

Wandering? Ungroup.
Bitching loudly (gsay) during combat or instructions? Ungroup.
Refusing to follow directions? Ungroup.
Arguing with other group members? Ungroup.
Telling other people what to do when the glead is perfectly capable of doing so? Ungroup.
Repeat offender of not paying attention? Ungroup
Doesn't know how to do their job or listen? Ungroup.
Gormal? Cofen? Kiryan 9-5(PST)? Ungroup.

When these rules are followed with a leader that has a clue, groups are efficient and happy. Plain and simple.

Unless the people you ungroup know what they're doing. *poke dragon* ... *hi group*

Those people you'll want to politely let go.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:25 pm

If Teflor then = Ungroup

Nod me.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: Turgy Hitler Rules

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:25 am

Turg ASSOC:: wtf are my spells??
You tell Todrael 'here we go again'
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:59 am

"Telling other people what to do when the glead is perfectly capable of doing so? Ungroup. "

rofl teflor, that's definately one of my pet peeves, - right up there with telling me there is a lifeform in an adjacent room like you assume i dont look where im going -, when doing a little zone like brass or something and someone else barks out an order, it's like... WTF?!?!?!?! Are you saying I cant lead brass competently? <--- PS: shutup..... Even if Im following someone and they can't lead too well I'm not going to butt in unless im pretty positive I'll lose my GF or all my gear if I don't, and I'd only do that in tells!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:38 am

was here
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:39 am

Sarell wrote:"Telling other people what to do when the glead is perfectly capable of doing so? Ungroup. "

rofl teflor, that's definately one of my pet peeves, - right up there with telling me there is a lifeform in an adjacent room like you assume i dont look where im going -, when doing a little zone like brass or something and someone else barks out an order, it's like... WTF?!?!?!?! Are you saying I cant lead brass competently? <--- PS: shutup..... Even if Im following someone and they can't lead too well I'm not going to butt in unless im pretty positive I'll lose my GF or all my gear if I don't, and I'd only do that in tells!

I don't really know . . . I always figured that if someone had confidence in their own ability, someone else giving out instructions during a run would just be amusing. Unless, of course, they were wrong.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
vallis
Sojourner

Postby vallis » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:31 pm

Any good leader is willing to listen to his troops.

If someone points out a life form in another room, and you chastize them for it, you are nothing but an asshole.

A simple, "Thanks." or "I know." is all it should take, then just move on.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:21 pm

Any good trooper knows when to shut up and listen to their leader.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:06 am

It requires a lot of trust to follow somebody blindly. This is something I hope nobody does. I'm sorry, but if you walk into a room and almost spank us and are like, "sorry about that, I forgot to look", I'm going to start looking for you and saying something just in case.

In real life, on the battlefield, there have been many commanders who were unfit to lead. They where challenged and things went better. Dissent, in the right place and time, and for the right reasons, is a good thing, not a sign of a lack of respect.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:24 am

It's actually rather neutral. Niether good or bad.

Really, just follow the guidelines above and you should be fine.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:54 pm

How many zones are you leading vallis? or even going to for that matter?

Nuff said.... Hail Turgy! (right arm to chest, brought straight out)
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:15 pm

vallis wrote:Any good leader is willing to listen to his troops.

If someone points out a life form in another room, and you chastize them for it, you are nothing but an asshole.

compound that by 15 group members, and 15 trigger sets

you want him to respond to 15 different people?

I think not :)

when in a group, do as your group leader says .. dont want to listen? shouldnt have gone in the first place! Don't listen? O .. dont whine about no group invites :)

*hug*
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:58 pm

Ambar wrote:
vallis wrote:Any good leader is willing to listen to his troops.

compound that by 15 group members, and 15 trigger sets

you want him to respond to 15 different people?

I think not :)

when in a group, do as your group leader says .. dont want to listen? shouldnt have gone in the first place! Don't listen? O .. dont whine about no group invites :)

*hug*

Indeed. Of course, by the same token, as Vallis points out, he shouldn't need to bitch at them either - he could either say "nod" or just not respond, if he didn't want to spend the time to respond.

I want to point out that a lot of things look like no-brainers when posted and analyzed on the BBS, but in the heat of the moment when everything is "OMGWTFBBQASDF" mistakes are much more easily made.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”