Hello, World

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
kwirl
Sojourner

Hello, World

Postby kwirl » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:13 pm

Hey mudders, guess what?!

This weekend was huge for me, I spent several days in virginia at an anime convention getting smashed on absinthe.

Great great great great weekend. I loved it!

I hear there is cool stuff there for anime fans, too. I can't confirm that.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:35 am

Wow I'm sure everyone who reads these boards wanted to know or really cared about that.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:18 am

and im sure your stupid response was the biggest waste of my time today. thanks!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:57 am

not everything posted on these boards is meant to be life-altering news for slashdotters! sorry!
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:22 pm

Gura wrote:and im sure your stupid response was the biggest waste of my time today. thanks!

omg, some idiot took the time to write this.

kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:32 pm

you know, the reason i posted this information is because there are people on these forums who may have interest in the things i was talking about. maybe they will, maybe they won't, but regardless i just wanted to share with the community my experiences.

sometimes over the years i am more active than others here, but i am still a part of this world, and many people here are a part of mine in various ways.

i don't really care if you want to read what i write about, you have as much freedom to disregard my writing as i have to post it. however, it would be really cool if you didn't just attack my posting for no other basis than its existence.

over the years i have written a *lot* of non-mud related material here, some or most of it worthless, but a good majority of the material i write generates discussion or personal communication that i have treasured.

there is a world outside of the mud, and with the decline of the playerbase, many of us have formed friendships that are broader than the scope of a group or few messages on the ooc channel.

Thanks for responding, however.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:54 pm

I ate some of the best chocolate chip cookies this weekend. Seems they had a pinch of ground orange peel in them. Whatever. They were awesome.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:10 pm

thats the second time this week i've heard someone mention that orange flavor really makes chocolate a richer experience. weird.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:16 pm

Were they homemade or store bought? if store bought can ya post brand for us to try em?

Pril
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:31 pm

Pril wrote:Were they homemade or store bought? if store bought can ya post brand for us to try em?

Pril

they were home made. All lopsided, with funny shapes and all.

I'll ask for the receipe...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:48 pm

General Discussion
General chatter about life, the universe, and everything.
Moderator Shar

*shrug* Unless someone's hatin' I don't see a problem :P
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:00 pm

So much anime to watch, so little time.

I've never had absinthe before, but what really kicks my ass is something called "Bad Apfel". It's basically apple flavored schnapps, and a couple shots turns the "world" knob down pretty low. ;+)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:01 pm

Raiwen wrote:
Pril wrote:Were they homemade or store bought? if store bought can ya post brand for us to try em?

Pril

they were home made. All lopsided, with funny shapes and all.

I'll ask for the receipe...

Sweet thanks man!
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:03 am

Many people have noticed that the most frequently used word in Kwirl's vocabulary is "I". Some of us who are not so interested in the world of Kwirl, *cough*, merely skip his posts. In any event, if your belief is that he is starved for attention, than you certainly are helping to fulfill that desire by bitching and moaning.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:39 am

hahaha i'm laughing because corth posted in one of my threads again.

my lifelong focus has been creating pointless threads in the hope of luring him in.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:48 am

You know, Corth, I just realized something (yes, I'm slow) about your comment.

When you said that most of my posts are about the word 'I' my first thought was to go back and run a wordcount on my posts just to be a smartass.

Then I realized I don't have to. Of all the subjects that any of us are qualified to post on, the only thing I have true vindication in exploring is the subject of 'I' and of course all of its relative synonyms.

Aren't you glad that I focus all of my time and though on myself instead of on others? Or would that provide more entertaining reading material?

(ps - this post adds another 8)
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:57 am

Hey Kwirl,

I'm on your side mang. If you want to post about whats going on in your life go right ahead. Some people here are interested so why not?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:12 am

Corth wrote:Many people have noticed that the most frequently used word in Kwirl's vocabulary is "I". Some of us who are not so interested in the world of Kwirl, *cough*, merely skip his posts. In any event, if your belief is that he is starved for attention, than you certainly are helping to fulfill that desire by bitching and moaning.

See below.

Kwirl if someone is interested in that anime event thingy so be it(even though you gave no viable info on it), I just don't appreciate someone posting on a board that noobs visit about how they altered their mental reality by artificial means this past weekend(all of your other meaningless posts I have simply read and ignored) And frankly, I don't think the staff appreciates it either, but I could be wrong.

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:21 am

Corth wrote:Hey Kwirl,

I'm on your side mang. If you want to post about whats going on in your life go right ahead. Some people here are interested so why not?

Who?!?!

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:40 am

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:
Corth wrote:Hey Kwirl,

Who?!?!

Kwirl's other personalities...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
kwirl
Sojourner

!

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:34 am

that was great!
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:59 pm

was here
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:03 pm

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:I just don't appreciate someone posting on a board that noobs visit about how they altered their mental reality by artificial means this past weekend

Uhh..people get drunk all the time. Talk about it, too.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:34 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:Uhh..people get drunk all the time. Talk about it, too.

some ppl even mud that way.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:51 pm

Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:
Corth wrote:Many people have noticed that the most frequently used word in Kwirl's vocabulary is "I". Some of us who are not so interested in the world of Kwirl, *cough*, merely skip his posts. In any event, if your belief is that he is starved for attention, than you certainly are helping to fulfill that desire by bitching and moaning.

See below.

Kwirl if someone is interested in that anime event thingy so be it(even though you gave no viable info on it), I just don't appreciate someone posting on a board that noobs visit about how they altered their mental reality by artificial means this past weekend(all of your other meaningless posts I have simply read and ignored) And frankly, I don't think the staff appreciates it either, but I could be wrong.

drinking absinthe is legal. its illegal to buy, but perfectly legal to drink. i am over 21. please show me the last 'noob' to visit this forum, i'd like to say hi to them.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:11 pm

kwirl wrote:
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:

See below.

drinking absinthe is legal. its illegal to buy, but perfectly legal to drink. i am over 21. please show me the last 'noob' to visit this forum, i'd like to say hi to them.

Wouldn't the last N00b to visit the forum be Birile? *duck* :p

Pril
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:35 pm

Pril wrote:
kwirl wrote:
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:

See below.

Pril

rofl, score

by the way - kwirl.com has new pictures up of the richmond event, in the photo gallery section
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:09 pm

Pril wrote:
kwirl wrote:
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet wrote:

See below.

Pril

Damn, I have no comeback. :x

I guess even a Paladin's gotta score every once in awhile.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:12 pm

*stands behind pril and birile* yeah yeah! do it, do it!

man i love being a turtle
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:09 pm

kwirl wrote:*stands behind pril and birile* yeah yeah! do it, do it!

man i love being a turtle

Kwirl, do you still blog?
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:25 pm

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:33 pm

kwirl wrote:www.kwirl.com

I was just looking for a simple yes or no. Sheesh.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:40 pm

i gave a simple answer
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:41 pm

http://www.kwirl.com/gallery/RIchmond-Anime-2005

pictures from the hotel room at the convention! see kwirl run!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”