inconsistent zone rules

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:41 pm

Tavern of the Dead Orc
Room size: Large (L:50 ft W:50 ft H:20 ft)
Exits: -W
A bartender watches you calmly, while he skillfully mixes a drink.
A tavern patron is singing here, drunk out of his mind.
A tavern patron is singing here, drunk out of his mind.
Teflor Lyorian, the Wanderer (RP) (Human) stands in mid-air here.

< 670h/670H 139v/139V P: std >
A drunk flips you the bird and mumbles something incoherent under his breath.

< 670h/670H 139v/139V P: std >
A drunk says 'OOoohhh! Loookie what weee have here, a worthless ball offf horse manuure..'

Teflor stares longingly into his mug and frowns.

Teflor says, 'You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:49 pm

Anyone know where I can get a cheap gun? Teflor agreed with me and I have to end the madness now.
emote Rescuepractice
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:11 pm

For Malia and the other guys who are clueless. . .

It's so stupid that some complain about getting noticed doing something that's against the rules. I hear it now:

"Your honor, you can take this ticket and shove it up that copper's ass! LOTS of people speed, I'm being singled out!"

Judge says 'Well, then today is your lucky day! That will be $140 plus court cost'

If Kiryan didn't get caught, so what? When a cop pulls someone over it's because the Laws of the land are out there for the best interest of society (or those who are rich). The rules of the mud are for the best interest of the mudding community. Bitching when you CLEARLY didn't follow the rules is pretty dumb.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:36 pm

I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I agree with Cyric.

I've also reviewed all the logs to see for myself what went down. There was in no way any involvement by any Imm that would have resulted in a crash, nor was there any snooping of any player or association channel. At all. By anyone.

Concerns are concerns though and that means they are important to me. However, if you choose not to believe Talona, you'll probably also choose not to believe me which makes everything I post in this subject null, but to defend Talona, I'll take my chances.

Bottom line: Talona did as she should have. She even tried to go the extra mile for the *players* by speeding up the process where she could. Blaming (an) immortal(s) for these types of things is hardly an infrequent occurance. It is part of the job. A whole 2 page (so far) thread on this specific thing? Silly!

I appreciate the stance Turgy has taken. I would also be upset if I truly believed foul play was at hand, but in this case, I promise you, it was not in any way the fault of any Imm.

Thanks for your time and concerns. We recognize you all love the game as well.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:30 am

As I said-I know Talona didn't have a hand in this.

But that doesn't make it any less inconsistant for eili to decline our request for a reset...since bc had been reset 2? 3? more? times previously. When somoene is online to fix something like this, why the crap would policy prohibit it? I'm sure you aren't trying to dissuade people from doing long zones, simply because they fear a random crash? From a players prospective-I hate it when after a crash which we had no control over, half the group is pissed at the game. We don't have the pbase to afford having a policy that encourages people to quit

just my .02
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:29 am

Shar wrote:]The simple rule of no flaming/hijacking seems to be the most difficult to follow here, of late.

Taken From: http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... hp?t=13628

auslyx wrote:For Malia and the other guys who are clueless. . .

Bitching when you CLEARLY didn't follow the rules is pretty dumb.

Now you are clearly breaking a rule that was written down somewhere for us to read auslyx. We were not, and we were doing the same thing that has been done in direct admin presence MANY thimes before.

Maedor, Eilistraee gave me very direct good reasoning why the zone could not be reset. It gets done a lot. Since the general policy is zones don't get reset, Eil did the absolute (in the true sense of the ethical meaning of the word) right thing and stuck with this policy. They even went to the trouble of explaining to me that in case there were any concerns about it being reset for Kiryan before, that that was done as a direct result of a bug that was being 'tested' in BC. I should of made it clear that Eilistraee communicated this to me if I didn't. :) I personally think that zones could be reset on crashes, however the logistics nightmare for the admin team would be horrifying beyond reasonable control. So probably better as it, sad, but oh well, a side effect of a quality ever evolving game I guess. We demand new features :)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:06 pm

So I'm a little late on this, but after reading all the arguments, I think that if they got reimbursed for their few hours of work (while breaking the rules), then I should get a full restore from my few years of work (while breaking the rules).

I don't ever hear much good about the place I once loved, just sounds to me like a bunch of unhappy players. I rarely ever read the BBS anymore so I may be wrong, but who cares :D Anything I hear is thru word of mouth, and I get pointed in the direction of a forum post such as this. I think this post was going somewhere but maybe it should stop here.

But then again, I'm just a "prowler" who doesn't belong here anymore, no? :D

Leave the gods alone and take responsibility for your own mistakes.
This post is giving me a headache :P

kthxbye
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:03 am

I have no 2 cents about this, but I do have a question relevant to the topic at hand.

What is the help command to read the rule about how many players you are allowed to bring to a zone? I can't find it. 'Help Rules' doesn't display anything about this, nor does 'Help Zone' or 'Help Group' or even 'Help Bronze/Help BC'.

Where can I, or any TorilMUD mudder in this case, find a listing of the player limits per zone?

I guess I've been under the impression for the last number of years that there is No player limit to bring to a zone, that your only limitation is how many people you can fit into a group to receive spell/gsay benefits/information.

Or is this something new? Kinda like how we have some zones with level limits?

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:59 am

Turg & Kiryan, You guys need to get into some spandex and go at it in a no hold barred steel cage match. no rules, whoever gets out of the cage wins. i would borrow some money, and definately pay to see that.

sok- the egoless, cuz it's obvious i'm already the best
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:19 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Here's a suggestion:

Don't snoop. Ask. Inform. Educate.

A law enforcement officer almost always has the option to teach before he enforces.

There are two types of cops. When some kids are skateboarding where they aren't supposed to be.

Cop #1 (Good Cop. Have Donut.)

"Hey, did you guys know you aren't allowed to skateboard here?"

"No."

"Well, you can skate board down at *such and such park*, which is right down there."

"Okay."

(Most likely, kids pack up and go. The law has been enforced and everyone is happy.)

Cop #2 (Bad Cop. No Donut.)

"Hey, you #@!# kids aren't supposed to skate board here."

*gets out of donutmobile and draws pistol*

Clearly, one of these cops IS NOT DOING A VERY GOOD JOB.

So, be a good cop, or else, you're with the terrorists.

lol, this is funny. let me be a little clearer, it's funny cuz it so stupid. but nonetheless, i'm carrying a box of donut in my car when i'm headed to vegas.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:11 pm

sok wrote:it's funny cuz it so stupid.

My tactics hittin' a little too close to home for ya there sok?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:59 pm

What I got from this thread?

Crashes on the last npc that will fall. Gods don't care. Why? Because they don't play the game. When was the last time an immortal with the power to restore did BC? BC is a real zone that takes dedication to do. It embodies the difficulty that use to be true in the real Toril, not some washed down version of it.

They were about to finish and get their stuff. You know, the reason why people waste 4+ hours in that zone. Just keep reminding them why they waste their time playing a game. Give any BC leader a purge command and they can reset the zone for you in 5 minutes. How? Purge all the squads and the gateguards, give the players the right keys, kill off some of Bel's demons, unlock a couple of doors. Your whole "we can't reset it because people do BC again" is just a huge spit in the face to the players who take the time to play the game.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:05 am

If Dlur can be a prowler, then I get to also! Consider this thread prowled!
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('

Return to “General Discussion Archive”