more discrimination in N.O. + rant

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
kiryan
Sojourner

more discrimination in N.O. + rant

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:44 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/22/katrin ... index.html

Everything about N.O. seems to be about discrimation.

Yes I can see the disparity. In some ideological way I'm sure its not "fair". On the other hand, 70% of N.O. is black? Probably more like 90% of N.O. poor is black? If you do a crime sweep in an area that is 99% inhabited by people of a certain ethnic race would you be surprised if 100% of those picked up were from a certain ethnic race? Oh but they are black so its discrimination...

The hurricane had nothing to do with discrimination. I have seen some interesting arguments about the federal response being "racist" but nothing more than interesting... the people being picked up in this sweep are the subject of bad fortune on top of previously having decided to step out on the wrong side of the law. Anyone remember the "rape" gangs that were walking the streets of N.O. and raping and killing people? Wanna bet that they were black?

minority groups and their advocates are half their own problem. Does jesse jackson know that slavery ended over 100 years ago? Hes the only person I hear talk about slavery and it seems everything he has to say is either about slavery or discrimination.

Oh and I freely discriminate based on a lot of things mostly dress some race. If I see 10 black people walking together dressed like a bunch of morons, I go around them or turn around and walk the other way. I see women move their purses when a black man dressed like a thug walks by and I certainly don't blame them. If I dressed like the KKK and walked through a refugee camp would anyone blame the people who whup my ass?

discriminating person,

michael
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:27 pm

I've never heard Jesse Jackson's speeches or anything, but wtf does he do? Make "motivational" speeches to have people give him money? Sounds like leader of the Moonies cult and PETA to me!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:40 pm

I bet you have something against asians too.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:17 am

Jesse Jackson is the guy who uses the word with the greatest number of syllables in a voice that sounds like he has something large and uncomfortable shoved up his...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:12 am

Don't you know, the hurricane was racist since it targeted a city with mostly blacks?

Oh and speaking of racist, has anyone seen the lovely *hit that Louis Farrakhan is saying that the levees were blown up to kill the black population and try to save the whites?
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:47 am

rylan wrote:Don't you know, the hurricane was racist since it targeted a city with mostly blacks?

Oh and speaking of racist, has anyone seen the lovely *hit that Louis Farrakhan is saying that the levees were blown up to kill the black population and try to save the whites?

Yeah and it's damn funny too. The mother wheel in the sky must of told him the truth.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:38 pm

Bush to God: Please do something about the Black Democrats in N.O.!

God to Bush: But I thought you needed them to maintain the white power structure.

==========

Galveston: Party Like It's 1900!

==========

Bush to Foreign Powers: Send us your aid!

Bush to US: No new taxes *wink*

==========

Bush's IPod: '80s - Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane

==========

Katrina to Rita: See if you can pick up the spare.

==========

Texas Route 290: Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

==========
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:02 pm

Those are pure classics Teflor, thanks.

What cracks me up the most is that some of you seem to expect logic and clear rationale from the talking heads on either side of the debate. The real crime is that the vast majority of those people took the opportunity to further their own personal agendas over just getting down and doing the relief work.

And that is where the outcry is coming from...and its not about race. The race card was played, imo, like Kiryan said, because NO is so heavily black. In reality, it was the class card that should have been played...and is to some extent in some circles.

And just because I don't know where else to put this...I guess its related to my first point about political absurdity...don't make me unleash Chang.

Unleashing Chang
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:10 pm

Nietsche: God is dead.
God: Nietsche is dead.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:06 pm

I think there could've been some politics in the response... not in a conscience decision to let the poor black democrats flounder in the disaster, but a lack of accessibility and trust in their representatives.

Jeb bush could've called his brother and would've gotten instant face time, the democratic governor and representatives of Louisiana probably got put off and caught up in red tate due to lack of clout / accessibility.

I think the only "class" issue here is in that only poor people would be stupid enough to live 15 to 40 feet below sea level.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:26 pm

kiryan wrote:I think there could've been some politics in the response... not in a conscience decision to let the poor black democrats flounder in the disaster, but a lack of accessibility and trust in their representatives.

Jeb bush could've called his brother and would've gotten instant face time, the democratic governor and representatives of Louisiana probably got put off and caught up in red tate due to lack of clout / accessibility.

I think the only "class" issue here is in that only poor people would be stupid enough to live 15 to 40 feet below sea level.

Naw, there were rich people who lived there too I bet! The truly stupid people are the ones who are going to go back and rebuild. Hey Dornax!

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:41 pm

Well they're going to have to pump out all the water again... the levees broke again.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:24 am

I think that if I lived there, I would go back. With the amount of aid that is going to be coming in, property value is going to skyrocket, the levees are going to be rebuilt bigger and better than before, and tourists will flock to it out of some morbid curiousity.

Well worth going back, especially if you had a business there. :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:35 pm

kiryan wrote:I think the only "class" issue here is in that only poor people would be stupid enough to live 15 to 40 feet below sea level.

Uhh, hopefully there is some tongue in cheek here...Kiryan, it says you live in LA??

"The scientists said that, with almost 100 faults in the Los Angeles area known to be capable of a magnitude 6.0 or greater earthquake, emergency planners must recognize that urban earthquakes cannot be considered rare."

I wouldn't expect a 48 hour advance warning either.

And as for poor people living below sea level...many of them are directly responsible for supplying labor to one of the most active ports in the US. Not to mention that one of the first things Bush and co did once they realized the extent of the damage in NO was to waive pay scale requirements. Meaning that many of the people that are rebuilding the area (refineries first of course) are getting paid squat.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:15 pm

That's totally different! There's a difference between acceptable risk and unacceptable risk. Acceptable risk is the kind you take. Unacceptable risk is the kind everyone else takes.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:27 pm

Vigis wrote:I think that if I lived there, I would go back. With the amount of aid that is going to be coming in, property value is going to skyrocket, the levees are going to be rebuilt bigger and better than before, and tourists will flock to it out of some morbid curiousity.

Well worth going back, especially if you had a business there. :)
…………………………………….__,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_…………………………………………………………
…………………………_,,,--~’’¯¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’-,,_………………………………………………….
…………………….,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’~,_……………………………………………
…………………,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~-,,………………………………………
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,,_……
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:34 pm

the difference is i won't be sitting here crying about racism and how the city, state, federal government did or didn't do xyz. I'd solve my own problems and move on.

besides, im just in los angeles for the cash and experience. when its opportune, i expect to move back to Oregon or some other more laid back conservative community. which interestingly enough may have just happened.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:40 pm

and he's taking vena's kids w/ him.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:42 pm

sok wrote:and he's taking vena's kids w/ him.

not if she doesnt sign the prenup :P
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:08 am

Oregon isn't conservative.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:02 pm

rylan wrote:Oregon isn't conservative.

.............................................____,,,---~`\,.............. ...........................................................
................................,,,_.,-~"* . . . . . . . . ."\,.........................................................................
.............................,/` . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "\, ......................................................................
......................... ,/. . . . : : : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :\‘-,...................... ...........................................
....................... ./. . . .: . :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : ::: ‘-, ................. ..............................................
......................,/ . . . : . :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : :: ‘-, ............... ............................................
...................,-/‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : : : :: : : :::: :::: ::::::’;............... ...........................................
......... *""\'''~~~~-______________________,,,,,,,,,,,,----~""""""""`/""*........................................
............ \,/\,/'\,,/"\,,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/"\,/"\,/"\,/"\.,-"-/...............................................
.............."~~-,,_____,,,,__________,,,,,,,,_____________,,,,---~"...............................................
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………

Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm

Of course hurricanes are racist. They are sent by god, and god is white.

That's why when you have a near death experience, you see a WHITE light.

If you see a black light, well you know where you're going..
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:10 am

Can anyone tell me how the government's response to Rita was any better than Katrina? In both storms, the government evacuated millions of people.

Wait. I must be watching the news again, where a grain of sand is a mountain as long as it's about race or politics.

Funny how we never see the missing black children on the national news networks, the real racists.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:12 pm

oregon is conservative.

portland and eugene outvote the rest of the state and you can guarantee i won't be living there.
ssar
Sojourner

The Gulf Hurricanes..

Postby ssar » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:32 pm

President George Bush jr has just released a statement following his investigation into the New Orleans disaster - The blame is being put on a Muslim suicide plumber.

President Bush has asked for pop groups to stage a benefit concert for the victims of New Orleans however Katrina and the Waves have NOT been invited.

Mayor of New Orleans has denied rumours the Mardi Gras is cancelled. He expects a record number of floats this year on Main St.

Five black men in purple dinner jackets & bow ties were found floating today under a pier in New Orleans, DNA tests later identified them as The Drifters. Rumour has it they where under the boardwalk down by the sea.

Eric Burden & the animals are re-releasing their earlier hit, House of the Rising Sun: It begins with "There was a house in New Orleans".

Hurricane Katrina: Typical female! When she came she was warm wild and wet. When she left she took the house and contents with her.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:18 am

bad bad aussie

(yes i giggled)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb

Return to “General Discussion Archive”