R.I.P. Eddie

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Branthur
Sojourner

R.I.P. Eddie

Postby Branthur » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:35 am

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10029582/

I watch wrestling on occasion. It amuses me the rediculous things that they do on there. I enjoy getting a good laugh.

Eddie was honestly one of the best performers that they had. He was fun to watch in the ring, whether face or heel.
Larble
Sojourner

Postby Larble » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:37 pm

As a casual observer to the whole sports entertainment scene I would agree. Sad to hear that he died so unexpectedly....and so young. It seems that 50% of the time when those guys die it's come cardiovascular dysfunction brought on by performance enhancing substances. The other half it seems to be illicit substances, painkillers and/or cocaine usually. Guess we'll have to wait for the autopsy report.

Viva la Race Eddie!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:28 pm

The Latino Heat has died down :(. Not sure why they mention that he held the belt for 4 months since everything is scripted.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Dalar wrote:The Latino Heat has died down :(. Not sure why they mention that he held the belt for 4 months since everything is scripted.

I'd imagine that you get the belt for how well you perform as an actor in that scene. Ie. if you can rile up the crowd and bring in large amounts of people, you get rewarded. I have really no idea since I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, the guys on the morning radio station here called him the "latino cold." I laughed.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:50 pm

Heh yea that statement brought a snicker too. To be honest, I thought he was one of the more popular wrestlers even in 2000 when they brought on that whole Latino heat deal. To get the belt in 2004... wtf took so long!

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:26 pm

Yeah, they took too long to give him the belt, but Vince likes giving it to big guys like Brock and his son-in-law. :P Though apparently they were setting Eddie up for a 2nd title run in the next couple weeks, from the looks of things.

RAW and Smackdown are both going to be tribute shows to Eddie this week.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:42 pm

Shane is his son in law? Or whatever that short faggot's name was.

Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:43 pm

Dalar wrote:Shane is his son in law? Or whatever that short faggot's name was.

HHH
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:50 pm

Oh yea!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”