Home Security Systems

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Home Security Systems

Postby Jhorr » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:30 am

Fascinating stuff. Anyone have recommendations?

I'm really sold on the wireless type. It seems silly that any burglar could just snip your telephone cord and eliminate the ability of the alarm to notify police. If I was a burglar and I walked up to a house I wanted to rob and there was the sign on the lawn that said 'ADT' or whatever, I'd simply walk around the house until I found the phone cord and *snip* the police are out of the loop.

So, what company is the best? ADT seems good but is expensive, Brinks doesn't make a wireless type, GE makes one but seems inexperienced?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:48 am

Smith & Wesson

Just joking. Personally, I'm not sure if I'd go that route. Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but I'd be too worried that the people that would install my system would be able to very easily sell the information on how to break in -- or break in themselves without every being caught. They would know where all the valubles were at and would be able to be in and out the quickest.

Anyway, good luck on your choice. All I've ever heard about was ADT, but I'd never buy anything off of name recognition. Well, I'd try not to anyway :)
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:31 am

actually there are some very decent alarm systems that are connected to the police dept via phone lines. you just gotta make sure the company you go with has the ability to install and wire the phone lines so that if the line is snipped it notifies the base system which in tern notifies police.

the sytem i have in my place i set up myself. its fairly detailed but always has backups if say a burglar tries to snip lines, cut screens etc,,,

it has other run stuff as well. motions are always nice just be certain you place them stategically around the area so all access points are covered.

anyway just some ideas, should you like know more look me up on game

nilan
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:11 pm

Which monitoring company do you use?

Return to “General Discussion Archive”