Anyone ever been on TV?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Eza
Sojourner

Anyone ever been on TV?

Postby Eza » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:21 pm

So this coming week I may be going on the Maury Povich show.

I never met my real dad. Him and my mom split when I was about one year old. To make a long story short, he found me after 24 years on October 20th and we may be going on TV to reunite. I'm scared out of my mind and I was just curious if anyone else has had any similar experiences?
Holding this in mind
That if we fall, we all fall
And we fall alone
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:40 pm

roflmao is it going to be one of those episodes where you guys take a DNA test to see if you two are really related?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:28 pm

Oh no theres no doubt about them being related. She's just freakin out about the whole tv thing.

Her dad is irish, quick tempered, and likes to throw tantrums. I think theres no contest.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 pm

a friend was on the jerry springer show, another friend did that bald black dude

its all choreographed, they are gonna have you go out on stage, they will tell you when to cry, hug, etc - the great part is gonna be if they have you re-do the 'first time ever meeting my father' moment

"this time, try to cry a little harder...got any eyedrops?"
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:30 pm

that black bald dude...heh. Montel Williams.

Well all that aside she'll get to meet her dad on someone elses dime. That in itself is goodness.
Kallinar goes MOO

Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:56 pm

That's so sad. Because one of the first things they asked me was "Can you cry for Maury" I was thinking "What, is he just a total sadist?" I can't imagine them trying to do a re-take of the first moment we see each other. I think I'd refuse.. that would cheapen it. And yeah. I won't mind a two day trip to New York all expenses paid.
Holding this in mind

And we fall alone
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:56 pm

They also asked me if I have all my teeth. I think if I would have said no they would have sent me to Springer.
Holding this in mind

And we fall alone
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:15 am

have they told you its all expense paid or are you assuming? often the airfare and meals aren't included - those guys are cheapskates
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 am

They are sending a car to our house to pick us up. Airfare is paid for already. Food is included. We will even be reimbursed for time lost from work.
Holding this in mind

And we fall alone
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:54 am

A friend of mine was on an episode of Judge Judy, though it was one that was never aired. She said they film your case, but both parties get a finacial imbursment and the actual 'verdict' is BS...Great way to settle a dispute since both parties get what they want, money.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:15 pm

Eza wrote:That's so sad. Because one of the first things they asked me was "Can you cry for Maury" I was thinking "What, is he just a total sadist?" I can't imagine them trying to do a re-take of the first moment we see each other. I think I'd refuse.. that would cheapen it. And yeah. I won't mind a two day trip to New York all expenses paid.

I knew a guy once who went on Maury. He tried to refuse to act the way they wanted. .i.e. make an ass of himself. When he told them he wouldn't do it, they asked him "Then how do you plan on getting home?"

Not the kind of people in whose hands I would put my image and reputation. :) Dance Monkey, DANCE!! >:p
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:48 pm

Serves me right for getting my hopes up about anything. They just cancelled the thing. I kinda knew it would happen though. Oh well.
Holding this in mind

And we fall alone
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:42 pm

Eza:

Don't feel too bad. A trip to NYC on their dime is certainly nice, but your better off for this. You will at some point get to meet your father, and you won't have to do it under any type of pressure or wierd circumstances.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:59 pm

Well, on the up side I did get a promotion at work today. Whee!
Holding this in mind

And we fall alone
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:27 pm

Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:13 am

Eza wrote:They also asked me if I have all my teeth. I think if I would have said no they would have sent me to Springer.

That's when you would of have to of said "No", and mention you've been working as a stripper and are addicted to crack living in your pimp's mobile home.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
muma
Sojourner

!

Postby muma » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:35 am

I wanna watch the show when you're on! when's it gonna air? also, i've only been on a local commercial, and local news hehe.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:50 am

It's not gonna. They cancelled it today. Bastards.
Holding this in mind

And we fall alone
Garal
Sojourner

Postby Garal » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:27 am

*comf eza*

I was on a game show. I'm sure some of the peeps that have been around for a good while have details, and I know at least one of them watched it because he still makes fun of me about it to this day. I never got to; the promised air date wasn't the day they actually showed it. *grumble*
beer.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:59 pm

Yea didn't you get your ass kicked.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”