Ever had to spend a long time in a hospital as a kid?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Ever had to spend a long time in a hospital as a kid?

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:18 pm

Figured I would post this here since I put up a banner at work today.

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

One of my oldest friends is one of the administrators of Childrens Hospital in New Orleans and I informed her of this today too. I'm a poor broke ass mofo and I can barely get anything for my girlfriend for christmas, but hey..if any of you out there can help out, I will feel a little better for having spread the word.

I've seen the stuff that goes in a Toy's for Tot's bin....and it always seemed a bit lacking when it came to todays kids.

Plus if you people in Oz and Sweden and wherever else in the world want to help, maybe your local childrens health institution can participate too! This year the organization added a UK medical center and they just keep on growing.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 pm

When I was young, my asthma was so severe I was in the hospital (like clockwork) every winter ... for at least a week or two.

One of those times I was there for christmas ... I remember the nurses told us kids that Santa came and was waiting for us in the lounge ... so all us sick kids wheeled our IV's down the hall to the lounge to see Santa!

I still have that stuffed animal somewhere.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:18 am

Damn double post
Last edited by Jenera on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 am

I spent a good bit of time every year in the hospital and even now. I remember once when I was in the hospital for a week and I woke up in my hospital bed to realize the candystripe ladies had decorated my bare cold room with tinsel and a tiny christmas tree with some other decorations and a brand new teddy bear was sitting under the tree. It was the first stuffed animal I had ever owned and I had it until it fell apart several years ago. Wish I could donate to these charities to give toys to children and warm coats and hot meals but we can barely afford to keep ourselves fed and a luxury or two. If it wasn't for generous donations of time, talents, and funds from the attendees, I couldn't hold gatherings every year either.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:40 am

Spent about 3 months there when I was 7-8 due to a severe phemonia and bronchitis problem. Really sucked.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:02 am

I spent most my childhood in the various hospitals around the greater Seattle area.. although Childrens hospital was the most memorable, places like that really go out of their way to make it as comfortable and fun for the kids as possible.

Nowdays i'm too big for the kids hospital but spend 3 days a week there for treatments.. and I too am broke but honestly money isn't the sollution to giving :) ask if you have time about donating a bit of your free time to something like coming in reading stories to kids or if they .. have something kind of like a big brother/sister program in a sense where you can come in and work on activities with the kids etc? .. Rewards come in all shapes and sizes :)

I myself just got done yesterday decorating the dialysis unit where I run with other patients for xmas, so I either have terrified many with the amount of lights I put up or made them happy will find out on Saturday :)

merry christmas all.
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)

Return to “General Discussion Archive”