Twitch

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Kifle
Sojourner

Twitch

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:32 am

I know there are some of you out there who are knowledgeable about such things so...

Here recently I've developed a twitch in my right eye. I have no idea where it came from, but it started about three weeks ago and hasn't really let up since. It's not only annoying, but it seems to always happen (but not only at these times) when I am talking to somebody of importance -- such as a professor. It's not to the point where I'm winking, but it's really really close at times.

So, is this something to be worried about (such as a precursor to something dangerous), or is it just a temporary thing that should work itself out?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:03 am

Lets try and figure this out.

Hrmm. Do you have a low sex drive or none at all? Irritable bowel syndrome? Frequent urination? Bad breath or unpleasant taste in your mouth? Have you recently had a bad breakout of acne on your buttocks?

Are you currently undergoing menopause?

We'll get to the bottom of this! Dr. Corth will handle this one!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:21 am

Corth wrote:Lets try and figure this out.

Hrmm. Do you have a low sex drive or none at all? Irritable bowel syndrome? Frequent urination? Bad breath or unpleasant taste in your mouth? Have you recently had a bad breakout of acne on your buttocks?

Are you currently undergoing menopause?

We'll get to the bottom of this! Dr. Corth will handle this one!

This post made my eye twitch :(

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:37 am

Hrmm.. excess flatulence?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:38 am

Seriously though, this is the type of thing you need to goto an honest to goodness doctor for. Nobody is going to be able to diagnose you online.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:47 am

I've heard it comes from repressing certain inner drives...

Dressed up as a female lately?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:35 am

Corth wrote:Seriously though, this is the type of thing you need to goto an honest to goodness doctor for. Nobody is going to be able to diagnose you online.

Wasn't really looking for a diagnosis -- more a worst case scenerio to figure out whether it is worth getting checked out in the first place. Not having health care is a bitch.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 am

Goddamned slippery mage.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:13 pm

Its also a sign of mineral deficiency, especially potassium. Try a banana.
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:11 pm

avak wrote:Its also a sign of mineral deficiency, especially potassium. Try a banana.

Just to clarify, you're supposed to EAT the banana.
V
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:13 pm

What a kifle would do WITH a banana.. *shudder*

Hows your stress level Kif? Might also be related to nerves. god knows i've twitched :P
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:36 pm

Where's Dr. Joth when we need him?!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:13 pm

The weird thing is, there has been hardly any change in stress levels, but they have been high for close to 6 months or so now. I take multi-vitamins every day, so I doubt it's a mineral defficiency. The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be serious is caffine and those levels have been roughly the same for close to 7 years. I think I may wait until it spreads other areas of the body and just write this off as an annoyance.

Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:35 am

Hi there Mr. Winky.

A possibility is, it could be that you over work your eye mucles. Are you at the computer alot? that will stress out the eye mucles if it's a frequent activity. I doubt it's a deficiancy in minerals or your whole body would be twitching.

Or you can go the superstitious route. I hear that when that happens to the left eye, it's a good omen, if it's the right eye, it's a bad omen! But I'm not very supertitious so I'd rule that out.
Vena
Sojourner

Postby Vena » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:42 am

i was gonna suggest banana and prayer until you said high for 6 months.

get off the juice

kiryan
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:55 am

Kifle wrote:The weird thing is, there has been hardly any change in stress levels, but they have been high for close to 6 months or so now. I take multi-vitamins every day, so I doubt it's a mineral defficiency. The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be serious is caffine and those levels have been roughly the same for close to 7 years. I think I may wait until it spreads other areas of the body and just write this off as an annoyance.

Hydration, perhaps. Dryer air in winter months will up your fluid needs. Get your blood pressure checked. Darken your monitor a little (try adjusting to see if you can get a significantly more comfortable setting).
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:26 am

well my first question is have you changed anything in your diet recently... cut anything out ect ect.

my second question is is it only your eye and is it only with your prof...

if you have muscle twitches (especially in your leg) its probably either potasium or sugar deficiencies.. good way to check is eat a banana about an hour or so b4 you do any sort of exorcise and if your muscles twitch while or right after the exorcise then it not potasium or sugar

if it only happens in stress situations or nervous situations and only with your eye... welcome to life you have a bervous twitch and aside from paralyzing the muscle group theres not much you can do.

if its purely stress hire a masuse or find a relaxing hobby.

chances are your developing a nervous twitch and need a few days off to calm it down.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:55 am

I think the exact same thing happened to Touk right before he turned into a pirate? Is one of your legs shrinking per chance?
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Sundara wrote:Hi there Mr. Winky.

A possibility is, it could be that you over work your eye mucles. Are you at the computer alot? that will stress out the eye mucles if it's a frequent activity. I doubt it's a deficiancy in minerals or your whole body would be twitching.

Or you can go the superstitious route. I hear that when that happens to the left eye, it's a good omen, if it's the right eye, it's a bad omen! But I'm not very supertitious so I'd rule that out.

Don't listen to Sundara! I play WoW/DOTA at least 6 hours a day and I work in IT so that's another 8 hours on the comp. Also, my left eye is twitching too recently. I've had a fuckton of bad luck lately too so no good omens there. However, I've been getting dehydrated more lately too and everytime I drink a few cups water I seem to twitch less if not at all.

P.S. DOTA rules
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:59 pm

poor darty :( ...do you wear some really intense bifocals?

oh as for the omen thing, I am not totally sure wich eye twitcher is the good or bad omen and I just heard about the supertition yesterday! and the person that told me couldn't remember what was what either, soo... I guess it's the left eye that is bad omen! twitch right eye, twitch!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:03 pm

pretty sure left = bad

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:04 pm

Sundara wrote:poor darty :( ...do you wear some really intense bifocals?

oh as for the omen thing, I am not totally sure wich eye twitcher is the good or bad omen and I just heard about the supertition yesterday! and the person that told me couldn't remember what was what either, soo... I guess it's the left eye that is bad omen! twitch right eye, twitch!

if it's a chinese superstition i'm betting it's left = bad. i know if you're left-handed in the old days you forced to go right-handed.

Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:50 pm

forced? why?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:30 pm

Sundara wrote:forced? why?

in some countries men wipe after going to the bathroom with their left hand, other nasty things are associated with being left handed. It is considered rude in some places to offer a left handed handshake ..Even to this day, a lot of people who are naturally left handed are forced to become right handed.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:35 pm

Fuck now both of my eyes are twitching.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Ambar wrote:
Sundara wrote:forced? why?

in some countries men wipe after going to the bathroom with their left hand, other nasty things are associated with being left handed. It is considered rude in some places to offer a left handed handshake ..Even to this day, a lot of people who are naturally left handed are forced to become right handed.

I was forced to change to right handed in kindergarden :(

Anyway, it's the right eye, so I do hope that the left thing is true because I'm a bit superstitious. Nothing has changed in my diet, and, like I said earlier, there has been no change in stress levels for roughtly 6 months or so (which is high stress). I think the stress may just be catching up to me.

Also, the twitch will happen about once every 30 minutes or so for no apparent reason. I could be as relaxed as possible and it will still twitch. It is rather annoying.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:41 pm

Could be stress. I'm kinda stressed and wired from some coffee.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”