Sojourner

Evils Return

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:56 pm

Seems evils are on a comeback

Previosly I posted my thoughts
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... 576#161576
If u want to take a peak....

The evil base is growing and I'm glad to see it for one
On Sat we did Tf and sunday we did crypts, I want to thank those that logged in on sat and to say each sat i will try organize a zone for us to do
Those curious here's the group list

Group information for Tssassop and Company
Size: 15
Unsplit Coins: 0 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper
(Head) 380/380 psp 125/125 move 657/657 hit - Tssassop
132/132 move 360/360 hit - Tibek
154/154 move 1131/1109 hit - Akur
158/158 move 906/907 hit - Rucha
142/142 move 731/731 hit - Zubox
116/116 move 846/846 hit - Raludakov
131/131 move 397/397 hit - Nilan
120/120 move 734/700 hit - Aluvon
122/122 move 560/584 hit - Onut
162/162 move 706/706 hit - Mung
126/126 move 638/638 hit - Tida
132/132 move 472/539 hit - Solak
113/113 move 515/515 hit - Rensi
122/122 move 616/616 hit - Asez
452/691 psp 107/107 move 587/584 hit - Xilissisix

Once again, thanks for comming and hopefully seeya again next Sat, and the one after that, and who knows what the future may hold.

Lets see if we can keep this up

Tssassop / Tasop / Glandriel
Yeh, i think i havea corpse there too....
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:58 pm

Oh btw
Many thanks to Babo for leading Sundays Run, well done
hagah
Sojourner

Postby hagah » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:50 pm

Thanks to Tssassop/Babo for great leads, we learned some things about the jabberwock!

Mung/Alks/Hagah
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:41 pm

hate to bust your bubble there, but you got 3 neutrals there, go all evil or go home
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:45 am

Thats a grand comment Ruxur, what a jerk -off thing to say.
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 am

Evil may take time to be rebuilt but as being a newbie, we will outgrow it. Who knows... mebbe one day evil can do tiamat as evil again.

And ruxur... maybe you should stop discouraging... Be around sometimes and give a helping hand. Just saying something without doing it wont really help change how things go. FYI those neutrals you mentioned (so far as i know except for Aluvon) have started their own evils... I believe they supported evil runs because their evils are not of sufficient level to participate in zones yet.

And evils know how to look beyond the eqs that peeps wear and still group even though the group causes u to take on ages to get level...

Does not matter as long the players are having fun.

Cheers
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:17 am

The playtime and leadership Tsssspspspspspsps is showing in just getting on so much, INVITING people to come smite with him, not just 'allowing' them to, and general being nice and helpful to all the new evil players is the first serious and sustainable revival of evil playerbase there has been since crimson coalition was founded in my opinion. Good job! I've been having a blast with the late nighters, Zubox and Cuy deserve a mention for sheer smiting too!

PS: I heard Ruxur was just ticked off because you were infringing on his newly founded human only guild! :P Damn rednecks! *grins* *taunt*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:09 pm

Yeh, well.....

I'm not even going to comment on Ruxur's comment, I hear many lame comments and thats just another misguilded insite to fuck all.

All i'm going to say is the evil pbase has picked up, I'm enjoying leading zones again and will continue to do so, I will also xp lowbie evils and help them with eq or whatever they require. Babo, Zubox, Akur, Rucha, Xil, Zoom, Tibek, Nilan, damn there are so many more (and if i didnt mention u, forgive me) that are helping me rebuild evils that also need to be thanked.
Not one person can do this alone and i said that in my orig post posted weeks ago, It takes many to make anything work, all i did was mention it and stick by my word to help. It does annoy me when people dont have anything better to do than make some negitive comment when they are probably to hung up helping themselves anyway.

Thanks Sarell for being positive, your comments meant alot, thanks...

People i think forget one basic thing sometimes, The mud.. Its a fucking game, and meant to be fun

Enjoy it

Tssassop/Glandriel/Tasop
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 pm

*cough cough*

Hey sarell, I led tons of stuff and invited anybody who could and would come along. But yeah, way to rally the troops, Tasop!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:18 pm

hagah wrote:Thanks to Tssassop/Babo for great leads, we learned some things about the jabberwock!

Mung/Alks/Hagah

Lolz char sharing ftw! Last time I talked to Babo he/she (I think she) could barely speak a word of English. Now she can lead?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:21 pm

Dalar wrote:
hagah wrote:Thanks to Tssassop/Babo for great leads, we learned some things about the jabberwock!

Mung/Alks/Hagah

Lolz char sharing ftw! Last time I talked to Babo he/she (I think she) could barely speak a word of English. Now she can lead?

Hooked on phonics, man. Second languages aren't too hard to learn if you only want be able to converse a bit.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:48 am

Nilan wrote:Thats a grand comment Ruxur, what a jerk -off thing to say.

*bird*
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:20 pm

hagah wrote:
Thanks to Tssassop/Babo for great leads, we learned some things about the jabberwock!

Mung/Alks/Hagah

Yeh, Bab's is a bit hard to understand, but seems u dont need english as a first language to lead a zone, and i think some us that have spent some time with him/her kinda know what he/she is tryin to say. Its almost like a game a who wants to be a millionare, You just take 50/50 ask the group or phone a friend... usually works :D

Babs is doing great and i say well done!!

Tssassop/Tasop/Glandriel
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:08 pm

Sok can lead, and he can't communicate that great... or read.... or HEAL!

:SCHMOOCH:
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:24 pm

Sok is great at forming groups, I'm great at taking them over when he words and logs because he spanks on silly mobs like the Canthus pack on MS.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 pm

Listing of the Mortals!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[50 Enc] Vikaz (Drow Elf)
[50 Nec] Tssassop - Keeper of Souls (Yuan-Ti) (RP)
[50 War] Akur (Troll) (RP)
[50 Psi] Immixazer * Thought Twister * Malevolent Order (Illithid)
[50 Rog] Borkodatukov (Duergar)
[50 War] Goz * Phalanx * Malevolent Order (Troll) (RP)
[50 War] Zukoz (Troll)
[50 Cle] Elet (Drow Elf)
[50 Enc] Daggaz (Drow Elf) (RP)
[50 Psi] Zoominixxar * Catastrophist * Malevolent Order (Illithid) (AFK)
[48 Ctr] Meegwan (Orc)
[47 Sha] Naggug Smoosh Feet (Ogre)
[46 Cle] Llaalna (Drow Elf)
[46 Enc] Solak * Prophetic One * Malevolent Order (Drow Elf)
[44 War] Zazah (Troll)
[40 Inv] Asez Iz'ralind (Drow Elf) (RP)
[27 Sha] Nopup (Orc) (RP)
[24 War] Rilaramad (Duergar) (RP)
[22 Ill] Ssissax (Yuan-Ti) (RP)
[20 Rog] Nukurukam (Duergar)

There are 20 mortal(s) on.

Yeh, thats decent :P

Keep it up, welcome back some the older evil players, is great to see ya's online as evils again
Itasha
Sojourner

Postby Itasha » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:05 pm

One of these days I won't be anon when he does that....
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:28 pm

Smiting Evils BC, 6pm EST Friday.
Shadow Scream
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:04 pm

One of these days Itasha? Why do it at all..
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:22 pm

Excellent work :) The staff says thanks!
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Itasha
Sojourner

Postby Itasha » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Daggaz-

A lot of times I'm about 32 levels down in the UD fighting for my life while I try to map the lovely confusing maze of tunnels down there.Tells start pouring in at inconvenient times distracting me. (laugh) So when I'm exploring or hanging out in Menzo, I tend to tog the anon.

Tash
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:57 pm

K, i just need to mention a few things

Lately i have had countless humans asking me to xp them

From now on, unless i know u really really well, i will not xp your human chars.
I did this to build the evil pbase, not human pbase, whom in my opinion have countless options in getting xp groups. This may seem a bit ironic to some seeing as some humans help us zone. And that i agree with u there, but lets be real. How can i xp the evils when i have 9 in group and 4 of them are humans while the little evils are still lfg in vt seeking xp? I have to draw the line somewhere and i am sorry. There are exceptions to every rule and like i said, if i know u well, then i will xp ya human, if i dont, then plz, dont ask me. Its simple really, dont roll a little human, roll an evil race and come join me. If u roll a small human, then xp it with goods plz. I dont want this to effect the evil human zone relations, but please just think about what i am saying and put yaself in my shoes. I spend on some days lvl'n people for up to 9 hrs of solid xp, and it is tiring and most u would know.
Secondly. Necro's, i will aid any necro, and even get them a few lvls, but I will NOT power lvl anyones necro, very soon i will aid a necro to get 1st few circle spells, after that, ya on ya own, Necro suppose to be a soloable char, and its not fair to the high lvl necro's that spent ages getting lvls for some new necro to get power lvl'd to a spectre lvl, and besides, if u cant learn how to play a necro with all ya pets by playin solo, when u are lvl 50 u will still suck. simple.

As it stands, this is how i feel, any evil, i will xp u, any low lvl necro, i will aid u, and humans i do not know, specially new lvl 1-10 humans that have been asking me for xp. Dont, cause i will not lvl you. In truth atm i feel like some have taken my attempt to help evil pbase and a free ride and free xp for anyone that wants xp. This is, nor has it ever been my intentions. It was to build the 'Evil' pbase. You wanna try a new class char? wanna xp? then make an evil

Anyhow, i dont wish to offend nor do i want this to stop anyone asking for xp if u are evil.

Thanks for reading this, seeya on the battlefield.

Tssassop/Glandriel/Tasop
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:14 pm

as a *cough* newly realized drow invo. i dig it man. the evil side seems to be coming together. it's strange 2 months ago I gave up leveling the drow because there was like 3 people logged on evil besides myself, as of late alot of times there are more evils on than goodies or at least a pretty comporable number. this is a huge change. so thanks tssa it's very much been a good time xpin with ya and, I will see you tonight for a most glorious BC run :)
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:51 pm

Great lead today Tssassop & Co, an all evil race affair...Couldn't have asked for a better time after not zoning in 4+ months. Look forward to future saturday fun.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:25 pm

thanks Tssassop!

I totally understand the human xp thing. If any of you know me, I'm evil at heart, even if I play my human cleric.

Kudos for the great work - all of you!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:05 am

The 'your not a real evil' thing is creeping back into some people's mindsets, that's what will end evil race zoning.
Shadow Scream
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:41 am

Sarell wrote:The 'your not a real evil' thing is creeping back into some people's mindsets, that's what will end evil race zoning.

I don't see it as that. He creates XP groups for a particular goal: To help out rising evil characters. Why is this his goal? Because he wants to increase the evil player base.

Is his goal to increase neutrals? No.

Is his goal to have bigger evil groups? Yes, but that's secondary.

We already use neutrals to fill in evil group gaps. Hell, for awhile I was the ONLY cleric that evils had... But, that's just a bandaid. If you want to play an evil race, then roll an evil race.

When we build groups, we do a "who sort evil", first.

After about 15-20 minutes of failing to fill group slots, switching alts, and IMing off-liners, then we do a "who sort neutral" and go from there.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:03 am

"When we build groups, we do a "who sort evil", first."

I don't and I lead more evil zones than most people. I look for the people I like, then the people I know are reliable. The people who get on LFG and belittle new players for asking to exp as an evil human I think are jerks who I don't want to spend my relaxation time with.

Tssassop is not one of these mean people. I wasn't even posting in response to his thread however I do think a swmall minority of people took it the wrong way. I was posting in response to the ingame meaness towards neutrals, also a small minority. A small minority with a big mouth, is enough to ruin all Tssassop's hard work. Your doing it to some of the best evil leaders ever when you have been to maybe 3 zones and are claiming your some sort of new league of evil elites. If you start a evil VS good dichotomy your are going to get absolutely trounced.

Evils need new players yeh, they also need a damn big shakeup in skills and attitude if they want to be a formidable zoning power.
Shadow Scream
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:34 pm

Laugh Sarell...

Many people in general on the mud need an attitude shake-up, whether good-raced or evil-raced. Its one reason I'm not around as much anymore.

However I do have an evil-raced character, and I must say that the evils' view towards XP is a wonderful one (and always has been), even if its directed towards evil-raced characters only. Good/nuetrals have so many XP choices without the long walks in comparison to the evils. Being invited to the morning XP romps in the mines with the other evil-raced characters is a lovely thing. I get invited... I don't have to beg, be best friends with people running the XP, or *shudder* Solo XP. I don't have to shout myself hoarse over LFGC looking for XP groups.

Not only that, but I have FUN! What a concept.. XP returning to fun. We joke, we laugh, we chat, we kill, we level...

I do heartily agree with the idea of destroying the whole Us vs. Them mentality that seems to be prevalent between some of the old school evil-raced players and old school good-raced players. With the over-all playerbase as low as it is, there really is no room for such prejudices.

*blushes slightly, steps off the soap box and hides it in a shadow somewhere*
Dorlack
Sojourner

Nuetral Discrimination

Postby Dorlack » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:57 pm

I did experience this in a zone group. I was excited to play again and got invited to an evil zone group. It was cool to group with evils since I have never done it before. I did however have to listen to prejudice comments about humans and nuetrals suck for two hours and how evil races only want to group with evil races. A human evil is not evil, whatever since that makes. Thats like saying a dog is not a dog unless its a german sheppard. It was quite annoying. The evil race community might re-think their way of speaking if they want more folks to group with. Though I liked grouping with some new folks I'm not sure I'd like to listen to all the negative ranting and raving about how prejudice the people I am grouped with are.

I do understand power leveling issue above but the insistent flames about being a certain race/class/alignment that the game allows to group is not necessary and do not produce a fun gaming environment for everyone involved. It's your choice to be prejudice but I am not sure how constructive it is trying to establish a larger player base.

Dorlack
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:46 pm

Its like there is some rule that if you play an evil race character you need to automatically lose 10-15 IQ points.... :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:20 pm

I did experience this in a zone group. I was excited to play again and got invited to an evil zone group. It was cool to group with evils since I have never done it before. I did however have to listen to prejudice comments about humans and nuetrals suck for two hours and how evil races only want to group with evil races.

Hrrmm, well it wasnt in any of my groups, zone group or otherwise. None of my groups, zone or otherwise has had anyone backstabbed humans or nuets or anyone else for that matter. And if u participated in my zone groups you'll note 1 outa 10 has had all evils... and the only comment made in that group was it was 'nice' to see and all evil group again.
I lead CC on sunday and 1/2 my group was human! Evils still do, and for some time will need human help and it is stupid comments like this that will undo all i have tried to accomplish. For Gods sake, how about some positive feedback instead of all this dumbass bitching.

As for my previous post, I think some of you are missing the point i was trying to make, and that was simply i didnt wish to xp any new human alts.
Imagine this if you can, for 4 weeks you been posting how u wish to help the evil pbase, saying you will xp evil chars, and then when all these new evils are being rolled u cant xp them cause u have a group of humans in your group. Its a simple thing really and I did not wish to offend nor turn this into a 'oh he has a prob with humans' because i dont. I just cant xp humans and xp evils and stick to my orig plan in doing so.
Have I ever said i wont zone with humans in it? I have ever said Evils are too good to have humans hunt with them? NO!

I'm am soo happy when i do a who evil and see 20 or more evils on, because there used to be maybe 4 or 5 online, and i'm sure you, that play evil atm are greatful there are zone groups now and people to xp with.... Please.. Dont ruin it

The oldskool evil attitude has to change... You turn away those that help you and this evil pbase will be as it used to be... nothing.

As i have said, i will continue to lead zones for evils and xp evils, but i will have no part in any Evil vs Human crap because i think its fucken stupid.

Tssassop / Tasop / Glandriel
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:45 pm

Oh, and before my oldskool evil comment gets taken outa text and taken the wrong way
The Oldskool evils i been hunting with dont have an attitude... They're damn nice people and i've never heard no evil vs good comments from them.....

Tssassop
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:54 pm

Well said Tasop
Latreg
Sojourner

Re: Nuetral Discrimination

Postby Latreg » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:32 pm

Dorlack wrote:I did experience this in a zone group. I was excited to play again and got invited to an evil zone group. It was cool to group with evils since I have never done it before. I did however have to listen to prejudice comments about humans and nuetrals suck for two hours and how evil races only want to group with evil races. A human evil is not evil, whatever since that makes. Thats like saying a dog is not a dog unless its a german sheppard. It was quite annoying. The evil race community might re-think their way of speaking if they want more folks to group with. Though I liked grouping with some new folks I'm not sure I'd like to listen to all the negative ranting and raving about how prejudice the people I am grouped with are.

I do understand power leveling issue above but the insistent flames about being a certain race/class/alignment that the game allows to group is not necessary and do not produce a fun gaming environment for everyone involved. It's your choice to be prejudice but I am not sure how constructive it is trying to establish a larger player base.

Dorlack

although I haven't been back for long I have not seen the "ranting and raving" you speak of. Personally I would like to group with all evils. Human are the base character for which all others are compared and given special abilities to offset their weeknesses so they are "equal" to their human counterpart. Now they are given the ability to group with evils which basically doubles the amount of zones they can do. This was done to help out the evils so they could make zone-able groups. What has happened is many have jumped in on the human band wagon to take advantage of grouping with either side therefore increasing their zone potential. players from both sides have gone human. Certainly you can see what could happen here, the die hard evils will stay evil, others will play human so they can do both sides. Anti-paladins I consider an exception because they by nature are evil and can't change their alignment without serious penalties, where as all other humans can. So certainly preferential treatment of evils makes alot of sense, to increase and encourage the evil pbase. However the negative comments are counter productive, some do it as part of RP for their character and should be taken as such. In the long run I'd like to see the evils not group with humans except for anti's unless the human character could be made like anti's where if they changed their alignment they would suffer penalties like they do, that would be acceptable imo. Now understand I also take issue with neutral hehehe pick a side and stick to it! ;)
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:04 am

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to group with humans in the 'longrun'. This perception of what is evil what isn't is so wierd. In my opinion, some arch mage who is totally mean and badass, ala Corth, should be LEADING hordes of evil trolls against stupid EM and the like. That's the way it works in all the cool stories! Anyhow, I just see it as a bunch of people playing the best fun ever game and smiting zones, if you have a character that can group fantastic.

In that spirit, Evil BC again! This weekend, Saturday, 8pm EST. That's 9AM Sunday in Malaysia I think *prod*. If people rather do a different zone, perhaps scorps, it hasn't been done in ages, traditionally evils always smote scorps well. But BC has pretty fine rewards, is long, but not OMG tiatouch horror long, and being race restricted gear gives evils a shot at something they can't trade for terribly well. I've lead BC 0 deaths, last trip was about 60 deaths I think (omg I forgot to flee was watching pron), we have to fix that folks!
Shadow Scream
Minofagal
Sojourner

lili help

Postby Minofagal » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:19 am

i have a start for equ for my 45 / troll / warrior that i'd love to bring back to help out but equ getting might be tricky since i have little to trade and no plats (just bought tinkers bag :P )

look me up in game for slots i'm missing if you want to help. shrug
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:46 am

Rock on.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:52 pm

Sarell wrote: This perception of what is evil what isn't is so wierd. In my opinion, some arch mage who is totally mean and badass, ala Corth, should be LEADING hordes of evil trolls against stupid EM and the like. That's the way it works in all the cool stories! Anyhow, I just see it as a bunch of people playing the best fun ever game and smiting zones, if you have a character that can group fantastic.

don't get me wrong some of my friends and people I work with in real life are human. The arch mage example you use is a valid one, however if the person who plays it decided to do a one eighty and go good or whatever they have that choice with no penalty, where as most other races suffer some penalties, or did last I knew(evil grey elf) they still get smited in their hometown?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Latreg wrote:
Sarell wrote: This perception of what is evil what isn't is so wierd. In my opinion, some arch mage who is totally mean and badass, ala Corth, should be LEADING hordes of evil trolls against stupid EM and the like. That's the way it works in all the cool stories! Anyhow, I just see it as a bunch of people playing the best fun ever game and smiting zones, if you have a character that can group fantastic.

don't get me wrong some of my friends and people I work with in real life are human. The arch mage example you use is a valid one, however if the person who plays it decided to do a one eighty and go good or whatever they have that choice with no penalty, where as most other races suffer some penalties, or did last I knew(evil grey elf) they still get smited in their hometown?

Agreed, a lot of what I hear and see that bothers evils and their view of humans is situation such as this:

A group of evils form to do a zone, grab a few humans to fill in the gaps and set out and start a zone...Mid zone, some of the humans get invited to do a higher-end zone lead by goodraces with better rewards, and the humans leave to go on to something better...Because they can zone on both sides of the board, they don't have to worry much about irritating people from one side so long as the other will still take them along and since goodraces do more high-end zones at a much more regular frequency, its only natural that the evilraces are the ones who see this negative factor.

This doesn't happen often, but when evils zone a few times a week it doesn't take long before a few 'spoiled' trips at the hands of humans leaving the group high and dry add tinder to the fire. A lot of the time it feels like humans only zone with evils for lack of anything else to do, and when some players leave an evil group mid-way it only further adds to this.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:03 am

I have left an evil group mid-way several times. And I just want to state that sometimes RL just shows its ugly face.

Remember that often the humans are invited because else the zonage can't begin. Then we agree even though we don't really have the time.

I doubt anyone would leave an evil zone group to go to a good zone group midway unless a guild or something more or less forces them.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:49 am

In addition to antipaladins, there's necromancers and liches. They can go neutral now, but they can't go good without losing a big chunk of their power, that is, the raising of undead.

Also, as far as I know, Botef and Tssassop are the only two evilrace committed necromancers...if you need a soul walker, you may have to turn to humans if for some reason either of them are !available.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:38 pm

There are 0 visible staff member(s) on.

Listing of the Mortals!
[50 Rog] Nilan ShadowStalker *Velg'larn* Treachery's Blade (Drow Elf) (RP)
[50 Inv] Zalkenai Ark'Henneld (Drow Elf) (RP)
[50 Psi] Muxxissinix (Illithid)
[50 Cle] Raludakov - Hordes of Darkness (Duergar)
[50 War] Rucha * Anvil * Malevolent Order (Troll)
[50 War] Sukor Smack Head * Storm * Malevolent Order (Troll)
[50 Sha] Bodug Smokestuff - Hordes of Darkness (Ogre) (RP)
[50 Enc] Verzul - Jabbuk d'Faer - Hordes of Darkness (Drow Elf)
[50 Nec] Tssassop Soul Keeper - Hordes of Darkness (Yuan-Ti) (RP)
[48 Ill] Lamas -Twisted eye- Hordes of Darkness (Yuan-Ti)
[47 Dir] Latreg (Orc)
[47 Ctr] Wotak (Orc) (RP)
[44 Ctr] Bibad Singbad * Death * Hordes of Darkness (Orc) (RP)
[43 War] Agum (Ogre)
[29 Nec] Xisskas (Yuan-Ti)
[26 Rog] Kozamagur (Duergar)
[22 Cle] Ssiki (Yuan-Ti)
[21 Nec] Ssarrit (Yuan-Ti)
[19 Enc] Kessarri (Yuan-Ti)
[ 1 Rog] Oneta (Drow Elf)
[ 1 War] Ikaz (Drow Elf)

There are 21 mortal(s) on.

Total visible players: 21.
Record number of players on this boot: 86.

I just wanted to say, NICE ONE!!

yeh i know some are goods alts but hey, It looks good :)

Tssassaop
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:26 pm

Oh yeh, I know that previous post has nothing to do with the topic....

But for once, neither do I :P

We need humans from time to time and if they leave, so be it, Most zones i've lead lately when someone left, we had them replaced, and sometimes its humans, and sometimes its evils. Who cares :D

I'm having fun

Damn that evilpbase looks good tho huh? :D
Itasha
Sojourner

Postby Itasha » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:13 am

< 413h/413H 184p/184P 138v/138V >
< P: sit > who evil
Listing of the Staff
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<None>

There are 0 visible staff member(s) on.

Listing of the Mortals!
[36 War] Rilaramad - Soldier - Hordes of Darkness (Duergar) (RP)
[50 War] Akur (Troll) (RP)
[37*Cle] Itasha (Drow Elf) (RP)
[50 Rog] Nulatudas (Duergar)
[50 War] Culuc - Hordes of Darkness (Troll)
[44 Ctr] Bibad Singbad * Death * Hordes of Darkness (Orc) (RP)
[50 Rog] Rezah * Mugger * Malevolent Order (Drow Elf)
[50 War] Rucha * Anvil * Malevolent Order (Troll)
[45 Ctr] Dacray Bloodpainter (Orc)
[47 Enc] Zusuh (Drow Elf)
[49 Cle] Ssissaz * Venom * Malevolent Order (Yuan-Ti)
[47 Psi] Axxizzeniz (Illithid)
[45 Inv] Asez - Pestilence - Hordes of Darkness (Drow Elf) (RP)
[50 Sha] Bodug Smokestuff - Hordes of Darkness (Ogre) (RP)
[50 Sha] Kobud Soul Smasher (Ogre)
[49 Psi] Xilissisix * Seer * Malevolent Order (Illithid)
[50 Ill] Marrus (Yuan-Ti)
[50 Nec] Botef Arken'viir * Overlord * Malevolent Order (Drow Elf)
[50 Cle] Raludakov - Hordes of Darkness (Duergar)
[50 War] Targsk Mosh Dwarf - To'Ryll Avuna - Orbdrin D'oloth (Troll) (RP)
[50 Inv] Rrassassoz (Yuan-Ti)
[17 Nec] Enap (Drow Elf)
[49 War] Zazah * Swordancer * Malevolent Order (Troll)
[50 Enc] Verzul - Jabbuk d'Faer - Hordes of Darkness (Drow Elf)
[50 Rog] Nilan ShadowStalker *Velg'larn* Treachery's Blade (Drow Elf) (RP)
[47 Ctr] Wotak * Dark Chorus * Malevolent Order (Orc) (RP)

There are 26 mortal(s) on.

Total visible players: 26.
Record number of players on this boot: 86.

Now this is an evils roll call. (grin)
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:34 am

Yea, there was for the first time in ages two zoning groups...one doing BC, the other doing Oakvale.

// Post Count +1
Tasop/Glandriel
Sojourner

Postby Tasop/Glandriel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:32 am

Excellent!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”