Some people just have no respect for anything.

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Duna
Sojourner

Some people just have no respect for anything.

Postby Duna » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:41 pm

Am I the only one to find this disgusting? Thanks to the wacko's the funeral route and such info has been pulled outta the paper and is being kept a secret..
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4560753
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:44 pm

so sad
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:33 pm

The "kansas group" that pickets those places is one specific family and a small cult of followers. They live about 2 blocks from me in a commune. They put a "baptisimal font" in their back yard. It's a swimming pool. Of course, they got it and it is now a tax ride off. They fly their flags (both American and Canadian) upside down and they force their children of about 6-10 years old to carry signs depicting soddomy and other signs that say "GOD HATES AMERICA" and "IT IS TOO LATE TO PRAY" in front of many, many of the community churches in my area. They are out in droves every day, especially Sunday. They also make it widely known that they believe the military action ANYWHERE, not just in the middle-east is totally wrong, no matter the reasons, and when our soldiers die, it is to punish our country for the "civil" way which we treat homosexuals.

This kind of insane belief and behavior truly sickens me.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:43 pm

Isn't confrontation and protesting and to a small degree freedom what America is built on?

illegal is illegal and a different matter, but if i have to respect a gays way of life and see it permeate throughout society from legal institutions all the way down to my chidlren's class room, i think you have to respect these religious retards too who don't even have the opportunity to peddle it in the public institutions.
Last edited by kiryan on Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:43 pm

Just hope that the biker group that formed to protest that guy and his church show up :) They are called the Freedom Riders or some such. Personally, I have found that a high powered pellet gun loaded with rock salt is a very good way to handle those who annoy me :p
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:57 pm

kiryan wrote:Isn't confrontation and protesting and to a small degree freedom what America is built on?

illegal is illegal and a different matter, but if i have to respect a gays way of life and see it permeate throughout society from legal institutions all the way down to my chidlren's class room, i think you have to respect these religious retards too who don't even have the opportunity to peddle it in the public institutions.

Protesting does not mean egging someone's house and stealing their property. People like this are Branch Davidian cults in the making. There's a difference between peaceful protest and fanatical idiocism.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:54 pm

read the bolded part again.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:04 pm

wow this is going south very fast. personally i think that its wrong to egg someones house and steal. but to do it because someones son died protecting you fredoms? maybe im biased because i have 2 brothers in afghanistan (sp?). but where i come from those actions are not tolerated.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:05 pm

"The group claims U.S. soldier deaths are punishment for U.S. tolerance of gays."

So, if we force all homosexuals out of the country we will be bullet proof? Funny, in the comics they always have to jump in toxic waste or get bitten by something.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:16 pm

those are also the people who bomb abortion clinics and shoot people wearing furs

hell in my opinion they could be seen right next to those terrorists of followers of bin laden

see? fanatics abide all over .. they'd also be the first to protest if communism overtook the us .. asshats
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:16 pm

Cirath wrote:"The group claims U.S. soldier deaths are punishment for U.S. tolerance of gays."

So, if we force all homosexuals out of the country we will be bullet proof? Funny, in the comics they always have to jump in toxic waste or get bitten by something.

Lol, nah, those jackasses would make something up -- they always do :) I bet they'd come down on jews next. Those types of people just need something to hate and blame.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:32 am

Been mostly lurking here but on this one I will add my 2c.

In a little under 3 months my husband will be going to Iraq. If (god forbid) something happens to him and anyone is insane enough to try this crap at my home.......I won't be the only one in mourning.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:42 am

Karenthael wrote:Been mostly lurking here but on this one I will add my 2c.

In a little under 3 months my husband will be going to Iraq. If (god forbid) something happens to him and anyone is insane enough to try this crap at my home.......I won't be the only one in mourning.

sorry but thats just the wrong attitude to take IF something were to happen

this isnt the stone age any longer. two wrongs dont make a right

-Italian Proverb
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:12 am

two wrongs dont make a right

but three lefts do!
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
muzishun
Sojourner

Postby muzishun » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:22 am

Having lived only a few miles from these cultists for many years and attended countless events they have protested (as a music major, I saw the protestors all the time at theatre and music events), I can say that I'm not surprised at the lengths they'll go to. I firmly believe that they are evil.

My most infuriating memory of them was when I was seeing a visiting stand up comedian at the University's main theatre hall. It was barely a week after the space shuttle Columbia exploded, and these fanatics were out in full force. They weren't protesting the comedian, but the theatre employs gays (would you believe there are homosexuals in the theatre department!?!). A child, no older than five years old, had a sign that read "God blew up the shuttle". I wanted to beat the living snot out of his mother, but all I could do was walk the better road and ignore their shouting and narrow-minded hate rhetoric.

On a good note, the comedian was George Carlin, and I was in the second row in the center. What a wonderful evening!
Bombuj
Dwarf Rogue

Gamuribot
Duergar Assassin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bill Parrott
Co-Owner
Eternal Second Design
(http://www.EternalSecond.com/)
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:29 pm

blah there is no excuse for taking actions like that. how can you respect someone picketing a funeral. dude that's f'd up.. to me theres a big difference between someone picketing something they believe in aka nra, peta whatever.. but picketing someones funeral? anyone who would picket someones funeral is evil. it's just wrong. theres no exceptions or excuses you could make for that. that isnt right and could never be. and to make your children wear signs displaying your hate man.. if there are any real demons in the world or really a satan he'd be doin shit like this. this is pure hate. it's evil... bleh.. makes you sick to think about what go's through the mind of someone like that.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:15 pm

flib wrote:makes you sick to think about what go's through the mind of someone like that.

Don't do it, it's hideous.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 pm

Ambar wrote:

But it sure as shit makes you feel better :) I'd just wait till one of them died and picket the hell out of their funeral -- or attend their services and pretend I have tourettes or something.

We may have the freedom of speech, but with every freedom man is entitled to, there is a corresponding responsibility. There are a million things I could legally think of to make each and every one of their lives a living hell, but I doubt they'd want me to excersize those freedoms. People that do mean things, especially when they know it is mean, and hide behind constitutional freedoms do not deserve those freedoms. To me, picketing those funerals is a breach of the social contract and they should be dealt with accordingly.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:58 pm

"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:02 am

omg.. oh god.. so i checked out these guys website.. wow.. this is bad stuff.. their website btw? godhatesfags.com sigh.. why cant people just be ok with what other people do. am I gay? do i like to fornicate with guys? the answer to that is no. the idea of it disgusts me. but man.. theyre just people.. wtf.. sickening man.. totally sickening.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:33 am

flib wrote:omg.. oh god.. so i checked out these guys website.. wow.. this is bad stuff.. their website btw? godhatesfags.com sigh.. why cant people just be ok with what other people do. am I gay? do i like to fornicate with guys? the answer to that is no. the idea of it disgusts me. but man.. theyre just people.. wtf.. sickening man.. totally sickening.

Oddly enough, by stating what you just stated, you are no better then them in that respect. Not saying your wrong, just loving the irony.

Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:51 pm

Ambar wrote:

this isnt the stone age any longer. two wrongs dont make a right

Nonsense. Violence may not always be the best solution, but it is a solution.

Sundara wrote:
flib wrote:makes you sick to think about what go's through the mind of someone like that.

Don't do it, it's hideous.

It's marmalade!

As an update for those interested, I have spent the last few days experimentally hating random people and groups, but as yet have not been able to fly under my own power. Apparently the combination of proper biggotry is trickier than it sounds!
Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm

I went to that website and didn't have to go far to be disgusted. If anyone truly considered themselves a Christian and actually was intelligent enough to understand their own beliefs they would see that from the start what those people are doing wrong.

Every single Biblical reference they had listed, from what I read, was either completely misquoted, modified, or taken so far out of context that it loses all validness.

I can't remember what passage it is, but there is definately a strong statement in the Bible against doing any of that for any situation. They are using it to accomplish their own goals and get recognition in their communities.

I hate when that is done in any religion. Ugh...
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:47 pm

Just something interesting, all of Fred Phelps' children are lawyers.

heh
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:12 pm

Somehow that does not surprise me, Shar.

Duna, thank you for the updates on that. I am glad to hear that the government is going to take action against these folks, our boys deserve better treatment than this, regardless of one's opinion on the war or a person's lifestyle choices.

Going back to my dark corner now, to lurk until another topic raises my hackles. :)
If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping
with a mosquito in the room.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:41 am

Well, even more of an update.. In todays papers is the exact route, drawn out with places pointed out for people to park and stand for when the procession goes by. I have a feeling that their won't be one empty spot along that route Monday..
I may live in a smaller Hick town, but kinda make a person feel good to know that they're more than willing to stand up for what's right.
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:55 pm

I wasn't aware that Kokomo is a small hick town.... We have 4 major factories, 2 malls, a plethera of restaurants and stores. We may not be able to compete with Indy yet but we're still growing.

L8r,
Rhoquinn group says 'Nok no wandering!'
You group say 'Is there any aggro's here?'
You flee westward!
You group say 'ummm guys?'
Rhoquinn group says 'Dammit Nok'
Welcome to toril
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:52 pm

Nokar wrote:I wasn't aware that Kokomo is a small hick town.... We have 4 major factories, 2 malls, a plethera of restaurants and stores. We may not be able to compete with Indy yet but we're still growing.

L8r,

And a sweet skate park!

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:38 am

Nokar wrote:I wasn't aware that Kokomo is a small hick town.... We have 4 major factories, 2 malls, a plethera of restaurants and stores. We may not be able to compete with Indy yet but we're still growing.

L8r,

you might wanna rethink the growing part.. seeing as how at least one or more of the major factories are facing possible closure.. and once those start to close there won't be a plethora of restaurants and stores around.
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:59 pm

As far as factory closures there is only one in possible jeopardy and thats Delphi.. as far as that goes GM has been in discussions with Delphi and the UAW about a possible buy back of those plants that delphi bought in town. There is nothing definite as of yet. There are no other plant closures going on. Haynes, the pottery, syndicate sales, etc. are still up and running nicely. Plus there are a few other factories in surrounding areas less than 35 minutes away. And yes we are still growing. Kerasotes theatres seems to think we are growing as well otherwise they wouldn't be building a new 10-14 screen theatre at the mall. The city is still branching out in almost all directions. There's also a couple of factories in Tipton I think 1 or 2 in Peru, several in Westfield, etc. If you wanted to commute Theres several factories in Lafayette, Fort Wayne, and a couple out east of town. Most of the people who work in the factories in westfield live here in town, most that work in tipton live between tipton and here in town, same with peru and even a few in Fort Wayne and vice verca. Anyways, just wanted to point out that we aren't in a small hick town. Now Oakford, center, Hemlock, russiaville, sharpsville and the other little towns north of town are little hick towns. *shrug* Yeah for Kokomo, we're making a come back... slowly but surely.

L8r,
Rhoquinn group says 'Nok no wandering!'

You group say 'Is there any aggro's here?'

You flee westward!

You group say 'ummm guys?'

Rhoquinn group says 'Dammit Nok'

Welcome to toril
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:40 pm

skimming the thread i have one last comment.

I knew several people, most of them women, who would say that just about anything, absolutely anything including sexual acts with animals to abortion (while acknowledging a child is "alive" before its born), was ok, but anything with a religious overtone was uncategorically wrong.

These people are obviously not acting with the kind of respect you should afford a fellow man, the kind of respect that the Bible teaches, but I find the disparity in treatment of "religious" people disturbing.

How disrespectful is it to patriots to burn an american flag, to elected representatives to picket / demonstrate in front of the capital / white house/president's ranch? How disrespectful is it to conservatives to put up in a college setting a pro-homosexual display including the words "men coming together"? These are all tolerated, but picketing a funeral is somehow "wrong" and needs to be legislated against?

You either have an open society or you don't. Bush's wiretaps and "lieing" to the public ect don't hold a candle to killing "freedom" in the US when you consider how legislating to the majority works.
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:27 am

I wouldn't say they are tolerated. Of course, I am from the other side of hte country from you so maybe you see different actions taken over there. Over here, funerals are things to be respected. You can be arrested here if you don't pull over to show respect when a funeral procession passes. I know of many folks who have found that out. To me, the comparison you made really holds no water as none of those people are dying for the rights of an entire country.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:45 am

kiryan wrote:How disrespectful is it to patriots to burn an american flag, to elected representatives to picket / demonstrate in front of the capital / white house/president's ranch? How disrespectful is it to conservatives to put up in a college setting a pro-homosexual display including the words "men coming together"? These are all tolerated, but picketing a funeral is somehow "wrong" and needs to be legislated against?

You're missing the point. If they want to protest against something, fine, but there is a time and a place for everything. I'm allowed to have sex, but I'm pretty sure I'd be arrested for having sex in the middle of the mall. Does that make sex wrong? Of course not, but the middle of the mall is definately not the proper place to do it.

If you want to universalize everything, be my guest, but you're going to end up with either complete anarchy (you might be turning leftist, omg!) or complete censorship -- both of which you are obviously against, so why use the argument?

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:49 pm

and what the hell does a soldier dying have to do with how homosexuals are treated

come on

its basic human courtesy and respect and a lack thereof
Last edited by Ambar on Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Italian Proverb
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:02 pm

There's nothing wrong with a return fire discipline.

SGLI payouts can buy a lot of eggs in bulk.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Oddly enough, by stating what you just stated, you are no better then them in that respect. Not saying your wrong, just loving the irony.[/quote]

shrug. i dont see it that way heh was just trying to state that i'm not going to view someone based on their sexual preference.
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:13 am

Oh no...I agree with Teflor. :o
If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping

with a mosquito in the room.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:30 am

The "Oddly enough, by stating what you just stated, you" was supposed to be quoting a previous post above mine.

I don't think he's responding to my post.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:19 am

The State of Kansas has a line item in it's budget for court defense against this guy, and another line for the overtime paid to police for security at his picketing. Not making this up.
emote Rescuepractice

Return to “General Discussion Archive”