HELP!!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
amolol
Sojourner

HELP!!

Postby amolol » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:31 am

Hispanic Lasagna
This is a dish that invented while looking for something new and exiting for a potluck dinner. I call it a lasagna because of the layers in it, just like a lasagna it is layered in starches and filling. It is not a casserole because it has 3 or more layers whereas a casserole only really has two. The filling and starch themselves are Hispanic in orientation. I decided on this for the potluck because Italian and Hispanic cuisine are two of my favorites.
So just before the potluck I ran to the store grabbed what I thought I might need and headed back to my kitchen for as quick of a preparation as I could. First I gathered all the equipment I thought I might need: a cutting board, my chef’s knife, an 18x10 casserole dish, a saucepan, and a skillet. Then I gathered my ingredients: twelve ounces of refried beans, two pounds of hamburger, one red bell pepper, one yellow bell pepper, two sticks of celery, two large tomatoes, one large yellow onion, one package of large tortillas twelve count, ten ounces sour cream, two ounces cilantro, two cloves garlic, twelve ounces cheddar cheese, twelve ounces mozzarella cheese, twelve ounces pepper jack cheese and four ounces of milk.
Start by chopping the onions very finely, add 4 ounces of the chopped onion to the ground hamburger and begin browning. Place the refried beans in the saucepan and begin warming it through. Once the beans have warmed through add the milk and stir to incorporate, more mile may be needed to thin the beans down so that they spread easier. Now grate the celery sticks very finely to breakup the fibers so that you do not have to worry about the fibers getting stuck in your teeth. Now stem and dice the tomato and bell peppers.
Begin assembly by covering the bottom of the casserole dish with tortillas. Now build the bottom layer like this: beans, meat, cheese, onion, diced, garlic, shredded cilantro, tomato celery sour cream tortillas. Now the next layers are built the same way except you remove the garlic and cilantro. Just keep layering until you reach the top of the dish. Once you reach the top add one last layer of cheese and then add the remaining cheese and the remaining vegetables. No meat or beans goes on this layer at all. Any ingredient can be enlarged reduced or removed depending on your tastes. Preheat your oven to three hundred and twenty five degrees. Place the lasagna in for about 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and starts to turn golden brown.
And thus you have my easy made, good to eat, quick to cook, and good to fill Hispanic Lasagna. For a little more spice you can add some chili powder or Tabasco sauce. I find it has just the right about of heat for all. This dish is great for a potluck, or to feed a family, it is even good to make in advance and heat individual servings and serve in single portions.

this is a report that i am writing for class i need another half page and reviews would be good to any suggestions on how to add to inflate or just plain make better would be good, thank you.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:44 am

fixed:

This is a dish that I invented while looking for something new and excting for a potluck dinner. I call it a lasagna because of the layers in it, just like a lasagna it is layered in starches and filling. It is not a casserole because it has 3 or more layers where as a casserole only really has two. The filling and starch themselves are Hispanic in orientation. I decided on this for the potluck because Italian and Hispanic cuisine are two of my favorites.
So just before the potluck I ran to the store grabbed what I thought I might need and headed back to my kitchen for as quick of a preparation as I could. First I gathered all the equipment I thought I might need: a cutting board, my chef’s knife, an 18x10 casserole dish, a saucepan, and a skillet. Then I gathered my ingredients: twelve ounces of refried beans, two pounds of hamburger, one red bell pepper, one yellow bell pepper, two sticks of celery, two large tomatoes, one large yellow onion, one package of large tortillas twelve count, ten ounces sour cream, two ounces cilantro, two cloves garlic, twelve ounces cheddar cheese, twelve ounces mozzarella cheese, twelve ounces pepper jack cheese and four ounces of milk.
Start by chopping the onions very finely, add 4 ounces of the chopped onion to the ground hamburger and begin browning. Place the refried beans in the saucepan and begin warming it through. Once the beans have warmed through add the milk and stir to incorporate, more milk may be needed to thin the beans down so that they spread easier. Now grate the celery sticks very finely to breakup the fibers so that you do not have to worry about the fibers getting stuck in your teeth. Now stem and dice the tomato and bell peppers.
Begin assembly by covering the bottom of the casserole dish with tortillas. Now build the bottom layer like this: beans, meat, cheese, onion, diced, garlic, shredded cilantro, tomato celery sour cream tortillas. Now the next layers are built the same way except you remove the garlic and cilantro. Just keep layering until you reach the top of the dish. Once you reach the top add one last layer of cheese and then add the remaining cheese and the remaining vegetables. No meat or beans go into this layer at all. Any ingredient can be enlarged, reduced, or removed depending on your tastes. Preheat your oven to three hundred and twenty five degrees. Place the lasagna in for about 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and starts to turn golden brown.
And thus you have my easy made, good to eat, quick to cook, and good to fill Hispanic Lasagna. For a little more spice you can add some chili powder or Tabasco sauce. I find it has just the right about of heat for all. This dish is great for a potluck, or to feed a family, it is even good to make in advance and heat individual servings and serve in single portions.
Tasan
Sojourner

Re: HELP!!

Postby Tasan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:10 am

Hispanic Lasagna
This is a dish that invented while looking for something new and exiting for a potluck dinner. I call it a lasagna because of the layers in it, just like a lasagna it is layered with starches and filling. It is not a casserole because it has three or more layers whereas a casserole only really has two. The filling and starch themselves are Hispanic in origin. I decided on this for the potluck because Italian and Hispanic cuisine are two of my favorites, and both are incorporated in this dish.

So just before the potluck I ran to the store grabbed what I thought I might need and headed back to my kitchen for as quick of preparation as I could.

First I gathered all the equipment I thought I might need:
    a cutting board
    my chef’s knife
    an 18x10 casserole dish
    a saucepan
    a skillet
    a grater
Then I gathered my ingredients:
    12 oz. of refried beans
    2 lbs. of hamburger
    10 oz. sour cream
    2 oz. cilantro
    12 oz. cheddar cheese
    12 oz. mozzarella cheese
    12 oz. pepper jack cheese
    4 oz. of milk
    one red bell pepper
    one yellow bell pepper
    two sticks of celery
    two large tomatoes
    one large yellow onion
    one package of large tortillas(twelve count)
    two cloves garlic

Start by chopping the onions very finely, add 4 ounces of the chopped onion to the ground hamburger and begin browning. Place the refried beans in the saucepan and begin warming. Once the beans have warmed through, add the milk and stir to incorporate. More milk may be needed to thin the beans out so that they spread easier. Now grate the celery sticks very finely to breakup the fibers so that you do not have to worry about the fibers getting stuck in your teeth. Now stem and dice the tomatoes and bell peppers and garlic.

Begin assembly by covering the bottom of the casserole dish with tortillas. Now build the bottom layer like this: beans, hamburger, cheese, onion, garlic, shredded cilantro, tomato, celery, sour cream and finally tortillas.

Now the next layers are built the same way except for removing the garlic and cilantro. Just keep layering until you reach the top of the dish. Once you reach the top add one last layer of cheese and then add the remaining cheese and the remaining vegetables. No hamburger or beans should go on this layer at all.

Dependant upon your particular tastes, you may wish to eliminate some of the ingredients, or perhaps use even more. This is perfectly acceptable. For a little more spice I recommend adding in chili powder or Tabasco sauce. I find it has just about the right amount of heat for all.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place the lasagna in for about 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and starts to turn golden brown.

And thus you have my delicious and filling Hispanic Lasagna in the time it takes to watch your favorite sit-com. This dish is great for a potluck, or to feed a family. It is also good to make in advance for heating individual servings.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:26 am

Tasan is on the money - break it up into significant paragraphs, use headings, and list the utensils and ingredients.

I'd also tend to add some more headings, e.g. Introduction, Utensils, Ingredients, Method, Options, Comments, or something.

Consider adding metric measurement values as well.

State that the temp is in F.

Use consistent spacing between similar elements, spellcheck, etc.

Improve the sentance: "This is perfectly acceptable." Actually, the paragraph that is in also could do with some improvement somehow I think.
BEER
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:32 pm

i normally would write a recipe like that but the teacher demanded that we write the whole thing as if we were writing a letter. we are not allowed to make lists like that. its a real bummer tho. ill try breaking it up in more paragraphs as suggested tho. thank you
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef

Return to “General Discussion Archive”