Happy Easter

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
rylan
Sojourner

Happy Easter

Postby rylan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:31 pm

Happy Easter everyone!

Now go find some bunnies and take all their candy. :)
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Easter

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:57 pm

Happy Easter Rylan!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:08 pm

Hoppy Easter all.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Did Rylan just offer to wear a bunny suit and fill his pockets with Reese's peanut butter eggs?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:53 pm

Only if you search through the pockets to find the candy. ;)
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:01 pm

rylan wrote:Only if you search through the pockets to find the candy. ;)

Am I allowed to use a cattle prod when doing so?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:20 pm

... they (Australia) celebrate Easter the exact same way we do: commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night. Now, I wonder why we’re f***** up as a race. Anybody got any idea? You know, I’ve read the Bible. I can’t find the word bunny or chocolate anywhere in the f***ing book. Where do they come up with this sh*t? Why not goldfish left Lincoln logs in your sock drawer? As long as you’re making sh*t up - you know - go hog-wild. At least the goldfish with a Lincoln log on its back going across your carpet has some miraculous connotations: "Mum, today I found a Lincoln log in me sock drawer." That’s the story of Jesus...

- Bill Hicks
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:27 pm

I don't know where they came up with any of this shit, Bible included.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:07 pm

I think Easter is like Christmas. You don't see Santa or Father Christmas etc. in the Bible either. Both holidays are a blend of Christian and pagan celebrations. Christmas doesn't take place at the time of year when Jesus really would have been born. I can't remember the specifics, but Easter involved eggs since pagan-wise it was fertility-related. I have no idea where the bunny came from. Basically as a PR campaign to make Christian conversions less painful and convert people they coopted pagan rituals/celebrations. Who wants to give up holidays? Clever, eh?

My 6 year old daughter says she believes in God, the Easter Bunny, Santa, the Tooth Fairy, mermaids... everything magical. One category. I wonder what will happen to the rest of the category if she finally decides there is no Tooth Fairy... :O

Happy Easter! Hope everyone got some eggs and bunnies like me! VT was crawling with 'em! Funny to see Yuan-Ti necromancers, Drow enchanters... collecting Easter eggs... :)

Iyced

Return to “General Discussion Archive”