The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:28 pm

Feh, invasion is too long now. Tia's too long too. Zones that take too much time are out of most people's desires I'm thinking
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:33 pm

It was only 14 hours because Pril was leading.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm

does that include the time you were in jot with the evils??

alendar
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: Honk if you did a 14 hr jot invasion

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:58 am

Holla!

p.s. mmmm, exp

< 1130h/1130H 185p/185P 121v/121V >
< P: std > l e
You extend your sights eastwards.
A Frozen River
The Torvald river is frozen over with several feet of thick
bluish-white ice. The river flows from the east, from the
highlands of the Great Plateau. The river passes near the
base of one of the large mountains of the Vinsaar range, but there
doesn't appear to be any way to ascend the mountain from here.
A small plain extends southward from the shore before being
broken by a seemingly endless amount of rolling hills.
Room size: Very large (L:80 ft W:40 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: - East - South - West
A sword with a peculiar looking blade lies here.
[95] a large iron axe lies carelessly on the ground.
[18] Corpse of a frost giant soldier is lying here.

Corpse of Cobu is lying here.
[15] Corpse of a frost giant soldier is lying here.
A frost giant soldier stands here fighting off the fire giant assult.(Red Aura)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:56 am

Drache wrote:Feh, invasion is too long now. Tia's too long too. Zones that take too much time are out of most people's desires I'm thinking

My thoughts exactly.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:35 pm

it was long, part of that was because pril had to figure stuff out and part because parts of the zone wasn't working as intended. Even with fixes to the broken parts its going to be a longer zone for the average group because of design.

One thing I noticed was that most of the major fights need heavy area damage and most of the actual fights are 1-2-3 mob fights. If you bring 3 invokers you're memming constantly for the majority of the zone, next time we might want to try 2 damage and 2 invokers and try more kill 1 and get out type tactics on the bigger fights since you have less area.

If the invokers weren't casting then the mobs weren't dieing because the rogue was out scouting and the other melee was contributing no damage. If you wanted to make a change to shorten up the zone, you might make the random grid mobs lower in HPs and leave the major fight mobs higher in hps. Giving the wandering mobs high HPs isn't really going to cause a spank from walkins, its just going to be more time spent churning through mob hps. This is especially true of the "devices", they don't need that many hps. We spent a good 2-3-4 minutes killing each device after the mobs in the room were dead... whats the point of that? And why are they fireshielded, just to make them annoying?

Getting people who died back was a pain in the butt, but at least the whole zone wasn't !teleport (the devices are much better in terms of playability). The feature is obviously trying to strike a balance between anti twink and CR ability. If you ask me, next time bring a necro. Too many random deaths and too much time getting portable and gate/welling people.

With more experience with jot invasion the time is going to come down to 5-6 hours with a STRONG dedicated group, weak or poorly formed groups will hit up there in excess of 8 hours. These are rough guesses because I really lost all sense of how many mobs we were killing after we killed 200 giants in one room.

Heres a kudo to Marthammor, the plan to allow people to upgrade their old jot invasion eq through a quest (1 item per Jot invasion) is GREAT.

I like the new features (devices and the stand and die fights), but I hope that I never sit through another 14 hour jot invasion on a tuesday night. I hope the guy who was 4 hours late to work didn't get fired.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:47 pm

kiryan wrote:it was long, part of that was because pril had to figure stuff out and part because parts of the zone wasn't working as intended. Even with fixes to the broken parts its going to be a longer zone for the average group because of design.

One thing I noticed was that most of the major fights need heavy area damage and most of the actual fights are 1-2-3 mob fights. If you bring 3 invokers you're memming constantly for the majority of the zone, next time we might want to try 2 damage and 2 invokers and try more kill 1 and get out type tactics on the bigger fights since you have less area.

If the invokers weren't casting then the mobs weren't dieing because the rogue was out scouting and the other melee was contributing no damage. If you wanted to make a change to shorten up the zone, you might make the random grid mobs lower in HPs and leave the major fight mobs higher in hps. Giving the wandering mobs high HPs isn't really going to cause a spank from walkins, its just going to be more time spent churning through mob hps. This is especially true of the "devices", they don't need that many hps. We spent a good 2-3-4 minutes killing each device after the mobs in the room were dead... whats the point of that? And why are they fireshielded, just to make them annoying?

Getting people who died back was a pain in the butt, but at least the whole zone wasn't !teleport (the devices are much better in terms of playability). The feature is obviously trying to strike a balance between anti twink and CR ability. If you ask me, next time bring a necro. Too many random deaths and too much time getting portable and gate/welling people.

With more experience with jot invasion the time is going to come down to 5-6 hours with a STRONG dedicated group, weak or poorly formed groups will hit up there in excess of 8 hours. These are rough guesses because I really lost all sense of how many mobs we were killing after we killed 200 giants in one room.

Heres a kudo to Marthammor, the plan to allow people to upgrade their old jot invasion eq through a quest (1 item per Jot invasion) is GREAT.

I like the new features (devices and the stand and die fights), but I hope that I never sit through another 14 hour jot invasion on a tuesday night. I hope the guy who was 4 hours late to work didn't get fired.

Yeah have to totally agree, but we'll see how long next invasion takes with the fixes.

Also thanks to Marth who instead of just logging the whole thing took the time to follow group around for the majority of the 14 hrs to find bugs and get them fixed.

Great exp though afte the 200 giant room pril spam res'd failed 3 res's and was still up 20% :p
The best of WTF statments of '06

--------------------------------------------------------

Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'

Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'

Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”