Visual Assistance

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Visual Assistance

Postby Auril » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:17 am

I was speaking with one of our players who happens to be blind, and he told me about the software he uses. He mentioned that he likes JAWS, as described at www.freedomscientific.com.

Another of our players had been talking with me before then, and said that people who have a hard time seeing the non-text games should do fairly well here.

So, if you've got a friend who has trouble with the graphics-intensive games and would like some assistance seeing or hearing text, consider the software available at www.freedomscientific.com. :)

Auril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:30 pm

Wow, it never even occurred to me that the visually impaired would have a device that could help with something so text-intensive as a mud.

Maybe something so incredibly helpful deserves a sticky in the "new user" help forum?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:05 pm

How would that work for this game? Can you get it so it doesn't read every line of spam that people with sight ignore? Can you imagine being read battle spam?!
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:04 am

stupid homonyms
Last edited by Tasan on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:27 am

That makes perfect sense. Can you imagine someone having to read you battle spam?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”