Pictures of Dlur's Package

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Gormal
Sojourner

Pictures of Dlur's Package

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:53 pm

This is a few days late, but looky what we have here...

What bounty lies within yon box?!

A cornucopia of non-perishable joy!

Time to hit that old radiation station, the microwave!

Ne'er shall my food be bland again! (Old stash combined with new)

Pre-packaged Dlur, the Dragonrider.

Thanks Jim, you made a few happy Sailors. In fact, we dined on Chili Mac tonight with a healthy dose of Cholula... mmm. And those pop tarts saved me before Shellback initiation when I knew we weren't going to be allowed to eat anything edible.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:54 pm

I was hoping for pictures of... y'know... Dlur's package.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:41 pm

Shoot, if you're getting goodies like that you don't need Vandy baking you any cookies...which is good, more for me.
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Kelly still owes me cookies and you need to stop eating them before she can send em:(
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Kelly still owes me cookies and you need to stop eating them before she can send em:(
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:56 am

The castle heroes was because I knew you couldn't telnet into the MUD, so I figured you could equip up and solo a dragon offline.

Glad you were able to use everything in there though, and I hope the velvetta cheese was still artery clogging good!
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:07 am

How much longer are you going to be out there, Jake?

Do you need real coffee? Those tea-bagged coffeebags aren't half bad.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:10 am

Ashiwi wrote:tea-bagged coffeebags

I'll tell ya, the jokes just write themselves in this thread!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:03 am

The dragon's head is 2 parts, and quickly fell apart so I had to set up a triage for him and apply liberal amounts of hot glue. He was saved, and lived to storm a hastily built castle defended by the catapult (which I'm not sure exactly how it was intended to work... but we made it happen.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker unless its foofooey. I've always been more of a tea drinker so I have my locker stocked with Earl Grey. I'll be out here until late December. Luckily we're hitting a port soon so I can stock up on some things that are as used up as Ragorn.

Thanks again, Jim!
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 am

Gormal wrote: I'll be out here until late December. Luckily we're hitting a port soon so I can stock up on some things that are as used up as Ragorn.

Well give some ideas of what you think you still may need.... that way some of us can get packages sent out that will get to you before you get back :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:00 pm

I dunno, anything makes us happy. Ask Ambar for ideas, I like surprises, except the one that Ragorn left me "downstairs" the last time he visited.
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:04 pm

So I hear that the UN is considering instituting a naval blockade of North Korea. Any chance that could delay your coming home if it goes through?

Although by the time it happens, you'll likely already be home.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:14 pm

A standard deployment is 6 months, and we're scheduled for around 4.5 months at sea currently. Its mostly due to a huge portion of the crew leaving the ship early next year and other things caused by a new ship's schedule. However, there's always talk about extension when it comes to short tours, and this one was no exception before the North Korea crap. I don't know about specific roles we might play, ie blockade, ground support, FIRE MISSILES, whatever... but I can see the Bush White House moving another strike group out here and keeping us on station for intimidation and possible action.

I hope not, I miss America.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:23 pm

cast 'force missile'

sigh

I think that most anything snacky and anything hot sauce or bbq related to spice up gross food is good. I did caution several folks about NOT sending *mouthwash* .. um with the shit going on today I really really wouldnt do it.

I wish I was a better friend cause I'd have already sent stuff too ..

ooo has the ships store run out of cards yet?? poker chips, scorepads ... .. *training flicks* a CD here or there ... tshirts .. boxers (maybe they still have the tinys :P) Deodorant .. um .. extra razor blades .. um ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:33 pm

You know what would be cool? A good book. I'm re-reading the Fire and Ice Series, but after that I don't have anything. Literature, fantasy, fiction, historical... whatever someone deems "good" would be kickin rad.

I brought a TON of nice chips and cards on board which I rent out and use for my own games, the poker guys all call me the Godfather since I've controlled the poker games on board since we all got here.

Hopefully I'll have some good Sasebo pictures to share soon!
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:21 pm

Hey where is my care package??? I am stuck in Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood and you guys aren't sending me poptarts? BaH!!!!!

Karenthael/Shiallia/Likki
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:17 am

Well, I know why I haven't sent a package yet.. haven't had the spare money to do so.. with gettin laid off and all :)
But I will get one out to you soon ;)
I've got books, lots actually... but I'm not so sure you'd like what I could send you.. mine are all Historical Romance novels :)

Let us know if you need razors, etc..
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:18 am

Karenthael wrote:Hey where is my care package??? I am stuck in Basic Training at Fort Leonard Wood and you guys aren't sending me poptarts? BaH!!!!!

Karenthael/Shiallia/Likki

Basic Training is no where near what Jake's going through...
Besides, they limit what you can get in Basic :P
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:23 am

i think almost the only english books i got is the harry potter series... at least that i could dig up!
awesome yer getting packages tho. :) that's so nice! i really like how you blackened out jim's addy but left yours, too ;) *G*

(yes, i am aware this was the right thing to do!)
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:37 pm

What's the average shipping time Jake?

Couldn't see the post mark. *wink*

H
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:42 pm

Are you a Shellback now or still a Land Lubbing Polly Wog?

"Charge 1: In that has hither to willfully and maliciously failed to show reverence and allegiance to our Royal Person, and is therein and thereby a vile Land-Lubber and Polly Wog."

"Charge 5: In that to this day you fornicate with questionably gendered whores in foreign ports masquerading as a Shellback and how you are still a slimy hay tosser."

Hope the rest of your trip goes well. I'll see what books I got laying around and see about sending one your way.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Trust, crusty, perhaps a bit musty Shellback!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”