MYTZLE

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
PhantomCabbie
Sojourner

MYTZLE

Postby PhantomCabbie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:02 am

Good evening. I feel a little bit late posting this, but I came across the website here after being absent from toril for many years. I used to play back in the CS, Eye, LOC days. My real life best friend was the druid Mytzle from CS. I used his name in a search and found a few people mentioning him <Adriorn> At any rate. It pains me to say that he has passed on. Tommy came to Austin to be with me and my family and friends after hurricane Katrina forced him to evacuate. In sept. of 2005 he died of heart failure. It was very sudden and unexpected, as well as crushing to us all. I remember how fondly he thought of you all. I don't know a lot of you personally. I was a lowbie who never got passed level 40 heh, But tommy used to invite me along with you all to play. He really enjoyed his time here. We just had an anniversary memorial for him in New Orleans. So things are still a bit sad for me. But I thought you folks should know. Thanks for listening and I wish you all well.

In memorium

Thomas Boudreaux 1973-2005 (Mytzle)

Adam (aka Sylin/Dyth)
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:21 am

Thank you for sharing, and you have our condolences on his loss.

Chentra/Gartra (then) - Lilira/Eya (now)
Rhoquinn/Swen (then) - Fen/Roqn (now)
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:56 am

Damn.

That really sucks. I can't really recall when I started talking to him(I was back in Fort Worth at the time) and he was a really good guy. He was always a hoot to talk to. This is actually pretty damn sad, I definitely appreciate you posting (assuming you read this again), and my deepest sympathies to his family and friends(Even though it has been a year now). I had tried to get a hold of him a few times througout the past year or two, as I was worried about him w/the hurricane thing. guess this explains some things.

Heh, I remember when I was job hunting, I had him as a reference for the longest time because he worked at IBM.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
PhantomCabbie
Sojourner

Postby PhantomCabbie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:14 am

Arilin-

Yeah, it is really sad. After we left toril, he and I played Everquest together for a couple years. We were roommates in Austin for awhile and then he moved back to New Orleans because of health problems. We really think that the stress of the hurricane and everything just kinda took a big toll on him. Sorry it took me so long to post this, but my whole family had to move here with me after that freaking hurricane and life has been hectic. I've lost another friend from Toril as well. I'm sure some of you remember Waza as well from the old days. Tommy and I took it hard when he died. Sorry, this is really depressing ...I've probably depressed the entire website *weak grin*. Thanks for your words. I appreciate it.

Sylin
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:29 am

*SIGH* Damn, not sure what to say even. Total bummer. :( R.I.P. Mytzweavle.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Damn

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:31 pm

Damn.

We were good friends back in the day, and I managed to keep in touch with him over ICQ and talk once a year or so. But this explains my innability to get in touch with him for awhile now. He was part of our fun crew, and we had many, many a good time talking and enjoying the time together. We even started playing alternate places after the RoT debacle. I will miss him, he was always a nice man, and fun to be around. Thanks for the notice, it is appreciated. I'll have him in my prayers tonight.

Adriorn Darkcloak
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:44 pm

Dammit.

Sigh.

Best of luck in the next, mate.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kybrell
Sojourner

Postby Kybrell » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:48 am

Tommy was one of the greatest people I've known in all the years I've played on these games. Most knew me as Kybrell. I have often wondered what happened to him after Katrina. We talked about us visiting each other but our schedules never seemed to mesh and us get together. I wish there was a way you could contact me and tell me some details as to what happened and what is going on with his little boy. I can't imagine his family and their grief.

God Bless Tommy!
You'll never be forgotten......
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 am

Oooh, sad news :(

I only knew Mytzle / Thomas kinda briefly through some hunts together and chats here and there ages ago it seems now, seemed like a really cool guy.

Thanks for letting us know man.

R.I.P Thomas.

Mogr aka Shane.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”