Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Tayros
Sojourner

The Bartle Test For MUD/MMORPG Players

Postby Tayros » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:27 pm

http://www.guildcafe.com/zQuest.php

Based on your answers, you are ASEK.
Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 46.67%, Socializer 46.67%

ASEK players like to pit themselves against the grand-challenges of a virtual world. They see grouping and guilds/clans not only as an enjoyable aspect of the social environment, but also as a way to achieve goals that cannot be achieved as an individual.
Last edited by Tayros on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm

Based on your answers, you are AKES.
Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 40.00%
AKES players like to be the best-of-the-best at everything the game has to offer. They like to be high on the ladders of whatever metrics the game uses, including PVP. They like the best gear, the most power, and they love being the 'first' at something. Their prowess in PVP is generally supported by a large degree of understanding and posession of the best equipment and skills.
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:38 pm

Based on your answers, you are AESK.
Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 53.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 46.67%

AESK players are interested in the player-versus-environment aspect of the game more than anything else. They are often soloists who want to achieve and see what the world has to offer. Often, they find groups cumbersome and PVP to be more an annoyance than a feature.
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:52 pm

Based on your answers, you are SEAK.
Breakdown: Achiever 46.67%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 6.67%, Socializer 73.33%
SEAK players are usually very interested in the the 'total experience' of a virtual world--meeting other people and finding the unique places within it. They don't care much for PVP or levelling, but meeting up with online friends to see new parts of the world is usually fun and exciting.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:22 pm

Based on your answers, you are SAEK.
Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 53.33%, Killer 20.00%, Socializer 66.67%
SAEK players enjoy socializing more than anything else, but they also like to achieve the goals within the game. Often, the increase in social status that comes with defeating a powerful foe or finding a unique treasure is more important than the achievement itself. They also enjoy being part of a team that tries to accomplish great deeds, often finding as much satisfaction in the success of the group as with oneself.

I think that if I answered this quiz a few years ago I'd be more likely to be AESK, and if I recall correctly I did take this quiz 5 years ago or so and that is what my results were. Amazing how we change over time...
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Iduna
Sojourner

Postby Iduna » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:02 pm

Based on your answers, you are SKEA.
Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 80.00%

SKEA players enjoy teamwork and cooperation, but feel that the main challenges of a virtual world come from the other players rather than the environment. They enjoy forming groups and alliances that will pit themselves against other players--and they gain the most satisfaction when they defeat organized groups of other players. When they aren't playing against other players, they enjoy all of the social aspects of the game.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:09 am

Based on your answers, you are KEAS.
Breakdown: Achiever 46.67%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 26.67%
KEAS players are often individuals who like to feel immersed in a virtual worlds and see themselves as a great villain or crusader within that world. They seek out challenges against other players, but they are going to find all the areas of that world. They'll often know about the best hiding places and ambush points.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:34 pm

You are being chased by a monster on an MMORPG.
Do you:
Hide somewhere you know the monster won't follow
Ask a friend for help in killing it

where was the let it track you to town where it can kill everyone option?

Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 53.33%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%
KAES players tends to enjoy the PVP aspect most of all, but also likes to pit themself against all the challenges of the PVE environment as well--although the latter is often a means to an end. This type of player will often enjoy PVP that focuses on their skill as an individual contributor (duels, and so forth) more than team-based PVP.
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:58 am

although the questions have limited answers, hell one answer was between a mage as an identify bot or a bard as comic relief, and there was no neither button, here are my results.

Based on your answers, you are KSAE.
Breakdown: Achiever 33.33%, Explorer 33.33%, Killer 86.67%, Socializer 46.67%
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”