A Real Life Toril Adventure

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

A Real Life Toril Adventure

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:07 am

So I was talking to Dave, and somehow or the other we got onto the idea of taking a canoe trip down the Potomac. I've never been on a camping float trip, only been on one-day floats, and I thought it sounded like a total blast.

The question is... would anybody else be interested in a multiple-day canoe and camping trip on the river this summer? Right now it's just tentative discussion, but if even a handful of people are interested it could be a really great time.

The hard part for me is planning vacation time, as I'm not high on seniority at my job, so I'd have to have an idea of about when to slot it in, and once I was pencilled into the schedule, there would be very little chance of me changing it.

So any thoughts? Any takers? It would take a lot of planning, so speak up!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:35 am

id be down
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:34 am

A group of four can have a heck of a time. We could probably accomodate up to a group size of 16. Every group needs a sitter.

If we do end up having more interest than that, we could still do it, but I would need to find another guide, or an outdoorsman with CPR certification.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:03 am

While I'm not an "official" outdoorsman, I will get my first aid certs updated before that point.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:46 am

money being the real issue on this one, i'd be down. i've tought lifeguarding and advancing first aid/cpr etc for the red cross for almost 8 years, so if anyone would sponsor a semi lifesaver ;) :wink wink:
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:33 am

if i can afford it i would love to go. not sure what the finance is gonna be at that time and if i will be able to have time off from work. but if i remember to put in for it far enough ahead of time it shouldnt be a problem.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:29 pm

Screw you guys out east/midwest/anywhere not west coast.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:45 pm

damn straight, Gormal.

Besides which, isn't the Potomac heavily polluted and industrial? I can't help but reference it against rivers like the McKenzie, the Snake, the Siusla, or the Rogue. (Yeah, Oregon has a river called the Rogue River! And for good reason, too. It STEALS lives. Eat your hearts out, gamers everywhere!) Does basic first aid help much when everybody is covered in blistering sores?

Well, at least you have rivers. Stupid Denmark doesn't even have a mountain, let alone a river. I can't believe I moved to this country... Oh wait, yeah, free healthcare, free university, and thousands of hot drunken blonde girls. Damn.. yeah....
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:29 pm

Anyone who wants to party in SoCal this summer is free to hang out with me. I'm probably going to get all of my camping gear from my parents and head out east to get some good old fashioned 'roughin it' in.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:43 am

daggaz wrote:damn straight, Gormal.

Besides which, isn't the Potomac heavily polluted and industrial? I can't help but reference it against rivers like the McKenzie, the Snake, the Siusla, or the Rogue. (Yeah, Oregon has a river called the Rogue River! And for good reason, too. It STEALS lives. Eat your hearts out, gamers everywhere!) Does basic first aid help much when everybody is covered in blistering sores?

Well, at least you have rivers. Stupid Denmark doesn't even have a mountain, let alone a river. I can't believe I moved to this country... Oh wait, yeah, free healthcare, free university, and thousands of hot drunken blonde girls. Damn.. yeah....

Great thing about rivers, near the source they usually tend to be pristine. And by the way, no. Also, what do the hot drunk blonde chicks say to you over there when they're like the hot drunk blond chicks over here trying to say no?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:27 pm

great idea! lets go rafting down the rogue! i happen to know a guide....

as a side note ive been thinking about torilmud oregon version for the westcoasters....i havent discussed it with all my room mates tho and we would need to wait for summer.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:01 am

Gormal wrote:Anyone who wants to party in SoCal this summer is free to hang out with me. I'm probably going to get all of my camping gear from my parents and head out east to get some good old fashioned 'roughin it' in.

if you can get a site for san onofre, i'm down. rosarita is cool too

Return to “General Discussion Archive”